p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM

Maboroshi no Ginzuishou

This play takes place in the Sengoku period of Japan (also known as the Warring States Period or Fuedal Japan). Our story has no technology, no running water, electricity, etc. Remember, this is around the 15th century. Ninjas, monks, princes, princesses, kings, queens, demons, demon slayers, etc. will make up the majority of our population, aside from commoners, farmers, etc.

Our structures (shrines, temples, homes, etc.) are wooden made with thatch or tile roofing and sliding paper doors. There are mostly forested areas, farm lands and mountains. Streams for bathing as well as lakes and the occasional burial ground area or battle field remnants. Streams and lakes are best for bathing, candle light is best for seeing and pillows are best for sitting, since there aren't any chairs yet! Herbs are all we have for medicines and markets are available in villages for fresh fruits and veggies (that would be eaten raw or cooked over a home made fire pit).

Now about our story...

Early in the fifteenth century a precious and priceless artifact, the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou, was stolen from the royal family set to protect it. The Maboroshi no Ginzuishou was said to weild ultimate power and everlasting life to whoever called upon it, be that person good or evil. Unfortunately, evil hands stole the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou and tried to use it for the enslavement of all life on Earth.

A monk who died in the process, was able to summon the power to shatter the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou into hundreds of pieces and scatter them as far apart as he could over the area of feudal Japan. He could have saved himself, but instead used every last ounce of strength to turn the pieces of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou into trinkets and items, unrecognizable to anyone who didn't know what to look for to keep the artifact from coming together and falling into the wrong hands again.

This is where your story begins. Your character can be a commoner who learns of the occurrence, a monk, a priestess, royalty, a ninja, a demon, whatever you like. You can choose whether your character is good or evil or on the fence, but take a look at the characters we already have established and try to make your character diverse. We don't need six monks who can all sense the power of the scattered pieces, understand?

To join, read the rules and then fill out the character skeleton and send it to my personal inbox. Then wait for my reply before posting.

RULES
1. No Godmodding unless given permission.
2. Follow Mene rules and TOS at all times.
3. Romance and violence are encouraged, but keep it PG13.
4. No more characters that can "sense" the pieces of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou.
5. To join PM me with the title "Hooskerdoo".
6. Our players must semi-literate to literate, posting in paragraphs, not just two sentences.
7. You must post at least once every couple of days and commit to a long term play. If you can't, don't join and ruin it for everyone else!

Character skeleton: Remember to PM me your profile and wait for my response to begin!

PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. ANIME PICTURES ONLY NO DESCRIPTIONS[/IMG]
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][FONT=" Garamond "][SIZE="5"][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I am a[color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"] CHOOSE: Monk, priestess, ninja, royalty, demon, other (explain). [/color].

[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] People call me ____. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am ____ years old. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am male/female. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I can ____. (Erase this if your character does not have any special abilities.) [/size]

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
[B][SIZE="4"]‡ My story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1]
Write everything you want us to know about your character here. Ideas: background, mission, scars, likes, hates, etc. 

[/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] 

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 04-15-2013 at 02:52 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM

Character profiles

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Suzume Hamasaki

I am a a commoner, a farmer's daughter.

People call me Suzume.
I am 18 years old.
I am female.
I can sense the peices of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou by the aura that surrounds them.

‡ My story;

My mother died of illness when I was a small child leaving my father to raise and teach me. Of course I learned to cook, clean, sew and take over the other responsibilites my mother left behind. I helped my father in the rice fields, take our food to market, haggle, etc. He even taught me what little karate he picked up from his own father to help defend myself during the times he couldn't be around.

Recently my father gave me my mother's most beautiful kimono and without saying it, implied I take up a job as a local Geisha to help bring in money and even more implied, to become more lady-like to grab the attention of a potential suitor. I have yet to put the kimono on, much to my father's disappointment.

Last week he was called to war. Three days ago a serpent demon destroyed our village and home. There was a strange aura emanating around his right eye that no one else seemed to see. When our village protectors killed the demon, a strange little flower shaped object fell to the ground with the aura still surrounding it. I wasn't questioned when I asked to keep it.

Now with a small pack including what little food I could find, my mother's kimono, and my strange little flower, I aim to travel to the nearest royal village and *sigh* become a Geisha and find a suitor. How else will I survive this crazy world?

Extra: Suzume has a sparrow shaped birthmark on her neck below her left ear. It's the reason her mother named her Suzume though people might assume it was because of her sparrow black hair. She stands at 5'3" with fair skin and hazel eyes that usually look grey.

Quote:
Kry

Kitaru

I am a Tiger demon.

People call me Kitaru.
I am 150 years old.
I am male.
I can smell the pieces of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou, but only if they are very close. I have heightened senses, just like an animal and I can move faster than a human, my agility and dexterity are also greater than that of a humans.

‡ My story;

At a very young age, the demon village in which I lived was raided by a large group of humans claiming to be demon slayers. My mother and father were killed, as were many of our villages warriors, I as well as some other strong young ones were taken and forced into slavery. Humans have always mistreated me, in my eyes, there are no humans that demons shouldn't slaughter.

As I got older, I got stronger, many of the other young demon slaves had already been put down, the humans feared our power. They would capture us, enslave us and then kill us when we got older and find new, younger slaves. When it came time for them to put me down, I killed those I could and made my escape. Years later by some circumstance I learned of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou from a couple of traveling monks, I killed them and took a pendant from one, it had a funny smell and I could assume this was a piece of the item they had been speaking of.

Since then I have tried to learn more of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou, I will use it's power to rid the world of all humans, so we demons can live peacefully. So our villages won't be raided, and our young forced into slavery.

Extra: Kitaru's body holds many scars as evidence of his rough treatment, which he tries to keep covered with bandages. He hates the sight of his scars. He completely distrusts humans, to him, all humans are just cruel creatures that shouldn't exist. Despite the fact that in most other places it is the demons who oppress and terrorize humans. He never removes the pendant that he acquired from the traveling monks, and his left ear is pierced, holding a single golden hoop. A relic from his last master, and a constant reminder of his slavery.

Quote:
Happydeath

Niya Suzuki

I am a cursed human.

People call me Niya if not the wandering spirit.
I am nearing 200 years old.
I am a male.
I can speak to those to who have passed onto the other side. All of my senses are heightened greatly compared to ordinary mortals. I am also able to see the shards of the Mabaoroshi no Ginzuishou as slight blurs only if they aren't in great distance.

‡ My story;

Being born and raised in a small village, both my mother and father had abandoned me as a baby to a group of monks at a temple in the village. The monks had taken care of me as they raised me to grow up and become a monk one day as well. Never really knowing the reason behind who my parents were nor figuring out why they had left me in the care of the monks. I had asked multiple times before to the monks who my parents were, never once did I get an answer from any of them and simply was told that it was something they were going to tell me when I was older. I obviously trusted them.

As I had neared by teenage years, the monks who raised me began to give me lessons on how to defend myself with both sacred enchantments as well as martial arts. I was able to easily excel in all the lessons they gave me as the monks considered me gifted in both martial arts and enchantments. However, as my eighteenth birthday came ever closer. It was unexpected as a large boar-like demon came raging into the small village to destroy everything in it's sights. It demanded the people of the village to give him some type of shard called the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou. During that time, I hadn't been told of it yet so I was deeply confused.

The monks fought with all their might to drive the demon away but in the end all failed to do so. The head monk of the temple had quickly called for me into his main chamber where he had instructed me to take his amesyth ring that he wore and run away with it. He had explained to me about what the maboroshi no ginzuishou was and what power it held. Knowing all too well that the monk was going to be killed, I took the ring and took off away from the village.

