blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Apparently they used to have a full time general music teacher who also did the music theatre....and a part time teacher who came and did a band elective for the middle schoolers.

But the school is a private school and has really declined in enrollment numbers and so now only did they completely cut the band teacher...but cut the music teacher to part time.

And the enrollment numbers are already down for next year.... I've had a parent say to me, "this is probably unprofessional for me to say but I'm putting my kids in a new school next year....the only teacher here we will miss is you" and that was a huge compliment but so sad because so many parents feel the same way...
Ah ok, it's a private school that makes a little more sense now. I only went to public school.

*nods*
That isn't good if the number of students are dropping. I can understand it going down some because of the economy. It sounds like it's more than that too it. It's really sad to see that kind of thing happen especially when people are paying good money to send their children to a private school.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Well, thanks a lot! :D

I will. I might make a thread later to draw some people and I'll post that. I have a lot of stuff to post on tumblr already, I'm just finishing a drawing and then I'll post them all. That's why the last thing there is like a week or so old.

What did you buy her, if I may ask? xP
My birthday is on the 9th. :) And thank you! I'll be 19. Almost not a teen. hehe
I got her a couple yankee candle things. My mom loves candles, especially yankee candle...but they are SO expensive we never buy them. XD So I bought a couple things for her for her birthday :D

Oh! 19! Enjoy your last year as a teenager!

I'll have to look out for your thread :D

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:03 AM

I've finished getting all the event rares & all the female & unisex commons. Now I am trying to earn some tokens for prizes.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
Ah ok, it's a private school that makes a little more sense now. I only went to public school.

*nods*
That isn't good if the number of students are dropping. I can understand it going down some because of the economy. It sounds like it's more than that too it. It's really sad to see that kind of thing happen especially when people are paying good money to send their children to a private school.
Even just 3 years ago they had 600 kids and now it's a bit less than 300.....

it's a huuuge drop.

And the tuition is being raised over a 1000 dollars for next year...no one is goin to want to send their kids here!!!

I always went to public school too. I applied here because my friend told me too and the school offered me the job the first of June. All the public schools I interviewed with weren't choosing until july....I thought it would have been stupid of me to turn this down in hopes that one of the other schools would hire me.

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
I've finished getting all the event rares & all the female & unisex commons. Now I am trying to earn some tokens for prizes.
dang damia! You must have posted a ton!!

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 AM

I won 3 items, but I did post a lot. I think I am getting close to 2000 post in just the RAK thread.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
I won 3 items, but I did post a lot. I think I am getting close to 2000 post in just the RAK thread.
Wow! I'm so behind....*did not post nearly as much as I have in previous events* D:

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 AM

And someone made such beautiful dresses that made me want to post a bunch so that I could get them.
All the items were so nice. You & the other pixelist did a great job.
Thank you.

---------- Post added 02-23-2013 at 08:10 PM ----------

Hummy has been so good to me that I wanted to help as much as I could & I had a few days off this week.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
And someone made such beautiful dresses that made me want to post a bunch so that I could get them.
All the items were so nice. You & the other pixelist did a great job.
Thank you.

---------- Post added 02-23-2013 at 08:10 PM ----------

Hummy has been so good to me that I wanted to help as much as I could & I had a few days off this week.
I feel bad that I haven't been as active :(

I wish I could help more!

Aw thank youuu <333 I'm having a ton of fun pixelling :D

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
I got her a couple yankee candle things. My mom loves candles, especially yankee candle...but they are SO expensive we never buy them. XD So I bought a couple things for her for her birthday :D

Oh! 19! Enjoy your last year as a teenager!

I'll have to look out for your thread :D
That sounds nice! I really like candles too.

Being a teenager isn't really that nice, but I'm not too excited about being an adult either. lol

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Even just 3 years ago they had 600 kids and now it's a bit less than 300.....

it's a huuuge drop.

And the tuition is being raised over a 1000 dollars for next year...no one is goin to want to send their kids here!!!

I always went to public school too. I applied here because my friend told me too and the school offered me the job the first of June. All the public schools I interviewed with weren't choosing until july....I thought it would have been stupid of me to turn this down in hopes that one of the other schools would hire me.
Wow that is just insane. I have to agree, no one is going to want to send their kids there.

