salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-10-2016, 05:56 PM

You forgot to mention that Donald Trump is also a gigantic liar. They are all liars. :)

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 10-10-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Clinton and Obama are liars of epidemic proportions. Provable spreaders of falsehoods. If lying is taught to be acceptable in any church is this church not reprobate?

I don't know why you insert Bernie Sanders Into your point. My purpose of mentioning Sanders was to show that he is a non-believer that is prospering since it was asked of me to show what God has done for those who choose not to follow Him.
You were the one who brought Bernie up first in the list I quoted, hence his inclusion.

And I'm aware politicians lie, ergo why the articles I linked to are written by a third party, thoroughly researched, and posted on major news sites that come under heavy scrutiny every day by their millions of readers. If those articles were found to be incorrect, it would be discovered quickly and a public apology/retraction added to the article. You don't get much more unbiased than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
You forgot to mention that Donald Trump is also a gigantic liar. They are all liars. :)
Also true!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-12-2016, 06:22 AM

The articles documenting church attendance are useless to me. Just because someone goes to church doesn't make that person a Christian. The same even applies to the pastor. The instant a Christian tells a lie that person has committed a sin and needs to repent of that sin. Lying without committing a sin isn't some privilege afforded a Christian or anyone else simply because he or she attends church or is a politician.

Quote:
James 1:26 NKJV If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.
I did not mention Donald Trump because I was asked what God has done for the non believers and so I provided a list of those whom I have reason to believe are not only non believers, but rail against God either by words or actions. My intent was not to create a list of liars.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Now let me add real quick: I am not saying I do not believe in him. I just do not know what to believe. I lack faith. Either way, I am therefore condemned to my fate. You know, I would truly love to believe in a Heaven and an Almighty God who watches over us. See that is the root of all religion. No one wants to truly believe they are alone. They do not want to believe there is nothing after they die. So, yes, I do hope there is a heaven. I'd like to be able to see all the loved ones I have lost again. But my doubts will prevent that. It is just who I am and if there is a God then he should understand. At least I would hope so, but though you say his is merciful, he is also wrathful. And has pride, which is another sin.The reason why I say he has pride is because he hates when someone denies him as the true God. Someone humble, someone noble, and truly good would be patient and understand the struggle to have faith. He would understand people's flaws and would tolerate their choices. But he doesn't. He thinks everyone should obey him. Bow and pray to him and only him. That is pride. And that is power hungry. He should understand how we humans think. He should understand our flaws and be okay if we worship other deities, because he is supposed to love us unconditionally. He is supposed to be merciful and forgiving.Now before you get upset or mad or whatever about that statement let me ask you this: If a normal human being craved power and demanded of all those in his land to claim him as their king and no other. To obey him and worship him or be punished and condemned, he would be disliked. He would be considered greedy and power hungry and cruel. But God does this exact same thing and yet he should be praised and loved.I get it, don't get me wrong, He is God and that is viewed differently. But the similarities are unmistakable to me. ---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:23 PM ---------- And you're wrong. Believing in God does lead to violence. It still does today. And Christianity is actually considered the most violent religion today. Many people still commit violent acts in His name. Yes, that is human fault, but they believe that God would want it that way. People attack abortion clinics still today and claim it as an act of God. Their beliefs in God justify their actions in their minds. They feel it righteous. Again, yes it is human error, but their beliefs are what leads them.
Back on on. Sorry for the delay.

---------- Post added 10-13-2016 at 01:58 PM ----------

Velvet: God created man with the intent that man was to obey God's Word. In return, God will love mankind and provide for mankind. God created the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve to live in and if you read the book of Genesis it details how lush and bountiful this garden was. Adam and Eve roamed freely and wanted for nothing. They didn't have perform any work. They didn't need clothes. They didn't need shelter. Food was ready to be plucked from the vine. Adam and Eve had very easy. And all they had to do was not eat the forbidden fruit.

And all was well and wonderful until the devil came along and convinced Eve to eat this fruit which she did and then she convinced Adam to do so also. The Lord comes along and sees the disobedience and and the garden goes bye bye, the weather is cursed, and now Adam and Eve have to work to provide for themselves.

My point is that God wanted to be worshipped by man, but also provided for man. This is God's covenant with man. It's really simple: obey me and I take care of you. Sounds like a good deal to me. The only way things become complicated is when man disobeys God's word. God isn't subject to mood swings and doesn't become vengeful without much provocation. Worshipping false gods being at the top of the list.

If you were God, and you created man, the Heavens and the Earth, wouldn't you want worship or recognition from your creation? We expect our children to obey us and love us, yet we are not God, but we love our children and provide for them. So being as this is our reality we need to adjust to it. We need to follow God's commandments as it is in our best interest to do so.

