View Poll Results: Interest check! You down for this story?
TOTES! Cannot wait :D 4 100.00%
Eh... not really 0 0%
Maybe? We'll see if time allows! 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 10-27-2015, 12:11 PM

A small smile was on Rory's lips as she watched the conversation between the group. It reminded her very much of the interaction she had with her sister; Faline never cared about nudity and it was a pain to get her to actually take her ring with her when they went out among humans. Her hand trailed to the thin chain around her neck that held that very ring. Faline had dropped it some time during their last trip to the island and her sister had kept it with her ever since.

Looking at the blonde girl she sat next to, that was the opposite, yet similar to her own sister in many ways, she pulled the necklace over her head. She could feel Abi's gaze on her as she unclasped the chain, her meal on her lap. She coiled the chain in one hand before holding the other towards Reno, the ring pinched between her middle and index finger. "Here," she said softly. "Use this then."

She watched Reno's attention turn to her and the ring. Now, being Unai and very much an animal meant that many of them weren't accustom to human traditions so when Reno reacted to the ring, Rory didn't quite catch on. A soft smile on her lips, she added, "It's an enchanted item used by the Unai. It will assist you with your clothing when shifting." She then pointed to her middle finger that held the same dark steel looking ring, Abi then turned her head, pointing to one of her long ears where a cuff was pierced, but the ornate design was the same as the ring on the other's finger.

Abi continued to slowly eat as she sat next to the silver haired male. "Rory trusts your sister," she said quietly, in a volume that was almost easy to miss if you weren't paying attention. The forest Unai didn't even look at the male as she spoke, but watched her partner. "Items such as those are protected by our kind, especially those that belong to another." She nodded to the ring that Rory had given the other, her eyes falling to the untouched pieces of meat on her plate. "That one belonged to her sister," she then said before taking her plate and dumping the meat onto the male's before standing up.

The green haired woman made her way to the water bucket, rinsing off her plate quickly, her ears standing on edge. "Whatever you decide to do, I recommend doing it quickly. The sun is setting and the natural inhabitants of the island will soon start making their way here." She then turned her head, her gaze seeming dark and eerie all at the same time.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-06-2015, 03:37 PM

Practically falling off the bench, Reno snatched up the ring and quick as it was presented. Knowing what the ring meant to the Unai, Reno vowed she would take good care of it. Upon hearing what Abi had to say, it made her blush even deeper. "I will guard this with my life until we find your sister." Arms wrapping around Rory, she cuddled the woman until she remembered she still had food on her plate. Digging in, she tuned out all else for she was too busy gawking at her new ring.

Ryna, taking little interest in the conversations, just kept to herself. She listened to the world around them and, from time to time, found herself talking to her father. She knew he couldn't read her mind or hear her thoughts, but it always calmed her to speak to him. Even as just a vision, he was still wise and capable of defending his daughter. Althouhg she refused to believe it, she had learned a lot from him.

Unlike the other two, Zero had the most interest in the conversation Abi started. "Her sister?" He set his plate on his lap to avoid being distracted from the discussion that would soon play out. "Where is she now?"

Thankfully for the additional pieces of meat given, he slowly munched on them before looking over at Ryna. "I'll clean up with Abilene. Why don't you three gather more supplies when you're done."

Food finished, he collected the empty plates and joined Abi by the bucket of water. He would, one way or another, get more information out of this Unai. He simply found it odd that two Unai, both of differing species, would be traveling together and to this island. What weren't they telling them?

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-06-2015, 04:12 PM

Rory smiled, returning the embrace of the excited woman before she too returned to her plate. With a chuckle she said, "I don't even know if Faline misses it that much. She was never one to care for modesty." Her eyes then fell to the fire as she felt a knot start to grow; she had to stop talking about her sister, she had to believe they could find her but expect the worst. It hurt to think that she would be the only one to leave again.

Abilene's eyes rolled back to the male, a small smirk on her face. Such a thing interested the male? Though they had family ties with the Unai, she found it difficult that of all of them, he would be asking questions. The woman slowly nodded though. "I know not too many details, but yes, Rory has a sister, an identical twin to be exact." Her voice was hushed as she spoke, her gaze falling to the brown haired woman.

"All we know is she's on the island, if she still lives. Though, that is all we know about her location. Twins are known for a strong connection, even when apart, but something in preventing Rory from feeling her sister."

As Zero mentioned the two of them would clean up, Abi simply nodded before speaking to Rory. "Keep close with them, I shall be fine here." She then took half of the stack from the male and began washing them in the bucket.

Rory looked over at Reno and Ryna asking, "What should we gather?" She wasn't sure what the others would need for her and Abi were rather set, not needing much for survival.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-06-2015, 04:40 PM

A gentle hand stroked the backside of the sleeping Unai's head. "It's nearly night," she whispered. "We must go now before it's too late."

It had been a long week for the poor sleeping woman. Hell, it had been a long month. No, two months. Maybe even year? Either way, her body lacked the sleep it needed. Finally feeling safe enough to sleep, she drifted off into a deep sleep. She had been sleeping for a solid two days but that couldn't continue on. The monsters of the island were hunting them, eager to devour the precious Unai child. It was time to move before it became too late.

A cold nose pressed against her chin. The soft tickling of eyelashes kissed her cheek.

"Please wake up, Faline."

Ears pulled back, a low growl came to her throat. Her blue eyes could sense them. They were at the foot of the mountain they took shelter in. This region of the island was no longer safe. Sure, she could send them scattering, but it would alert the plane that landed on the island. And that, well that wouldn't do. Faline was here for a reason. She had a mission to finish. And the woman with blue eyes wouldn't let her leave until it was done.

Nose to the wind, she breathed in the familiar. Three scents all caused her heart to swell and her eyes to find passion. "Don't get yourselves in too much trouble," she cooed out the cave. Of course, her whisper died with the wind. They would never know it, but she still wished them well. If anyone could help aid Faline from afar, it was those three. Well, and the two other Unai that kept them company.

Flickering her tail over Faline's nose, she finally caused the woman to stir. "Heavens, gather your supplies. We must make a break for it now. I can hold them off but we shouldn't alert the entire island of our whereabouts. We need to be as stealthy as we can."

Her bare toes dipped outside the cave. Hands on the walls of the mountain, she snaked her way down the stony path. "Come, come," she coaxed.

Having had no time to exchange more than just a first name, Aleu, the woman slid her way down to the next level of the moutain. She was Lypheion in nature, that much was easy to tell. However, the young Unai didn't know to what degree. For you see, the woman she kept as company was not just any Lypheion, but a royal Lypheion. A pureblood, hence the permanent ears atop her head and the swishing tail on her behind.

Her nose, as sharp as a Unai's, found the scent of the ones Faline feared. With another growl, her fangs became visible. In a swift shift, what was once half-human, half-beast, was now a large, silver and black wolf. Fangs bared, she growled at the darkness that crept up the mountain.

"You go," she barked, "I'll hold them off."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-06-2015, 05:12 PM

Darkness engulfed the woman for she had no dreams by the time she had finally fallen asleep. How long had she been on that island? She didn't know anymore. She didn't even know how long she had been alone until the large wolf, Aleu had found her. She felt heavy though; for as long as she was running, she needed to protect herself from whatever creatures had been following her and she couldn't do that alone. She had summoned so many things to aid her combat that by the time the wolf had found her, she was practically on death's door from the blood loss.

Faline could hear a voice, but it felt so far away. It was reaching out for her, calling her but her body didn't want to wake from its slumber. As her body slowly started trying to fall back to its slumber, fur fell before her nose and inhaling the soft fibers caused a panic to stir in the woman. Sitting up quickly, the Unai quickly regretted it as she felt dizzy, her vision far from in focus, but the smell told her that it had been Aleu trying to wake her.

It was the tone of the woman's voice that forced her world back into place, forcing the sleepy fog away. Gathering up her already packed bag, she slung it over her shoulder before following the woman out of the cave. She knew very little of the woman, but they helped each other and at that point, that was all she needed.

As soon as they were outside, Faline's nose quickly picked up on the smell that they had been running from for so long. Her ears fell slightly as Aleu began to growl, her form quickly taking shape of a massive wolf with black and silver fur. As she barked at her to go, Faline could only nod; this routine was nothing new as Aleu would often pose as the distraction for her size was much larger than that of the Unai.

Faline took off running for the woods, her form quickly seeming to disappear in the shadows, though that was far from the truth. As soon as her body hit the darkness, her human form soon shifted much as the other woman's. Pale skin was replaced with glistening black fur as she seemed to take the form of what looked like a malnourished jackal. The bag that was on her shoulder now wrapped around her back as she silently bounded deeper into the forest.

There was no need to ask where they would meet up for between their senses, it never took them long to find one another.

The black fur creature dove under debris and bounded over fallen trees. Much of the smell was fading, but not all; it seemed like some of the creatures were growing smart to their usual escape plans.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM

"How interesting," Zero said while keeping one ear on the girls. He could tell, based on Abi's hushed voice, that the subject was sensitive so he waited to question further until the trio was gone.

"Well, if we can get some berries, that would be a nice start. Eggs, too. Why don't you two check the bushes for berries and eggs. I'll see what I can find as far as herbs and roots go."

"Awww," Reno booed, "no meat?"

"Reno," Ryan placed a hand on her hips, "creatures would smell the meat. The whole goal isn't for them to come barging in when we sleep."

"Awww, that's no fun." Her tongue poked out from behind her pale lips. "Well, if we're on bush duty, let us go!" Whirling around, she pointed toward some trees. "Let's head that away!"

With a sigh, Ryna followed. She wanted to look in another direction for Zero came from this way earlier. Still, there was no swaying Reno. When she made up her mind, she had made up her mind. And so, into the forest they went.

"Don't go too far," she chided. "We need to stay a run's length away from the camp. Getting lost in the dusk isn't what I would call fun."

