Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 01-30-2017, 01:43 AM

The darkness was encroaching again, and there was nothing he could do.

King Mickey could only stand by helplessly as he watched some of the other worlds slip into the shadows. Magic Kingdom was locked in a way that he couldn't open, no matter what he tried, so he couldn't get to those worlds and help. And he knew that something terrible had happened to Sora; otherwise, the worlds wouldn't be falling into darkness again, because if he were able, Sora would have gone already and locked the worlds again to keep them safe.

There was only one more thing he could try. There was a single doorway that remained open to him, and he could sense hearts on the other side that could handle the power of a Keyblade. He would have to awaken a new Keybearer.

Elsewhere, Summer was tossing and turning in the wee hours of the morning, trying to fight off a nightmare. She sat up with a gasp, reaching over to turn on the light and looking around. The light chased away the shadows of pre-dawn, but it didn't help the creeping feeling that she had that there was something still out there in the darkness.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 AM

Rose was in the bedroom next door, already getting up and ready for work. She was, however, grumbling about it the entire time. She trudged into the kitchen to start the coffee, still muttering to herself. She did, however, flick on lights everywhere. The apartment seemed darker than normal, even though she could see the sky lightening before dawn. The light didn't touch the apartment yet, and she shivered a little despite herself. When she heard movement in Summer's room, though, she went to go look.

"Hey," she murmured, opening the door a crack to peek in.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-30-2017, 02:33 AM

"Hey," Summer replied, looking over. She'd turned on another light, and was sitting in the middle of her bed. She was still a bit spooked, and couldn't figure out why.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-30-2017, 02:45 AM

"Everything okay?" Rose frowned a bit, looking at her. "You look kinda pale." Which was true, and unusual.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-31-2017, 12:43 AM

"Nightmares," Summer said, shifting a bit where she was sitting. "Doesn't seem worth it to go back to sleep."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-31-2017, 01:43 AM

"Want me to make extra coffee for you?" Rose asked sympathetically. She definitely got how nightmares went. They were the worst.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-31-2017, 02:19 AM

"Sure, sounds good," Summer said, nodding. She was quiet for a moment. "Is it just me, or are the lights in here not as bright as they usually are?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-31-2017, 02:25 AM

"Not as bright," Rose agreed. "It's particularly dark this morning, sun's not even trying to poke up on the horizon yet." She made a face.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-31-2017, 02:35 AM

"Seems weird, that's all," Summer said. She shivered a bit. "Probably just me."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-31-2017, 03:01 AM

"No, I kind of get it." Rose made a face. "Come on, coffee'll be ready in a minute." She headed back to the kitchen to pour her own mug of coffee and finish getting ready for work.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-31-2017, 03:06 AM

"Yeah, alright," Summer said. She got up and headed out to the kitchen with Rose. The entire apartment still seemed unusually dark, and she might have walked a little closer to Rose than normal.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-31-2017, 04:29 AM

Rose didn't mind, sticking close to Summer herself as she prepped her coffee and drank some of it. She was oddly reluctant to finish getting ready for work, even though she knew she had to.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 12:14 AM

Elsewhere, King Mickey had gotten the last door open as far as he could, his keyblade keeping it from closing on them.

"Ready, Donald?" he asked.

"Ready, your Majesty!" Donald confirmed, raising his wizard staff.

"Then on my mark!" the king said. "Ready... now!"

On his cue, Donald cast the summoning magic through the half-open door, hooking the hearts with the strongest keybearer potential and reeling them in.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-01-2017, 12:19 AM

Rose yelped as it felt like something grabbed her and started pulling her backwards. Her mug shattered as it hit the floor, and she went stumbling back through the doorway to her room and vanished.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Summer didn't have time to see what happened to Rose; she had already been grabbed and pulled backwards through her own bedroom door. As soon as she was through it, it closed itself and she was falling through darkness.

Almost as soon as it had started, it was over, and Summer found herself lying on a plush red carpet in an unfamiliar place.

The doorway slammed shut as soon as the girls were through, despite King Mickey's best efforts. The lock clicked shut with a sort of finality that he didn't like, but he let his keyblade disperse and turned to see who Donald's spell had brought them.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-01-2017, 01:15 AM

Rose sat up carefully, rubbing her head and wincing at the light. "Ow," she muttered.

"Are you okay?" Goofy asked, leaning over to help her up.

Rose blinked at him, and then yelped and scrambled backwards a bit, her eyes huge.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 01:28 AM

"Girls?" Donald asked as he looked at them. He glanced questioningly at Micky, who shrugged a little.

"Doesn't matter if they're girls or not," he said. "What matters is their hearts."

"If you say so, your Majesty," Donald muttered.

Summer just looked up from where she was still on the floor, eyes just as wide as Rose's.

"What fresh Disney hell is this?" she breathed.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-01-2017, 01:31 AM

"I have no idea," Rose muttered, looking at them. "How does this even happen? This is not possible."

"Where did they come from?" Goofy asked, looking at them. "Doesn't look like they come from a world that's been connected before."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 01:37 AM

"It was connected, once," Mickey replied, studying them. "Quite a long time ago, but it was. I didn't ever expect to see this world connect again, but it's a good thing it has."

Summer listened to the exchange, not sure where to even begin processing anything that was going on.

"Okay, stop," she finally said. "Just-- stop. Tell us right now what's going on, because this can't be happening, it isn't possible. There is no possible way I'm seeing what I'm seeing right now."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-01-2017, 01:40 AM

Mickey surveyed them for a few moments. "It might be difficult for you to accept," he said. "I know this is hard, but I won't lie to you. I brought you here, to my world, because you two are special. You have the potential to wield weapons called Keyblades, which keep the darkness at bay."

Rose's eyebrows shot up because that right there? Not only sounded like a Disney plot but was totally and completely impossible.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 01:43 AM

"I don't even know where to begin to dissect that," Summer said after a moment of letting her brain short out. "I must be dreaming, because that's the only way I could possibly have Mickey Mouse in front of me telling me I have to save the world." She looked at Rose, a little hysterical.

"Oh brother," Donald grumbled. He tapped his foot impatiently.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-01-2017, 01:48 AM

"You're not dreaming," Mickey told her patiently. "Come on. I'll show you."

Rose eyed him warily before carefully getting to her feet, clearly still deciding whether or not she believed him.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 01:55 AM

Summer got to her feet as well, straightening her sleep tank and shorts.

"I've got Donald Duck glaring at me like he wants to pop me over the head with that stick," she murmured to Rose. "Tell me you see that too."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-01-2017, 01:57 AM

"I do," Rose murmured. "I think he'd try it, too, so maybe for now just go along with whatever this is?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 02-01-2017, 02:07 AM

"May as well," Summer agreed. "Maybe we'll wake up and be able to blame it on dinner last night or something..." With that, she started to follow Mickey down the hall.