StarrySkylark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2015, 12:29 AM

It's been too long, Mene! Lots of stuff happened! My step-dad disowned me! We've had our disputes in the past, but this was the boiling point, it seems. You see, my step-dad is a man of god. He loves his neighbors, all that jazz. He just seems to be unable to let slide that my girlfriend is a transwoman! It wouldn't look good at church (one I haven't been too in nearly a decade, I might add) if people found out my girlfriend had once been thought to be male! So, we fought. Now, mind you, I've been living with my girlfriend for nearly five months now, so it's not as if my entire life has been flipped on it's head. I'm not stressed over it. He and I were never close anyway. What's important is that I can still see my sister. As long as I have her and my girlfriend, I don't need anyone else.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-08-2015, 12:43 AM

i will say first, congratulations on five happy months of living together!
and secondly, it never ceases to amaze me how 'people of God' don't love their own.
i'm happy you still can see your sister. much luck to you and yours

StarrySkylark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2015, 01:03 AM

Well, thank you, Hummy! She's the sweetest girl I've ever been with, and I couldn't be imagine myself with anyone else, so my step-dad is stuck out! His grumbling certainly isn't going to bother me. My sister likes her, too, so what's to complain about! As far as I'm concerned, I've got a pretty good life.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 09-08-2015, 05:02 AM

So what's the problem? You got rid of judgmental dead weight, and you have access to people you love. It sounds like a cause for celebration!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 09-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Wow, I'm glad you're doing so well after that ordeal with your step-dad. I always wondered why, sometimes, the most religious people are the most bigoted. It's almost like YOU'RE the one dating her and not him. I'm really happy that you've moved in with her and you two are happy!

StarrySkylark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-09-2015, 01:17 AM

Dystopia: Yeah, I guess that's point I was trying to make. It was a hassle trying to deal with him, and I'm super glad I don't have to anymore.

Elirona: Riiiight?? Jeez, some people! And, yeah! I'm the happiest I've ever been!

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-09-2015, 04:45 AM

I saw the title and thought this was going to be something horrific - instead it sounds like "Congrats on cutting ties with such an awful person!" would be more appropriate than sympathy.

Screw bigots. Congratulations on being rid of that!

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-14-2015, 04:16 PM

I can't get over how non-christian some "Christians" can be!
Life is too short to not be happy!
Congratulations on 5 months together!....and may you both continue to be happy together for a long, long time!
(Good for your sis, for not being judgemental!)

So....what is your mother's take on things?

StarrySkylark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-23-2015, 08:59 AM

Quantum Angel: Yeah, it's a huge weight off of my shoulders!

Inzanebraned: Thanks! My mother's take on it is a little bit more complicated than acceptance or non-acceptance.
She's having a hard time understanding it, but she's happy that I'm with someone that makes me happy. I'm just glad she's
at least trying to understand. She and I kind of became distant after I came out as Pansexual, so I haven't really spoken to her
about it much, but when I called her up after the whole ordeal with my step-dad (they're separated currently) she honestly didn't
seem surprised it'd came to this, and told me she would be there for me. It made me glad to know she hasn't totally given up on me.

Nevy
☆Ultimate Despair☆

Old 01-07-2016, 09:55 AM

Wow, I don't know how some people can be so close minded and judgmental.
I am glad that you have your sister and your girlfriend and that you are happy with that! They sound like wonderful people, as do you.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM

StarrySkylark, I am so happy for you that you don't have to deal with someone who was a negative presence in your life and can instead now focus on people you love like your girlfriend and sister :) <3 You are very strong.

PhynnWildhart
Wishes are Fishes!

Old 01-14-2016, 08:12 PM

Congrats! And it's good to know that you still have your mom and sister. The caring members of family are important; not the ones that want to pass judgement and tear us down.

I have an acquaintance that is trans. I lost touch with him though so I don't know if he's had his top surgery yet or not.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-14-2016, 08:17 PM

I don't personally know anyone who is trans, but I would treat them as I do any other human being. It's what's on the inside that matters, in my opinion.

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-15-2016, 10:56 PM

I don't see a problem here ;D
you made the right choice, i can't religious idiots like that, i mean i have nothing against religion or anything but it causes so many problems.
I'm happy for you and your girlfriend <3

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-16-2016, 07:54 PM

On the flip side of that, I know many people who observe one religion or another, but they are still accepting and open-minded of the LGBTQ community too.