"Really? It sounds like a blast to me!" Giggling, she poked her head into the first bush she came across. "Huston," she called toward Rory, "we have found a very angry bird. Abort, abort!"

Meanwhile, back at the camp, Zero had finished drying the last of the dishes. Setting them in the empty end cabin, he went back to the deck to join Abi.

"So," his face seemed softer, concerned. "You're saying Rory has been here before? And she left... without her sister?" Rubbing the back of his neck, he laughed sheepishly. "Hell, I'd be dead if I ever left my sisters behind. I... I can't imagine what it must be like?" Looking off toward the woods, his brows curved down in sorrow. "Poor pup," he rest his chin on the railing. "Well, I'll keep an eye open and an ear up. If she wants to be found, we'll find her. I'll let Reno and Ryna know too."

His hand fell down to his hips and groped at nothing. Eyes opening wide, he glanced down to spy his katana wasn't neatly secured to his hip. With a growl, he muttered something that started with an 'A.'

Bounding up and over the railing, he ran over to where he once sat and scooped up the missing item. Again, he growled. Was he... threatening his sword?

Back at her side, he laughed. "Sorry about that." He patted the weapon lightly. "It was a gift and, heh... well, I'd like to not lose it."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 PM

As they made their way to the forest, Rory nodded in agreement with what Ryna had said. Keeping up with the short haired girl, she quietly said, "I have to agree with your sister; we don't want any uninvited guests while we're here." There was definitely a difference in the ways the sisters wanted to handle things; it was as though Reno didn't get too many chances to just go out and have fun. Then again, the Unai wasn't really one to talk either.

A small smiled played on her lips as the woman seemed to have found some eggs. She glanced back at the long dark haired woman for a moment before saying, "Don't make them too mad. They're loud and can be quite mean."

It didn't take the forest Unai much time to wash the dishes so she soon took a spot on the deck's cabin, just looking out and listening. Not long after, the male joined her once again, being far more talkative than she would have imagined.

Wither her main focus still on the woods, she cast her eyes towards the male. "From what I have been told, they were sent here on some sort of mission," she said, her eyes falling back to the darkening forests as she spoke. "The sisters didn't have a choice in their separation." Her tone seemed to sour at the chuckle the male had about leaving his sister's behind and that tone shone through as she said, "Quite frankly, I will be surprised if we all leave here alive."

As the male bounded after his weapon, returning moments later, Abilene peered a glace at it. "Gift or not, you'd be best to not be unarmed while we're here."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-06-2015, 10:07 PM

As his eyes slid to meet hers, that same sour tone came through in his voice. "Oh trust me, I'm never unarmed. I might not appear competent in battle but that's merely because," his attention immediately fell to the object, "some things are not as they appear."

With that, he swung back over the railing and approached their fire. As he stood by with his legs apart and arms crossed over his chest, he let his ears listen to the world around him. He could hear the girls talking about a bird. Ryna sighing, as usual. And Reno... well she was already onto the next thing. Did the woman ever know when to slow down?

Breathing in the world around him, a whisper came to the back of his head.

When do I finally get to reveal myself?

Preferably never.

Well that's just rude. How are you supposed to help me on my quest and I on yours if I'm always a stupid sword.

Because we don't need the Unai to know that I'm working with a spirit from hell just yet. For all we know, they could be against such contracts and this would complicate things. A lot.

Why yes, we wouldn't want little Reno crying about the loss of her girlfriend.

Zero rolled his eyes.

Speaking of, do you think she would like me.

What?

I'm serious, you've seen me as a man. Think I would have a better chance? I mean, Reno is a catch and all, but I'm the real deal.

Were you not listening? I don't know how they'll take to you.

Relax. Chillax. Ease up. Lighten up.

Shoving his katana into its sheath completely, he whirled around to get back in touch with the world around him.

"It's quiet," he finally spoke aloud. "I don't trust it." A growl seized his lips.

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 05:11 PM ----------

"Eh?" Reno pulled her head from the bush. "Mean? That thing. Uh, hello! My head is way bigger than that little thing. I think I'll be fine." Flicking her blonde hair aside, she ran over to another bush. "Ryna," she whispered, "I found your berries."

The woman with black hair sauntered over and began to pick at the berries that dotted the bush. They were lovely in color and safe to eat. Well, they were safe for her to eat. She wasn't sure about the Unai.

Reno, as expected, had her head in another bush. "Oh oh oh, I found eggs." Pulling her head out, she pointed to the bush and jumped happily. "Since you're careful-er, you should carry them." She flashed Rory a smile, hoping that she would comply. In all honesty, it was probably wise for Reno to be the only one not holding something.

"So," Ryna's voice interrupted Reno's gloating, "it sounds like you've been here before. Anything we should know about this island before it comes to stab us in the back?" Ryna's tone was cold and bleak, as always.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-09-2015, 06:02 PM

A smirk came to Abi's lips at the sour tone the male took. It wasn't as though she had been trying to urge it out of him, but it was the tone she expected from his behavior. "As long as you are able to accept that from others then perhaps you are a bit more well off than you do appear," her eyes then slid towards the darkening forest as the male swung over the landing.

She did not mind the male's sudden silence for it allowed her to focus on the world around them. The forest was both silent and panicked; things were moving and fast. The trees and plants didn't give too many details for they worried too much to actually hold a conversation with the woman. Things were awake though, that much she was sure of, but how far out was more difficult to tell.

Abi didn't even look at the male when she spoke, rather she said, "Yes, more quiet than it should be." Her eyes were locked on the glowing darkness. Her poise was still straight and elegant, almost like a statue. Her aggression was nowhere near Zero's level, which probably made it a good thing that he had chose to stay with her. That didn't mean she was helpless though, for this was her territory and she had the upper hand from that.

Rory silently followed Reno as she plucked eggs and items from bushes, taking them from the woman so she had an easier time getting to the next thing. For as energetic as she was and even with her dislike of not hunting, she seemed very focused on their task at hand.

When it came to her calling out berries, that was where she drew the line and looked for find some greenery for them to take. They were blue berries and though most races adored them, they were toxic for the hound-like creatures. She could touch them, but would rather not for their residue could get them sick. When Reno went back to finding eggs, she happily began assisting with those again.

Ryna, the other sister spoke up while the other Unai's back was to her, carefully taking the eggs from Reno. She nodded slowly. "I've been here once," was her only reply at first as she slowly stood, balance the objects in her arms. She knew the black haired woman wouldn't settle on just that for an answer so she slowly turned to face her. Her yellow eyes locked with the other woman's blue ones as she said, "Every creature on this island will try to kill you."

Her tone was cold, void of emotion as her eyes seemed to hold horrors of memories from before. "They will continue to hunt you even when you think you have lost them. They will attack even though you do nothing to provoke it; you're here though, that's all they need." Her eyes then fell back to the items in her arms. "Even the strongest may fall. You don't want to underestimate the island."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-10-2015, 01:22 PM

"Heh," a sly smirk came over Ryna's features. "This seems like the kind of place my father would visit--and on purpose." Her blue orbs danced across the shadows and looming trees. Yes, she could certainly see her father frequenting such a place. He did love the challenge and he certain craved danger. Still, her eyes pulled from the darkness, he never spoke of such an island. Was it truly as terrible as the Unai made it out to be? Surely her father would have shared his tales, should he have come here. And yet, she had no recollection of the land. Maybe it was all over-dramatized? Done with a purpose--to hide something.

As her arms became full, her attention moved to the other two women. "I think we have enough for a light breakfast. No need to linger in these shadows and longer."

Leading the way back to camp, Ryna tuned out Reno's munching (she decided she had to eat some of the berries). The darkness swelled around her, soothing her. Yes, yes--she breathed in the fear. Not only were they, the new arrivals to the island, afraid with fear, but also the island seemed to shudder at their arrival. Just what had they gotten themselves into? With a smirk, Ryna intended to find this out.

Reno didn't say much after Ryna spoke, mainly due to the fact that she shoved her mouth full of berries. There were the ones that Ryna said not to pick because they didn't have room and, naturally, Reno picked them. Refusing to let them go to waste, she loaded up her cheeks, making it nearly impossible to breath. And talk? Ha, that wasn't happening. For once, the blonde was eerily silent!

In mere minutes, the trio was back. Ryna was the first to notice that her brother seemed... off-putting? Cocking a brow, she glanced at him to see if his face would reveal the inward secrets. Sadly, she had no such luck in prying out what ailed him.

Slipping past, she made way to one of the empty cabins. "Let's put the food in here. And make sure we lock this up at night. I would hate for our efforts to wander off with a creature of the night."

Her lithe form crossed over itself. Poised, taunting eyes glared at the world around her. She seemed like a princess, one spoiled to the very core. Such was indeed true, but it was also false. A princess she was but spoiled she was not. Yes, her father showered her in gifts but they didn't spoil her. Ryna was, simply put, just a bitter person with a cold demeanor, likely trying too hard to mimic the tales and lore of her father, an equally cold man.

A yawn pulled Ryna's attention to Reno. "Perhaps you're right," her hands fell past her hips. "We should tuck in for the night."

"Boo," Reno pouted but knew she would lose this argument if she tried to fight it.

At that point, Zero finally shifted. A look of disbelief on his face, he shook off the odd feeling. He shoved a stick into the fire before carrying the lit object up toward the cabins. Gingerly, he moved into an empty cabin and dipped the torch into the antique lanterns that dotted each corner of the building. "Looks like we could all sleep in the same cabin."

It was a suggestion that Reno took with glee. Instantly, she zoomed forward and looped her arms around Abi and Rory. "It's like a sleepover only we're all grown up!"

The beds were bunk-bed style. Two were against the sides and then, in between the two against the far wall was a single bed that stood alone.

"Zero," Ryna tilted her head toward the lone full-sized bed, "why don't you take that one. Abilene and Rory, why don't you two take the one on the left. Reno and I can have the one on the right."

