Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 10-01-2013, 03:33 AM

Zane smiled as he signed himself out to leave early, as planned and spoken with the guidance counselor. Only seniors with a study hall for ninth period only got to leave then. He got on his bike, put his helmet on, adjusted his bag, and headed home.

When he got home, he found he had the house to himself, remembering his mother worked morning shifts now as well as afternoon. He went into his room, not really knowing what to do. Luckily, no one but Janice had given him homework. He walked over to his small entertainment system in the corner of his small room. A hand-me-down flat screen tv sat atop a small cabinet with two shelves. One for the dvd player and the other for his dvds. He searched through them, eyeing his collection of Romeo and Juliet movies. Picking up the Baz Luhrmann Romeo and Juliet movie. He popped it in and kicked his old boots off, plopping down on his bed with his dvd and tv controllers.

- - - - -

//hope it's okay if I just skipped to the next day.

Zane was different the next day. He had gotten out of bed, shook his hair into its usual order, dressed into a band tee shirt, grabbed his usual leather jacket, tied up his Converse sneakers, slung a belt around his faded, ripped jeans, and headed to school after eating his bacon and eggs.

He plopped down at the same desk as yesterday in his English class, ignoring the announcements and pledge of allegiance as he pulled out his poem notebook. Maybe he could tune Janice out by writing new poems. He already was ignoring her presence.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:47 AM

(( Yeah its cool! ))

When she woke up, Jan rubbed her eyes. "Janice! Breakfast!" Two words that would soon come back into habit of being said. The second days of school were always harder than the first days for many reason in Jan's opinion. One being that she never knew what to wear.

In the end, she picked out a pink long sleeved shirt and a pair of high-waist black shorts. She decided to set her hair free, brushing it a little and not bothering with the slight poofing action present.

After putting in her contacts, she slung her backpack over her shoulder and ate a quick breakfast before walking to school. She could have swore that she saw a motor biker wearing a black leather jacket like Zane's, but ignored it.

When she walked into the first period class, she noticed Zane writing in a small book.

No evil glares yet, I see... Her eyes narrowed at him in suspicion, but she kept turned to the front until class really began.

"Welcome back, students! Good morning! Did you guys remember to think about Shakespeare yesterday!?"

Jan turned back to Zane for a moment. "Did you remember to watch anything yesterday?" She had her doubts...

Zimmerdale

Old 10-01-2013, 05:48 AM

Zane heard her voice but didn't feel a surge of any anger or annoyance. Not yet, that is. He looked up at her and gave her his famous half smile. The kind that said he wasn't too happy you were talking to him. He rarely gave people that smile, but even Amber had once been defiant and went right ahead and said it was, and he quotes, "sexy". Though he never really cared about being that. He just wanted to be left alone to his own doings.

"Did I rememb-" he stopped himself and sighed. This girl seriously thought he was as dumb as a rock, he assumed at least. His eyes fell onto hers. "Romeo and Juliet. Yes. I'm not as dumb as you think," he half-growled to her. "Now." He motioned to her stack of books and notebooks. "What did you do yesterday."

He took his jacket off and ran his hand over it as if he was dusting off a precious piece of clothing. It was his father's jacket, that's all he had to know. He hung it on the back of his chair like yesterday and pulled a new pencil from his bag. He noted to himself to be careful not to destroy this one today. He'd hate to have to carry more than one pencil around with him during the school day.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 PM

Jan raised an eyebrow at his smile. He was actually quite handsome sometimes, but he didn't need to know that... Not at all...

When he confirmed his remembering to watch a Shakespearean play, Jan smiled. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" She turned back around and waited for the teacher to dismiss them into their groups for the project. Dumb was a mean word that Janice would probably never use to describe someone. When she turned back to face Zane...

"What did you do yesterday?" Zane's tone was not at all appealing to Jan. "What's that supposed to mean? I've seen Romeo and Juliet too many times to count. I already know its my favorite Shakespearean piece." Jan folded her arms defensively and pulled her chair closer to his desk so that she could set out her notepad of paper.

"I did think a little, though. If the point of the project is to relate it to modern day society, don't you think that high school relationships are the perfect parallels? Since its high school, some parents might not feel comfortable with their son or daughter dating anyone yet, like a forbidden romance compared to Romeo and Juliet." She smiled and began to jot down her thoughts. "We could get interviews from people and high school couples and..." Her voice trailed off as she began to think faster than she could write.

Jan looked up, "What do you think? What days are you free during the week?" Seeing how Jan was never really busy with anything like clubs or sports, she'd work around Zane's schedule.

She gasped. "We could make a video! I have my camcorder and could edit footage!"