The boar demon hadn't wasted anytime to go after me as the head monk stopped it by simply standing in front of it's path and using his own enchantments to stop it. However, that didn't stop the demon from throwing his large blade toward me as I had foolishly turned to look back causing my eyes to be slashed deeply. Due to the pain that surged through me, I couldn't help but scream in pain as the demon had taken that chance to create his own enchantment to place a curse onto me.

It hadn't taken me long but I quickly stood up to my feet and ran off away from the village. Unaware of the curse that had been placed onto me. The curse had not only helped me increase my senses but as well left a deep illness inside of me. Now to this day, I wander the land no longer alive nor dead as I search for the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou to hopefully bring back the monks and rid myself of this terrible curse before it takes my life completely.

Extra: Niya wears white bandages over both his eyes since his eyes are no longer any use to him. Other then his hands and feet, his other weapon is a katana that he had ended up forging out of the bones of a demon and with the help of a blacksmith in a separate village. His eye color underneath the bandages and scar of both his eyes are a turquoise blue.
Quote:
Gemini

Regular form:

Human form:

Demon form:

Hikari

I am a Kitsune samurai.

People call me The Angel of the Blade.
I am 17 years old.
I am female.
I can Shapeshift,create illusions,control fire and wind and see/speak to ghosts.

‡ My story;

17 years ago,a kitsune woman gave birth on a cold autumn night.It was a night that would someday be known as Samhain,or Halloween.The moon was full,and the child was born silent and motionless.The mother,who was only 17 at the time,feared for her baby's life,and used a forbidden spell to breathe life into her daughter.The woman died just as the baby took her first breath.

The baby,of course,was me.My mother's last breath was used to name me,Hikari,after the light of the full moon that shone that night and turned my hair silver.I was raised by my father,who taught me how to use a katana and how to defend myself.My life was pretty much normal-as normal as a demon's life can get while traveling all of japan-until the night of my 13th birthday.

My father gave me but two gifts that night,very special ones.The first was a katana,which he had forged himself specially for me.It would never rust,he told me,and never become dull.The second gift was a choker necklace that had belonged to my mother.He told me it was very special and very powerful,that it had once been a piece of a powerful artifact called "Maboroshi no Ginzuishou" and that I must never take it off.

That night,a group of samurai raided the village my father and I were staying in.To save me,my father disguised me as a boy and sent me running.The samurai killed him that night,but recruited me.I became a samurai,better than all the rest.Even after I revealed myself as a female,I was hailed as a hero.I became somewhat legendary as a female samurai,often referred to as the Angel of the Blade.Now,at seventeen,I still have the katana my father gave me,and I have never removed the choker from my neck.I am a "Rurouni," a wanderer now,and I search for the other pieces of the artifact that my necklace came from.I have become very good at hiding my fox ears and tail.

I have a cross shaped scar on my left cheek,and my choker looks like this:
Note: The symbol means Love

Quote:
Kiyoto

Haru

I am a form of ninja, and keeper of the Black Demon.

People call me many things, but I prefer Haru.
I am sixteen years old.
I am male.
I can manipulate and control forms of ink, weather it be in paints, or in the leads used for writing and such. I am able to bring anything I draw with these things to life, controling the creations with a thought or a word. Any creation I bring to life is a part of me, I can see what it sees and hear what it hears. I am also able to manipulate ink and such in its' raw liquid form, shaping it, hardening and liquifying it as I see fit. My blood itself has seemed to become like ink, in which I can manipulate it as well, and my body quickly heals and repairs itself from wounds. I feel no physical pain at all, so I have no trouble pushing myself or allowing harm to myself to use this ability in battle. However, this does not mean my body does not get exhausted over time. My creations themselves, are vulnerable to water, and to much of it will dilute them, reducing them to a muddy ink puddle. I myself am not bound to this, and as long as I am able to physically touch any form or water or liquid, I can turn it black and into ink. I can also reverse this, pulling it out of water or liquids, so I am most dangerous when fighting around large sources of liquid, but most of the time I have to rely on the ink I cary with me or my blood, but to much blood loss is harmful to me as well, though my body will make more in time. My senses are highened as well on my own, due to the demon within me, and only if my seal is broken, may I take on the form of the demon itself....I have yet to learn control over him however.

The Demon: Haru's demon is refered to as the Black Demon, or the Thousand Tailed Fox. It takes on the form of a massive fox like beast with unlimited tails and red demon eyes. It's body is made up of a black ink like substance, which is always shifting around its' form. It is able to throw off parts of its' body, in order to create minions similar to how Haru does with his drawings, but these are more condensed forms of ink, but the water weakness still applies. It is also able to use its' tails in battle as hands, or hardening them into blades. It absorbs anything that comes into contact with it, and can fire it back at will. The only really solid parts of it's body, is the claws and teeth. It's roar can create a sonic like wave, which will tear up buildings and trees if it hits them, or send men flying and even make ears bleed. It has so far proven itself untamable, and has an unquenchable appetite for blood and killing. It is able to move it's body around quickly, by changing it's body into a rush of ink, twisting around obsticles, and such like trees in a forest for example. It is also able to seep into cracks and such, filling it's victims with ink, drowning them in it. Haru possesses this ability as well, if he has enough ink present, but he hates using it. The ink of it's body is more toxic, and will kill off the land it seeps into, and poison the water it touches. It hates water however, and will attempt to avoid it. The sun also burns it a bit, since it heats up the ink of its body, so it attacks mainly at night.

‡ My story;

Many years ago, a powerful demon attacked a village in a remote part of the world. The beast was deamed undefeatable due to the fact that it's body seemed to be made of a black substance that absorbed all of their weapons, and attacks, turning them right back at them. The villagers were afraid, and the land was whiped out and killed, the black substance sinking into the land. The monks of a nearby temple attempted to seal the monster away, so that it could not harm anyone else. Unfortunatly, the monk who was ment to take on the beast was rejected, and killed instantly. The seal fractured from him, and was taken in instead by a priestess, who was at the time, with child. The monks were horrified, they were afraid of what the demon would do to the priestess, as well as the child. The priestess told them she was honored to be able to help keep her people safe by taking on the burden so no one else would have to, but she also feared for her child's safety. She eventually gave birth to a baby boy. His hair and eyes were both a dark raven black, and the monks feared the worst. His mother could not take the strain, and died during childbirth. Since the seal did not break, it was confirmed that the demon they had sealed, had passed to the young boy.

They carefully placed a seal on the boy, which took the form of a tattoo like appearance on the back of his shoulders. He was watched carefully growing up, and although many of the monks and refugees were cold and distant to him, a man named Hiyato became like a father to him. Hiyato was a young guard of the timple, trained in arts such as that of a ninja and of an assassin. He took the boy under his wing, giving the name 'Haru' to him. He began training him in the arts that he himself had learned, keeping him out of trouble, and giving him a home. Haru was always curious about why some people were always so cold to him, he did not understand. He felt something within him, but never told anyone, it was a dark and cold thing, one that hungered for blood, and at times would give him dark thoughts about killing some of the monks or people. Scared, he confided in Hiyato about these thoughts and feelings, and the guard told him it would be alright, that he was strong, and to keep good thoughts within his head. He left awhile later to go see the grand monks in charge of the temple. Curious, Haru made his way up onto the roof to a small window that was left open. He was horrified at what he heard.

He learned of the beast inside of him, and of why the people were so leery of him. Hearing about the thoughts, many were proposing to lock him up, to keep the monster inside of him from killing. Some even now called Haru the monster himself. He was scared, shaking and worried about what would happen to him. Hiyato stood up for him, telling them they would do no such thing to the boy. He agreed to take full responsibility of Haru, and keep the demon at bay. Haru had only been seven at the time. He shut down, seeing no point in living if all he was was a monster. He stopped eating and stopped talking. He would stay in his room all day, and keep himself closed off. Hiyato tried everything he could, but could not seem to get through to him. This is when he gave him a scroll of paper, a brush and some black ink to attempt to get his feelings out. Left alone, Haru slowly made a line across the paper, staring at it for awhile. He then drew a head, soon making a sort of snake. He lightly ran his hand over the paper, then hid his head in his arms. He did not see the snake on the page begin to move, or peel away from the paper, until it wound itself around his leg. He was shocked, not knowing what had happened. He hid the snake in a box, leaving to the library, where he tried to learn all he could about the demon that had attacked.

