salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-21-2016, 02:57 PM

Where is the best place to take a date?
It can be for a first date, a blind date, or any date.
Why would this be a great place to take a date?

Have you ever taken a date to this place?
How did it go?

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-21-2016, 09:55 PM

Honestly, I don't know if anyplace is the best place to take a date - but there are a few hidden gems in my city that would make for a cool date with the right person.

The first is the board game cafe - lets you get to know one another over games, you can bring friends for a double date - or if you're just meeting each other for the first time say from a dating app or something. It's a lot of fun, and a great alternative to the bar scene for late-night shenanigans.

Escape rooms - Suddenly two have popped up in our city, and there are quite a few within a 1-2 hour driving distance as well. Again, it can be done with 2 people, but more people can join if desired. It's a fun way to test your cleverness and how well you can work together.

Movies - yes, while a classic, a new luxury theater has opened up in my town. While there are VIP theaters in big cities, this is the first in ours, it has plush reclining seats, dolby surround sound in all the theaters, and is licences to serve alcohol. Still fairly new, so not as busy as the regular theater - so a great way to impress your date with a movie.

Rock climbing - we have a really cool yoga/rock climbing studio. I've yet to go check it out, but I really want to! I think it would be a blast. Still trying to convince my boyfriend to go on a date there, but we were both unemployed for a while during school, so we've been waiting for the right time. :P

Our city has a ton of art murals - I think a really cool date would be a walk through the city to see them all. Maybe stopping for a picnic in the park (where one of the murals is conveniently located).

We also have Science North and Dynamic Earth - while most locals have been there multiple times - they host 19+ events every so often that are a lot of fun. They open up the upper levels of Science North, have themed events, and serve drinks. Science and alcohol - my fav. <3

Along the hiking vein - tons of great trails in the area, a conservation area, a provincial park an hour away, a beautiful waterfall 45 minutes away with fun trails to walk. Basically this city is a great location for outdoor themed dates - kayaking/canoeing, camping, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, dirt biking, fishing, paint-balling, you name it. :)

Also - tons of festivals in the summer.

And we have a bunch of really awesome local restaurants that I love trying on dates. <3 If you know your date is a foodie, trying a new place can be a lot of fun! Especially if you know it supports a local business. C:

While I may not have taken my boyfriend out on a date to all these places, I've been to most with friends and they're just a lot of fun. I think first dates, especially blind dates should be fun. If it's too serious, I think it would just scare me away (I started going out with my boyfriend at 13, so I have like... 0 dating experience. Dx)

I feel like this post turned into an ad for my city. ^^;; I just love it so much. <3 <3

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-22-2016, 04:18 PM

So much depends on the person you are taking out - how much money you both wants to spend - and where your interests align.

My hubby and I met going to raves through a mutual friend - but our first real date was going hiking about an hour away from where we live on a wonderful trail that takes you past 3 waterfalls.

If you are meeting someone online a first date usually is a little more casual and safe - cafe, bar, restaurant for dinner and conversation.

Movies can be nice- but you don't get to actually talk - I consider this an option further into a relationship. Same goes for a play.

Concert could be fun - but also expensive- unless you both happen to have tickets and make it into a date.

There are a lot of awesome parks in my city - spending time at a park with a picnic is a great first date.

Museums can also be a good date- time to talk, walk, and things to talk about as you discover new ideas together.

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-25-2016, 05:11 PM

I, personally, have never been on a date. Never had a significant other. I'm almost 20 and none of that has happened yet. ;a; But, I know that I don't care what I would do for a date. If it's dinner and a movie, sweet. Cruising in the car and screaming on the top of our lungs to our favorite songs, also sweet. Randomly running around in Wally at 3am? Sweeet. Staying home and watching movies? Awesome. I'm pretty laid back though, so yeah. ;a;

In the end, it depends on the person you're going to take out. What do they like? Stuff like that.