Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 AM

Is anyone reading this manga? :O

For those of you who don't know this manga here's a summary.

Quote:
The students of class 3-E have a mission: kill their teacher before graduation. He has already destroyed the moon, and has promised to destroy the Earth if he can not be killed within a year. But how can this class of misfits kill a tentacled monster, capable of reaching Mach 20 speed, who may be the best teacher any of them have ever had?
I originally didn't think too much about it the series at first. It was little slow and something I was going to read but not keep track of it. But lately it's been getting super interesting and I'm really curious about where's it's going.

This is my ranting about chapter 40X

NAGISA. I HOPE YOU KICK THAT GUY'S BUTT!
I really like this whole hidden depths that Nagisa has going. It's really interesting. * u * It's always the quiet ones you have to be careful with.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 AM

that sounds like the most random and strange manga I've ever heard of. Is it really funny? Seems like it would be.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 AM

Yeah * u * It's hilarious! Like the first chapter the alien teacher is introduced by this guy. The guy tries to stabbed the teacher multiple times and while the teacher is dodging he's going the guy's eyebrows. Haha.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 PM

hmmm....I may look it up some time. A time when I have....time.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Haha it's always time right? xD

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-28-2013, 03:10 AM

That is a new story line... is there an anime version or is it just a manga?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM

Currently just a manga. :O

I would love it to be an anime though.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 AM

Hell yeah, Assassination Classroom! I picked it up a few weeks ago soon after I got back from my trip to Japan with my friends because the teacher was on the front page of Shonen Jump and I was all 'wtf is this thing?' to my friends, who told me it was a pretty good read. And it totally turned out interesting. It's also funny in places too, so I've been reading it ever since~

In regards to chapter 40, yeeeeah, I really cannot wait to see that asshole get what's coming.

One thing I still have trouble grasping though...Nagisa's gender. I just can't seem to see him as a guy.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 PM

Haha. I actually always thought he was a guy. It wasn't that I started google searching and looking for fanfictions (which are non-existent) that I realized that people were having trouble telling apart his gender.

I could see why you have trouble with it though :O

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 AM

Mostly it was because of that hairstyle. XD Also the mangaka draws him like a girl...I mean, just look at the pose from towards the end of chapter 40! He totally has a girly waist. xDDDDD

I guess it's still too new a manga and not yet as widespread to have many fanfictions about. :c

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 AM

Ah yeah. On the scenes where the pigtails are super noticeable. Yeah....

Probably. There's only one and it's a crossover with Naruto (interesting concept) but only one chapter.

*sobs* And that's on fanfiction.net. Livejournal has no hits either. *sobs*

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM

A crossover with Naruto? Wow, that sounds interesting. I'll have to go and look that up later.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM

Yeah. I know right? It wasn't that badly written either and the premises isn't like insane or just... random. I really don't like crossovers that don't make it somewhat plausible for why the two series should crossover. I mean after awhile stuff like "Oh the Hogwarts just happens to exist in this world and you're going to be a student/teacher there" or "Hey we just woke up in a completely different universe" is fun once an while but it's then it's like... why? D: Characters are unrelated, cultures is completely different. It usually comes across as poorly done instead of something fun. Sometimes it's okay when the universe allows the possibility that the two could meets like Avengers and Rise of the Guardians I could see because both clearly take place in America. I start having trouble when you have like mixing of genres like I dunno Naruto and Avengers because Naruto takes place in a completely different universe (it isn't even Japan, I could kinda see it if it took place in Japan) in a completely different time period (Tony's tech wouldn't even work in Naruto's world)

I dunno. Depends on the writer and series too. Like KH is built on crossovers (but I never understand why more people don't use the "Hi we arrived in the gummyship!" route instead of the "Sora you just got a Hogwarts letter") or Ranma 1/2 which so many outrageous things done to Ranma that him finding a portal to another world actually makes sense. I read a good CSI and Danny Phantom one. But that's also because you explain ghosts scientifically. The CSI and Naruto one was written well but after awhile it's like, trying to explain ninja arts in a scientific way, well nope that aint happening Grissom. Better get use to it.

*offtopic* >> << >> oops.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM

Bahahaha yeah, I totally agree.

Some of those crossovers just make no sense at all. There was a Sherlock x Harry Potter one that was a little interesting even though it mostly just followed the canon storyline from Harry Potter at first, and some others like a Familiar of Zero x Terminator and Yu-gi-Oh! x Harry Potter ones that are amazing, but I'm not really a fan of the ones where they just randomly show up at a school or world with no explanations at all.

