Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 11:52 PM

Jack was at his desk in the hub. It had been a week since the whole situation with Lisa and he knew Ianto was having a hard time dealing with the loss. Jack was making sure he did everything he could to be there for him. He cared for Ianto a whole lot. Jack heard the others starting to arrive for the day.

bloodstainedwings:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 AM

Ianto took a deep breath. He had to move on, he just wasnt sure how. To loose Lisa... he couldnt even think about it, but it was occupying his mind. He knew that as he worked though, the chaos of the job would take him away from his internal turmoil if only for a few moments here and there.

He reaches the coffee station and brews for everyone as he normally does. He takes another deep breath as he remembers every detail about everyone he works with and puts just as much care into their drinks as he always did, despite them killing his love. *breath ianto* With one more deep breath he is off to deliver the coffee. Jacks is always the hardest to deliver. That man. That charming, mysterious, demanding man.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-26-2014, 12:01 PM

Jack came out of his office as Ianto came in with the coffee. "Morning Ianto." Jack said with a smile. Ianto was the only person who could make his coffee perfect. He could see the struggle on Ianto's face. He knew that struggle well. When you can live forever you experience lots of loss. It never got any easier either. That was why he tried his best not to fall in love, though he was failing when it came to Jones, Ianto Jones.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 04-27-2014, 11:47 AM

That smile gets him every time. There was just something about Jacks smile that brings light into the world. It almost makes him forget the pain inside.

The lights start flashing and the chaos of the job begins. Through all the chaos though, Jake is like a rock. Grounding all of us, keeping us focused and moving forward. Never letting us lose sight of each other or the task at hand. Ianto is wonder struck every time. By the time we all got back to the office there was still so much to do. Everyone else leaves and Ianto is left to clean up the mess. and of course, there is Jack.

Now it is just Ianto and Jack. "That was some day" Ianto says to Jack as their eyes meet.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-27-2014, 11:51 AM

"Yeah, some day." Jack said with a smile. He rolled his shoulders he was a bit tense after the craziness of the day. "How are you doing Ianto?" He asked, he really wanted to know. "I know how hard it can be loosing somebody you care deeply about."

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Kirin Rosenbaum:

"Does it ever get easier Jack?" Janto says with wavering eyes. the pain he feels in his heart is just as strong as it was the day they shot Lisa. The hate has lessened but the pain is still fresh and sharp. It hurts so deep inside that its easy to hide from the others, but not from Jack. Never from Jack.

Jack gave him this look and Janto knew that it didnt. "Never mind all that" He started "Your shoulders look rough. You know, I am pretty good at back rubs"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 AM

"If anybody should be getting a back rub Ianto it's you." Jack said moving behind Ianto. He started working Ianto's shoulders. Jack had been right. Jack was right, Ianto was very stiff. Jack has very deft fingers. This man was amazing and wonderful, and he couldn't let himself fall in love. He just couldn't. He knew he would loose him like he has lost everybody else in his life.

bloodstainedwings:

Last edited by Kirin Rosenbaum; 05-10-2014 at 08:21 PM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-10-2014, 10:54 PM

As Jack worked his fingers into Janto's back, Janto felt himself relaxing. For the first time in a very long time, he was actually relaxing. A very very long time. Slowly become aware of the situation, Janto clears his throat.

"Thanks Jack, but I had better get finished up here and get some rest. There is probably going to be a big day tomorrow again. You never know when you can get some sleep, so you should take it when you can. I just have some small things to clean up here and there and I will be out of your way." Bringing back his professionalism as best he could, Janto fought with himself to do the last of the paperwork that needed to be done. Jack left, disappearing into the depth of the base.

Janto left and on his drive home took some time to reflect. "What is wrong with me? Firstly, Lisa hasnt even been gone more than a few months. Secondly, he is a man. and not only a man, but a man that cannot die. He has had women in the past, I am sure. What would I be but a passing moment. A fling in his long and studious list. Get a hold of yourself man. Its just rebound affection. He is from a world where it was much more acceptable for men to act that was and still be straight. It doesnt mean anything. Do you even want it to?" he sighed again as he closed the door of his car. He thought not a moment longer on it until morning when he walked in again and saw Jack. Jack with his same grin, charm and style.

Kirin Rosenbaum:

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2014, 12:10 AM

Jack had to bite back a sigh when Ianto pulled away. He had really enjoyed massaging Ianto's shoulders. Though what had he been thinking. Ianto had only lost Lisa a few months ago. He went back to his office and forced himself to focus on his work. He bid Ianto goodnight when he left for the day. He headed to his small room on base and laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. He couldn't get Ianto off his mind.