I look at it this way, the bible and the Ten Commandments are sanity. Living outside of the bible and its commandments is insanity. What are people doing today? The majority of them are living outside of God's word and so what do we have? Insanity everywhere. Rape, murder, lying, stealing, terror, corruption, greed, lust, lust for power. One of your biggest complaints is people killing in God's name. The bible forbids man committing murder. Nowhere in the bible does God permit man to kill in His name. Those who do kill in God's name do so of their own accord and are acting contrary to Christian principles. This creates an even more insane situation because of the confusion involved. This is one of Satan's biggest traps. If he can convince you that God is an unjust God then you have fallen into the devil's snare for it leaves you confused and angry at God which is a truly hopeless situation.

---------- Post added 10-13-2016 at 02:05 PM ----------

I would also like to address what you said about Jesus return with a sword. Stay tuned...

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 10-13-2016 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: quoting

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2016, 04:42 AM

I used to be a pretty devout Christian. I'm not anymore. I don't know what to describe my beliefs as, other than non-religious. I'm not Agnostic, I'm not Atheist.

I don't believe in a holy omnipresent angry old man in the sky with a beard ready to smite anyone who doesn't follow him. Religion for the most part is used to control and instill fear in others so that the status quo isn't challenged. It's a form power and control.

I don't believe that our lives are simply just a biological process, we live, reproduce, and die.

I do believe that there is some sort of creative force in the universe that humans can't really understand, but maybe we are just starting to scratch at the surface through the study of the macro and microcosms. There are a lot of things that we don't understand, and I think the journey of discovering these things is amazing. I do my best to live by the golden rule, to make decisions for the better of everyone. I believe in the existance of a soul, and things that we just can't explain scientifically (yet). Young children for example suddenly speaking languages perfectly that they were never exposed to, or having precise memories about locations and people they have never seen or been exposed to. I don't believe that when we die that's it. I believe in reincarnation and that we keep coming back to learn more and more. Like a classroom of sorts, and eventually you graduate one grade and move on to the next with new lessons. It's weird, but whatever. XD I guess it's no weirder than believing God sends a hurricane because marriage equality was legalized, or Jesus is coming back to take all the all the "saved" people so they don't have to endure hardships while the "unsaved" go through tribulations. The whole rapture theory is just a method of spreading fear and gaining more followers, power and money. u_u

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of really amazing and great people who are active within their religions, and it does benefit a lot of people and brings meaning and greater purpose to their lives. I believe this is true for most religious people. The majority of people want to do good and mean well. But as they say, the bad apple ruins the bunch.

Fear of God and repenting for sins keeps the populace "in their place". Much of religion, all religions, is based on mythology that was passed on through generations, repeated by mouth and finally written down (and then translated and re-translated, and reinterpreted). Most Christian holidays are directly based on Pagan practices to earn more followers and political allegiances. Jesus said not to blindly follow people's words and search for the truth. But yet they will sit there and accept any worldview the people in power want them to believe because "the bible says so", and this cannot be challenged. It also promotes hate and division between each other. It's basically an open door to anyone who wants to gain power and control to others, wolves in sheeps clothing. Honestly, there are many Christ-like and Godly people who don't follow an established religion at all.

I donno, I see religion falling to the wayside in future generations. Things have changed a lot in only my short 35 years of being around. Who knows.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-28-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion Uzuki View Post
I used to be a pretty devout Christian. I'm not anymore. I don't know what to describe my beliefs as, other than non-religious. I'm not Agnostic, I'm not Atheist.

I don't believe in a holy omnipresent angry old man in the sky with a beard ready to smite anyone who doesn't follow him. Religion for the most part is used to control and instill fear in others so that the status quo isn't challenged. It's a form power and control.

I don't believe that our lives are simply just a biological process, we live, reproduce, and die.

I do believe that there is some sort of creative force in the universe that humans can't really understand, but maybe we are just starting to scratch at the surface through the study of the macro and microcosms. There are a lot of things that we don't understand, and I think the journey of discovering these things is amazing. I do my best to live by the golden rule, to make decisions for the better of everyone. I believe in the existance of a soul, and things that we just can't explain scientifically (yet). Young children for example suddenly speaking languages perfectly that they were never exposed to, or having precise memories about locations and people they have never seen or been exposed to. I don't believe that when we die that's it. I believe in reincarnation and that we keep coming back to learn more and more. Like a classroom of sorts, and eventually you graduate one grade and move on to the next with new lessons. It's weird, but whatever. XD I guess it's no weirder than believing God sends a hurricane because marriage equality was legalized, or Jesus is coming back to take all the all the "saved" people so they don't have to endure hardships while the "unsaved" go through tribulations. The whole rapture theory is just a method of spreading fear and gaining more followers, power and money. u_u

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of really amazing and great people who are active within their religions, and it does benefit a lot of people and brings meaning and greater purpose to their lives. I believe this is true for most religious people. The majority of people want to do good and mean well. But as they say, the bad apple ruins the bunch.

