salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-07-2016, 04:02 PM

How many pills (medications, vitamins, etc) do you take, either on a regular basis or as needed?

Last edited by salvete; 03-08-2016 at 04:13 AM..

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-08-2016, 02:25 AM

Fun story! Before I had surgery (about ten years ago now) I was taking 6 advil, 4 aleve, and 2 tylonal three times during a day and occasionally a single hard pill that my mom gave me. It took them 2 years to figure out what was going on, and I was doing all that pain maintenance for at least 6 months. Try to add that up and now wonder how my kidneys still function.

Now it's just the occasional double aleve.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-08-2016, 04:14 AM

~longcat~, do you mind if I ask what kind of surgery it was? And was it necessary because of the pills, or did the surgery help to make those pills unnecessary?

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Knee surgery. Because of heavy sports and plica retention I had/have some seriously messed up knees. I managed to tear most all the cartilage in my right knee, both meniscus and torn plica band, doctors said because of my plica retention I saved my acl from tearing as well. Despite surgery I still can't ride a bike because of the pain, and standing all day really takes a toll, and I honestly can feel when storm systems move through. My knee pops, cracks, snaps, clicks and occasionally has mystery bruises. At this point my next step is most likely replacement surgery. But poor insurance and lack of funds and career choice and being freaked out by the options is stopping me from going through it.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-08-2016, 10:47 PM

Wow that sounds tough, ~longcat~. I'm glad the pain isn't as bad as it used to be before the surgery, but sounds like there is still a ways to go until the ideal situation

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-11-2016, 03:36 AM

Luckily I'm currently taking nothing. Though I may consider taking some vitamins in the future.
Also if they found a non-obscene treatment for psoriasis I'd get right on that.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-11-2016, 05:03 AM

The Wandering Poet, what treatments for psoriasis have you tried so far, if you don't mind my asking? And what were your experiences like on them?

---------- Post added 03-11-2016 at 12:04 AM ----------

I am fortunately also not taking anything at the moment. The last thing I took was one advil about a week ago, but that was it.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-11-2016, 04:14 PM

I haven't tried anything so far except Tea Tree Oil shampoo. It's not a medication of any sort. I just know that a bad doctor could prescribe the wrong thing and cause a massive flare-up. (I mean like 100% body exposure type flare up, I've seen it happen)
Personally I'm waiting until there is an actual cure. If I remember right the medication that caused the massive flareup on the other person was a topical tar.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 03-15-2016, 06:43 AM

I don't take anything if i can help it. When i ceased to qualify for free NHS prescriptions two years ago i stopped taking my asthma inhalers, which were the only things that i regularly took. I do have some very strong prescription anti inflammatory pills that alleviate the pain sometimes caused by my PCOS but i don't often have cause to use them.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-15-2016, 07:20 PM

I only take five medications, but I take multiples of some.

Lately, I've been taking less and less because some of them are only PRNs (as neededs).
So I think if I took all of my pills in a day, I take 8 pills.

One is a scheduled psychiatric med, two other are PRN psychiatric meds, then one is a dietary supplement for sleep, and the other is my allergy med.

Jesikins
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2016, 11:00 AM

I take two pills, both for management for hidratenitis supporativa.

Katalena
♥ The Valiant ORANGE:TEAM

Old 03-30-2016, 12:53 PM

none

I do not take any sort of pills or medication, my health is in excellent condition, I am soon 23, i have 5 living generations, I have met my great great grandmother as well, and my great grandmother is still living, she is 80 years old and went through operation surgery before Christmas she was in fact opened up operated on put back together in the hospital for 7 days , being able to return home sooner due to the fact I was there to care for her, after her operation she took no medication, no pain killers, her health is perfect, before her surgery the doctor asked what medications and pills she took and she informed him , none . he was shocked and pleased, because all of her vital signs etc were near perfect as if she were my age.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-30-2016, 06:31 PM

That is amazing, Katalena: your family is very lucky to be in such good health. And that is amazing that you have met your great great grandmother! Do you have any children, if you don't mind my asking?

Katalena
♥ The Valiant ORANGE:TEAM

Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 AM

I do he turns 6 april 30th, he is my world, smart, handsome , it brings joy tears to my eyes to watch him grow, its astonishing really personality, talent, wants ,feelings, little people. you know what i mean? true blessing.