He learned about its strange body, how it was similar to that of ink and paint. Haru wondered if because of it inside of him, if he was experiencing some of its abilities. He let the ink snake out, testing his theory, by drawing another. He stared at it, willing it off of the page. Sure enough, it slowly pulled away from the paper, and intertwined with the other, leaving the page clean, as if it had never been there. He was not afraid, it felt somehow right and natural to him in many ways. He slowly began to become more active, training with Hiyato again, while sneaking off in his free time, to practice his art and his work with the ink beasts. Over time, he became an exceptional artist, and was freely able to summon the beasts he drew at will, and controlled them with a thought or command. He was happy when he was drawing, and Hiyato soon gave him a sketchbook and allowed him to fill it with his thoughts. One night however, a group of beings from out in the world infultrated the grounds. They had herd of Haru, the one with the demon inside of him, and were afraid of his power. They wanted to kill him before he became corrupt. Hiyato and the other guards fought to protect him and the other members of the temple, Hiyato injured. One of the assailents went to finish him off, when Haru moved in the way. He was stabbed through the stomach with their sword. For a moment, he thought that he was bleeding, but the blood itself was black. It did not hurt at all either, and the assailent was horrified when he was still standing.

He pulled the sword out, and slowly Haru's wound healed itself, the black blood creating stitching like patterns and then closing as if it had never been there. There was no scar or anything. The men were scared beyond what they had been, and fled. Hiyato was taken into the temple to be taken care of. All avoided Haru after what had just happened. They were shocked and more scared of him. He looked at the black blood after the others left, it resembled ink in a way. Touching it, he raised his fingers. Surprisingly, the ink like blood followed his movements, raising into the air and allowing him to move it freely. As Hiyato recooperated, he began attempting to learn more about his abilities, discovering more and more of them as he kept up his training. He knew the people were afraid of him and hated him, but it no longer mattered to him. He had decided his reason for living, was to protect Hiyato, and to do so, he needed to get stronger. He pushed himself to his limits and beyond, at age fourteen becoming the youngest to ever join the temple's guardians. Hiyato never wanted that life for him, but when he was fighting and pushing himself was the only time he began feeling alive and like someone. All other's, he felt hollow and emotionless. Hiyato saw the signs in him and the changes, not liking what was happening to him at all. From such a young age, basically birth, he had been surrounded by blood, death, loss and people hating him. Nothing but sadness and darkness seemed to be in his life.

Haru insisted Hiyato was his light, and would only smile for him for real. All other times, Hiyato knew he put on a facade, acting happy and such dispite the pain and suffering he was feeling inside. He would always give a fake smile, that Hiyato would see right through in an instant. Then, at fifteen, their worst fears were realized. A dark demon infultrated the temple, looking for one of the shards, and it was revealed that the monks had been guarding it ever since the attack of the demon sealed within Haru. The guards attacked, to protect the temple, but the demon seemed to know to much. Haru entered the fight, and the demon seemed surprised at him, but was even more happy to feel the demon's presence within him. Hiyato tried to get him to pull back, but it was to late. The demon forced his power through Sai, cracking the seal. This allowed the demon to fill Haru's mind, and take control. His body changed, taking on the form of the demon inside. The people ran and screamed in fear, Haru losing control, could not stop himself. He killed most of the refugees and the monks, even the guards as well. He badly hurt Hiyato, who was attempting to get through to him. When morning rose, the sun on the dark demon burned a bit, and he had exhausted himself enough to where he passed out and returned to normal. By this time, the demon who had been the cause, had taken the shard and ran. Haru awoke to a dark and greusome sight. He was horrified at what he had done, finding Hiyato barley alive.

He did his best to take care of those who were alive, taking them to the nearest village for aid. He was helped by the priests there, healing the seal on him the best that they could. Afraid to stick around, he left them there, and became a wanderer. He became eventually over the next year, a guard and assassin for hire, since he had lost all emotions from the shock over his life. He felt niether pain nor sorrow, having no problem killing. He lost all happiness, but continued to keep up his facade. He kept his distance, never staying in one place for long, and never allowing himself to get close to people, or letting them in. He refused to talk of himself or his past, but rumors of the ink demon continued to spread across the land. He was very well aware of Hiyato and the other guards being sent out to hunt him down, under the orders of bringing him back willingly or by force, but never gave them the opportunity of getting close enough to find him. He continues to now feel the demon inside of him more and more, its presence and its push against him, but keeps it at bay. His targets consist only of men, he refuses to kill women or children, and they have to deserve it in some way. He knows it is not the life Hiyato wants for him, though he finds it as his only option, not able to go back home after all he has done. He is haunted badly by dreams of his past and by dreams of the demon, in which it will take over, and he kills all. He understands the burden is his, and has come to accept it as his mother has, thankful it rather be him then someone else.

Quote:
Kiyoto

Chi Oni

I am a Blood Bender, who is fused with demonic blood .

People call me a monster, but I prefer Chi.
I am seventeen years old.
I am male.
I can control the blood in my body at will, moving it with my mind, and liquifying it or solidifying it at will into various forms. I am able to infect others with my blood, which allows me to take control of their bodies like my puppets, by controling their blood. I can control any blood that has been infected with my blood, in and out of another person the same way as I do my own, through this tallent. I have demonic energy within me, due to the demon within my body. He allows me to fuse my blood attacks with a black demonic energy, as well as use it in blasts, bolts, etc, or to power up my physical attacks and body. Unfortunatly, at times he is able to take control of my body through my blood, since that is where he resides, fused with my heart. My body heals from physical wounds faster then normal beings, and my speed, flexability and agility are heightened as well. I am also more durable and have better stamina. I am able to hear him in my head, as well as give him a tangable form through my blood, but he has to stay connected to me in some way, since he is fused with my heart. He is able to act on his own when he is in tangable form, aiding me in battle, by using his energy, or lashing out physically. He also usually focuses on infecting those I am fighting. I feed of off other's blood, able to absorb it into my body. When I do, it makes me more powerful, and I absorb attributes baised on whoever was the owner of the blood. I can regenerate parts of my body, but it takes time and is very painful, so I try to avoid having to do so.

‡ My story;

In older times, blood bending was considered a forbidden and demonic art. It is uncertain for sure, how the human clans came to posess this tallent but they were considered a threat to others within the world. Over the years, they were hunted down and wiped out, or so they thought. Rumors of a boy have begun to spread through the land, who posessess powerful tallent in blood bending, but there is more to him then meets the eyes. It is said that as a child, he was infected with a demon's blood, and is now cursed with the demon's presence within him. Little else is known about him, for those who have gone to hunt or confront him, never seem to return. It is rumored that the demon within, is driving him after the shards for unknown reasons, and people fear what will happen if he obtains them. They already have one shard, using it as a necklace around his neck, which make them a powerful threat. No one knows his real name, so he is called Chi Oni, which means "Blood Demon".

Quote:
Kiyoto

Raven

I am a Sukaikīpā.

People call me Raven.
I am ninteen years old.
I am male.
I can sprout and retract a pair of black wings on command. My speed, agility and senses are heightened, as well as my strength and stamina. I have natural retractable talon claws and my natural tail. My skeletal system and headplate, are almost unbreakable, as well as very light and flexable. Able to speak with and understand animals, as well as the natural world around me. Due to my third eye, I am able to sense changes within energy around me, both from beings, nature and supernatural, as well as see through darkness. I am able to manipulate air. I am able to use feathers as well, typically from my wings, sharpening them at will like knives and using them as projectiles or a shield if needed.