Not protesting, Reno climbed up on the top bunk. "Pssssst, Rory," she whispered across the way, "you should sleep up top too so we can wave to each other." Curling herself into the sheets, the wolf-girl was the first to pass out. Too much fun and too many new faces petered her out.

"Sweet dreams, ladies," Zero said before rolling into the bed by himself. Slipping the katana off, he placed it neatly on the bed. If something did dare enter their cabin, the gleam of the katana would likely cause the intruder to think twice.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-10-2015, 02:39 PM

Rory had nothing to add to Ryna's comments; she didn't know their father so she couldn't say anything on his intent of ever going there but she did know that even the Unai had gone their on purpose. A great magical power, that was what they had been looking for. The idea of increasing the abilities of the blood mage twins definitely drew the attention of their pack leaders when they had heard the rumor. A part of Rory wondered if it wasn't more of a ploy to get rid of her sister; it wouldn't have been the first time.

Looking at each one gathered, Ryna did have a point in the fact that they had enough for the next day. It was also better for them to head back before it started getting too dark. The later it got, it seemed the thicker the air got, but that also could have been the Unai's worry about the whole thing. Peaking over at the usually loud blonde, Rory saw she had her cheeks literally packed with food; a small smile formed over her lips. It was nice to see that some weren't bothered by where they were, but at the same time it also made the woman worry for them even more.

As they got back to the camp, the dark haired woman peered over at her companion, though she appeared either in a trance of like she fell asleep with her eyes open. At least, that was until those orbs snapped back over to her. Moving with the other girls to put the food away, she thought about her traveling companion; A bit was kind, different, but kind. She tended to not say too much, her words usually held a purpose to being said. It was difficult to tell what she was thinking though.

Her attention then shifted to the male that offered sleeping in the same cabin; he seemed to be more spooked than the others? Abi's appearance gave nothing away as to having said anything, but Rory did appreciate the caution. She nodded at the idea of them all being in the same cabin. Smiling, she could appreciate Reno's energy and excitement for the whole thing.

Abi had slowly moved to rejoin the group as the others were putting food away. Sleeping all together would be wise; better to keep numbers high than spread out should something happen. The blonde woman though, Reno, she seemed to be the least worried out of all of them. The green haired woman wasn't exactly sure her thoughts on that child; she was fire which already made her dangerous, her careless and worry free attitude added to that. She looked over at the other two women as Reno linked arms with her and Rory; the look on the other Unai's face was more relaxed around her so perhaps her affection and energy wasn't a bad that. Granted, that was as long as it didn't get someone killed.

Once entering that cabin, Ryna gave out sleeping arrangements; Abi was fine with this, it was easier for her to follow the lead at this point. When Reno chimed up saying that Rory should take the top bunk for them, the green woman also had no issue with this and before Rory could react, she was already tiding up the lower bunk. "We should focus on rest rather than play," she did say calmly as she looked over at her partner. Of course, it was as though the statement wasn't needed for the one she was concerned about was already asleep.

Rory climbed up to the top bunk, though the whole 'waving to each other' thing was definitely going to have to be put on hold. Sliding under the sheets, she looked over at Abi whom appeared to be waiting for her to do so.

"We may search in the morning depending on how the night fares," she told Rory as she lifted a hand over the woman's eyes. A green glow seemed to extend from her palm and the darker haired woman was soon asleep as well. Stepping off the lower bunk and back to the ground, her eyes were on her own bed as she said, "The forest is already alive. I shall hope that we are fortunate to not encounter anything our first night."

She then climbed into her own bed, willing herself into a sleep that only the forest or day time could waken her from.

---------- Post added 11-10-2015 at 11:29 AM ----------

It seemed like Faline had spent no time at all running, though the moon being high in the sky told a different story. She couldn't hear nor smell Aleu at that point, rather the thundering sound of the beast still chasing her was all that hit her ears. She had to get to the coast, these creatures didn't like being out in the open for some reason; not some reason, there were larger creatures that lurked just off shore where the water suddenly deepened.

The beast behind her stood about a story tall, had the posture of a gorilla though its arms were much larger and had spines jutting out the joints; the legs were much smaller and seemingly undefended. The creatures head was a quarter of its size with its canines easily as long as the Unai.

The forest did slow the creature some, but it was still able to maneauvre through the trees like it were much smaller than it really was. It grunted from behind her and the next thing the black creature felt was the wind flying by her as her path changed and the hard connect of her body slamming into a nearby tree. A yelp of sorts escaped her without so much of a thought at the sudden impact.

Fighting to her feet, she wobbled as the creature with red gleaming eyes slowly approached her. Baring her teeth, she growled at the beast as glowing red runes started appearing over her body. Her time with Aleu had helped greatly for the Unai wasn't so dependent ont he tome and dagger in her bag to do blood magic; it was still a bit more needed in her human form but the woman had helped Faline learn how to use the runes that already scarred her body to recreate old castings.

The fact the runes were glowing meant she was bleeding; that much didn't change, she still needed blood to cast her spells. She knew she was though, she could feel her shoulder blade sting and couldn't put weight on it.

Her tail slashed around wildly as she shrilled at the beast, the forest around her errupting in red light as a snake nearly the size of the other creature appeared. The snake was as black as the Unai with yellow eyes and red designs down its scaly body. A large frill expanded from its neck as it hissed at the beast, lunging at it.

As the snake continued its flurry of strikes, Faline took the time to escape. The creature, though it would begin to drain her until the other beast sent it back to the void it had come from.

Faline continued running through the forest, towards the coast as she had originally planned. Her pace was much slower as she limped on her front right leg; Aleu would probably scold her for her carelessness later.

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-10-2015, 04:41 PM

To expect the night to come peacefully was to be stupid and naive. With the shadows scratching at their door, Zero's eyes soon opened to spy the lithe form outside their cabin's door. Making not a sound, he didn't move from the bed. He half-hoping that whatever lurked outside their door would leave the second his eyes opened. However, such was not the case. If anything, it seemed more interested, itching to come instead.

The katana at his side sensed the threat. It's hilt began to glow, drawing Zero's attention. The next few seconds would be telling.

Creeeeeaaak. The door moaned as the shadow outside pushed it open. With the door opening more, the a darkness began to crawl along the floor. Tentacles, no whisks of darkness, rolled into the room. Soon plume-like clouds rose, secreting an ominous lime glow.

"Poison," a foreign male's voice called.

Instinctively, Zero unsheathed the sword and rushed the intruder. Cutting through the toxic cloud, a red aura took over. It quelled the acid that twirled within the darkness before the blackness fell to the ground as nothing but ash.

With each swing of the weapon, the redness within the room continued to glow. It wasn't until a pentagram burned within the wood that Zero's action became explained.

Then, in a burst of deep red flames, a body rose from the star etched in the ground. The weapon that once was in Zero's hand seemed to vanish. No, it didn't vanish. It was... within the flames?

Slowly, ever so slowly, a shape other than a sword began to form. Soon limbs grew. Then a mess of vivid red hair. And then, then came the smile.

"Seal off the room," Zero instructed.

"As you wish, my master." Nodding his head in a bow, the being summoned from the pentagram lifted his arms into the air. A red paint splashed against the wall. As the red sweep down, the darkness outside seemed to crawl away.

At this point, Reno was awake and gleefully gnawing on her arm. "Oooh," she awed with admiration. It wasn't the first time she had feasted her eyes upon Zero's familiar (of sorts), but it was the first time in a long time she had seen him. Hell, what had it been? At least five years.

When the red hit red, a droning sound rolled over the room. Then, like the ripping of paper came the cracking of the red. As the color fell, ancient text rose up and swirled around the room. Soon, all the windows and doors were plastered with black paint with words of warning. "Enter, and you shall die."

"It is done," the man with red hair spoke. "Still, with your permission, I would like to keep watch outside." Hand phasing through the wall, his equally red eyes flickered back to the one he called master--Zero.

"Do not pursue," he instructed calmly.

"Why would I? I am far too lazy for such things." A small smirk played on his face. "But you know this, my lord."

Body slipping past the cabin's walls, the room fell dark again. Only, unlike the previous darkness, this was softer, more inviting. Whoever the red haired man was, he purged the room of the evil that once lingered in the corners.

Not saying a word, Zero retreated to his bed and nonchalantly flopped in it. Exhaustion in his eyes, he let out a sigh before falling into a deep sleep.

Reno, now pouting, rolled over the edge of the bed. The glow from the lanterns just enough to make her facial expression visible.

"Ryna," she chirped softly, "did you see him!"

"Yes, Reno. I did. Now go to bed. We have a long day ahead of it if we need to rely on him to protect us."

When morning rolled around, Ryna was surprised to find the room undisturbed. There were no signs of a summoning nor were there signs of an intruder. Her eyes slipped past the Unai and made their way to Zero, still asleep, likely from spending half the night awake.

Wasting no time, Ryna walked around to blow out the lanterns. From there, she pulled open the door and slipped out into the morning sunshine.

It was a gorgeous start to a long day. The sky above was cyan with large white clouds. A fresh dew still clung to the grass and the canopy of green surrounded her. All around her chirped the the sweet melodies of the birds. Why, somewhere off in the distance she heard the familiar cry of a hound. A light rustling to the right caught her attention, but the beautiful fawn caused her little to no alarm.

Inhaling, a gentle smile crossed her usually stern face. It was refreshing to be away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It was also nice to soak in the sun and sounds of nature. This trip, though likely a trap, was just what she needed.

Rolling back her shoulders, she eased into the day. The light popping of disks and blades slipping back into place caused her to just her neck too. Funny how cheap beds could ruin a perfect back, she thought.

After another shoulder roll, Ryna moved to the cabin nearby. It was undisturbed, exactly how they left it the night before. Making quick work of of the fire pit, she soon had a tame fire fueled of dried logs she found in that same cabin. While schlepping the logs around, she happened to discover some pots and pans, ideal for cooking over the fire with.