Fear of God and repenting for sins keeps the populace "in their place". Much of religion, all religions, is based on mythology that was passed on through generations, repeated by mouth and finally written down (and then translated and re-translated, and reinterpreted). Most Christian holidays are directly based on Pagan practices to earn more followers and political allegiances. Jesus said not to blindly follow people's words and search for the truth. But yet they will sit there and accept any worldview the people in power want them to believe because "the bible says so", and this cannot be challenged. It also promotes hate and division between each other. It's basically an open door to anyone who wants to gain power and control to others, wolves in sheeps clothing. Honestly, there are many Christ-like and Godly people who don't follow an established religion at all.

I donno, I see religion falling to the wayside in future generations. Things have changed a lot in only my short 35 years of being around. Who knows.
I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply. Sometimes I become lazy and fall away from the things I actually need to do.

What I would like to address first is the old saying that church is for control. While that may be true in many cases, it simply cannot be true in all cases.
I think that for someone to say that "churches control people" is a cop out and exposes their own hypocrisy without them realizing it. It's a cop out because it provides an excuse not to attend church or otherwise become closer to God.

I've addressed the issue of knowing how to know what is a good church to attend and what is not. I believe most folks who attend church go because they want to hear a message that will uplift them and never want to hear anything else. What difference is this from taking drugs, really? People abuse drugs to feel good and so a lot of church goers want to continually be uplifted. We all know that life is full of unpleasantries that are inescapable. But drugs are not the answer and neither is attending a reprobate church.

It's late as I text this so I'll have to conclude later, but in the meantime look up the gift of discerning spirits. God gives us tools to deal with life's situations if we believe in Him. More later.

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2016, 08:00 AM

Didn't realize you replied, but I'm rarely ever here ;-;

So you mentioned the ten commandments being basically like where the line is drawn for morality. But how did humanity survive prior to the knowledge of it? I think in today's day in age it would be complete chaos, at least for a good while, but if you don't look at humans as spiritual creatures and just as animals with a more complex thought process, then morality in my opinion ceases to serve a function. If you take away the idea of heaven or hell, then anything you do wouldn't make much of a difference. You would eventually die, and become the new patch of grass near the sidewalk. Humanity would survive without it, or maybe it'll cause an apocalypse. I dunno. If our species is wiped, it'll be our own doing, but only because we've advanced too much as a society, not due to a moral low-ground.

I've also thought about what you said about what created these cycles. Well, what if the universe has always existed? It was never created or born, and will never perish. The stars explode and reform endlessly in the expanse like the cycle of death on earth. I realize this concept is insane by the way, and very well may be unlikely. But I mean what if? The universe is expanding? Maybe not. Maybe it just appears that way from our limited perspective.

You mentioned scientists proving God. I don't believe in science for the most part. Science is proven until it's not anymore. I do believe its necessary of course for giving us further understanding of the things we are able to percieve, but I don't believe in 'proof' of God. It's called..faith, yes? On the other hand, I'm not going to attempt to disprove God, because there's always the possibility that he may exist and I may be wrong. I'm not agnostic though. But hey if God shows up like 'yo whatup check these miracles homeskillet', then I'll be like 'welp, ok then'.

Anyway, my thoughts aren't meant to incite any anger of course. I'm not particularly intelligent on these matters. Used to go to church and read most of the bible when I was younger. Just wasn't my thing :p

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-19-2016, 02:14 AM

The bible doesn't make mention of a "universe" per se, but rather the creation of the heavens and the earth and the sun, moon and stars. In that respect I don't believe there has always been a universe that has always existed.