‡ My story;

Raven comes from a long line of avian beings known as the Sukaikīpā or "Sky Keepers". They have been guardians of nature and its creatures for centuries, until man began to rise. Much of the land began to be cultivated and developed by the growing mass of man and many were careless and destructive with the land and animals around them, taking what they wanted with little reguard for the concequences. As the guardians, the Sukaikīpā have always shared a sacred bond and communication with nature and the world around them and feeling the pain from the land angered them. Many tried to reason with man, who justified it as their need to survive, but many Sukaikīpā argued they were taking more then they needed and left the land barren and scared with giving nothing in return. The elders saw and noted both sides, man was rising and had yet to learn its harmony with the world, they wished to teach them, to work with them. A Sukaikīpā by the name of Tidas saw it differently though. He saw man as a parasite, something that needed to be stopped before they could damage the world permanently beyond repair and help.

Many worriors saw his way and joined him, but many also saw the way of the elders as well. The Sukaikīpā were normally a peaceful race, dispite their appearance and natural skill and building for battle until this and it was rumored that Tidas had been dealing with demons and dark beings who sought power. Tidas led an army of these followers and dark beings, which is known as the war of Tempest, one of the first in man's time. The true story of the war has faded over time, but it is believed that the elders and the Sukaikīpā fought against Tidas and his army alongside man, to protect them. After this war however the race had taken a dire hit. The Sukaikīpā had always been hunted, by demons and many other races, for their feathers, bones, arts and more. It is unclear to many what truly happened, but the race in its entierty suddenly vanished. Their home in the northern mountains dissappeared, all trace of them vanished from the earth. After awhile, the Sukaikīpā and the Tempest war became a legend, to a myth, along with the Sukaikīpā themselves. Stories about the avian people are still told, mainly by shamans or elders and especially to children. Rumors about them still doing their jobs as guardians in secret are passed around, but no one has seen one since they vanished. It is believed that their feathers grant luck and prosperity and catching one or saving one will place it in your service for life. Many other rumors and such circle around them, but have never been proven since none have ever seen one in years.

The Sukaikīpā Have talon like claws, as well as a long tail, that can be used as a weapon or as an extra arm. The male's faces are typically covered by a plate like mask made out of bone that is nearly unbreakable like most their bones, even though they are practically weightless and easy to manuver, as well as flexable. This is due to the male's being the worriors most of the time. They have one weakspot on their heads, being their third eye, which is sensitive to lights as well. It is usually closed and protected by the plate though, but is tied to their more spiritual powers.Their senses are naturally heighted, as well as their speed and strenght and as avians, they possess the power of flight. Other abilities are unique to the avian and typically can range. Much else of the race has always been shrouded in mystery.

Extra: Raven himself typically hates speaking about himself or his people. He seeks to find a place for himself in the world, as well as his own destiny. He seeks the shards, merely to keep them out of the wrong hands, but has no personal desire for them, seeing how they have corrupted many. He hopes though, that in the right hands, they may be used to heal the damage done to nature and the earth. He stands at an easy six feet tall, his natural skin typically has a slight gray look to it, but most of his body is covered in a light layer of black leather like armor that is tougher than his natural skin. He is able to shed this at will and it typically grows painlessly back within a day. His eyes are a rare orange like color, which seem to glow at time in the light or at night. His hair is white and is very soft like down from a bird. His feathers from his wings are this way as well.

Quote:
perfect.imperfection

Sayuri Diwata

I am a priestess.

People call me Sayuri.
I am 18 years old.
I am female.
I can manifest my spiritual power and give it a physical form; i.e a ball of energy, coat a weapon with holy energy, etc. It took many years of practice to be able to do so, and once I had master it I was sent on the takes to try and prevent any of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou pieces from falling into the wrong hands. With the intensive training that I’ve received since a very early age my sense are heighten considerably. Though I cannot sense the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou pieces directly, I’ve become familiar with any kind of disturbance that it causes in the aura in the area. The anklet that I wear allows me to cleanse any area that have been affected by any demonic presence, mainly the effects of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou. That explains why I’m always barefoot, I have such a very strong bound with mother earth. I’m a skilled warrior so this task that has been given to me by my elders will be quite easy, I hope.

‡ My story;

Abandonded at the front gates of the monastery wrapped only in a blanket and holding on to an anklet with a bell attached, Sayuri Diwata was discovered by the only female present at the monastery. The woman was the high priestess of the village and together with the high priest trained monk, priest and priestess alike to help the battle against the evils that plagued the land. The two decided to take in the baby girl and made her their adoptive daughter and planned to raise her like a normal child. However Sayuri natural potential began to blossom at the early age of 1 and neither of her adoptive parents could deny that she had power. So they began to train her and teacher her the ways of the priestess.

Today, like the stereotypical priestess, Sayuri is a master at archery. However growing up in a monastery meant for warrior monks she was trained not only spiritually but also physically. The threat of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou had been quite vast and priests and priestesses a like were trying desperately to protect from the forces of evil. Having made holy weapon to defend against the evil many at the monastery had varying weapons. Sayuri took quite quickly to dual blades, which often times she allows her spiritual energy to coat it, purifying anything that the blade comes in contact with. Her healing abilities are beyond compare, seeing as she was one out of two woman there, and as you know boys like to play ruff.

She is determined to fulfill her parents’ wishes of prevent the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou into the wrong hands. However little did she know that the little trinket that she held when she first arrived at the monastery, one that she wears on her anklet today, contained a piece of said item. Unbeknownst to her, the trinket channels her natural ability and increases it tenfold.

Straying from her history, Sayuri has likes and dislikes as well. The list of her likes can be started off with fortune telling, water ((meditating under a waterfall is by far her favorite thing in the world)), eating. Some of her dislikes include intolerance, manipulative demons, dark caves.

Quote:
perfect.imperfection

Laine

I am a fake Kami, but not for long .

People call me Kami
I am unsure of how old I am.
I am female.
I have the powers of a full-fledged Goddess. I control the element water and can bring destruction and chaos to all those who defy me. Need I say more about how powerful I am? I am a God how hard can that be to understand?

‡ My story;

She had been a koi fish water spirit of a fresh water lake who had grown jealous of the goddess who resided in the lake. The power, the beautiful humanoid form, the many people worshiping her every day and night, yet the goddess found no pleasure in any of it. The fact drove her mad; she deserves that spot then if the actual kami didn’t find joy in the perks she got! So she tricked the goddess and had sealed her into a gigantic clam, and took the goddess’ trident and all the power of a kami flowed through her body for the first time. From then one she was the kami of the lake, she decided the fate of the villages that surround her lake, and she would enjoy the power and benefits of being a kami.

However in the back of her mind she knows that she isn’t the true Kami, and that is why she seeks out the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou. She intends to use it to become the rightful Kami of the lake and retain all the perks she has now.
Quote:
Velvet

Kyra

I am a Spectre - A spirit like being.

People call me Souruītā ( Soul Eater), for that's all they know of me.
I am unknown to how many years old I am.
I am female.
I can manipulate the shadows and become one with them. My ability will cause me to transform into a black fog that blends completely in with any darkness.
I have the ability to change my appearance at will.
I can also manipulate light in harmless ways - illusions is another way to think of this power.
And my last power requires me to be in shadow form. It is why I am known as Souruītā. While in shadow form, I can physically enter the body of any living creature (though I only use this on men) through an opening (a wound, the mouth, ect) and devour their insides from the inside. It can be... gruesome, but I have to feed if I want to keep my powers.

‡ My story;

Family: None

History/Background/Personality: Kyra is an odd sort of creature. She may appear human, but she is far from being so. She possesses powers that go far beyond the imagination of the humans, though they do imagine her with fear. The humans that live in the town by the forest she inhabits tell stories of her terrors and her "habits". Though there is a bounty on her head, none can kill her. Not completely. She is an immortal soul that seems to linger to cause harm. Kyra doesn't necessarily see it that way, however. She purges the town of many evil doers, but from time to time, she does slip up.