With the tap-tap, crack-crack of the eggs on the pan, she began to cook their morning meals. Some of the other campers wandered off, which caused Ryna to cringe. Although they were not her responsibility, she knew she should at least warn them.

"Don't stray too far. These woods lust for victims." Her voice was stone-cold and very snake-like. None trusted her and would rather stomach the forest and whatever it held over her venomous stare.

"Fine," she said curtly, "it's your funeral."

At around that time, Reno started to stir. Only, not quite as one would expect. A loud thud echoed in the cabin, which shook Zero from his deep sleep.

"Reno," he growled while attempting to peel open his eyes, "why did you fall from the bunk?"

"I don't know," she squealed in her usual, high-pitched and kiddish voice. "But it was fun! Imma go do it again!" Sure enough, she was up the ladder and rolling off the edge.

THUD!

"Wee hee hee heee!" She giggled loud enough that even Ryna, who was outside by a fire, could hear. Not wasting another second, the blonde jolted from the room and went flying down the stairs. Seconds later, she was smooshing her face into Ryna's. Cooing and purring, she continued to nuzzle her twin.

"Reee-no," Ryna's gaze shifted to the woman who was literally attached to her.

"Yeeeessss, Ry?" She blinked while grinning.

"Would you mind getting your ass out of the fire?"

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 11-10-2015 at 07:37 PM..

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-10-2015, 08:08 PM

As the sun poked its rays into the cabin, Abi's eyes slowly opened. The others were just starting to stir, but the Unai was in no hurry to actually get up; the trees were talking of the night before. Something had kept many of the creatures at bay, very few wandered as far as their campsite.

As Reno rolled out of the bunk, Rory woke with a slight start and a visible jump. It was Zero's reply to the action that caused the woman to calm. Closing her eyes, she took a few deep breaths as the woman climbed up and threw herself from the bed again.

Once the blonde woman was out of the cabin, Abi slid her legs over the edge of the bed. Looking over at the still sleepy male she took note of something, or rather, a missing something. "For an item so precious to you, you seem to let it go missing rather easily," she state matter-of-factly as she pulled herself to her feet. Peeking up, she was met with the yellow gaze of the other Unai.

"We were fortunate last night," she said, her eyes locked with the woman for a moment before looking towards the male. "Something, or rather, somethings kept whatever lies within these forests at bay, for the most part." Her eyes fell back to the male, whether he was paying attention to her words or not. "The peace the morning brings is a stark contrast to what really happened last night."

Rory sat up quickly, her mouth opening as though she were about to speak but was cut off when Abi shook her head. "The trees cannot offer me information on what was keeping us safe last night, they can only tell me that there was conflict. And quite the fight went down not too far from here. Since its light out, it may be wise to see what the scene looks like to see what we're up against."

Turning back to the mountain Unai, there was a soft smile on the other's face. "I will do all in my power to help you find your sister," she said as she rested the palm of her hand on the woman's cheek. "We will find out what happened to her, I promise." Rory smiled, the woman's words, though they seemed cold, were very relaxing for her; Abi seemed to hold more of a motherly quality as far as their species went. "For now, we should eat. Go see if Ryna or Reno require assistance."

Rory didn't argue, she lightly hopped off her bed and made her way outside. Once greeted with the morning light, the air was indeed heavy; there was some kind of bloodshed, that much was easy to tell. The scent of blood cause the woman's eyes to glow slightly and her arms to ache. Looking down, her veins were swelling since it had been a while since the woman had required the use of her power. Her fingers traced over the swollen veins before she moved to the cabin they stored their food supply in. Finding her bag in there, she opened it to pull out a dark, ornate dagger.

Taking the backdoor out of the cabin, Rory was met with the woods beyond. Sitting at the wall's base, she pressed the blade against her left forearm, drawing it longways beside one of her veins. It was enough to draw the surplus of blood from her skin, but didn't break the vessel. Rory sighed as she rested her head against the cabin; cutting herself like that didn't hurt, even if the wound looked serious, the sigh was one of relief for the pressure the surplus caused was unpleasant.

The blood flowed to the dirt for quite a few minutes, leaving the woman to watch the crimson liquid fall in a steady stream. One of the ways she explained a part of the sensation of what it felt like was stubbing your toe, except throughout your whole body, mix that with the light headedness that most races get when they lose too much blood and that was fairly similar to what it felt like when Rory's surplus was too high.

As the throbbing began to pass, just like every time, the wound on Rory's arm healed on its own. Unlike her sister, the younger Unai had no scars. Even when she would help her sister with summons, her sister was the one needing the circles and those she could not heal. Some thought Faline's scars made her a monster, that they were ugly, but to Rory, they were proof of all the times her sister stepped to the front line for someone else. As selfish as her older sister seemed, it was far from the truth, she would rather take the pain for another than let them suffer it themselves.

Pulling herself to her feet, Rory rounded the building she was sitting behind and made her way to the fire. As she got closer to the sisters, she noticed that one wasn't quite where you would expect. Laughing, Rory called out, "Reno, I don't think you're helping with breakfast all that much."

Abi looked back at the male and while she knew he needed to rest from watching the night before, she still felt she needed to add something. "We may have more on our hands than we expect," she said in a hushed one. Trees had fallen, other wildlife was trampled with out a second thought. "The dangers are both big and small. They are diverse and strong."

---------- Post added 11-10-2015 at 03:21 PM ----------

At some point Faline had reached her destination and whatever had been following her had not made it as far as the coast. The waters had been calm, though something as small as an Unai was very unlikely to draw the creatures from their depths to the surface. The creature that had been chasing her? It would have gotten the attention of every creature down there.

Slowly blinking her eyes open, the black creature had found a large, flat rock that jutted over the water. It was cool as the day's sunlight had yet to fully warm it, but it had provided enough of a spot to sleep as any at that point. Stretching, she winced, pulling her right leg back in. Turning her head, Faline saw that her shoulder glistened a deep red color. The blood flow had stopped at some point but left her leg coated in the dried substance; a dried stain on the rock beside her.

Sitting up, Faline didn't see Aleu; she found it very difficult to believe that she didn't last the night. Besides, it wouldn't have been the first time they didn't join up right away. With everything that had happened, it wouldn't surprise her if they didn't meet till later or even a couple days down the road. If she were alone though, she would stick to the safety of the water below her.

Taking a deep breath, a smell came to her nose, the familiar smell of breakfast. It was a little ways off, not too far, but enough that she would be walking, limping for a bit. Getting to her feet, Faline carefully hopped off the rock, careful to not land on her wounded leg. Making her way back to the forest, she was careful to not put much weight on that paw.

The creatures of the night were sleeping and they also weren't known for cooking breakfast. Cooking breakfast either meant Aleu wasn't too far away or someone else had made it on the island and at that point that seemed like the most unlikely case.

As Faline ducked back into the woods, she noticed dark curls around the trunks of the tree. The creature that had been after her wasn't the only one that had been out that far that night. The plants didn't seem distrubed, save for those blackish-purple marks. She knew if she kept on her current path, she would run into the spot where the beast had caught up to her. She knew not if it was dead and even if her summon had killed it, something else would have taken its body for a meal.

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-10-2015, 09:10 PM

At Abi's comment, Zero merely smirked. "Some things have a mind of their own. Or," his eyes reflected a rather taunting look, "perhaps you're blind. As someone who knows of magic and powers beyond those of humanity's limits, you sure do seem to have a lot of questions."

As Rory left the room, he shifted in the bed. Arching his back, he rolled out a yawn before raising. "But I do agree." There was a hallow gaze in his stare. "These woods are not to be trifled with. One victory does not mean we've won the war. Erring on the side of caution will be to our advantage. If only I could get Ryna to banish her pride and Reno to grow up." With a heavy sigh, he moved to stand beside the woman. "Sadly, I think fighting the forest will come easier than changing those two."

Nudging her lightly with his elbow, he left.

Much like Rory, he sought to be alone. Shifting into his wolf-form, the male trotted down the path to the lake. Spying Rory on the backside of the cabins, he paused in confusion. However, she seemed to seek out privacy for a reason so he didn't pry. He was curious, but that could wait. Head forward, he sought out his much needed bath. And, half-expecting the girls to bath together, he knew that meant he needed to get cleaned ahead of them.

The water was soothing, almost too soothing. He didn't want to leave it but, knowing food would be ready soon, he decided it was best to be quick in his washing. Fur doused from head to toe, he emerged from the water. Drip drying for a second, he then shook off the water before slipping into his human form. Having toted a bag with a change of clothes in them, he slapped on the new attire. It was the same black colored outfit, painfully boring just just what he liked. Soaking his dirty clothes, he began to trek back to the ladies. Sure enough, on his walk back, he didn't find Rory where he last left her. Instead, she was giggling beside the fire. Something had transpired and, from the sounds of it, it was funny.

"Awww, did I miss Reno do something stupid?" He placed a hand on his hip before giving Reno a shady glance. From the blackened backside, he had a guess as to what she had done.

"Nonsense!" A growl rumbled in her throat. She was wary of his questioning, knowing that he was smart enough to put two and two together. "I would never light my butt on fire!"

"Oh?" He grit his teeth to resist the urge to laugh. "I thought, being a woman of fire, you would enjoy such things. Might as well burn off the filth and grime from the night before, right?"

"Well, when you put it like that," she whirled around to stare-down Ryna, "that's what I was doing." Her cheeky expression apparent to all. It wasn't at all true. She was simply too busy nuzzling her sister to realize she had stepped in the fire. And, being one of fire, she didn't notice a temperature difference. Had Ryna not pointed it out and had Rory not started laughing, she would have likely burnt off her behind. Thankfully, they alerted her and, much to Reno's luck, she was perfectly fine. Embarrassed, of course.