How did man get along without the Ten Commandments? I don't know and not too well would be my guess as God did eventually bring them about.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-21-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
The heart of man is so desperately wicked, that the most severe miseries never will bring any to repent, without the special grace of God. Hell itself is filled with blasphemies; and those are ignorant of the history of human nature, of the Bible, and of their own hearts, who do not know that the more men suffer, and the more plainly they see the hand of God in their sufferings, the more furiously they often rage against him. Let sinners now seek repentance from Christ, and the grace of the Holy Spirit, or they will have the anguish and horror of an unhumbled, impenitent, and desperate heart; thus adding to their guilt and misery through all eternity. Darkness is opposed to wisdom and knowledge, and forebodes the confusion and folly of the idolaters and followers of the beast. It is opposed to pleasure and joy, and signifies anguish and vexation of spirit.
@Inzanedbraned; I was reading along today and found this nifty commentary. I'm always astonished that you will complain about life's miseries, but yet you won't cry out to God to help you. You even go so far as to say that there is no God. This perplexes me, too, as I believe God is love and will never leave nor forsake us. Your latest post about how the Blackfeet tribe believes in many gods tells me that you most certainly do believe in something bigger than yourself.

This is why I want you to read the Book of Job. The story of Job IS YOUR STORY. The stories of the bible are stories about the human condition and human nature. Bible stories deal with every emotion, every grievance, every situation, and conflict man has ever caused or suffered through. You always end your posts with hope that something will change, that something will get better. God can provide that hope for you if you ask Him in truth. It saddens me when you elude to harming yourself saying that this might end your suffering. Depression is an attack from Satan. Depression is one of Satan's most effective demons. Your feelings of being depressed are actually an attack by this demon. But you have the power to tell this demon to leave you. But you have to want it to leave.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 11-21-2016 at 05:59 PM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-22-2016, 12:44 AM

First off, I need to tell you that you didn't ping me here...I happened upon your post to me out of pure boredom, having opened your thread only to lurk and read the current discussion...that it was by "happenstance" that I even read it! Lol!

I'm not sure how you decipher my appreciation and thanks to all entities that exist as believing that there is a greater being than myself...
I believe that I am eternally equal to all that exists...that no person or thing is more powerful than another.
Greed and prejudice have ruined mankind.
I truly don't wish for things I don't need...and, even in what seems to be my misery, I appreciate the little things that helped me overlook my saddnes or disappointment.
As for my depression...ummm...well...
I know where my depression comes from...It comes from ME!
I have had many reasons to feel let-down, disappointed, unhappy and even guilty...
Those emotions make a person depressed!
It is in knowing why I am depressed that I choose not to treat it with mind altering prescription drugs...I been there, done that, and have the scars on my wrist to show for trying to treat a "disorder" that isn't really a disorder, but a natural thing our brains do when we don't give them something to not be depressed about to think about.
Maybe, by your thought, it was Satan who created every sad and disappointing event in my life for me to remember and be depressed about...
But I'm pretty sure I'm depressed due to lack of reason NOT to be!
Letssee.....
I lost my grandma, with whom I lived, just as I was becoming a teenager...which thrust me into the care of my alcoholic/abusive/neglectful mother until I made the ludicrous plan to get pregnant at 15 years of age to get away from her.
A failed marriage and a son dead from crib death...him being my second child...and a divorce on my resume before I turned 21...
The poor choices continue throughout my life...lots to feel sad about...
Add in my present situation and I have plenty to be depressed about.

I deal with my problems differently than most...
I USED to write about my daily adventures...That used to help me to see more of the good things as I wrote about the bad...
But, since I moved here, to Menewsha, I have lost my desire to share much...I keep most of it to myself because I don't want to always be the "Downer" at the party.
Now, I just endure...
There is a reason that the stress, alone, hasn't killed me...I assume it is because there is, yet, more for me to edure...be it Good OR Bad, I'm supposed to be here for it or I would have died when I had my heart attack, when I was 36!
If you want to believe that everything stems from an undying supreme being...then it must be in your "nature" to do so.
It is NOT, however, in MY nature to believe what you do.
I don't think that either of us is wrong or bad...just different in our equal-ness.

That's all I have time for right now...
I'll be back later, my Friend! !

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-22-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
First off, I need to tell you that you didn't ping me here...I happened upon your post to me out of pure boredom, having opened your thread only to lurk and read the current discussion...that it was by "happenstance" that I even read it! Lol!

I'm not sure how you decipher my appreciation and thanks to all entities that exist as believing that there is a greater being than myself...
I believe that I am eternally equal to all that exists...that no person or thing is more powerful than another.
Greed and prejudice have ruined mankind.
I truly don't wish for things I don't need...and, even in what seems to be my misery, I appreciate the little things that helped me overlook my saddnes or disappointment.
As for my depression...ummm...well...
I know where my depression comes from...It comes from ME!
I have had many reasons to feel let-down, disappointed, unhappy and even guilty...
Those emotions make a person depressed!
It is in knowing why I am depressed that I choose not to treat it with mind altering prescription drugs...I been there, done that, and have the scars on my wrist to show for trying to treat a "disorder" that isn't really a disorder, but a natural thing our brains do when we don't give them something to not be depressed about to think about.
Maybe, by your thought, it was Satan who created every sad and disappointing event in my life for me to remember and be depressed about...
But I'm pretty sure I'm depressed due to lack of reason NOT to be!
Letssee.....
I lost my grandma, with whom I lived, just as I was becoming a teenager...which thrust me into the care of my alcoholic/abusive/neglectful mother until I made the ludicrous plan to get pregnant at 15 years of age to get away from her.
A failed marriage and a son dead from crib death...him being my second child...and a divorce on my resume before I turned 21...
The poor choices continue throughout my life...lots to feel sad about...
Add in my present situation and I have plenty to be depressed about.