It was a few hours shy of sunrise when Jack woke with a start, he hadn't been asleep for to long. He didn't even know what had woken him up. He got up and went and showered. He then got dressed and headed to his office. He couldn't wait for the others to get into work.

bloodstainedwings:

Last edited by Kirin Rosenbaum; 05-11-2014 at 12:35 AM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-11-2014, 03:59 PM

Ianto brewed the coffee the same way he always does, with care and thoughtfulness towards his co-workers. Ianto spent all morning purposefully trying not to think about Jack. But then he had to make his coffee. Everyone started showing up for the day and there was Jack. In that stunning coat of his. Ianto handed everyone their coffee, included Jack. Jack took the coffee without a glace and proceeded to lead the team on their new adventure.

At every chance, Jack separated himself from Ianto. Splitting the group up and going with someone else every time. Ianto didnt know if he was upset about it or glad for it. He didnt have time to be swept up in all these swirling emotions. there was a job to get done, he told himself over and over again. Putting his heart aside and applying the full capacity of his mind for the cause, that is what he focused on.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2014, 04:12 PM

Jack had to focus on his job. Not his growing feelings for Ianto. He knew that if he let himself feel he'd only end up hurt. So all that day he did his best not to be alone with Ianto. When they split up he would purposely go with somebody else. Soon it was the end of the day. Ianto was the last one there, and there wasn't anything Jack could do about it. "So any plans for tonight?" Jack asked Ianto as the two of them were finishing up what they were doing. bloodstainedwings:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-11-2014, 06:27 PM

"Well I have to dispose of the body and make finish the cover story. Should only take me a few moments, then I will be out of the way" Ianto wanted to keep things professional, at least that is what he convinced himself of today after watching Jack. Still, he held his breath waiting to see what Jack would say or do next. Just like he finds himself doing every moment of every day with him. Jack never ceases to amaze Ianto. The things he has done, he knows, the way his mind works and the momentum he walks with. There is a magnetism of Jack that Ianto just couldnt pull himself away from. No matter how hard he tried. And so, Ianto stood there, looking at Jack, waiting for a response. Not knowing what he was hoping for, not even knowing that he was hoping at all.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2014, 08:00 PM

"Oh that's to bad." Jack said not looking at Ianto. "I was going to see if you wanted to get some dinner, and catch a movie or something." Jack said. Was he over stepping his bounds? He really shouldn't be feeling this way about a teammate but he just couldn't help it. He hadn't felt this way about anybody in a very long time. He knew it would only end in heartache for him but he found at this moment he didn't care. bloodstainedwings:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-11-2014, 11:08 PM

"Actually..." Ianto started. "I am a little hungry and could really go for something other than the pizza from down the street" Ianto didnt know what he was saying. Its just a dinner though right? And I am hungry and seriously tired of that pizza, I am starting to think there isnt anything else for sale in the area.

Ianto grabbed his coat and awaited direction from Jack. Jack always make the decisions and he knows more about this city than anyone ever could.

"So what else is in this area that is eatable? Do I dare ask if you know of any place that is actually... good?" Ianto was willing to bet that Jack knew the best places in town to eat and was actually starting to look forward to a real meal.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2014, 12:30 AM

"You like Indian food? Cause I know this great Indian place." Jack said grabbing his coat. "If not just let me know what you are in the mood for." He smiled as Ianto finished up his work. He could spend hours watching Ianto work. bloodstainedwings:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-12-2014, 12:44 AM

Ianto smiled "Yeah, that sounds great. Just nothing too spicy. I have sensitive digestion" They lock up and walk outside "So, your car or mine?"

( kirin, im tried and going to go to bed and this was all i could come up with.. My post tomorrow morning will be better. Please forgive the shortness of my response.)

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2014, 12:58 AM

(no worries friend we all have those times sometimes)

"It's not that far. We could walk." Jack commented. He wanted to take Ianto's hand but he forced himself not to. He needed to take things slow. He couldn't rush things. He could end up scaring Ianto away. "Though if you want to drive we can. It's totally your call." He smiled.

bloodstainedwings:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-12-2014, 11:44 AM

" I do enjoy walking. Lead the way Captain" Ianto said and smiled. This could be a good thing. Just a couple of guys out for a bit to eat. Ianto was equal parts excited and relaxed. This seemed so natural, to have dinner with Jack and yet this was the first time they would be... Ianto stops dead in his tracks. Coming to the sudden realization that this is a date. A date. Like a real date, with a dude. And not just a guy, but his boss who cannot die. The most charming man he had ever met and he was being washed away with him, caught up in the wake of him. What did this mean to Jack? Did Jack think it was a date? Did Jack want it to be a date? Did Ianto care if it was a date? So many questions and not a one was Ianto willing to speak. Ianto was also realizing that Jack noticed Ianto`s sudden panic.

