salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-05-2015, 09:28 PM

So I was talking with Ivvy over in the Menewsha Nation about how her husband eats beef stew with peanut sandwich, and how I've eaten and enjoyed spam in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

And then I was inspired to create a thread dedicated to odd food combinations!

What are your unconventional recipes? :D Share them here!!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2015, 08:50 PM

Let me tell you something about peanut butter; anything- ANYTHING savory goes with peanut butter. One of my favorites is tuna casserole with a pb sammich and some milk. The only time I don't have it is when I put the tuna directly on the bread, in which case it's buttered.

I'll also do ramen on mashed potatoes if I'm feeling starchy. Mustard is something I'll put on just about anything; ramen, steak, liver puree, I put it on a corn cob once. And one of my most recent discoveries! Hummus spread on toast and topped with chicken salad.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 01-24-2015, 02:28 AM

I put Quinoa in my meatloaf tonight instead of oats and it turned out even better! Didn't give it a grainy texture, it kept the meat texture. I'm doing that from now on. :D

TejinaShinsen
phailing Ebil Dollie scientist
Send a message via AIM to TejinaShinsen

Old 03-19-2015, 04:37 AM

I make chicken Fajita Onigiri if I have left over fajitas. Did turkey burger marsala the same way and YUM!

Only other weird thing I can think of is Cheddar cheese on cut red apples. No cooking required, just eat them together. the cheese cuts a little of the tart from the apple.

JadaRyl
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2015, 05:11 PM

Ramen on mashed potatoes sounds good. I like french fries and ice cream or a milkshake together.

Bishalisious
💕Deliciously Sweet & Bis...

Old 03-28-2015, 08:18 PM

I luv sweet and savory foods or snacks. Mixed spicy & sweet nuts r yum. I love honey baked ham with pineapples but detest it on pizza. My favorite marinade or dipping sauce is sweet & sour. Especially the packets from McDonald's or a bottle of LaChoy from the market.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 AM

Last night I put parmesan on a stir fry.

Narren7
: Dazed & Confused :

Old 04-07-2015, 09:54 PM

I like making ramen (especially the cup kind) with milk instead of water off and on.
And I sometimes melt cheese over peas & green beans with a bit of garlic salt and bacon pieces as a side dish.

I'm going to have to try the Quinoa in the meatloaf thing, that's a darn good idea.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-09-2016, 07:16 PM

I love peanut butter with everything... I put peanut butter in my rice the other day with all the vegetables, salmon, and mushrooms.

Also, has anyone else ever tried "ketchup rice?" I basically make fried rice, but with ketchup in it so that it becomes a bright orange color. Yum!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 01-27-2016, 02:06 AM

I don't know if this applies to most people, but mixing milk with red bean paste (azuki) is really good.

I'm having trouble coming up with another "weird" combination that I eat lately.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-28-2016, 11:25 PM

Oohh Ferra, I haven't mixed milk with red bean / azuki paste before, but I have had bubble milk tea that had the red beans in that that was soooo goood <3

Does anyone else love ketchup with egg?

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 02-04-2016, 02:31 PM

Thought I'd pop in here!
I'm not a huge fan of ketchup with eggs, but my family loves it~

One thing I do enjoy every now and then is plain oatmeal with a little bit of cream cheese!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Here's another unconventional recipe of mine -- putting craisins (dried cranberries) on my pizza!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-14-2016, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Here's another unconventional recipe of mine -- putting craisins (dried cranberries) on my pizza!
Oh wow, that's definitely unconventional! I love putting craisins in unsweetened yogurt. The brand we buy just tastes lovely with it. Dried fruit in general is a great way to add flavor to plain yogurt without adding too much sugar.