BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-25-2016, 03:22 PM

Let's please keep things respectful, folks. This thread is for talking about Anime, not jabbing at each other. I've removed some posts that had edged into murky waters.

Thanks in advance for staying on-topic and civil. :)

Last edited by BellyButton; 06-25-2016 at 06:26 PM..

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2016, 11:08 PM

Any good animes this season, guys? :3

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-06-2016, 02:52 AM

Omg - finally watched Asterisk Wars Season 2 - so good! Season 3 needs to happen now lol I need to know Claudia's wish!! And I need to know more of Ophelia and Magnum Opus' back stories - totally cray cray to the max! I'm so excited for Season 3 though - I hope it gets announced soon <3

I've also been working on some challenges for the group I belong to and it's been directing me to oldies lately! I just watched Samurai Harem (had a meh first half but the 2nd half redeemed it, especially the last 3-4 episodes) and now I'm watching Azumanga Daioh - not stellar so far, but not atrocious - I think it has potential to get better :3

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 02:50 AM ----------

Well - Azumanga is getting better! Except now there's a pervert teacher whose gag segments are ruining it for me - he's just so nasty creepy! Which I get is the humor but it just sketches me out when these kids are like, 9th or 10th graders and one is 10 years old - totally sketchy!!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 07-06-2016, 11:19 PM

Still watching Macross Delta. It's at the half way point, and it's awsomesauce up until episode 13...

...and then episode 14 devolves into perviness. I mean, it's still a good episode, but...

"You see, when a Macross-class vessel and a Island-class colony ship love each other very much..." -- paraphrased from a quote from the latest episode of the SpeakerPODcast.

for the record, it was because the colony vessel needed power, and the normal docking method wasn't available, so...

Last edited by onsenmark; 07-06-2016 at 11:27 PM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 AM

Emma: I sadly don't think there will be a third season of Asterisk Wars but I want one as well. Also we are getting the game for it so there's that surprisingly.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
Still watching Macross Delta. It's at the half way point, and it's awsomesauce up until episode 13...

...and then episode 14 devolves into perviness. I mean, it's still a good episode, but...

"You see, when a Macross-class vessel and a Island-class colony ship love each other very much..." -- paraphrased from a quote from the latest episode of the SpeakerPODcast.

for the record, it was because the colony vessel needed power, and the normal docking method wasn't available, so...
I've never seen Macross Delta, so I'm totally lost on the reference, but I can 100% see how that could be pervy, so maybe it's good I have no idea what the actual reference is!! XD;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
Emma: I sadly don't think there will be a third season of Asterisk Wars but I want one as well. Also we are getting the game for it so there's that surprisingly.
Really?? Why do you say that? They totally led up to it going into the Gryphs Festa and introduced the groups during the last episode! o.o

Also yayyy! A Game!! For what platform?

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-07-2016, 08:48 PM

I haven't heard any rumors about it, but it could be something in 2017/8 but I honestly have no clue. And iirc it's for the PSVita

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 PM

I really need to finish Dance with Devils, Super Lovers and Sailor Moon Crystal, orz. xD But they are good, and I do not want them to end! D:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-08-2016, 03:38 AM

Quote:
I haven't heard any rumors about it, but it could be something in 2017/8 but I honestly have no clue. And iirc it's for the PSVita
Let's hope!! I really want to see the Gryphs Festa! And I hope they do the solo Festa too - I need to know more about everything revealed in S2! :D

Aww - I don't have the Vita - I wish it came out for the PS3 or 4 instead!! :(

Omg - Orange and Sweetness & Lightening started airing this week - SO GOOD! Just as amazing as the manga <3 I've also ended up adding like, 15-20 simulcasts to my list... I guess one perk is that I'll have something new to watch every day of the week? XD;

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2016, 12:14 AM

I think I need Anime rehab. I have so many simulcasts going
I'm still catching up on Episode 1 for most and they're already putting out Episode 2! I'm so glad Momokuri is airing 2 episodes at once though - it's so stinking cute! I love getting a double dose every week instead of just 12-13 min a week <3

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 07-09-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
I've never seen Macross Delta, so I'm totally lost on the reference, but I can 100% see how that could be pervy, so maybe it's good I have no idea what the actual reference is!! XD;
Two words: WATCH IT. There are fansubs up if you know where to look.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2016, 05:33 PM

Not available through Netflix, Hulu, or Crunchyroll? I felt like I saw it somewhere.. Maybe it's one of the bajillion Anime Hulu had and then purged completely from their website, leaving like, nothing in its wake... I'll definitely add it to my list though and see if I come across it when I have some downtime! :D

---------- Post added 07-09-2016 at 01:35 PM ----------

Oh hilarious - I just looked it up on MAL and every single Macross is on my list except for Delta and Macross F movie 2 and Macross XX special - they must have come out later than when I went through and added them!! That's probably why it sounds familiar lol I want to watch the entire collection!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 07-09-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Not available through Netflix, Hulu, or Crunchyroll? I felt like I saw it somewhere.. Maybe it's one of the bajillion Anime Hulu had and then purged completely from their website, leaving like, nothing in its wake... I'll definitely add it to my list though and see if I come across it when I have some downtime! :D