Hmm...does Assassination Classroom get updated on Tuesdays/Wednesdays like with Naruto, One Piece, Bleach etc? I've only recently started following it so I'm not sure on when the chapters are being released yet.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 AM

Yeah I know right? When it's just a slapped together reason it's just kinda eh... I even take to ones where we're just placing the show in this universe and the characters were always apart of it like (Sherlock was a wizard born into a noble wizard family and becoming a gryffindor is a TAKE THAT against his mostly slythrin family) then the a poorly veiled mashup.

I believe so yes. Some times though the group takes a little longer and it releases the day after but lately it's the same time as Bleach and Naruto.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 02:37 PM

I haven't read that one before. The one I read Sherlock and John were both %100 muggle though Lestrade turned out to be a pureblood (he had changed his name from Lestrange to Lestrade at the prompting of his first wife, who was also a pureblood before she died), but started out completely squib and unaware of his heritage because of a blood transfusion, which apparently severely damages a magic user's magic to the point of appearing to be a squib.

Yay! That means it should be out either tonight or tomorrow afternoon!

Wait, it's their golden week right now I think, so that means no Shonen Jump updates until next week. Damn.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM

Haha that sounds pretty interesting actually.

Aww. Next week then next week!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 PM

Yeah. The only bit I still have trouble adjusting to is John Watson being female and married to Sherlock. Author says it's for plot reasons, but it's still weird to me.

Yeah!! I can't wait! It's like my psychological food every week!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 AM

That's odd... xD I don't really like genderbent stories. It's funny if it's fanart. But entire stories where they're girls? Too weird D: (Unless it's Ranma 1/2 because again it's Ranma)

Me too. * u * Fairy tale finally came out today. Assassination might still update because there are Chapter 41 chinese raws floating around >> << >>

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 AM

Yeah...I actually hate genderbending stories, even if it's canon. But since aside from having womanly bits John was pretty much the same, I decided to just continue reading it as if John were still male and auto-glaze my eyes over whenever something womanly is mentioned. (like the part where he got pregnant and had a kid and was breastfeeding him)

Ranma 1/2 being the only exception to genderbending that I actually thought was a nice read. Some of the other series where they had genderbending just didn't work out as well to me.

....THERE ARE CHINESE RAWS OF CHAPTER 41?!!!!

*zooms off to find and read*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 04:01 AM

Ugh yeah. 90% of the easy to genderbent is because they want to get the character pregnant so they can have a kid (ADOPTION PEOPLE). D: But yeah it's like *ignoring changed gender*

Same here * u * Ranma 1/2 was pretty fun. And it was nice that it didn't change like who he was. He was still Ranma. (and we don't have to think of the details like if it was possible to get pregnant)

Yes yes they are * u * It is epically awesome * u *

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 AM

................HEEEEELL YEAAAAAH GO KID!!!! GO NAGISAAAAA!!!! XDDDDDDD *whoops*

Oh gods this is so awesome! I haven't gotten that 'heart pounding in my chest in anticipation' while clicking the pages to see what happens next in a long while! Bahahaha Nagisa is so awesome!!!!! XD *can't stop grinning like an idiot and cackling*

---

*cough* Now that that is out of the way...x'DD

lmao Or M-preg. *shudders*
I don't know what it is with people and their fascination with people getting pregnant. >__>
So whenever I see a fanfic that has 'fem!xxxx' (and isn't it odd that it's always a guy who turns into a girl and not a girl who turns into a guy?), I automatically deem it not worth reading, no matter how many reviews it's got. I tend to avoid the m-preg ones too. There's the odd occasion I'd read one, but the chances of that happening are not high and only happens when I've run out of other things to read. XD

Haha, that's what's so awesome about Ranma. <33 It's weird how if someone got genderbent, most of them immediately start acting like that gender too. >_>

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 AM

I know right? xD Go NAGISA!! *cheers* It was so epically awesome * u * Screw spoilers, I wanted to know!!
It's my favorite chapter so far. * u *

Yeah me too. I mean it's just... squicky. I know some people like it D: but it's like no no. Please no. I'm a little, (very little) okay if it's already happened after the fact or even if it's a comedy but usually no. No D:

I know! Right? It's so weird when they do that. It's like that doesn't happen! Sure some hormones start playing into effect but it shouldn't be that bad!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 AM

Yeah, it's basically Nagisa thinking about how to defeat the guy, and he decided to treat it like an assassination (like that time he exploded himself with a grenade against Mr.Octopus), and BAM the guys down. Whooooo! *still cheering* Can't wait for the English version to come out too! Going to reread it again when it does.

Hahaha I'm like 'NO. JUST, NO. ' when it comes to them too.

I don't think I'd change much at all if I suddenly woke up the opposite gender one day. I'd still be myself.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM

Hehe it's so awesome * u * I bet he'll be the one to finally kill sensei. (You know assuming he doesn't change his heart for the better and not go super evil) English version needs to come out soon~

Haha xD

xD Yeah me too! I might even be celebrating more. No more pmsing. * u *