I deal with my problems differently than most...
I USED to write about my daily adventures...That used to help me to see more of the good things as I wrote about the bad...
But, since I moved here, to Menewsha, I have lost my desire to share much...I keep most of it to myself because I don't want to always be the "Downer" at the party.
Now, I just endure...
There is a reason that the stress, alone, hasn't killed me...I assume it is because there is, yet, more for me to edure...be it Good OR Bad, I'm supposed to be here for it or I would have died when I had my heart attack, when I was 36!
If you want to believe that everything stems from an undying supreme being...then it must be in your "nature" to do so.
It is NOT, however, in MY nature to believe what you do.
I don't think that either of us is wrong or bad...just different in our equal-ness.

That's all I have time for right now...
I'll be back later, my Friend! !
I really wish you would read that quote. It answers a few of your questions.
When you give thanks to someone or something that you cannot see, touch, hear, or smells is a clear indication to me that you believe in a spiritual being whether it be singular or plural, hence God or gods.

And yes, greed and prejudice has ruined mankind. How? Sin nature.
You and I, and indeed, all mankind share this sin nature. Therefore, to believe that your nature is any different than mine is ludicrous. But you are right about mankind being equal, that's how God created us.

When you describe your life's poor choices to me, I see someone who is desperately running away from something. Don't you think it's time to stop running and start making better decisions? You've described making a lifetime of bad decisions, but that doesn't have to continue.

Your losses and suffering has been great, but that's how it went for Job, too. But everything he lost, God restored to Job and God can restore everything that you have lost, too.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-06-2017, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter
That's fucking wild, as I seem to recall an awful lot of juxtaposition with the Bible and its self-elected leaders. Hell, even its followers. You're supposed to be a virgin before you're married to a man, right? And submit to men--in multiple religions it reads like this. Why would I ever in my right mind believe in God?

Because, as far as I know, he's done shit all for women.
Or kids, or people who don't believe in him, or the planet, etc., etc., etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
If you should ever care to read The Book of Genesis, you will know precisely how much God has done for man and woman alike. God created the Garden of Eden and put Adam and Eve in it. They had it easy. They only had to NOT eat the forbidden fruit and they messed it up. Not just for them, but for their children and all following generations including you and I.

And it's laughable to think that God has done nothing for those who choose not to believe in Him. Let me give you a short list of folks whom I believe actually hold God in contempt and do quite well for themselves.

Obama: Multimillionaire; hates God; hates America; hates heterosexuality.

Hillary Clinton: Multimillionaire; hates God and America, too.

Bernie Sanders: Wealthy; hates God and sound economics.

Bill Maher: Well off: avowed atheist, tv show host, produces documentaries showcasing his dislike for religion in general, but Christianity in particular.

George Soros: Billionaire; Financing just about every group or politician seeking to damage the United States. Why? Because Georgie hates that America is, or was, a Christian nation.

Richard Dawkins: scientist and avowed atheist. Even wrote a book about hating God called The God Delusion.

Alec Baldwin: accomplished film and tv actor and avowed atheist.

And the list goes on. Let's not forget that God could choose to kill all those who disobey Him, but does not. This is what the bible reads:

Seems straightforward and fair to me.
Ignoring the pretty blatant falsehoods of your opinions about these individuals that have nothing to do with the original post, your Genesis quote actually proves my point more about how God makes a threat to murder anyone who opposes the system they've set up.

By seeking knowledge, by a woman seeking knowledge, God cast our Adam and Eve from Paradise and then further punished humans by making childbirth painful and giving women menstruation (Genesis 3:16). You've pleasantly ignored how Leviticus notes that women are 'unclean' during their periods and anything they sit on or anyone they touch is also unclean. You posted in another thread that a woman who was raped by her husband was guilty of not going to the authorities--according to your Bible, she should be put to death. After all, if a victim doesn't 'cry loudly enough' then they're supposed to be put to death.
How could anyone respect this? The Christian Bible, whatever version you follow, is chalked full of verses on how to mistreat women, applauding the murder of children, of the handicapped.