What is she? Kyra herself doesn't fully understand how she came to be, nor does she know how she came to obtain the powers that she has. Both light and dark, she truly is an enigma. The mortals spread the tales of her whereabouts in the forests and some courageous men will attempt to spot her from time to time, but what happens to them, no one is really sure of. Kyra does have many secrets.

The rumors of where she resides in the forests are almost accurate. Her favorite part of the forest is located deep within winding vines, old trees and past a dangerous creatures and mysterious fogs. A gorgeous, large lake is where she often lurks, though she often is invisible to the eye, unless she actually wants to be seen. Kyra does understand why there are more stories of her terror than of her good deeds, for she retains her beauty and her powers through souls and blood. She is known to create nasty messes for all to see.

Favorites: The souls of men, the lake at which she resides, and bathing nude in the moonlight. She protects the forest the lake is in. Men who are there to cause harm any living creature or to destroy any part of the forest will not live to see another day.

Note: Kyra is neither good nor evil, though many villagers would consider her dark and dangerous.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 07-24-2013 at 02:27 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM

A soft sigh escaped Suzume's rose colored lips. She'd been traveling for just a day now and already she was wondering if she shouldn't have just stayed and helped her village. No, she was doing what her father expected of her. His close friend and cousin took over caring for the rice field and, should her father return which was unlikely, he would stay there until he could rebuild.

She wore a pair of loose fitting and very comfortable wrap style pants and a white long sleeved shirt tucked into them. The cotton clothes kept her from being sunburned but didn't over heat her and were very comfortable for the journey. Her long sparrow black hair was pulled away from her face in a ribbon, although her bangs continued to hang just above her dark grey eyes.

It was mid morning, around 65 degrees and the air was crisp, as it always was, especially this close to the mountains. There was green everywhere, all around her; the grass, the hills, the trees and plants that were all so abundant. She reached up to hold the small flower that had fallen from the serpent that she'd made into a necklace. It was quite beautiful after all, and though no one else could see the strange aura, Suzume found that it gave the thing an enchanting feel.

Maybe it really was enchanted or something. She gave herself a little giggle and tucked the necklace into her shirt. She imagined what her father would have said had she told him such a thing. Suzume, you need to get your head out of the clouds. Always thinking there's some kind of hidden magic around or enchanted trinkets. You're always trying to find the best in everything and the world just isn't so great, Suzume. It's an evil and crazy place, and you need to start living in it. Settle down, have some babies... Suzume sighed again as a gentle breeze picked up, rustling the trees over head. She stopped to look up and enjoy the sound and the feel of the wind on her skin.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 04-04-2013 at 07:08 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Kitaru had been dozing high in the branches of a tree not to far from the road. The road where he had waylaid many a human traveler, to end their life, steal their food, and see if they had any of those objects that smelled like the one he had taken some time ago from two monks. It was hard to track those pieces down, the scent of them didn't carry far and he had to be very close to get that scent. The scent of a human, however, did carry pretty far.

Golden eyes slid open rather lazily as the tiger demon looked around for a moment, those eyes narrowing as he slipped quietly from the tree. Only his dark blue hakama pants and shirt rustling slightly. The clothing was a little to big for him, but it was better than the rags he had once worn, the pants held up by a rope tied about his waist, and slowly he crept to the edge of the treeline that bordered the road. A girl had stopped and she seemed to be enjoying the breeze, her eyes were on the sky or perhaps over hanging branches. Kitaru had destroyed many humans on this road, he wasn't about to stop now.

Muscles tensed, and ready, without a sound the tiger demon pounced on the girl, mid pounce the scent hit him. Another piece. His hands were on the girl's shoulders and he had come from somewhat in front of her, so when he pounced he would push her down on her back and straddle her hips. With her on the ground, he stuck his face against her chest, sniffing for that scent. It had come from somewhere around there. Then he found it, the necklace around her neck. He didn't hesitate, he grabbed it and yanked to pull the necklace free, while he raised his other hand to cut open her throat with the sharp fingernail like claws there.

][Okay. Now I gotta go to work.][

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM

Something caught Suzume's attention from the corner of her eye and she looked down just in time to see someone with long pale hair lunge at her. She felt hands on her shoulders and all in the same moment she was on the ground on her back. "Hey!" she exclaimed more angry than scared, and then his face was in her chest. Her cheeks turned a crimson red and not even realizing that he'd grabbed a hold of her necklace she grabbed for her bag and with all her strength swung the thing at her attacker's head.

It would certainly make contact, there was no question about that. Suzume sat up angrily and clutched the bag in front of her chest, cheeks still beet red. "Who do you think you are just jumping helpless women out in the middle of nowhere you creep!?" Suzume held her bag tight, ready to swing again if she needed to, and then she saw it, the aura at his chest. It was a different color from hers. Her's glowed a pure white color, though it had been dark red while in the serpent's possession, and his was more of a pink, maybe a light red.

Her anger faded and she blinked owlishy at his over-sized shirt. There didn't appear to be anything there. She pointed at the spot. "You're glowing," she said more to herself than to him, "Just like the demon serpent in the village." Suzume's eyes were locked on the pinkish colored aura. Did this, creepy pervert, have something to do with the serpent in her village? No, that wasn't likely, was it? No it must be something else. She cocked her head to the side and rested her head on her hand in deep thought.

((So, I made the assumption that his pendant was tucked in, and that her hitting him would have deterred him, Kry. If you want me to change something just let me know!))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM

][I'm so gonna be late. >.< definitely going after this one. ][

He had growled softly, but the blow had caught him off guard. He had been to intent on getting her necklace before killing her, when he should have concentrated on killing her and taking the thing from her corpse. The blow knocked him away, but he also got her own pendant, tugging it loose as he moved with the momentum of the blow to the side of his head. He landed in a crouch only a foot or so away from her, semi-triumphant. Her piece was clutched tightly in his right hand now, and he readied to attack her again, this time to rob her of her life.

Her words stopped him. Ears twitched almost cutely as he tilted his head to the side for a moment before looking down at himself with confusion. "Glowing?" He wasn't glowing, as far as he could tell, she was trying to distract him. That golden eyed gaze snapped back up to her, but maybe she had hit her head really hard when he had made her fall, so she was just seeing things. Not once did it occur to him that his own pendant was giving off the glow. He couldn't see it, he could only smell the things, but only close. He brought her own piece to his nose for a moment and sniffed at it gingerly. It was definitely what he was looking for.

"Now you die, human!" He lunged at her again.

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 PM

Wandering down a small dirt path while surrounded by a thick forest of bamboo, Niya had stared down at the ring he was given about a year ago by the monks who raised him. Within the ring was indeed the shard the demon boar had came after when it had attacked the village. Clenching his fist as he dug his nails into his own palm, Niya began to remember the day of the demon's attack. It had already been near a year ago since he left the village but yet the scar upon his eyes and his emotional pain still felt as though it were just yesterday. Slowly lifting his hand up toward the bandages that covered his eyes as he continued to make his way through the bamboo forest, a slight surge of pain came through his body as he flinched.

By the time he had removed his hand away from the bandages, Niya had finally come to a halt as he turned his attention back and forth to find somewhere he could come to a rest. Even being blind, he was easily able to see everything around him as though he still had his vision. It had only taken him a matter of minutes for him to find a small rock as he stepped over toward it and sat down with his back against it. A deep sigh escaping from his lips as Niya had reached to the back of his head to begin untying the bandages. Once they had came off, the touch of the bandages were completely drenched there was doubt in his mind that the reason to why they were wet wasn't because of sweat but rather blood. Tilting his head back against the rock as Niya stared up toward the endless sky, he slowly tried to reopen his eyes for the first time in a year. Lifting his left eye first just barely as soon as the sunlight and cool breeze of the air had entered into his eye socket, he immediately shut both his eyes tightly. It still wasn't time yet, the pain was still too great and even with reopening his eyes nothing was able to be seen but complete darkness.