That is understandable and I don't really blame you with how hard it can be to get a job. I'm still looking for a second job and I'm not being picky about what I apply for either. Places are just not hiring very many people and a lot of jobs want people with prior experience so they don't have to train you.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
That sounds nice! I really like candles too.

Being a teenager isn't really that nice, but I'm not too excited about being an adult either. lol
lol I'm 23 and I still feel like a teenager sometimes lol!

Although now I notice that I am changing - some of the fashions and the things I loved even just 6 years ago I wonder why now XD

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Wow that is just insane. I have to agree, no one is going to want to send their kids there.

That is understandable and I don't really blame you with how hard it can be to get a job. I'm still looking for a second job and I'm not being picky about what I apply for either. Places are just not hiring very many people and a lot of jobs want people with prior experience so they don't have to train you.
I'm grateful that I have a job. And I know that this is exactly what I want to do the rest of my life because, despite all the crap I put up with, I LOVE teaching music.

I just hope I have a new option for the fall. If not, I'll tough it out another year.

I just don't see how the school will last at the rate it's going. We have about 275 kids now and with enrollment looking the way it is...we'll be down even MORE than that for next year!

I wish you luck with the second job! It's HARD to find ANY job right now. My fiance was looking for a job up here (he's 2.5 hours away from me) for the longest time and couldn't find one. We finally agreed for him to just wait until I know where I am going to be next year. Because if I move again and he finally got a job here...that would suck!

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 AM

Why are they raising the tuition so much?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Why are they raising the tuition so much?
Because there aren't enough kids at the school. It's a full circle thing. Not enough kids at the school means they can't pay the bills. Because they can't pay the bills, they raise tuition so they can. The tuition spike causes them to lose more students, and so on!

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I'm grateful that I have a job. And I know that this is exactly what I want to do the rest of my life because, despite all the crap I put up with, I LOVE teaching music.

I just hope I have a new option for the fall. If not, I'll tough it out another year.

I just don't see how the school will last at the rate it's going. We have about 275 kids now and with enrollment looking the way it is...we'll be down even MORE than that for next year!

I wish you luck with the second job! It's HARD to find ANY job right now. My fiance was looking for a job up here (he's 2.5 hours away from me) for the longest time and couldn't find one. We finally agreed for him to just wait until I know where I am going to be next year. Because if I move again and he finally got a job here...that would suck!
It's great that you know what you want to do for the rest of your life. I have no clue what I want to do anymore and I'm 26.

I hope that you do too.

I really don't see how it will either. If enrollment is already down that low. They will have to make more cut backs on jobs to keep the place running. Then again maybe they want to close the school so they are doing what they can to get the parents to unenroll their kids.

It is really hard. That was probably the best idea. I wish the two of you luck.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
It's great that you know what you want to do for the rest of your life. I have no clue what I want to do anymore and I'm 26.

I hope that you do too.

I really don't see how it will either. If enrollment is already down that low. They will have to make more cut backs on jobs to keep the place running. Then again maybe they want to close the school so they are doing what they can to get the parents to unenroll their kids.

It is really hard. That was probably the best idea. I wish the two of you luck.
We already have me part time, the spanish teach part time, and the art teacher part time. Next will be the librarian and then the pe teacher. Then class sizes will get bigger.

And then it will look bad because last year 10 teachers left because they hated the new principal. This year...at least ten are already looking for new jobs. So that looks REALLY bad on the school AND the principal!

Thank you! The distance is becoming a bit straining...hopefully we can be together soon because it's making me sad :(

What is the job you currently have?

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM

My sister is 23 too, and she's as much of a kid as I am.
She does have a few responsibilities that I don't, though. But I think that's because I'm afraid of virtually every thing.
Well the fashions also change with the years and your tastes too. I feel like when your a teen, every year is like "What was I thinking??" but then it starts getting a little more spaced. lol

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM

In the county I live in the private school must be doing really well they have expanded from one school to I think three schools. I think they are taking kids from either kindergarten or first grade all the way through high school. I know one of my co-workers had his daughters on a waiting list to get in. They have a lot of people who want their kids at that school & have had to do a lottery a few times to let kids in.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
We already have me part time, the spanish teach part time, and the art teacher part time. Next will be the librarian and then the pe teacher. Then class sizes will get bigger.