Ryna, rolling her eyes with annoyance, sighed. "Brother, you mustn't encourage such behavior. You know it only makes her harder to deal with."

"Heh," he scoffed, "how is that my problem? She's your twin." Squinting his eyes, he smirked playfully at Ryna.

"Oh." Her chest puffed outward. "I'm sorry. I didn't realized having younger sisters meant you didn't need to protect us from harm."

"Oh," he said mimicking Ryna's cocky mannerisms, "I didn't realize you required baby sitting. Are you not daddy's precious little girl, capable of besting anything that happens your way?"

Blush creeping over her cheeks, Ryna turned her head aside and said not another word. Reno, who was too busy eating the berries she was supposed to share, was also quiet. Like yesterday, her cheeks were full and she was too happy choking to worry about the Zero 1 : Ryna 0 score.

Joining the women, he took a seat on the log across from Ryna. "I'm kidding," he said when he noticed her adverted gaze. "I would never let anything happen to you two. Even if I can't stand you, you're still my baby sisters."

Reno, who finally finished wolfing down the berry, purred happily. "D'awww, brobro." Elbowing Rory, she whispered. "Isn't he just so cute when he's trying to be all protective and tough?"

"Reno," he said with a sigh, "I can hear you."

"Oh yeah," her eyes rolled out in both directions before snapping forward toward the eggs that were finally done. "Food, food," she clapped happily.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:44 PM

"I'm afraid I can't let you wander any further, Unai." A voice from behind the limping creature called to her. Slipping from the shadows, its red form soon became visible to her eyes.

Although seemingly non-threatening, the creature before Faline wasn't something to take lightly. Having no true form, any attacker would likely phase through him, as if he were a ghost. Only, he wasn't. Well, not exactly.

Head tilting, he glanced over the creature again. "Aleu would be most displeased if she knew you had recklessly used your powers. Still," his interest fell to his finger nails, "you did well on your own so she can't be too displeased."

Eyes still gazing at his nails, he let out a smirk of approval. "Why, she might even be proud. I know I'm impressed. Thus far, I'm on the only one that seems capable of pushing these creatures back. You, by no means did that, but you were able to escape. Such talent is... rare to come by."

Fangs out, she leaped at the creature. In seconds, the crimson liquid squirted from the monster she sunk her fangs around. Jaw locking, she clamped down on the neck further. As the creature tried to break free, she dug her claws into its back and rode out the meek attempt to break free. Seconds later came the thud. Eyes rolling back and tongue falling from the maw, it took its last breath.

Crimson lips against a silvery-white muzzle were the signs of victory. Aleu, flicking her tail over the now-dead lizard-like deer, trotted away from the kill. It wasn't her style, killing for sport or without purpose, but in this forest, such traditions were meant to be broken. Creatures like that, with spoiled black fur and evil red orbs, needed to die. They weren't of this world. They weren't of this island. They were terrors brought here and unleashed foolishly on the once-humble island.

As her paws made haste down the path Faline took, Aleu's ears shot back toward the middle of the island. From the mountain she stood upon, she could see the moon's reflection in the lake just behind the row of cabins. Eyes narrowing, trying helplessly to discern what she saw, the wolf paused. An explosion of red consumed the cabin and, moments later, a figure phased through the walls. Smirk tugging at her mouth, the wolf's tail wagged happily before she rose to see out the red creature.

When she finally arrived, her blue orbs flickered around to soak up the damage dealt.

"Akina," her voice was sweet and charming, "you've laid waste to my lovely forest." Taking a seat on a rock in the mist of trees, her ears flickered to and fro to listen for him.

"Aleu," he spoke in a hushed tone, "what brings you to this tormented island?" Boldly, he moved toward her and took a seat beside her large paws. "Seems ill-fitting for someone of your status to be here. I half-expected your husband. But you? Never you."

"I came to set things right. To do that, I must first discover the truth. I was not expecting my son and daughters to be here though. What brings them out here?"

"A clever ploy hatched by the one who controls the monsters you wish to understand. Someone seems to be pulling the strings, knowing full-well that the island alone will not keep these creatures happy. Bringing in fresh bait... well, it certainly adds to the excitement."

"Akina," Aleu chuckled, "it's so nice to see you."

"As always, it is a pleasure to be humbled by your radiant grace." He bowed his head lightly.

"Still," Aleu's voice took a new direction--a harsher, colder direction-- "I don't think it's time for them to meet. Not yet. I still haven't figured out the truth. If you see a lone Unai, please send her away. I cannot have her messing with the plans. Not yet."

A sly glimmer grew in Akina's orbs. "As you wish, my lady. I would never want my master's presence to interfere with your plans. You do have a better... grasp on the situation. For now, I shall try to keep him and the others away."

"Thank you." Her tongue wrapped around his cheek. "When it is time, you will know. Until then, do what you can. Faline, she's mine. I still have much to ask her. I fear... know, I know that these creatures, the ones that taunt the island.... I know she's linked to them. I just have to figure out how."

"And why," Akina chimed in before raising to bow. "Good luck."

"Same to you."

"Akina," Aleu's voice called from beside where he and Faline stood. Her tone was light and hushed, almost as if she knew that somewhere down the way stood her children and two more Unai. "Why are you scaring my dear Faline." Her hands crossed over her chest while a small smirk played on her face.

"My lady, I would never torment your precious friend. I know better than to mess with you." Circling around Faline, his form began to shrink. What was once a man soon became a brilliant red cat. Now in his cat form, he nonchalantly moved to rub up against Aleu's leg, purring all the way.

"You're a devilish little fiend," she said while scooping him up. Stroking his forehead, Aleu's attention fell back on Faline. "I'm afraid we can't go that way. Not now. I have something I must show you and I'm afraid it's fleeting. I think it'll help you remember what you've forgotten."

Putting the cat down, Aleu turned on her heels to face the complete opposite direction of the breakfast. "Besides," a dark look flooded her eyes, "there's an issue with venom that way."

Akina smirked. "Was. I've slowly been working on fixing the air."

TwitchTumblrInstagram

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-11-2015, 03:35 PM

Abi's eyes followed the male as he left; his comment, though backhanded as they may have seemed made the woman wonder if he was really aware that the sword was indeed still missing. As the door shut, she shook her head. Unai were indeed magical creatures, but their powers and knowledge of different magic forms weren't extensive to all types. Their magical knowledge was very specialized as each Unai was taught the magic their were born with by others that used the same kind.

Facing the forest though, it was a bold statement and from what she was learning of it, she wasn't sure how possible that was. As much as she didn't have safe feelings of the blonde twin, she would sooner throw her lot in with taming her than the island they were on.

She stood there, in the dimly lit room, alone. She was feeling uneasy, her stomach was turning. It wasn't a new feeling and though she didn't wake overnight, she knew that the feeling started then. There was something in the air, something that did not agree with the woman. Knowing that her absence would only cause Rory to worry, she too left the cabin.

In the morning air there was a smell of breakfast and something not so organic burning and from the way the one twin moved from the fire, the pieces soon fell into place as to what had happened. Slowly moving towards the others and the small fire, Abi looked around. The other campers were already up, the forest echoed their movements; they didn't seem to be in any immediate danger, but then again, even if they were she wasn't one to jump up and save them. At that point, her charge was Rory and with the way Rory was warming up to Rroy's children and the fact they were his children, made the woman feel as though she were in charge of their safety as well.

She took a silent seat among the other women, just letting them chat about this and that. Though their chatter was soon joined by the return of their brother. The air was slowly clearing, but it still bothered her so she remained silent, focusing on the local sounds and noises.

Rory enjoyed her time with the two sisters, Reno did a grand job in keeping her mind from more depressing topics. As the food was being completed, she took a plate and passed it to the recently joined Abi, before getting her own. The siblings were having their own little pow-wow and the energy was just enjoyable.

The dark haired woman poked at her food for only a moment before starting with the eggs. As Reno started digging into her own plate, the woman lifted her yellow eyes, a smile on her face. "You guys get along very well," she said softly. She expected one of two reactions to the statement: they would either reject it, saying that wasn't the case or there would be embarrassment about it. While they got along, it always felt like they tried to hide their affection for one another, well, Reno didn't.

A sudden voice caused the black creature freeze, slowly turning around only for nothing to be there. When she attention moved before her again, Faline was met with the appearance of a red haired male. Her ears flattened themselves, teeth bared as she growled at the man. She took a few steps back before stopping at the sound of Aleu's name.

Ears perking up, she listened to the male. She moved her head to one side as he spoke about her recklessly using her powers; as if she had. As the look on his face changed, it seemed to make almost an audible sound as the smirk appeared.

She shot a glare at the male, something about him not sitting well with her. She couldn't tell if he were truly impressed by her or not and even if he was trustworthy.

Soon another voice came to ear, one that Faline did recognize. Lifting her head, she turned it to look at Aleu. She seemed to be toying with the male at her accusastion and it only caused the red haired male to circle her. The black creature half turned to keep the male in her gaze, teeth bared at him. As he moved, the reason for her dislike of him soon became evident as his form shrunk into that of a red cat.

Faline started growling at the male as Aleu scooped him up. Though her memories were fuzzy she knew two things: she didn't like being in water and she didn't like cats. As the other's attention turned back to her, the growling quieted. She had learned a while back that questioning Aleu usually ended unpleasant so rather, when she had something she wanted to show her, especially revolving around her memories, she was quick to follow, at least as quickly as she could with her injury.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-11-2015, 03:50 PM

"Well duh," Reno said while squishing her face back into Ryna's, "we're family. And although these two will deny it, we all love each other." Her smile grew. "We grew up with very loving parents. They were and have always been madly in love with one another. It's hard not to love when you see them nuzzling foreheads from time to time."

Putting her chin in her hands, she sighed. "We should have invited mum and dad to join us. They would have had fun."

Zero, choking, tried not to laugh too hard. "Uh, earth to Reno, mom and dad are on vacation. They're supposed to be on their own island doing their own thing."