Jack grabbed Ianto`s hand and took a step forward. Ianto followed. Jack smiled. Ianto smiled back. Suddenly, with that small notion, everything seemed clearer. They were going for dinner because Jack wanted to go for dinner. There may be more to it, but for now, they were going to dinner. Ianto walked and calmed his mind, waiting for Jack to start a conversation.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2014, 12:43 PM

Jack smiled when Ianto willingly took his hand. What did Ianto think of this? Would this be considered a date? Did he want this to be a date? Well that one was easy to answer. Yes, he did want this to be a date. "So have you eaten much Indian food?" He asked as they walked. The night air was cool but not cold.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-12-2014, 12:57 PM

"actually no. Mostly, I just eat the pizza we order." Ianto said with a smile "I have been wanting to try it from a better place. The first time I had it with Lisa it was so spicy I couldnt eat anything. But she always did like spicy food" Ianto cleared his throat. He had tried Indian food with Lisa for the first time. She insisted that he would love it. She never let it go that he couldnt handle the spice. They laughed about it all the time. Her laugh was so infectious. Ianto was slipping again, but one glace at Jack and he felt reassured.

"Anyways, what do you recommend from this place?"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2014, 01:05 PM

"I'm personally in love with their Naan. Best I've ever had." Jack said as they walked. When Ianto had brought up Lisa Jack could sense it was hard. Maybe someday Jack would open up about his past loves with Ianto. If anybody could understand what Jack had been through countless times it would be Ianto. "Though they also have a good sweet coconut curry chicken. We could share it if you would like." Jack said with a smile as they get to the restaurant. It's a very casual type establishment. Jack led Ianto to the counter. "May I take your order?" The Indian gal behind the counter. "I'm ready to order. What about you Ianto? Or would you like a minute or two to look over the menu?" The menu was on the wall behind the counter. bloodstainedwings:

Last edited by Kirin Rosenbaum; 05-12-2014 at 03:42 PM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-12-2014, 07:29 PM

" I guess I will have the cocunut curry chicken with some Naan bread" Ianto said " oh and a glass of water, maybe two just to be safe" With that Jack ordered and they took their seats. The rest of the conversation veered towards their work and the crazy near death experiences. They both avoided the topic of avoiding each other during the day. Laughs were had and the meal was surprisingly good, but the night was getting on and Ianto knew it would be over too quickly.

"Thank you Jack. I had fun tonight. " Ianto said has he went to his car.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2014, 10:19 PM

"SO did I. We'll have it again sometime. I'll take you out for pizza next time." He said with a smile. He had truly enjoyed himself. It had been a very long time since he had enjoyed himself this much. "I really wish this night didn't have to end." He moved towards Ianto. He couldn't help it as he leaned in and kissed Ianto softly on the lips he cupped Ianto's cheek. Oh he tasted as good as he thought he would. A soft moan escaped his lips. bloodstainedwings:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 AM

Ianto just stood there frozen in the moment. he didnt think at all. Jack made his move. It was not truly a surprise for Ianto, Jack seemed like that kind of man. And it is not like Ianto didnt enjoy it. The conflict came afterwards. But for now, Ianto kissed Jack back and indulged in the moment. One sweet happy moment when it was just the two of them, Ianto lost himself for one breif moment in that kiss. As it ended the conflict began in his head but he kept it all to himself. He smiled and said thank you to Jack, then got in his car and drove home.

Ianto didnt sleep that night. He tossed and turned in his own guilt. Why had he enjoyed that so much? Why was Jack so wonderful? Jack made everything simple, even in this complex world where we are so small. The rift reminds him everyday how small he is. It also reminds him that life is short. So why not enjoy the few brief moments he has? Jack seemed to always live in the moment. Never really dwelling on the past for long. And look how long his past must be.

After a wonderful moment with Jack and a night of tossing and turning, Ianto came to a point where he accepted everything. He decided to live in the moment, to move on from the past. Yes it is still there, and yes it still hurts, but why let it hold you back from the world. this fleeting, beautiful, painful world. Ianto decided he needed to enjoy how much ever of it he had left to enjoy, as best he could.

Ianto went to work that morning, tired but free.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-14-2014, 02:10 PM

After the kiss Jack bid Ianto a goodnight. He stood and watched Ianto's car till it disappeared. He had a lightness to his step as he headed inside. He finished up with what had Ianto had left when they had gone out to dinner. He was up late that night. His mind wouldn't settle. All he could think about was Ianto and that kiss. Ianto had seemed to enjoy it. Jack knew he had enjoyed it. Not being able to sleep Jack just paced the hub. All he could think about was Ianto. He had to admit, he was totally in love with Jones, Ianto Jones. He sighed running his fingers through his hair. He knew this would complicate things. Jack headed to his office as the morning started. He knew his team would be arriving soon. bloodstainedwings:

Last edited by Kirin Rosenbaum; 05-14-2014 at 02:12 PM..