Jan couldn't believe that she was seriously getting excited over the project. Well, Romeo and Juliet was her favorite Shakespearean piece.

Zimmerdale

Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 PM

This girl was getting way to excited for the project, in Zane's opinion. With her excitement, he leaned back away from her, cringing with slight disgust. He just shook his head and looked down at his pencil and poetry notebook. He picked it up and began writing.

As he wrote, he spoke. "Not too many people are keen about being bombarded with questions for a random interview. I suggest you find a way that doesn't involve being a bother," he told her rather calmly, he wrote away in his poetry notebook, sighing as he took a moment before he looked up at her.

"If you think high school can relate to Romeo and Juliet, find couples that you'd think would never be possible. Like say, a prep versus an outsider. Surely, the prep's father wouldn't want his little baby girl dating a nobody 'punk'," he told her, remembering some of the past cliche books he once read about two opposites not being allowed to date each other for the obvious reasons. The memory made him snicker, that crooked smile returning as he shook his head more to his memory than at Janice.

He finished the poem, a short one, and closed his notebook. He put his pencil away and sighed a very bored sigh, looking around at all the other people working happily together. His eyes fell on Amber's seat. She wasn't here today and immediately, Zane felt guilty. What if he really hurt her feelings and he was the reasons she wasn't here today? His smirk faded and he looked back at Janice.

He suddenly vowed to himself he'd try harder not to let people get to him to the point where he hurt their feelings. Janice was pretty, he decided. Not your average preppy-school-girl-cheerleader pretty, but pretty enough to be seen as normal instead of a Barbie doll. He liked that. But it didn't take him long to shake away that thought.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:08 AM

A way that doesn't involve being a bother?... Jan tapped on her chin. Was she a bothersome person? Is that what Zane thought of her? She rolled her eyes. Of course that's what he thinks.

Jan looked down at her paper and tilted her head. "Then what might you suggest?"

As Zane went on to explain his logic between a preppy girl's relationship with a 'punk' boy, she slowly nodded. She couldn't help but think that he was somewhat hung up on Amber. She was a preppy girl... And Zane was a punk boy. Maybe he still had feelings for her.

Jan grinned as she saw him glance over at her empty seat. "I see what's going on..." She twiddled her fingers like an evil-genius and nodded. "I see exactly what's going on..."

"Why don't we make this project a little bit more fun for ourselves? We could make it into a social behaviors parallel! You just have to find a preppy girl..." She blinked and looked over at Amber's empty seat. "... And I'll find a punk guy!... And we could do a social experiment, documenting our findings and comparing them to things that happened to Shakespeare's characters- Romeo and Juliet!"

Jan threw her hands in the air and smiled wide, very pleased with herself. It was as if she'd just solved the cure for some major disease!

Anything to be Juliet!

Zimmerdale

Old 10-02-2013, 02:39 AM

Zane blinked at Janice for a moment in confusion. What the hell is she talking about? He followed her gaze and it clicked in. "You think I have a thing for that slut Amber?" he asked. Holy crap this girl has got to be kidding me. "Jesus, you're more clueless than anyone I've met before." If she knew him well, she'd know that Amber would be the last girl he'd ever want to think about, right under Janice.

He crossed his arms before him on the desk and leaned into her. He put on a small, sly smirk, his eyes burning with a challenged fire. "Listen here, princess. I thought we agreed that I won't do shit as long as I watched Romeo and Juliet." He knew that that wasn't what had been said, but hew wanted to twist things around, see what her response was, maybe even get the chance of pushing her buttons and getting a rise out of her. He loved messing with girls like her.

"Only preppy girl I know is you. And I wouldn't dare attempt or even be caught seen talking to anyone of your kind," he said with a sudden venomous murmur. His eyes had darkened at his passion for just hating everyone. "But feel free to talk to my boy Trevor. Heard you and your friends just love to talk about him," he said rather defensively. He hated it that people liked to gossip around these halls.

She was being too excited and bubbly for how early it was in the day. That scared him.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:04 AM

Jan narrowed her eyes at him as he seemed to be testing her. "No. That's not what we agreed on at all. Look. You may think you're so cool with your stupid poem book and your lame leather jacket... Right?" Jan leaned in to meet Zane halfway across the desk. As she narrowed her eyes, she continued, "Well, you're not. You're not cool. I was trying to be nice, but since you seem to think that you're so much better than me and everyone else in this room, have it your way."

Jan slammed her notebook closed in front of him, still leaning forward. The rest of the class hadn't noticed the little argument, so all was well in that matter. After she shoved the pad of paper back into her backpack, she picked up her chair and spun it back around to her own desk.

And if you even think for one second that I'm going to do this whole project myself, you're dead wrong...

Jan folded her arms in a huff, suddenly very angry.