"Oh boo. That's boring. They should be with us. We're cooler."

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Ryna merely sighed. "They are still adults, Reno. They do need their alone time."

"You mean sexy time." A giddy, wicked grin grew on her face. At those words, both Zero and Ryna had their faces turn a bright red. Stumbling over what to say next, the two eventually decided to stuff their faces with food.

"Tee hee," Reno giggled with delight. "I know things." Grabbing Rory, she pulled the woman into her face. "I know things."

Rolling his eyes, Zero set his empty plate aside before rising from his seat. Not uttering a word, he slipped into the forest behind them. He was seeking out Akina, of which he wanted to keep a secret, especially from the Unai.

Ryna, knowing full-well what was going on, knew it was time to play the role of distractor. She needed to keep both Rory and Abi at the fire, rather than volunteering to help Zero do whatever. The best way to keep them away?

"Well with Zero running off, I think now's our cue to bathe."

To suggest taking a bath in the complete opposite direction.

"Oh yay!" Reno shoved more berries in her mouth before tugging at Rory's arm. "Mmmfts mmoow!" Her words came out muffled and foreign. "Mmmmurme!"

"Reno," Ryna scolded, "please don't talk with your mouth full." Raising with poise, the woman calculated her steps around the fire. Dishes tossed loosely in a wash bucket, she swung said bucket on her hips. "Go grab your change of clothes. We'll all walk down together. Better to stick together than wander off alone."

---------- Post added 11-11-2015 at 11:31 AM ----------

Nodding at the redhead, Aleu lead Faline away from her sister. Deep down, it broke her heart to know that she was keeping them apart but Faline had to regain her memories. There was too much at stake to just let it fall by the wayside. The bond between sisters could be repaired but the damage to the island? Well, that required special attention and care. If they couldn't unlock the secrets Faline locked within, they could very well doom the entire planet. And, as much as Aleu wanted it, she wasn't ready to pull in Rroy. He was going to be her last-ditch effort when everything else failed.

Knowing little to nothing about Faline, the wolf-woman took this time to get a little insight into Faline's life. "So," she began, "I see you successfully dodged that hideous ape-bull thing." A small smile jerked at her lips. "I also saw what looked like a snake." Eyes glancing at the ruins on her body and the limp at her leg, she smirked. "I'm glad you were wise enough to flee rather than fight. Still," Aleu's eyes filled with sorrow, "I'm sorry I wasn't there to help. I." She bit her lip before quivering it, "I ran into my own issues." What those issues were, well, Aleu didn't feel it necessary to explain. Not yet. Faline already had enough to worry about. There was no need to add more to the disheveled woman's plate.

"Though I do wish you would keep your summons on the down-low. Whenever you create one of your monsters, it seems more appear. And," her brows knit together, "I'm also noticing that some of these monsters... they start to take on the traits of your recent summon."

She still wasn't sure why, but this just solidified the fact that these creatures were definitely linked to Faline and her powers. In due time, things would reveal themselves and they could begin the long process of fixing things up.

"What do you remember?" Her sapphire gaze fell on Faline. "I mean about coming to this island and how you got stranded her. Anything you can remember, even if just fragments, will help."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-11-2015, 05:20 PM

Rory tried imagining such a scene; while there was a definite difference between mated and unmated Unai, seeing parents do it wasn't heard of. "We grow up in community families," she said as she finished clearing off her plate. "When Unai are born, we're all raised together by all the mothers. None of us know who our parents really are since we're all one large pack family."

She then leaned over, setting her plate into the bucket as Reno and Zero continued going on about what their parents were doing. She was still paying attention to the conversation, but it was more family matters then anything.

Reno soon brought the dark haired woman back to the conversation as she pulled her in telling her that she knew things. Her face flushed slightly thinking of what she must have been insinuating at from what she had just been going on about.

I'm sure you do, Rory could hear what her sister would have said in her usual irritated tone when it came to people like that. A smile cracked on her face as she started to laugh once Reno pulled away from her.

As Ryna brought up bathing, Reno seemed more into the idea than the Unai would have expected, especially after her reaction to the water the day before. She knew it was pointless fighting the woman and went along with her anyway.

Abi was a bit slower eating; as the air cleared up it became easier and she felt more awake and not so ill. Her eyes followed as the male wandered off, though she put her priority over finishing her meal rather than following him.

Ryna was suggesting that since the male was leaving, they should bathe. For creatures that were not so comfortable being nude around members of the opposite sex, it indeed made sense. Finishing her plate off, she too added hers to the bucket before joining the group.

Seeing as Reno was probably not going to be coming back for clothes, the other figured she should at least grab a change for Rory. Although they didn't lose the garments when changing, the clothing was still in contact with their bodies and required washing.

Sticking with the dark haired woman as they made their way back towards the cabin to gather what they needed, she looked over at her. "What brings such a happy family such as yours to this island?" Her eyes were on the woman a moment longer before she moved to open the door for her.

With the pain growing in her arm, Faline chose to return back to her human form. Though that left her nude to the forest around them, it didn't bother her and Aleu didn't seem to usually pick up too much of a fuss about it. Even in that form, she still had a pair of long ears and a smooth black tail that swooshed as she walked.

A small smile formed on her lips as Aleu spoke to her, though her eyes fell to the ground. "I know what those things can do," she said, her tone slightly sour. "I know I couldn't handle them nearly as well as you." She seemed almost bitter that she had to rely on the woman as much as she did; which was very much like Faline, she didn't like being protected.

As the woman apologized, Faline knew that some attention fell to the gash on her shoulder. She shook her head, her eyes landing on the woman as she said, "There's no need to apologize. If I can't handle even a single opponent then I need to get stronger." Much as Aleu had stopped talking of her issues, Faline didn't pry; they were together again, both were alive and that was all that mattered. Heck, at that point she could even ignored that cat.

When Aleu started talking about the summons and the traits they seemed to pick up, Faline's brows knitted together in confusion. "What? How? That doesn't make any sense," she said as she thought about the creature from the before. It was a Nightbane Cobra; the creature was more legend than real and was known to be able to cloak in shadows, stalking its prey almost unnoticed. While its fangs were long and deadly, it would use them to inject its foe with a nightbane venom that would first immobilize its opponent, before slowly rotting it away from the inside; it was not a pleasant thing to deal with. If that wasn't the worst, it was one of the few species known for being able to spit a gooey poisonous blob of the same make of its venom, though it was used more for immobilization and softening the flesh or out exterior of the thing it was fighting. She only hoped the creature was killed or fully sent back without leaving traits here, if that were really the case.

The wolf-woman pulled the woman from her thoughts when she asked what she could remember. The confused look that had plagued her features soon melded into one of concentration and slight anger. What did she remember? "Running," she said finally. "I remember running and a lot of fighting." Her brows knit together more tightly as her eyes seemed to hint that she wasn't really with them at that point.

"I remember there were so many creatures, some I could see, others I couldn't make out in the darkness." She then slowly shook her head as she said, "I don't think I was alone though. But then, then I was alone cause I woke up then next day and there wasn't anyone with me." Faline fell silent again, the birds of the forest chirping as the group continued on.

"I don't even remember how I got here or why," she said with a frustrated sigh.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-11-2015, 07:27 PM

"Winning tickets to this place!" Reno immediately jumped on the question. "Zero and Ryna said no but I said yes and I always get what I want." Ryna nodded silently with grinding her teeth; there was clearly more to this story. "Well," she flitted her lashes, "I kinda signed them up against there will. Then told mom and dad I booked us a vacay. Mom said that was nice of me and dad said they had to go."

"She conveniently left out that she won the tickets." Ryna pipped up. "Had mom and dad know this was a scam, they wouldn't have let us come here."

"Nonsense," Reno exclaimed, "mom and dad are constantly telling us to seek adventure. Dad would have still made us go here, just to check it out. And Ryna," her lips curled up to reveal a devilish grin, "are you scared of what we'll find in these woods?"

Finally at the water, Ryna let out a sigh. "Reno, I am scared. We know nothing about this island and what it holds. Father always scolded me for being without fear. He said fear is what makes you brave and it's what drives you to survive. I always though it foolish for he fears nothing. But... seeing this place and what came into our cabin last night." She fell silent before rubbing her arms.

"I think I finally understand. When dad lost mom, he was so scared. He searched day and night for her. Lost himself and fell into a state of darkness. Nothing chipped at him for fear was all he knew. It was in that state of eternal fear that he finally gained his clarity--that fear is not a weakness but a strength that forces you to become someone better.

"Using the fear, he started to channel it. He vowed he would find her and find her he did. They love deeper because of it and he's so much stronger now that he holds fear within his heart. Things impact him and... it... it all makes sense."

Flopping to her knees, Ryna's lifeless gaze stared off across the water. "For so long it bugged me, that he would admit and share such things. But I understand. I finally understand."

Taking a seat beside her twin, Reno placed a gentle hand on the woman's back. "Ryanne," she cooed lightly, "what are you afraid of?" Her orbs were wide with wonder for this was the first time Ryna had ever exposed herself with such a vulnerability.

"Noerina," her pale hand reached for Reno's cheek, "I'm afraid I'll lose you." With both hands firmly around the blonde's face, she pulled herself into her. Her dark head rested against the flatter-chested sister's breasts. "I can't imagine living without my other half."

Stroking her sister's raven hair, Reno sighed happily. "Don't worry. I won't leave you. I promise." Holding her a moment longer, Reno's graveness slowly faded as her usual cheeky demeanor returned.

"NOW WHO'S GONNA GET NEKKID WITH ME!"

Splashing into the water, the blonde peeled away her clothes. Seconds later, she was running up to Ryna and egging her into the water. "GET NEKKKKKKID!"

