salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-24-2016, 11:09 PM

What was the first car you drove?
What was the first car you owned?
What kind of car do you currently own or drive?
How old were you when you first drove a car?
Who taught you to drive?
At what age did you get your learner's permit or driver's license?
If you have never driven or owned a car, do you plan on doing so someday?
What do you use your car for?

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-31-2016, 09:17 PM

I don't have a car, I don't even have a license,
But I have a permit and I've had one for like two years now. I'm trying to get my license but it's been really, really hard and I get discouraged. :c

But I know what car I want when I get my license and I have the money.
I want a 71 Version Volkswagen bus! (AKA Hippie van.) I also want a Jeep.

I want both of them to be orange, because orange is my favorite color. :D

For now, I can settle with riding my bike. But I do want to get my license before I move.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-01-2016, 01:04 PM

My first car was my parent's, never really was mine, but I was the only one who used it. It was a red VW Cabrio, a convertible. Drive that thing up until last year, when we sold it we got about $600 for it. Older convertibles aren't expensive, everyone thinks if it's a convertible then it has to be pricey.
My new car is a Hyundai sonata silver-blue. And it's used for getting me places. My work is 15-20 miles away, so no chance waking there, and I can't ride a bike anymore. So cat has become my mode of transportation.
I've taken it on long road trips, but nothing as long as what my old car had done, maybe it will go on something exciting and adventurous in the future.

Fun story, I am a passive-aggressive shit driver. Learned how to drive from a Masshole outside of Philly who now lives in Texas. The only way this combo could be any worse is if I somehow also learned from or in Quebec. Now don't get it wrong, I'm a good driver, I'm just passive-aggressive. No I won't let you merge, if you cut me off I will follow you with my highs on, and now my average speed is around 70. I didn't pick up the weaving through traffic at breakneck speeds habit, though.

Katalena
♥ The Valiant ORANGE:TEAM

Old 04-01-2016, 01:23 PM

The first car I drove was a friends car , in the back woods, the second time was walmart parking lot practicing.
I have never owned a car yet.
I dont remember the make and model of my boyfriends car, I know what it looks like , not the name Lol. its green haha.
ahh, the very very first time a babysitter of mine let me sit on her lap in a parking lot in the city of halifax, i sat on her lap while she had control of everything except the wheel , I was 8 I believe.
actually taught me to drive, nobody yet. my boyfriend is going to be my coach.
I JUST got my learner license March 30th 2016, I will be 23 years old next month, I never needed it before I do "regret" not applying for it when I was younger, but I traveled alot it was covered with my work and generally id walk everywhere and never needed my license , however i am ecstatic to now have my beginners and move up a step in life, i now have many more doors and opportunities available i never knew that I had.
I plan to do my practicing after Saturday when my boyfriend gets the N taken off his license so he can be my "supervisor driver" I do intend to take the drivers ed training course to shorten the length of time till i can get my actual drivers license . which is normally 6 months but with that course ( costing 500$ ) goes down to three months. the new rules. that started TODAY, any license issued after april 1 2016, any new driver or learner driver must wait a minimum of 12 months to get their actual drivers license if they take the course it can be reduced to 9 months.... I am happy to have got mine under the old rules and my minimum time is three months.
I will be driving to either pick up and drop off my son, get to and from work, when its not nice enough to walk or im on a tight time frame, and grocery shopping, I am more than 100% certian id take road trips just for the adventure and scenery that will be newly at my control.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-05-2016, 03:42 PM

The first car I drove was an older Thunderbird...belonging to my friend's step-dad...I was 14.
He was teaching my friend how to drive and he gave me a turn.
I, loving the car, was nervous and afraid I would do something wrong and damage the car.

The first car I owned was a 1976 Pinto...a gift from my dad.
I drove that car until it couldn't drive any more!

Right now, my name is on a Ford Focus and a Dodge minivan...both are currently broke down.

I was 16 when I started driving...I had a learner permit, then...and all my party friends depended on me to drive my friend's car because I was pregnant and the only one who stayed sober!
I got my drivers license when I was 18.

If I had a running car right now...I would go to a laundry mat, visit some thrift stores and stop postponing doctor appointments....then I would like to take a road trip...to ANYWHERE! Lol!

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
What was the first car you drove?
My parent's car. Which was something from the early 2000's I think... it might've been a dark purple car?
Quote:
What was the first car you owned?
An old gold dodge clunker from the late 80's. I know the exact model but it's one of those odd security question things some sites use. XD
Quote:
What kind of car do you currently own or drive?
A green Mazda 2! <3 I love my car. ;A;
Quote:
How old were you when you first drove a car?
21 or 22?
Quote:
Who taught you to drive?
My dad tried. My mom refused to let me drive because she was overbearing and over protective as well as paranoid (and swore that I couldn't drive because she didn't drive till she was 30). My aunt also taught me.
Quote:
At what age did you get your learner's permit or driver's license?
21 or 22 whenever it was that I got my license. I was getting tired of my mom's shenanigans so I scheduled my test, but I failed the maneuverability part, mainly because my car had no power steering fluid and my dad kept forgetting to change it??? But I went back in the newer car and passed fine.
Quote:
What do you use your car for?
Going to work, running errands, going out and about whatever. I'm actually a huge homebody and I'm a little scared of driving and get anxiety over other people... so I actually try my best to avoid it. I almost got rear-ended today by some idiot who was flying around.

hilarbees
2122-6101-0161 - N3DS
Send a message via MSN to hilarbees

Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 PM

Heehee, funny stories are these for me! The first car I owned was/is a 1996 Ford Taurus Wagon. I literally grew up in this car. I was eight years old when my mom got the car. It was transferred into my name a few years ago, because I was the primary driver since I graduated high school and my parents gave it to my husband and I after we got married. I still have this car and it runs pretty well! It just doesn't have air conditioning anymore. Otherwise, it's pretty much in perfect working order.

My husband and I just bought a used car, 2014 Ford Focus, from Carmax this past month though, because we wanted to make sure to have something with air conditioning since we're expecting a baby later this year! >u<

I first drove a car when I was 15 during driver's ed. Obviously, my driving instructor taught me, but my dad helped out... I guess? He honestly made me feel more nervous about it than anything... I got my learner's permit at 16 but I didn't get my license until after I turned 20 because I was terrified of driving.

As an unimportant side note, I tend to use my car to get to the moon on a regular basis.