And God even had the gall to create Eve from Adam, not even her own original material.

Holy books are full of commands and supporting verses on slavery, treating women like property, and harming or threatening to harm those who don't believe in the same set of Gods as yourself. And this is all assuming that the books were written by God, and not men--and I do mean men in the male sense. Neither of which outcome is beneficial.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-07-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Ignoring the pretty blatant falsehoods of your opinions about these individuals that have nothing to do with the original post, your Genesis quote actually proves my point more about how God makes a threat to murder anyone who opposes the system they've set up.

By seeking knowledge, by a woman seeking knowledge, God cast our Adam and Eve from Paradise and then further punished humans by making childbirth painful and giving women menstruation (Genesis 3:16). You've pleasantly ignored how Leviticus notes that women are 'unclean' during their periods and anything they sit on or anyone they touch is also unclean. You posted in another thread that a woman who was raped by her husband was guilty of not going to the authorities--according to your Bible, she should be put to death. After all, if a victim doesn't 'cry loudly enough' then they're supposed to be put to death.
How could anyone respect this? The Christian Bible, whatever version you follow, is chalked full of verses on how to mistreat women, applauding the murder of children, of the handicapped.

And God even had the gall to create Eve from Adam, not even her own original material.

Holy books are full of commands and supporting verses on slavery, treating women like property, and harming or threatening to harm those who don't believe in the same set of Gods as yourself. And this is all assuming that the books were written by God, and not men--and I do mean men in the male sense. Neither of which outcome is beneficial.
You asked me what has God done for those who don't believe in Him and I earnestly replied giving you a list of well-known persons who don't believe in God, but have done rather well for themselves. And my opinions of these people is not ignorant at all. Take for instance Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins. These two are probably the most famous atheists alive today. Am I wrong about this surmising?

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote:
...your Genesis quote actually proves my point more about how God makes a threat to murder anyone who opposes the system they've set up.
Who is they?

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 03:56 AM ----------

Quote:
By seeking knowledge, by azwomanzseeking knowledge, God cast our Adam and Eve from Paradise and then further punished humans by making childbirth painful and giving women menstruation (Genesis 3:16). You've pleasantly ignored how Leviticus notes that women are 'unclean' during their periods and anything they sit on or anyone they touch is also unclean. You posted in another thread that a woman who was raped by her husband was guilty of not going to the authorities--according tozyourzBible, she should be put to death. After all, if a victim doesn't 'cry loudly enough' then they're supposed to be put to death. How could anyone respect this? The Christian Bible, whatever version you follow, is chalkedzfullzof verses on how to mistreat women, applauding the murder of children, of the handicapped.
Yes, God did cast Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden for partaking of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. What you leave out is that Adam and Eve were commanded NOT to eat this fruit. The Bible makes no mention of any entitlement that Adam and Eve were robbed of. God gave them a clear commandment to not do something and they willingly to chose to violate this. And since they chose to break God's commandment, God punished them. What other outcome could you possibly expect? What kind of God allows His commandments to be broken without consequence?

You'll also note that the serpent enticed Eve to eat the fruit by telling her that she would become like God by gaining the knowledge of good and evil. Again, this isn't knowledge Eve was entitled to. When God tells us not to do something he surely means it. And because God loves us more than our parents, brothers or sisters, wives or husbands loves us He gives us these commandments. This is so that we do not hurt ourselves. We only experience sorrow when we break God's laws. If Adam and Eve hadn't eaten that fruit, they would still be in the Garden of Eden today. God telling them that they would surely die if they ate the fruit meant that they would become mortals.

Before Adam and Eve ate this fruit, they were going to live forever as they were. Their not knowing of the Tree of Knowledge was their innocence. And as long as posts in other threads are being mentioned here, one could say that Eve made the wrong choice about life.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 04:00 AM ----------

And I didn't ignore anything from the book of Leviticus because I wasn't referencing any part of it in any of my previous posts. Your mentioning of the book of Leviticus Is of your own doing.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 04:14 AM ----------

I also know no verse in the New King James bible or the King James bible that requires that a woman be put to death if she is raped. Please tell where this verse is.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 04:36 AM ----------

While women were indeed mistreated in the days of the bible, you are applying today's societal standards to ancient times. However, the bible gives no instruction on how to abuse or mistreat women. What is being described is how women of those times were, in fact, treated. No abuser of women I've ever heard of uses the bible to justify mistreatment of the ladies.

In the book of Luke, Jesus heals a woman of her infirmity. Is that an example of mistreatment of women?