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-11-2015, 08:41 PM

When Reno said they had won tickets to the place, Rory's eyes snapped to two sisters, at that point especially the blonde. "Why would you even want to come here?" She asked, the surprised tone in her voice evident. It wasn't like it was a smart question, odds are, the others on the island probably didn't know that it would likely kill them.

The two sisters seemed to start to bicker about what ended up bringing them to the island, or it was more of Reno teasing her sister. The two Unai followed them in silence as the two continued to talk.

Rory could really relate to Ryna at that point, which she found odd for she didn't think she was going to find much of anything to share in common with her. She smiled as she sat at the water's edge. "Fear is a natural thing," she said as she dipped her feet into the water. "We all handle it differently but as long as there's someone there to look out for you, then it's not so bad."

Leaning forward, when she looked into the water, she didn't see herself, she saw her sister and let out a sigh. Lifting her head up, she cast Ryna a smile as she said, "You're very much like Faline." The older twin very rarely let on when something bothered her or when she was fearful; she was the stone wall and protector. Yet, Rory knew that her sister was far from that really. Many of her sister's actions were calculated and based on keeping people safe; she wasn't really mean she just had a hard time really relating with others.

"When we find her, the two of you can go about ridding this island of all things that can harm anyone."

Abi set the items she had gathered up a bit away from the water to keep it from getting too wet. She then walked over to a shallow end of the water and stood in it for a few minutes. The water was cool, but that wasn't why she wasn't going in right away. If anyone was watching her closely, they would have seen that her feet were actually rooting into the sandy bottom of the water.

After a few moments, she started moving again. Moving slightly deeper into the water, she took a seat, pulling her white gown over her head and dunking it under the water to clean it.

Like other Unai, the Forest Unai were raised as community pups. They were moved early on so that they didn't bond too closely with their own litter mates, though clearly that wasn't stopped with twins. Then again, from what she saw, it seemed that Forest Unai were a bit different with the fact that they had larger litters ranging from 3 to more pups. The Mountain Unai seemed to birth single pups, which made sense due to the lack of resources found in her own homeland.

She let her mind wander as she slowly pushed water up her arms. There was so much going on at all times that it was difficult to keep track of all of it; the island was dangerous, but only at night. Were all these dangerous creatures really nocturnal? If there were so many, were the others of their kind not a threat to the limited food source of campers? Were the campers even their actual food? There were just too many questions that couldn't be answered.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-12-2015, 01:14 PM

As Rory spoke of her sister, Ryna's face lightened. A smile crested her features and soon she was nodding her head in agreement. "I would very much like to meet your sister, Faline. It sounds like we have much in common, both doing what we must to protect those we love." Her hand reached across the way to kindly pat Rory's. "Thank you," she whispered before her attention flew back to the rather noisy wolf-girl.

"Reno," she hissed, "keep quiet. We don't need the whole camp to know that we're in the nude."

At the moment, Reno's face flashed a brilliant red color. "Oh my god," she gasped. Her hands went over her lips and vivid crimson orbs grew large. "If someone saw my Rory, I would knock them silly. She's mine. NO ONE ELSE SHALL LOOKIE!"

Glaring across the water to the blonde, Ryna cocked a brow. "Really. You're going to kill me too?"

"Nooooo, you and Abi are safe. But if anyone looks at you, especially pervy boys, I will make them suffa!"

With an eye roll, Ryna shifted her gaze back to the Unai. Abi seemed lost in her own thing, leaving Rory to survey.

The woman seemed tired. How long had she and her sister been apart? She also looked worn, like knowing the details of this island were taking a heavy toll on her.

Finally slipping into the water, Ryna made her way over to the mountain Unai. "We will find your sister," her wet hand draped over Rory's shoulders. "And I'll make damn sure of it that nothing happens to you or Abi while we're hunting down Faline." With a firm squeeze, the raven pulled away to bathe herself. "And you know Reno will help too. She seems to have developed a crush on you." With a devious smirk she added, "Lucky you."

After the four were done bathing and washing their dirty attire, they began their walk back. It was refreshing to finally be free of the day's prior grub and grime. It was also nice to know that they still had hours of sunlight left. The thought of the dark, though Ryna's affinity, was far from welcoming. It seemed that, in these shadows and thick of the woods, her powers were weak. Was Zero having the same lackluster sensation? Thinking back to Akina and how he successfully fended off the intruder, she grimaced. No, it appeared it was only her.

"Can we please, please, please, please, please play hide and go seek with Zero?" Reno danced around the trio. "We can't tell him we're playing though!" With a hushed whisper she added, "Because he's the one we're going to hunt." Trying to suppress her fit of giggles, she let out a sigh. "I think it would be fun and most certainly lighten the mood!" Eye red eyes shot to Abi. "First one to find him gets to kiss him."

Ryna, in protest, rolled out her tongue in disgust. "No thanks. I do not want to kiss him."

"You can kiss Akina instead."

Ryna's gaze turned to stone. A dagger-throwing glare followed. The raven spoke not a word and it seemed to get beneath the blonde's skin.

"I won't mention it again."
She pouted before pulling back from the group a bit. Now walking sadly behind the others, she kept her gaze on the ground.

"I do agree though," Ryna finally piped up, "we should do something relaxing. Perhaps we can visit the beach?" Her finger pointed dead ahead. "Prior to landing, I recall seeing the ocean on that side of the island. I doubt it's a mile away. We could see if Zero wants to come with us."

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 08:34 AM ----------

"You're right," she began, "you were not alone. You have a sister, Rory, who you came to this island with. I don't know why, but it appears your bond has broken." A look of sorrow came to her face. "I'm trying to figure out why. Like you and your sister, I gave birth to a pair of twins--Ryanne and Noerina. They're twenty-three now. Unlike you and your twin, my girls are different species. Noerina, or Reno as she likes to be called, is the same as I. Ryanne or as she prefers, Ryna, is like her father. Although different, they are still very close." Her glaze flickered toward the lapping waves on their left. "I can't imagine a world where they would forget one another. Where their bond becomes broken. It must be... so lonely."

Her brows fell together before she reached out a hand and lad it on the Unai's shoulder. "Together we'll figure this out. I'm hoping, this object I want to show you, will help spark your memory some."

Aleu didn't say much else after that, knowing that Faline would want to let the words sink in. She would probably try to recreate Rory in her mind, a process that needed to happen. There was no need to interrupt or pester her for more information. It was clear that the Unai had been through a lot. Prying further could result in harm. Or worse, cause her to run.

Finally, when the sky was at its height point in the sky, Aleu stopped. Pointing toward a stone tablet, one weathered after months of exposure to the salt water and sun, she glanced over at Faline.

"Does this mean anything to you?" Based on the symbols, Aleu figured it was a tome of sorts. But just what it was and who used it was beyond her. It was likely important for most casters who required tomes used one tome for life. Was it Faline's? Or did it belong to someone else? Perhaps her sister? Did that even make sense?

Shaking her head, a growl followed. The sickly scent of blood lingered on the stone object, casting a chill down her spin. It was not a nice object, whatever it was. Even if it was used for good, Aleu was never a fan of blood rituals. She had seen one too many, thanks to Rroy's loyal worshiper Varun. Again, she shook her head. Tormented by the sounds of skin being split open and the light pitter-patter of blood rolling into the sand cast a white color to her skin.

Finally unable to bear the scent, her put her hand over her nose. "It reeks of blood." Her nose wrinkled. No matter how much nature chipped at it, the tome remained in-tact. And the blood, clearly caked on from years of casting and summons, seemed to be the main clue here.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-12-2015, 04:42 PM

Ryna's reactions really were like her sister's; it made missing her not quite so difficult at that point. That twin bond wasn't there though; the twins were never separated for long and they could always find each other in the worst of conditions. Rory couldn't feel it though; it was as though her sister were truly not there and the thought of her sister being killed on that island was something she didn't want to think about. There was a masked kindness with Ryna, not so much masked but one that could easily be confused with ire or anger, it made it easy for the woman to approach her.

As Reno started getting upset over the idea of others seeing the dark haired woman nude, Rory laughed. Pulling her dress over her head she said, "Unai don't view nudity the same way as human." She then pulled herself into the water, wading out until the cool liquid wrapped around her waist. Turning around to face the other twins that were still on the ground she said, "Though we appear human, we are animals. Clothing is just something we wear to blend in with humans. You won't find Unai clothed while in human form if you visit our packs." In reality, most Unai packs preferred to remain in their natural, animal forms.

Abi's eyes rolled over to Rory and Ryna as the other woman entered the water. She couldn't help but smirk at the woman's confidence as she said she would protect the two Unai. Sure, her father was strong, but it was unwise to think any of them could single handedly vow to protect so many. She couldn't blame her for the thought though, she knew that everything was really draining Rory; even if the mountain creature wanted to sleep, she couldn't without aid.

People were standing with them in the search for her sister, it was something that comforted the Unai. It took Rory longer than she would have thought to convince her pack to let her find her; to them, Faline was as good as dead. Rory dipped under the water as Ryna started pulling away. "Reno is a gem," she said softly to the dark haired woman as her eyes moved to look at her. "It's nice to know that I'm in her favor."

Rory was wringing her hair out as Abi gathered up their items, the group of girls making their way back towards the cabins. Reno was onto her next game of course, wanting to play a game with the missing male, one that she didn't want to tell him they were playing; it was very much like the blonde to want to do that. She wasn't all that interested in the prize that she offered for whomever found him first and with the expression, or lack-thereof, on Abi's face, she knew the other woman didn't care either.

With that prize not being enough to pull them in and with her sister's counter argument, she offered Ryna a chance to kiss Akina, but who was that?

Abi's eyes snapped over to the other two girls at the announcement of a new name. She didn't see the look on the black haired woman's face, but the way that the other reacted told her it was not a pleasant look. She followed along with the direction that the woman had offered but moved closer to her. "And who is Akina?" She asked loud enough so both girls could hear.

Rory kept her ears peeled on the conversation that was starting to flourish at hand, though she was closer to Reno than the other two at that point.