Biting down onto his lower lip, he had thrown the old bandages to the side and ripped off a piece of his white robe on where one of the sleeves were. Wrapping the new cloth over both his eyes carefully, a soft sigh of content came from his lips as he helped himself back up to his feet. "Time to keep going." Were the only words that came from him as he began to continue his way out of the large forest.

[nerd]
Resident Vampire

Old 04-05-2013, 01:56 AM

[I'm going to post. I talked to Kya already about making a profile but I am going to be playing expendable demons and other random temporary characters to move the story along!!!]

The beast was watching the pair, hidden in the thick of the trees. The tiger demon held two pieces of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou which was what he had been sent to find. Without so much as a warning growl or anything of the like the four armed demon sprang from his place in the forest toward the two knocking the tiger demon away from the dark haired female. Razor sharp claws dug into the ground pulling up dirt and grass as they propelled him towards the tiger demon and the pendants he was after. He reached out with two clawed arms to slice at the tiger demon with a razor sharp toothed smile.

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile in another part of the forest a similar beast stalked a man with light colored hair and bandages over his eyes. He smelled of a piece of the Mabo. A low pleased growl emitted from the demon as he stepped out of hiding. This weak man with bandages over his eyes would be a sinch to exterminate he lunged forwards toward the man claws first.

[I hope this is ok. That way you guys have something to do to get more pieces. I talked to Kya and all of my demons will have pieces of the MNG in them to take.]

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 AM

Suzume was still in deep thought when the pale haired man's ears twitched. For the first time she really realized he truly was a demon. Like the one from her village? She was about to whack him with her bag again to take back her necklace when he yelled for her to die, taking another attacking stance.

Finally she realized the seriousness of the situation and gasped, grey eyes widening. She opened her mouth to scream for help just as the demon was knocked away from her. Thank goodness! She turned towards her savior to let out another gasp It was a demon, and it was hideous!

But there, in one of his four arms, an aura... The color was a deep red. "What is that glowing in your arm?" she asked of it, unaware that it probably wouldn't respond to her even if it spoke. Suzume was unsure whether to think well of this demon or not. He didn't look at all like a pleasant creature, but then again it had saved her.

In the next moment it was lunging for the pale haired man again. "Watch out!" she screamed automatically. As always, no matter how bad the person, Suzume would care for his well being. Surely he had good in him somewhere, both demons did, she was sure of it.

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 04-05-2013, 02:20 AM

Continuing on his way out of the thick bamboo forest Niya couldn't seem to rid his mind off the thoughts of the day he lost his sight and his home village. It had only taken him a matter of moments as he began to hum a little tune to himself to help his mind come to an ease. The tune he hummed was one that the monks had hummed for him to sleep when he was nothing more then a baby that had trouble sleeping at night. Unaware about the demon that lurked within the darkness of the forest. It had only taken him about another minute or so for him to finally find an exit to the forest as he stopped right on the outside of where the bamboo covered everything. Taking in a deep breath and exhaling it back out, that had left him wide open to the attack that the demon came lunging out at him from the shadows of the bamboo.

Once turning to the side to take a look at who was coming toward him, a light scratch was all that was given to Niya as he was able to dodge most of the claws of the demon. Lifting a single hand over his cheek only to end up feeling a small cut on his face, he directed his attention toward the monster before him. "What the hell are you doing? What did I do?" It was already more then obvious that this demon was most likely after the shards that Niya carried within the ring. However, he was never the type to randomly start attacking others til he figured out if what his hypothesis of the situation was correct. Leaving his stance the same as it was while he was walking, Niya remained standing completely still in front of the threat as he awaited a response.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-05-2013, 02:41 AM

Foolishly he had let himself concentrate only on the human. The other demon had taken him by surprise and knocked him out of the air as he was in mid leap towards the human. Kitaru snarled, rolling as he hit the ground to come up in another crouch. Those golden eyes narrowed, and his tail thrashed angrily behind him. This other demon was fast, and Kitaru didn't know why it was attacking him, but reasons weren't important. It had attacked him, so now it would die, then he would take care of the human. When the human spoke about the demon's glowing arm, Kitaru blinked, looking the other demon over. There was nothing glowing there, but he was sure he had picked up a whiff of something familiar when the demon had knocked him away moments ago. The same scent that hovered around his pendant and the one he'd stolen from the girl.

He didn't have much time to think, the girl was yelling for him to watch out, and the demon was lunging at him. Kitaru moved, not quite fast enough, he jumped back to avoid those claws and winced and hissed when those claws tore through the front of his shirt. The tips of those claws cutting into his flesh, if he hadn't moved, the cuts would have been deeper. Kitaru jumped backwards again, putting some distance between him and the demon. It would be hard to fight one handed, but the tiger had no intention of letting go of the necklace he'd just stolen. He clutched it tightly in his right hand and moved in for an attack. He was sure he could move faster than the other demon, as long as he paid attention and didn't get distracted again. Using the sharp fingernails of his left hand like claws, Kitaru intended to move quickly enough and slip in close enough to cut the demons throat open.

[nerd]
Resident Vampire

Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 AM

The demon watched Niya with a wicked smiled and it would become evident to the man that the demon would not respond to him. Instead he merely smiled a wicked razor sharp toothed smile at Niya and lunged again.

[I am really only making these characters to keep the story interesting so everyone can god mod them as they please. Make them do whatever you want I'm only here to make them do something when nothing else is happening. ^^]

--------------------------------

The demon watched the man for a moment almost forgetting about the girl completely but he would not be disposed of so easily. No. The shard in his arm would ensure that he would not be killed without a decent fight. He dodged the attack easily and struck out at the necklaces in his grasp intending to remove the mans hand entirely to get them.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 AM

So the creature was after their pendants? But why? And why did a spot on him glow like the pendants? The creature's glow seemed to come from within him, like the serpent who destroyed her village. When the serpent was killed, the pendent had fallen out of him onto the ground. Were these 'enchanted' things controlling these demons? They had to be!

Suzume reached for a nearby rock and threw it at the creature. It hit him square in the back of the head. When he turned toward her, she threw another rock and missed. Quickly she grabbed for another and threw it wildly, not even aiming.

The sharp rock pierced the creature's skin, exactly where the aura emitted. He let out an awful screech and an object fell to the ground between them, glowing a glow only she could see. She reached for it, it was a hair barrette. Of all the strange things... she thought. Suzume picked it up and immediately the aura changed from a deep red to white, just like the flower pendent had.

In the next moment, the creature seemed to combust into an ashy powder, and like that, the wind swept him away. "How strange," she muttered at the barrette, "It's the objects that glow, not the demons themselves." She was talking to herself, trying to make sense of the situation.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 04-05-2013, 03:44 AM

Watching the large demon before him as it stood towering over him from a simple few feet away from Niya. He clenched down onto his fist as he awaited an answer to the demand that Niya had given him. As expected from any ordinary demon whose mind was based on nothing more then simply trying to get the shards of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou as well as trying to kill anything and everything in it's sight, the demon hadn't bothered to say a single word in response. Slowly, he had reached for the back of his head to once more untie the bandages that covered his eyes. Knowing all too well that this battle was going to create blood most likely splattering, Niya hadn't wanted his bandages to become drenched in blood right after he had just changed them. "Figures you wouldn't say anything.." Were the only words that came from his lips as he began to focus more onto his senses once more. Originally, Niya would only concentrate his senses on the necessary things that he needed to walk around and see people as well as smelling. As for his other senses, he would always keep them on guard but only to a point that wasn't going to endanger him with his own illness.