---------- Post added 07-09-2016 at 01:35 PM ----------

Oh hilarious - I just looked it up on MAL and every single Macross is on my list except for Delta and Macross F movie 2 and Macross XX special - they must have come out later than when I went through and added them!! That's probably why it sounds familiar lol I want to watch the entire collection!
Sadly, a good half of the Macross meta-series isn't commercially available, at least, not in the States(arigatou, Oba^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Harmony Gold), thanks to complicated legal issues(again, arigatou, Harmony Gold</sarcasm>). Pretty much anything past Macross 7 is unavailable in the States(at least, not legally). We're pretty much lucky to get the original series, Macross II, and Plus.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2016, 07:35 PM

Seriously?? That's complete BS!! You can't even buy it though like Funimation or Rightstuf Anime??
That makes me really sad because it looks really good. :( Can you watch them out of order? Like, are the seasons separate? Or do they flow together like Sailor Moon or Inuyasha etc.?

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2016, 09:23 PM

Does no one want to talk to me about anime?`Guys, come on! D: I feel so left out.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 07-10-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Seriously?? That's complete BS!! You can't even buy it though like Funimation or Rightstuf Anime??
That makes me really sad because it looks really good. :( Can you watch them out of order? Like, are the seasons separate? Or do they flow together like Sailor Moon or Inuyasha etc.?
To be fair, the Japanese blu-ray release of Delta is going to have an English sub track, so that's something(although one might have to purchase it from Amazon Japan).

All the shows are sequels in some form or another(either they have characters who were in a previous show, or are descended from characters from a previous show), with the exception of Macross Zero, which is a prequel, and Macross II, which is an alternate universe/canon.

---------- Post added 07-10-2016 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
Does no one want to talk to me about anime?`Guys, come on! D: I feel so left out.
Jump in!

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-10-2016, 09:44 AM

TO what? I am not aware of this series you are talking about?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
To be fair, the Japanese blu-ray release of Delta is going to have an English sub track, so that's something(although one might have to purchase it from Amazon Japan).

All the shows are sequels in some form or another(either they have characters who were in a previous show, or are descended from characters from a previous show), with the exception of Macross Zero, which is a prequel, and Macross II, which is an alternate universe/canon.
Ugh - I hate trying to purchase from other countries - it's ridiculously expensive, especially Japan! And with the conversion rate?

That's what I thought - I was hoping I was remembering wrong though lol!
There's a site I was given awhile back that had some OVAs on it that Hulu and Crunchyroll never upload (apparently OVAs and Specials aren't worthy of being released.. ) so I may try to find that site again and watch it that way!
I think Phoenix posted it for me when I was watching something a few months ago - I want to say Yona of the Dawn and something else - I've lost the link now though
Should still be posted though! :D

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 07-10-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
TO what? I am not aware of this series you are talking about?
Wikipedia is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-10-2016, 08:30 PM

I go to two websites to watch anime:

www.Watchanimeonline.to (which now has a DDoS shield in place for some reason)

and www.Kissanime.com

whether they have what you're looking for is a different story since I don't watch the Macross series.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Why would I look up a series I am not interested in, just to join YOUR topic? Doesn't make any sense.
And, I have sort of wanted to watch it, but now that she likes it, it can't be too good...

I never watch anime online. :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I go to two websites to watch anime:

www.Watchanimeonline.to (which now has a DDoS shield in place for some reason)

and www.Kissanime.com

whether they have what you're looking for is a different story since I don't watch the Macross series.
DDoS? I googled it to see what it stood for but I don't quite get what it means - does it kick you off the site after so long or does it like, try to give you viruses now or something?

I think it might have been the watchanime one though - kissanime doesn't look familiar! I'll bookmark them for now though - I probably won't get to Macross for awhile though - but we'll see if they're on it once I get the chance to tackle the series! :D
When they're that long I like to binge everything at once, and I have wayyyy too many series on my plate at the moment to try and tackle that monster xD;

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-10-2016, 11:39 PM

Emma: DDoS is a hacker's tool that will bombard the website with data packets that overload the site to the point where the server goes down for a little bit. It doesn't give you viruses or anything along those lines.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2016, 11:46 PM

Ohhh okay - I was misunderstanding that part then!
That's silly that someone put that on the website though - can a 3rd party do it and not the website host? Could be a rival site that's trying to drive traffic to their site so they can collect on the advertisements maybe?
Good to know it won't bombard with viruses or the like though

EDIT: Oh wait - it says a shield! Meaning to block the DDoS from occurring on the website - totally misread and thought it said system not shield at first lol I get what you mean now - so not silly that the shield is up, but still silly that a program like that exists to do that to websites!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-10-2016, 11:47 PM

what they have in place is to protect it from getting DDoS attacks because people are assholes.