In the book of John 8:7 Jesus spares a woman who is accused of adultery by saying to her accusers, "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Yes, how dare He. How dare God use the pre-existing blueprint of man to create woman. Really?

Ever notice that man and animals share in likeness so many body parts?
Heads, arms, legs, internal organs, etc. So why should God throw out the DNA template He create Adam with and begin anew with Eve?

I'm beginning to believe you have issues with men.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 02-07-2017 at 10:58 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Acts 8:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
The bible is a miracle, jupiter. For in it any human situation can be found.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-25-2017, 04:42 AM

I think it is wonderful for communities of people to believe in a God or gods and bond with each other over a shared set of virtues. I also think it is great that there is a God or gods that serves as motivation and a beacon of hope for people even in their darkest times. As long as they believe, they can get through their difficult circumstances and achieve what they hope for. So I think in that way, God does indeed exist. He is an invaluable part of many people's lives

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2017, 02:10 PM

I just needed to pop in here and, after reading, reall feel like two things should be put out.
1. How dare you accuse two people of not "actually reading" the bible because they didn't arrive to the same conclusion as you.
2. How dare you have this holier-than-thou opinion that you think you can dictate who is and who is not a Christian.

I don't plan on debating you, since you can't see some of the blatant contradictions happening, but I figured why not toss in these two pence at least. Goodbye.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namune View Post
I just needed to pop in here and, after reading, reall feel like two things should be put out.
1. How dare you accuse two people of not "actually reading" the bible because they didn't arrive to the same conclusion as you.
2. How dare you have this holier-than-thou opinion that you think you can dictate who is and who is not a Christian.

I don't plan on debating you, since you can't see some of the blatant contradictions happening, but I figured why not toss in these two pence at least. Goodbye.
The bible is the word of God. It isn't something that we read and come to our own conclusions about. It is extremely important the bible be read in its full context. One cannot simply extract one statement and weild that as a command in and of itself. The greater context must be examined and studied. To do otherwise leads to misinterpretation which then leads to pain and sorrow.

I'm sorry you feel I have taken on a holier-than-thou attitude, but I have not. It is one of textings biggest drawbacks is that one cannot always accurately gauge the attitude and tense of words being communicated.
It is certainly in this regard that we do indeed come to our own conclusions.

As far as judging others goes, I can recall two things God tells us: one is that we shall know them by their fruits, and the other is to know who labors among you. We've all heard "Judge not, lest ye be judged" and so it seems there is a contradiction. But there isn't. That is if you know the context and full story around which the command is part of.

So if I am to spread the word of God, then I also have to defend it. This means confronting a misinterpretation when it is presented. It's just too easy to misinterpret scripture and pervert God's word either intentionally or accidentally via ignorance. In such instances, and certainly in my own thread, I will set the record straight as best I know how.

I believe a lot of non-Christians believe that Christians are to never judge or even angry. This simply isn't the case. Was Jesus not angry in the story where He fashioned a rope in a pre-meditated manner and rid the Temple of moneychangers and the like with a weapon in His hand? And Jesus is certainly being judgemental when He calls the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites in Matthew 23.

Anger is a tool. It is morally neutral. Anger can be used with evil intent or to purify. The same goes for judging people. No one in their right minds lets a stranger into their home without vetting first that stranger.

Today's internet is a great tool if you care to educate yourself about God's word. That is if you dare.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-09-2017, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
I think it is wonderful for communities of people to believe in a God or gods and bond with each other over a shared set of virtues. I also think it is great that there is a God or gods that serves as motivation and a beacon of hope for people even in their darkest times. As long as they believe, they can get through their difficult circumstances and achieve what they hope for. So I think in that way, God does indeed exist. He is an invaluable part of many people's lives
what do you think of my comment mr. wrong

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-12-2017, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony of the Night View Post
what do you think of my comment mr. wrong
Please understand that I intend no insult, but your comment has no meaning to me. It would be nice if everyone who believes differently could get along so well, but that simply isn't the case and human history proves it time and time again.

Quote:
2 Corinthians 3:17 (NKJV) Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Have you ever noticed that in nations where it is illegal to practice Christianity, there is a decided lack of freedom and tolerance for any religion other than what is state approved? For example, Buddhism is tolerated in China, but Christianity is forbidden. In the old Soviet Union and Cuba, no religion is tolerated. The same applies to nations ruled by a tinhorn dictator. And although the dying tv media downplays it as much as possible, those in predominantly Muslim countries, chiefly Christians and those of the Ba'hai faith are persecuted and killed for not practicing Islam or Sharia law.