As Niya began to focus more onto his senses, without so much as a moment later he had began to cough violently into one of his hands. As expected, blood had came from his lips and onto his palm as he tucked away his bandages into his robe. 'I have to finish this battle quickly..' he had mentally told himself before noticing as how the demon was rushing forward for a second lunge. However, as it came ever closer toward him Niya was able to see what seemed to be a strange glowing blur within the demon. 'A shard..?' were the only thoughts he was able to get through before the demon lunged forward his sharp claws toward him.

Quickly enough, Niya had jumped backwards only about a foot or so just enough to get out of the reach of the demon's attack. Taking the opportunity he had gotten, he had reached out with a single hand to grab onto the wrist of the demon's claw. With his own enhanced strength, he had began to squeeze the demon's wrist in his grip tightly. "Answer me...why are you after these shards so badly?..." Most of the reason he would expect from the demon and all other demons was that they wished to become the strongest. However, if it were had been a better cause Niya would've most likely let the demon go. Even though a demon was the cause of the death to the monks and village Niya once lived happily at, he was taught by the monks already that no one; even demons didn't deserve death if their reason for living was true and just.

As usual, expected from the demon who wouldn't answer him the first time. It seemed to refuse to answer once more as the sense of another attack was easily noticed to Niya. A soft sigh came from his lips as he had reached out to grab a hold of the demon's other wrist only to end up pulling them forward toward Niya, to follow he had ended up pressing a single foot against the demon's chest as he began to pull onto the arms ever more violently til both of them had finally cracked. "My apologies.." Were the last words that came from Niya as he pointed forward toward the demon's chest only to end up piercing through it's chest with his own bare hand to reach for the shard that was within it. Grabbing a hold of the shard, he stared down at the demon as laid on the floor with a large gaping hole in it's chest. It's blood covered on Niya's hand, the shard soon turned a soft whitened color as he turned to look down at the ring the monk had given him. "So thats whats in there?.." he whispered silently to himself before venturing on away from the demonic corpse.

Last edited by happydeath; 04-05-2013 at 03:52 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 AM

Kitaru was too close to the demon to be able to effectively dodge the swipe that nearly took his hand off, the demon's claws bit deep into Kitaru's wrist, slicing away the bandages there that hid previous scars and causing his fingers to spasm as muscle and tendons were cut. The girl's necklace dropped from his grasp and he had gasped lightly at the pain that exploded up his arm from the cut. Then the monster seemed very distracted, Kitaru snatched the fallen necklace up with his left hand, watching as the human threw some more rocks at the demon. Once the piece was out of the demon, the demon just ceased to exist.

Golden eyes watched the human and eyed the piece in her hand. A clasp for hair, definitely a girl accessory, but that didn't matter. He had to have that one as well, Kitaru was about to lunge at the girl, to take this new piece from her when his right hand twitched and spasmed painfully. He gasped lightly and winced. Still he could probably take the girl on, such wounds weren't enough to give a human an advantage over him. Still, he was hurting and tired of fighting. "Give me that, and I'll let you live." He tried to sound threatening.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-05-2013, 04:13 AM

"Huh?" Suzume was pulled from her thoughts as she looked to the pale haired man. Her eyes narrowed. "Now you listen here!" she started angrily, not fearing her safety the way any normal person would. She was on her feet, glaring and waving her finger angrily when she noticed his wounds and the fact that he didn't seem to be doing so well.

Immediately her anger was gone and she felt sorry for the guy, even though he'd stolen her pendent and was threatening to kill her. He must have needed the pendent badly. Maybe he needed to trade it for food, maybe he was only homeless and hungry. And there she was making excuses for people again and trying to see the best in them.

"Here," she said, pushing him lightly as if to instruct him to sit. She grabbed her pack and opened it up, finding bandages almost immediately. She fumbled for a homemade healing wax in a canvas wrap and set the things on the ground. Without asking for his permission or hesitating, she used a cloth to dab at his wounds. If he remained still, she would carefully apply the wax and bandages.

After a moment she finally asked him, "What is it you want with my pendent?" She was very curious. "Do you want it because it's enchanted?" She wondered if he could tell that there was something different about it. "Could you see the glowing?" she asked after a moment, finally looking for something in his golden eyes. He certainly was a strange looking person with those ears, and that tail... she couldn't fight the urge to smile. He was kind of cute, like some kind of part kitten person...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 AM

Kitaru had flinched when the human started in angrily at him. Blinking with surprise as her anger seemed to melt away, he wasn't sure why all her anger seemed to vanish. His grip around her pendant tightened as she approached him, his body tensing a bit and he flinched far more violently at her light touch than he had at the painful demon's claws ripping into him. What was she trying to do to him? Now his gaze was full of suspicion as he watched her, he hadn't realized that he'd sat down until she started to try to tend to his wounds. Kitaru pulled back with a hiss, but his curiosity and uncertainty kept him from actually moving away from her.

She was tending to his wounds and that confused him. One of his ears seemed to tilt down a bit while the other stood, and he tilted his head to the side. Looking much like a very confused cat. His lips parted, to ask her why she was doing this thing, but she spoke before him and he only nodded slightly, wondering if the girl truly knew what these things were and the potential they had. It didn't seem like she did. Kitaru didn't answer her first question, she didn't need to know why he wanted these things, but he did answer the second question. "They don't glow, they have a funny scent." He watched her warily, mistrust clear in those golden eyes.

Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 04-05-2013, 04:27 AM

It had been a calm day for Nao so far. He had stayed relatively close to some mountains for the past few days, not really knowing where else to go. Now, the small, silver-blue haired boy was simply walking along a small dirt path, surrounded by a forest of bamboo trees. It was strange, he usually knew exactly where to go, and where he wanted to go, because of the visions he got, but lately, the visions were either completely unclear, or he just didn't have any--even when he concentrated really hard. With a soft sigh, Nao continued walking, dragging his feet in the dirt, and fiddling with the end of his sword. Then, his ears perked up at a sound. It sounded like a...fight? He could sense one demon, and one...something. Nao wasn't quite sure what it was. It seemed human, but at the same time, it seemed as though that "human" was older than Nao himself.

Greatly intrigued by this, Nao began to run towards the sound of the fight. When he got to the point, he hid behind a tree, making sure not to make any noise and to stay unseen while the tremendous fight was happening. He saw a large, hideous demon, and then a man with white hair and a bandage over his eyes.

Nao continued to watch the fight, completely awestruck at how both of the opponents fought. Nao himself wasn't much of a fighter. He only fought when he had to defend himself, and even then he found it hard. It wasn't that he was incapable of fighting, it was simply the fact that he just didn't like hurting others. Death, pain, anything like that, Nao couldn't stand, and he would never inflict it upon another.

It wasn't until the white haired man pierced the demon in the chest that Nao realized that he had recognized this scene, or rather, he recognized the huge gaping hole in the demon's chest. The last vision he had was like a close up of the end of the fight, and it had only started when the demon's arms were cracked.

But still, even though Nao had already seen it, seeing it in person was so much worse as he watched the blood splatter everywhere. He just couldn't help but flinch, and gasp loudly.

After just a few seconds, Nao heard footsteps walking away, and he heard the white haired man's voice once more.

"So thats whats in there?.." Nao's sensitive ears just barely picked up the voice of the man.

Nao, for just a few seconds, watched the man walk away, and then, finally realizing that the white haired man was the human who seemed to have lived longer than Nao himself, Nao decided to quietly follow him, hidden in the trees.

Of course, Nao knew the expression "curiosity killed the cat", but he was no cat demon, so he, being the simpleton he was, figured there was no harm in being a little curious as he stalked a few feet behind the man.

Anyways, what's the worst that can happen? I'll die? Nao almost laughed at the thought. Dying wasn't that bad in his books, in fact, it was a bit of a saint. It took all the pain away, and then you were simply gone. To Nao, death wasn't so bad.