Faline's ears picked up at the notion of not having been alone and having a sister on top of that. Her eyes locked onto the woman as she spoke her name 'Rory'. There was a hope that filled her eyes and she could fill it in her chest as she thought about it; they were twins. Were they identical? She didn't know, but imagine it! She thought about a girl roughly the same height and weight of her, almost a mirror image. They were the same species too, did that mean she had the same ears and tail that she had?

Her eyes traced over the forest before them as she tried to imagine it all. The idea of having a sister and if they were close, it was a nice feeling. It felt natural and accepting. She didn't have too long to think about it though, for soon Aleu was leading her towards what looked like a heavy stone tablet. Her eyes narrowed on the object; it seemed familiar, at least the carvings on it were similar to the ones that scarred her own body, their meanings were different. "I can read this," she said, her voice sounding nearly surprised.

Aleu didn't seem to like the object as she commented that it smelled of blood. That excited the woman for her markings were activated by blood. She approached the stone device slowly, a hand reached out towards it. As her finger tips nearly grazed the top of it, the symbols lit up a bright white-blue, it was almost blinding. Shielding her eyes until the light faded, Faline felt a tug at her mind strings.

"Faline, Faline, look out they're behind you," she heard a frantic voice call out to her. Turning, she saw a near mirror image of her, her face had the look of horror and panic in it, her body had blue symbols glowing up her arms. Turning to see what the woman was warning her about, Faline's eyes fell on a massive boar.

The red symbols that Faline was so familiar with began to glow brighter. "Rory, you have to run, I'll hold it off," she said, her tone sharp as her eyes landed on the woman for a moment. Rory was near tears as she said, "I'm not leaving you Faline." The older twin snarled at the other as she said, "Rory, go, I'll catch up." She could see her sister not want to, but turn to run anyway.

Once Rory was gone, Faline let out a slow sigh as she stood up straight before the creature, her arms out to the side. "Maybe," she then added as a whisper as the glowing light exploded around her. The light was broken by a new shape that seemed to step out of it; the creature had a thick body like the boar, but long legs like a spider, the face of a hawk and tail of a serpent. The creature was taller than the boar, but the other creature had bulk on its side still. Falling to one knee, Faline knew that she had to stay awake until the creature was defeated or until she was killed; she had to give her sister time to escape. Then, slowly, the world began to fade around her.

A gasp came from the woman as her mind was forced back to the present, within her hands the tablet was no longer a stone tablet, but an old, leather bound book. She placed one hand over the top cover, her breathing starting to slow slightly. "Rory," she said, nearly in tears as she turned quickly to look at Aleu. "Did she make it? Is she still alive?" There was a protective panic in her voice as her eyes scanned over the woman's face trying to find clues of what happened after that.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-12-2015, 06:09 PM

With the swirls of light, Aleu cast her gaze away. She wanted no part of that tablet so she purposely shut herself out. It was not her place to spy on the visions Faline would receive. If the woman wanted to share, she would. Besides, it wasn't hard to imagine what Faline could be seeing. Likely it would be the events leading up to their split.

As Faline came to, Aleu greeted her with a warming smile. "Why of course. You sacrificed your own escape so that your sister could flee. She successfully left the island and returned home to seek out a search party. She loves you dearly and is doing all she can to find you."

For a moment, Aleu toyed with her words. Should she be open and honest about the situation? Should she explain that Rory was on the island, seeking her now? That she had brought a Forest Unai with her to help aid her in the hunt? Or was it better to pass over that information, pretending she knew nothing. Would it keep Faline focused? Would it keep her safe? But what if she smelled the other Unai? Would that break the trust Aleu sought to create? Would it undo all she sought to achieve?

Dipping her head, the blonde banished her emotions. This wasn't about her. She didn't come here to befriend the Unai. She came here to save the island and to restore peace and balance. There was no need to stir up mayhem within the woman before her. It was best she not reveal that Rory was here. It was best she let the Unai go on thinking that her sister would come. When the time was right, Aleu could craft a story about how her sister arrived. Or she could lie, saying she never knew she was on the island the whole time.

"Your sister is here," Aleu's lips spoke the words she wanted to bury within. Knowing full-well that lying would undo all she had begun, the wolf-woman decided it was best to speak the truth. She would rather be honest with the fragile creature than misguide her. Faline was already in enough pain and lying wouldn't make her stronger.

"She's actually with my daughters and son. I know you wish to see her but," Aleu turned around, giving Faline a nice view of her back. Not wanting the woman to see the worry in her eyes, she continued on. "But I'm afraid if you chose to go with them, then I will no longer be able to help you. Even knowing you have a sister and seeing visions with her, I sense that your bond is still broken. Reuniting with her may restore it, but it will only be temporary. Upon your splitting, a piece of you was lost. Stolen. I'm trying to help you recover that."

Pivoting on her toes, Aleu's blue eyes sought out the Unai's glaze. "I will leave the choice in your hands. You can continue to unearth the truth with me or, if you prefer, try to discover it with your sister and my children." Her voice was solemn, almost remorseful. It wasn't fair to put such a choice on Faline, especially knowing little of what either outcome would ultimately result in. Still, she had a hunch.

"If you go with your sister, you might regain your memories. You might restore your bond. But I doubt you will discover the truth behind these monsters and how you've caused this island great pain."

The graveness in her voice and stare softened. "If you decide to stay with me, we will continue to seek out clues and begin to mend what has been broken. The process will be pure and true, ultimately resulting in balance and harmony for all." Lips pursed, she glanced away. "I cannot guarantee this if you seek out your sister."

Hands crossing over her chest, the blonde awaited the Unai's response. "Please know that, regardless of your choice, I am honored to have worked alongside you. Moreover, I believe in you. I know you can mend what has been broken. Just... just learn to open up and accept the faces around you. You will find peace in the arms of another--and not your sister or kin. As I have protected and guided you, so will another. So even if we part ways, you will never be alone."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-12-2015, 06:34 PM

A visible look of relief came to the woman's face as Aleu told her Rory had safely made it off the island. Though she could not recall an actual history with her sister, she was glad to know she had made it away safely and that her staying behind wasn't in vain. It wasn't like she could deny that she wasn't her sister anyway, the other had looked just like her, save their eye colors were only slightly different to the point that most would have missed it.

She looked back at the book that she had, not sure what she should do at that point. Getting off the island was still important, but where would she go? It's not like if she got off she knew where her home was at that point.

Aleu's next words instantly drew Faline's attention again. Her ears were straight up, eyes wide as she heard her sister was back. "What? Why would she come back after going through that?" It may have been a sister wanting to get their twin back, but Faline didn't feel such relief; a twin she had lost all memory of had come back to the place she had given everything up for her to leave to begin with.

Her eyes fell to the ground. Rory was there? She had come back to the island? It didn't sound like she was alone at that point, but still, her mind couldn't grasp taking the chance to come back. The odds of her not having survived were so high, why, why would she risk it?! Their bond was broken, that's what Aleu was telling her; was that why she didn't feel the intense draw to go run off and find her other half?

It was her choice; did she go to find her sister or remain with this woman that had helped keep her alive all that time. The look in her eyes seemed chaotic as she tried to figure out what she would do. She had no real memories of her sister save for when she stayed behind for her to leave. If she returned to Rory and forgot everything again, wouldn't that hurt her all over again?

The tone in Aleu's voice told her that the choice was indeed important. She fought to listen to the woods around her, though if her sister was out there, she wasn't close enough to be heard. She turned around to be met with looming trees and the peaceful forest that only existed during the day.

Her mind mulled over the two choices over and over again, but she knew she didn't have to. It was more like she had to convince herself that it was ok to not seek out her own flesh and blood that returned to the island that nearly killed them both. I'm sorry, Rory, she thought before slowly turning back towards Aleu, her hands crossed over her chest. She told her she had to trust and open up to others, wouldn't not chasing her sister be the start of that?

A small, but sad smirk formed on her lips as she said, "Rory will be safe if I'm not there, won't she?" She asked, it was clear her choice had been made, but she still didn't want her sister to be doomed.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-12-2015, 07:04 PM

"Because she loves you," Aleu reassured the Unai. "And she is safe. Although my dearest Reno doesn't know it, her strength swells within. The monsters of this island will hardly be a fight for her. She's of the same blood as I, a blood of a race that used to work alongside Unai. The bond between Lypheion and Unai used to be strong. I presume it's why I hardly break a sweat against these monsters. If my hunch is right, these monsters are twisted reincarnations of your previous summons. I don't know why they linger. All I can guess is that a rift is open that prevents these monsters from returning to the abyss you summoned them from."

"And don't worry, Rory has more than just Reno. She brought with her a Forest Unai, likely to help aid in finding you. Thankfully, the trees listen to me and aren't going to spill our secret just yet."

Her chuckled. "Why I only hope the Forest Unai will not take offense to Reno's explosive powers." A small smirk played on her lips. "Regardless, my little Reno has taken a liking to your sister. I know she will defend her to her dying breath." For a moment, her brows furrowed. It was hard to picture her own daughter dying to save a Unai she only just met but this was Reno. She loved deeply. To throw her life away for someone she care about was totally in her character. It actually brought tears to the Lypheion's eyes.

Beating her lashes, she whisked the water away. Now was not the time to get sentimental about the heroic nature of a child.

"If you would like," Aleu began, "we can go spy on them. Perhaps seeing your sister will change your mind? Like I said, I do not want to keep you from your sister. I understand the bond of siblings for I have twin brothers. I spent most of my life not knowing they existed for my parents feared they would kill me. Thankfully, they had no interest in pursuing the royal bloodline, instead deciding to take on the roles of guardians of both land and water."

Not moving, she looked toward the direction they just came from. "If you do wish to see her, we will need to seek higher ground. From there, you can decide if you want to run down and greet her or follow me to the next path of our journey."