lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 PM

What's your idea on love? Is it to be true, always remind each other you love them, to show affection for one another, to be there no matter what whether it's in person on on IM or Text, and/or is it when you just love everything about each other? :)

And maybe, if you want, you can share with us what parts from movies or books, or what your boyfriend/girlfriend did to you that you think was just so darn romantic.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 PM

I think love is more than just affection. To me, affection leads closer to the lust aspect. Love is caring about a person and wishing the best for them. It's trusting them and relying on them when you need somewhere to go. And I think real love IS everlasting. If you can't work through your problems and come out the other side together, then it wasn't real love. It's a lot of give and take, and if you don't think the other person is worth the giving part, then you don't love them.

Moostar
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Moostar

Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 PM

Love to me is just as HappyStarr stated, not just an affection. But it is what you feel for a person or family or friends. You care about them to the point where you are blinded and can not see the flaws or you want whats best for them. I am inlove with someone and I truely care about his well being and feelings and thoughts. I think for romance it is hard to find love but once you do reach or find it, it is a feeling that will make you very happy. lol :]

lillian90005

Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 PM

HappyStarr:You're right. :) Love is something that's sacrificing. You want what they want.

Moostar: You are right as well. :)

To me love is trust. It's when you you see each other as beautiful no matter what happens. It's when you're there for each other and not judging them by the mistakes they make. It's when you don't judge at all! It's where deep inside, you know that that person makes you happy and for once you finally have someone to heal the scars from previous heartbreaks. It's feeling wanted, loved, and beautiful for once. :) Love is life...what's life without love?

Moostar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 PM

Thank you Lillian lol :] I also agree with you too :]

lillian90005

Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 PM

Yay! At first, I thought you or other people would disagree with me. ;O_o

Moostar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 PM

loll I think you are basically saying the same thing similar to what I said

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-28-2010, 11:50 PM

ya know...I don't think I quite agree that love is not judging them. You're going to judge them, regardless...someone messes up and you might be upset or something. But I think it's being able to overlook those judgments and love them for who they are.

Lorika
I am poop now

Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 AM

I'm going to have to disagree that "real" love means being able to work through your problems no matter what. As a woman who has come out of a five year relationship in the last year, I believe that that is a naive view. Real life and real love are indeed more complicated than that. I REALLY loved my ex, but in the end I still had to leave him. Why? Because he was abusive, for one thing. Maybe you'd say that that means our relationship wasn't right in some way, but it ended despite all my REAL love for him. We couldn't make it work, and it had nothing to do with whether or not we loved each other.

lillian90005

Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 AM

Hmm...oh yeah that's why. I'm a teenager. No wander why it's naive. XD Lol.

I agree, with you, Lorika. :) I'm naive and I accept that fact. :) And your idea on love really seems real enough.

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 AM

I don't really do the whole love and romance thing. I'd much rather play video games or read than go out to a romantic dinner.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-29-2010, 01:03 AM

I believe it exists.. but I don't think that it's all about cheese and being completely absorbed by wanting one person. I also don't believe that you can only love one person in a lifetime. You get many opportunities to love, but it's up to you which you take...

Moostar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 AM

Yeah but Lilian is asking on what is Our idea on love is. So there are many different opinions. I think do think that when you are inlove you can overlook the flaws or mistakes. I also agree that we do judge and it is our nature. But I know that love doesnt last very long but it also can last for a lifetime aswell. there is no way of telling. Love is also what you determind love is. An affection, feeling etc.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vix Viral View Post
I don't really do the whole love and romance thing. I'd much rather play video games or read than go out to a romantic dinner.
Well, same here...but I do love my family and friends. =]

Lorika
I am poop now

Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 AM

I didn't mean to give the impression that I'm some kind of bitter old hag. XD I have lots of VERY positive ideas about love.

However, this thread doesn't need any more positive ideas. XD The realities of love and relationships are often quite different to what you would hope for, and as this is a thread about love it should reflect ALL ideas, not just the fluffy ones.

lillian90005

Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 AM

Lorika, you are right. And you aren't being a bitter old hag. :) All opinions are welcome here. :D No matter fluffy or harsh. -nods head-

Moostar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-29-2010, 04:18 AM

lol Lorika xD that is ture

Kid Disaster
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-29-2010, 05:14 AM

To me, love is the people you always run back to. Everyone has their times in life where they get away from the people who are close to them, either physically or emotionally; the people you come back to, the ones who wait for you and let you say your sorry and forgive you without a question are the ones who love you, and the ones you love in return.

Now, romantic love, I'm not sure what that is yet. It's... totally weird. I've been in love once, or at least what I interpret as love. It was a connection, even deeper than friendship, and yet, that's what it started as. It's like your super-best friend, someone you can trust infinitely, the person you give your heart to. It just sucks when they drop it. =/

Hermes
Bloviator

Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 AM

I think love is a lifelong feeling that doesn't end. I think if you love someone, you love them forever. I think if you find a person that you will always hold inside your memory, that's love. I know that doesn't seem realistic, but I think it makes sense. My parents are divorced, but my Dad has told me how he feels. He would not want the marriage to continue, they just didn't have anything in common anymore, but he'll still always love her for what they had and who she is. They don't talk anymore or anything, and I don't think they even really like each other, but love is a feeling that'll stick around there, not something that dies.
D:

Angelicious3
New Comer

Old 06-29-2010, 06:30 PM

When someone would be there for you always and care about the person very much!

Mariasha
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 PM

I hate it :(

Hermes
Bloviator

Old 06-29-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicious3 View Post
When someone would be there for you always and care about the person very much!
This all reminds me of a list of quotes that get spread through email every once in a while. Supposedly it's a bunch of children ages 4-8 defining love, and it's really quite beautiful, I think.
Here's a website with it:
Kids Define "Love"

One that really rings true to me is
Quote:
When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore.

So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.

lillian90005

Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariasha View Post
I hate it :(
-gasp- What? :cry:

Decode
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM

For the moment I don`t find love really usefull like I really saw that this week that I don`t need love to be happy, im with my friends living my life, ans I see my bestiies crying and weeping for boys when me im happy, im partying im working Im studying I loove my life and I don`t wanna change anything about it and surely not find a troublemaker that you call boyfriend :P

lillian90005

Old 06-30-2010, 04:03 AM

Awe that's good. :)