Last edited by Naruto forever; 04-05-2013 at 05:22 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 AM

"A funny scent," she repeated. She stopped what she was doing, finally done bandaging his wounds and looked at the barrette in her hand for a moment. Then she lifted it to her nose and sniffed it. "Bleh! It just smells like that creature!" Her nose was wrinkled in disgust. If all the glowing things smelled like that she didn't want them.

Still, she closed her hand tightly around it and repeated her question, "Why do you want them?" Did he know something she didn't? "Why can't you see them glow? And why does the glow change colors when I touch it? Are they enchanted? And why do you have furry ears and a tail? Are you going to give me back my pendent? You can't just steal things from people, it's not the right thing to do."

Suzume went from one simple question to a barrage of them. Though she didn't ask them too fast, she certainly didn't leave the demon much room to answer. When she was done, she watched him expectantly, not allowing him much personal space as she tried to focus on his eyes and not his ears. She'd never seen a demon like Kitaru before, though she'd heard tales of beings like him.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-05-2013, 05:03 AM

"It doesn't, it smells different. Strange. Nothing like that creature at all." Why did humans have to be so stupid? Kitaru resisted the urge to reach out and try and snatch the item from her, he merely watched her warily. Those ears twitched as she overwhelmed him with questions, slowly he stood as she spoke, that tail swishing a bit behind him. "They do not glow." He muttered lightly under his breath. Why she kept insisting that they did was beyond him, and he shook his head. "It's none of your business why I want them, I'm a tiger demon, why wouldn't I have ears and a tail?" He took a slight step back from her. "I'm not giving your pendant back, I'm going to kill you now, and take this new piece." He rolled his shoulders and for a moment he fiddled around with her pendant, then pulled his own out from hiding beneath his shirt, it took him a few moments but then he had her pendant hooked onto the chain that held his own. He tucked them back beneath his top, and advanced menacingly towards her.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 04-05-2013, 05:14 AM

While Niya had continued to make distance between him and the demon corpse he had dealt with. His gaze was never moved from the shard in his grasp, the strange blur that he held in his hand was almost as though he were holding nothing but fog in his palm. Sighing softly once more to himself, he had tucked away the shard into his robe and reached for the bandages he had just recently removed. Wrapping them back around his wounded eyes, he began to lower his senses once more to focus on his surroundings and simply walking forward. However, due to the sudden drop of his senses after the quick battle with the large demon it hadn't seemed that it had done too good on the curse that was still placed deep within him.

Once more, he had ended up coughing violently into one of his hands as he knelt to the ground. Slowly removing his hand from his lips only to feel the same liquid from earlier, the smell of blood reaching his nose gave away the obvious fact that this was due to his illness once again. Shaking his head to himself softly, he had struggled to regain his stance only to end up coughing up blood once more. "No use now killing myself." He stated before finally giving up on trying to get up as he laid himself onto the floor.

It hadn't taken too long for Niya to end up hearing what seemed to be silent footsteps nearby. 'Another demon..?' were the only thoughts that came to mind as he remained laying the grassy floor, almost as though he were waiting for someone to come kill him. Obviously enough, if someone were to had come after him with him laying he was going to be well aware of it and prepared to defend himself. Once more, he was going to expect no answer in return but to be respectful even toward a demon he would end up calling out to it. "Whoever you are..better off to show yourself now, rather then make it difficult on both of us." He spoke out loud awaiting for either an attack to come out of nowhere or actually have someone or something reply to him.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 AM

Suzume blinked owlishly up at the demon when he stood, then she too pushed herself to her feet. "A tiger demon," she repeated, ignoring everything else. Though Suzume should have been fearful, there was something about the demon that was just much more intriguing and it overwhelmed her ability to be afraid.

She couldn't take her eyes off of his ears. Once when she was little, she'd found a kitten. He'd been abandoned and she'd brought him home and fed him milk. Her father didn't allow her to keep him, but this demon reminded her of the cute fluffy little animal.

Without thinking about it, Suzume closed the distance between them, never once noticing his menacing attitude. In one swift motion she placed a hand on his chest, directly over the pendents and used the other to reach for one of those ears. Before she could get her fingers on the furry appendage, something strange happened.

A bright light erupted out of the tiger demon's shirt. Suzume drew back, leaving little space between them. The pendents rose out of the demon's shirt, breaking away from the ties. The barrette was also glowing inside Suzume's hand. She released her grip on it and it immediately gravitated towards the pendents.

The three items swirled around each other until the light became so bright that no one would be able to see the merging of the three pieces of the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou. As the light faded, Suzume reached up curiously to grab hold of the new object. It was a small mirror with intricate designs around the handle.

Suzume held it up to see her own reflection. The aura lingered around the mirror, a pure white. "How interesting," she mumbled into the glass.

((The ear thing is so Inuyasha, I know. But I couldn't think of anything else to allow her hands close enough to the pendents!))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM

Kitaru was confused as she approached him. She should have been backing away, begging for her life or threatening him. His body tensed considerably and he took a step back, then she was touching him. Causing him to flinch almost violently again, though before he could really react and do anything else, his pendant rose from his chest and broke away from the chain that had held it. Along with the one he had stolen from her, and then the other object was floating towards the pendants.

A sudden bright light made him hiss and shield his eyes. When he could see again, she was holding a mirror, but the other objects were gone. He sniffed at the air gently, the mirror smelled like the other objects. Kitaru couldn't see the aura around it, but the scent was the same. Something had happened, and it had probably had something to do with the girls close proximity to the objects. She saw them glow, so perhaps she had some power over the objects? That made her more dangerous in his eyes, and more of an obstacle to all of the pieces.

Kitaru snarled at her, and rushed past. Snatching the mirror from her hands as he moved. He didn't get far, stopping suddenly as electricity seemed to envelop his body, wracking him with pain and preventing him from moving. The only thing he could do was drop the mirror, once he had the pain stopped, and he fell to his knees. The mirror on the ground directly in front of him, he reached out almost hesitantly and tapped a finger against the mirror. It shocked him, but not as much as before, as the touch had been brief this time.

The tiger growled, turning his head to glare at her. "What did you do?"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 AM

"I didn't do anything!" Suzume protested angrily. She reached down and picked up the mirror easily. "It serves you right for trying to steal from innocent people!" She glared down at him. "And after I tended your wounds and everything! You try to repay me by stealing from me, again! You're really something, walking around here thinking everything is yours for the taking. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?!"

Suzume was shaking the mirror at the tiger demon as if she might just reach out and press it to his forehead just for the punishment of it. She was angry, and on top of it, she was really confused about all this glowing and merging stuff. Finally she just crossed her arms and turned her back on the demon. "I guess since you can't touch the mirror, it's mine," she said matter-of-factly.

She picked up her pack and placed the mirror carefully inside only glancing back at the demon once, just so that she could turn her nose up in a 'hmpf'. With that, Suzume attempted to continue on her way to her destination, still too angry at the demon to actually realize the danger of having the mirror in her possession or to contemplate why the objects were 'enchanted' and merging together. She grumbled something about growing up in a barn as she stepped back onto the dirt road.

((Off to bed for the night!))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 AM

"Innocent?" He growled the word. "There's nothing innocent about humans." He snarled at her, as if he'd bite her hand when she reached out to pick up the mirror. She was right, she had tended his wounds, and he still didn't understand why, he might've asked her about that but she continued on. He was on his feet quickly, ears flat against his head in anger, and his tail lashed wildly about behind him. "My mother might've taught me manners if dirty humans like you hadn't killed her, destroyed my village and enslaved me!" There was such venom in his voice. How dare she even think of mentioning his mother after what her kind had done to him and his! "I'll just kill you and take the mirror." Kitaru lunged at her, first he would get her pack, and then he would kill her. It should be easy, after all she was only human. He moved quickly, fingers of his uninjured hand closing around the pack and he yanked in an attempt to pull it away from the girl.