The first two commandments of the Ten Commandments forbid man from worshipping any other gods. Period.
Quote:
Psalms 97:7-9 (NKJV) Let all be put to shame who serve carved images, Who boast of idols. Worship Him, all you gods. 8. Zion hears and is glad, And the daughters of Judah rejoice because of Your judgments O Lord. 9. For You are the most high above all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods.
Pagans have no love for Christians. Nor do Catholics. This is made evident is Revelation 17. Islam is at war with Jews, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Hindus. The Mormons were once at war with the United States government and Christians. So yeah, it's not all one big happy family. Not by a long shot.

If you want to find who Jesus is then I would urge you to read the book of John.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 04-12-2017 at 05:22 AM..

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 04-15-2017, 05:33 AM

Hi there!

Just wanted to point out that in the story told in your original post any religion from throughout history could be inserted and the idea would remain the same. *shrug*

Quote:
‘Let me explain the problem science has with religion.’ The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand, ‘You’re a Hellenist, aren’t you, son?'
‘Yes sir,’ the student says.
‘So you believe in Zeus’
‘Absolutely.’
‘Is Zeus good?’
‘Sure! Zeus is good.’
‘Is Zeus all-powerful? Can Zeus do anything?’
‘Yes’
etcetera...

Last edited by Sporcle; 04-15-2017 at 09:12 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-16-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
Hi there!

Just wanted to point out that in the story told in your original post any religion from throughout history could be inserted and the idea would remain the same. *shrug*
Where is the bible for Zeus?

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 04-16-2017, 03:42 AM

Would you not agree that the stories told by those who believed in Olympian gods and goddesses are the equivalent to the Christian's bible, even if they aren't all gathered in one book?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
Would you not agree that the stories told by those who believed in Olympian gods and goddesses are the equivalent to the Christian's bible, even if they aren't all gathered in one book?
Absolutely not since there is physical evidence of divine intervention on earth. What physical evidence is there of the gods of Rome and Greece?

Greek and Roman gods are taught as mythology whereas monotheistic religions teach as there being one single real god. I know of nobody who truly believes the gods of ancient mythology are real, while a majority of people on earth believe in a single deity.

Furthermore, the stories of these mythological gods are really but a telling of human nature complete with envy, deceit, greed, and even murder. The bible is about God giving mankind instruction and commands against these sorts of sins.

And even if you did find someone who believed in the Greek and Roman gods of mythology and even worshipped them, you would be hard-pressed to find someone willing to persecute or ridicule this person whereas those who ridicule and persecute Christians are legion.

---------- Post added 04-15-2017 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Proverbs 1:22 "How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?"
Another difference between the stories of mythology and the stories in the bible is that the bible, the word of God, contains scripture which relates directly to every human situation imaginable.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-17-2017, 02:28 PM

Mr. Wrong - The bible of Zeus is called Kama Sutra...

My biggest issue on determining if god is real or not is the paradox of the bible itself. One must rely exclusively on faith much like children do Santa. There is no physical proof of him, nobody actually sees him, parents give him credit for their own works, and you must believe without any doubt in your mind that he is real or he loses influence over your actions.

When you explain to a child there is a "magic man in the clouds"... the kid will laugh and doubt you. There is no proof, yet you expect them to believe this to be fact. He could be there, he could not be, but we have no proof otherwise.

Then there is the issue of the bible itself. The only "proof of god" people are ever able to offer are scriptures written by people who are long dead. There is no modern prophets of whom we can follow, just countless false prophets.

So in the end there is no evidence to prove god exists, but there is also no evidence to disprove him.
We can disprove Santa because we have mapped the north pole. God doesn't reside anywhere specific.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-18-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Mr. Wrong - The bible of Zeus is called Kama Sutra...

My biggest issue on determining if god is real or not is the paradox of the bible itself. One must rely exclusively on faith much like children do Santa. There is no physical proof of him, nobody actually sees him, parents give him credit for their own works, and you must believe without any doubt in your mind that he is real or he loses influence over your actions.

When you explain to a child there is a "magic man in the clouds"... the kid will laugh and doubt you. There is no proof, yet you expect them to believe this to be fact. He could be there, he could not be, but we have no proof otherwise.

Then there is the issue of the bible itself. The only "proof of god" people are ever able to offer are scriptures written by people who are long dead. There is no modern prophets of whom we can follow, just countless false prophets.

So in the end there is no evidence to prove god exists, but there is also no evidence to disprove him.
We can disprove Santa because we have mapped the north pole. God doesn't reside anywhere specific.
WE are physical proof God exists. Did we create ourselves?

Did man create this earth, the elements within it, or any living creature from nothing?

Did man put into place laws of physics and nature?

I could say that the wind does not exist since I cannot see the wind, but I would be a fool.