Maybe I WILL go try to get in touch with that... Trevor... kid! Jan smiled at herself. Yeah... That'd be great!

When the bell finally rang for class to be dismissed, Jan beat Zane and everyone else to the door. She needed to get to gym and blow some steam with crunches, sit ups, and jumping jacks galore... maybe Katelyn could offer some sound advise, too?

Zimmerdale

Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 AM

Zane could have sworn that Janice was bluffing right before his eyes with her snarky comebacks. He didn't think he was better than everyone else. He just thought no one was worth his time nor effort. He watched as she turned around in her seat and raised his eyebrows. He had to admit. She was cute as hell when her buttons were pushed.

A smile appeared at his lips as he shook his head. He felt even more satisfied when he watched her get up and be the first out of the class. A new record for the princess.

The matter was he pushed her buttons. And he had no idea what was so special about her that made that satisfy him. He put his books away in his bag and got up, slinging his bag across his body as he met Trevor by the stairs as yesterday. Madeira was missing as well.

Zane furrowed his eyebrows, but didn't ask about it.

"You don't look as pissed as yesterday," Trevor said as he slapped Zane's shoulder. The two began to ascend the stairs up the second floor.

"Made my own day. God miss perfect's button's pushed," Zane said with a happy chuckle.

Trevor raised an eyebrow, not really understanding what was so great about that. "'kay..." And then an idea occurred to Zane and Trevor saw the twinkle in his eyes. "Oh no."

"You know what? I'm going to break that girl. I'm going to make her have it bad for me."

Trevor shook his head, stopping at his classroom and turning to Zane. "Dude, why is she even worth your time?"

Zane brushed off Trevor's question and headed to his class.

Last edited by Zimmerdale; 10-03-2013 at 07:35 AM..

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:58 PM

Jan closed the door to her gym locker and followed Katelyn out onto the field. The class was being held outside today because the weather was so nice. Nothing could compare to the joy of sweating outside on a sunny day (Except, maybe, NOT sweating outside on a sunny day.)

"He's rude. He thinks everyone is below him. He enjoys making me angry. He doesn't care about our grade. He just-"

"He makes you upset, obviously." Katelyn looked wearily at Jan. "Was he who you were mad at yesterday?"

Jan sighed, then nodded. As she ran a hand through her black hair, she looked up at the sky. Cloudless and sunny. Great conditions for a good old game of kick ball.

Jan and Katelyn stood too far back to be in the game, though. Katelyn for her cheerleading reasons, and Jan for her fear of sports reasons.

"What if I can't pass the class because of him? I can't do all the work myself, even if I wanted to. I'm too busy with other stuff this year..." She groaned and sat down on the ground.

Katelyn smiled down at her friend and took a seat in the grass next to her. "I think you should just ignore him until he wants to apologize and take responsibility for his half of the grade. You can't pass without each other. And if you fail, so does he. Its like karma or whatever, right?"

Jan looked at Katelyn and smirked. For a dumb blond, Katelyn sure was smart sometimes.

"Thanks. I'll do that." Jan nodded.

"BALL!" A shout came from the field and the girls looked up to see a big red ball bouncing their way. They both scrambled up and ran in opposite directions of it.

Zimmerdale

Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 AM

Zane sat in Algebra, tapping his pencil on his notebook as he looked outside. The classroom's window overlooked the practice and football fields. He eyed Janice and her dumb blonde friend-- what was her name? He smirked and rolled his eyes. He turned to the board, where there were notes to be copied down. Zane had always been a fast writer, so naturally he was one of the first already finished with the class work for the day. He had nothing else to do, not even a poem to write down.

He couldn't stop thinking about Janice and how she (and her kind, it seemed) angered him. Them and their stupid beauty, stupid friendships, stupid popularity, stupid money, stupid promising futures. I guess you could say that Zane was acting out of only jealousy. But if they made him feel like crap, he always promised to make them feel the same. He guessed that Janice just made him feel like crap. That girl seemed to have a place in this world, but Zane felt he didn't. He didn't even feel like he had one inch of a purpose.

But then an imaginary light bulb faintly flickered above his head. He was going to make Janice feel worse. What better way to end a school year than to break a perfect girl's heart? Janice expected him to be better at things, and although he knew he could, he never really wanted to attempt at giving a crap. But if he attempted for once, got under her skin, maybe even made her fall for him, he could take her down and he'd be satisfied with his Senior year.

Zane had to admit though. For someone as smart as him, this would be a waste of time, something stupid and pointless. But then again, when was whatever Zane chose to do not exactly that?

The bell rang and he gathered his stuff, a wry smirk on his face as he left, students jumping out of the way to clear room for him in the halls as he head to third period.