And then it will look bad because last year 10 teachers left because they hated the new principal. This year...at least ten are already looking for new jobs. So that looks REALLY bad on the school AND the principal!

Thank you! The distance is becoming a bit straining...hopefully we can be together soon because it's making me sad :(

What is the job you currently have?
That is really bad. I don't see that school lasting much longer.

You're welcome. I know the distance can be a strain and hopefully you two well be able to see each other soon.

My current job is working part time for my dad, who is disabled. I am one of his Personal Care Attendants.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 AM

Quote:
My sister is 23 too, and she's as much of a kid as I am.
She does have a few responsibilities that I don't, though. But I think that's because I'm afraid of virtually every thing.
Well the fashions also change with the years and your tastes too. I feel like when your a teen, every year is like "What was I thinking??" but then it starts getting a little more spaced. lol
LOL

Fashions are a funny thing when you look back at them!

well, getting older you get more responsibilities. I definitely have way more now than when I was 19...

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote:
In the county I live in the private school must be doing really well they have expanded from one school to I think three schools. I think they are taking kids from either kindergarten or first grade all the way through high school. I know one of my co-workers had his daughters on a waiting list to get in. They have a lot of people who want their kids at that school & have had to do a lottery a few times to let kids in.
It really depends on where you live. When I was little I lived in North Carolina. I went to a private school because the public school system there was absolutely terrible. Then I moved to Florida when I started the 4th grade. We moved to where NASA is and their schools were the top schools in the state so we went to public school. I loved it!

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote:
That is really bad. I don't see that school lasting much longer.

You're welcome. I know the distance can be a strain and hopefully you two well be able to see each other soon.

My current job is working part time for my dad, who is disabled. I am one of his Personal Care Attendants.
Oh wow! That's a big responsibility! And very kind of you to help your dad. My brother was a personal care attendant to a paraplegic...it was hard work!!!

The school is going down the toilet!

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Oh wow! That's a big responsibility! And very kind of you to help your dad. My brother was a personal care attendant to a paraplegic...it was hard work!!!

The school is going down the toilet!
It is, but really I don't have much to do other than help him dress, fix meals and walk with him. Sometimes I help him with other things, but not often.He's doing a lot better than he was when he first game home. The only thing is that he still doesn't have any use of his left arm. Really it's kind of a gravy job, lol. We sit around watching TV, playing Wii or if he's watching TV I'll get on the computer.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 AM

It is in North Carolina.
I know kids from the next county are also going to that school.
They have bus pick up points at some odd locations, I think one of them is a church parking lot.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 AM

That's true. People expect a lot too, and it can be really scary. Or maybe it's just me and I can't handle it. xD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
It is, but really I don't have much to do other than help him dress, fix meals and walk with him. Sometimes I help him with other things, but not often.He's doing a lot better than he was when he first game home. The only thing is that he still doesn't have any use of his left arm. Really it's kind of a gravy job, lol. We sit around watching TV, playing Wii or if he's watching TV I'll get on the computer.
It's kind of nice you get to spend time with him when he really needs you though! But I wish you luck finding another job <3

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote:
It is in North Carolina.
I know kids from the next county are also going to that school.
They have bus pick up points at some odd locations, I think one of them is a church parking lot.
That's a funny coincidence XD I lived in Charlotte - not sure if it's the same area XDD

My mom was very involved with the public school system there through her work as a foster parent and the President of the foster parent's society organization up there....

and she said the teachers at the public schools we would have gone too were just absolutely terrible.

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote:
That's true. People expect a lot too, and it can be really scary. Or maybe it's just me and I can't handle it. xD
Aw you will! I have crazy anxiety problems and get really nervous as well...but through the years I've learned to deal with it better.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
It's kind of nice you get to spend time with him when he really needs you though! But I wish you luck finding another job <3
It is nice, but I need out of the house. I live with my parents because I help them out with the bills and I don't make enough to have a place of my own. I just need time away from them because there are times when my mom and I go at it. I swear that we have a love hate relationship, but that comes from our personalities.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 AM

I don't live in Charlotte, but I do live close enough to that place to hear about it on the radio. I think their school system is a big mess. Charlotte is a pretty place to visit every month or so, but you couldn't pay me to live there.