Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/blkmage/exm2-bb.jpg[/imgleft]

P R O J E C T ♥ C L I C H E
M I N I ♥ C O N T E S T

UPDATE: EXTENDED DEADLINE.

I have set the deadline for the finished product to May 31st, 2009.
Please have the finished product in on or by May 31st! (no WIP is necessary now, as I know people are busy. ><; )

--

This is the last time I'm drawing for anything other than RL commissions or gifts to friends, so I hope it's worth it!*

Last edited by Reinel; 06-04-2009 at 11:35 AM..

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 PM

. . . . . . . . . .

Your mission?
Draw my OC couple, Emi & Masao (scroll down).
You can play around with their outfits, but please keep their hair colors (listed in appearance descriptions), hair styles, and eye colors intact. :]
By the way, when you submit your piece, please explicitly say it's for the contest! xD

*Max 2 entries per person.
*Types of art allowed: Digital, traditional, chibi (but regular preferred). Must be colored. In general, anime styles are preferred over realistic.
*Please PM (on Gaia) or note (on dA) me your entries! :whee: I will show all of them when the contest is over, because I don't want potential entrants to get discouraged by others' entries. xD

内容
・オリジナルキャラの恵美・雅夫ペアを内容とした絵のコンテストです。
・服などは変えていただいても結構です。
・一人によって最大二枚エントリーできます。
・デジタルでもTraditionalでも結構です。
・エントリーはPMかdAのノートでおねがいします。コンテストが終わったら皆様の作品をお見 せします。

. . . . . . . . . .

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 PM

. . . . . . . . . .

Judging
I will be judging, possibly with two other people or so, based on:
1. Interaction
(Fun interactions between the characters always win!) (Clarification: Interacting, as in, don't draw them just standing next to each other. Give them a little a little background story or something. The better interaction, the more likely the piece will win. Be creative. Have fun!)
2. Accuracy
(Don't draw them too OOC? ; w; )
3. Skill
(Self-evident.)

審査
・キャラクターのインターアクション
・キャラクターの性格が大体あっているか
・絵の技術

. . . . . . . . . .

Prizes

(1) First place:
CG waist-up couple/2 characters (not two separate pics!) or CG waist-up/1 character or CG Fullbody chibi or Speedpaint waist-up
(2) Second place:
CG waist-up/1 character or CG Fullbody chibi or Speedpaint waist-up
(3) Third place:
CG Headshot chibi or Waist-up sketch
(4) Fourth place:
Bust-up sketch

*Non-chibi CG art will generally include a bit of background. The detail in the background depends on whether or not it would suit the overall composition (i.e. artistic freedom here).

General style samples

devART | SheezyART | MangaBullet

Just FYI, but for prizes, I will not draw:
Anthro, mecha, clutter, or ugly avatars. I will simplify if necessary.

. . . . . . . . . .

Entries will be shown and featured when the contest is over. ^^

:heart:

Last edited by Reinel; 04-12-2009 at 12:49 PM..

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 12:45 PM

[ EMI MASAO ]

General refs 'n' details package!
(aka what I copy paste on every shop's form = u=b )
Quote:
OC couple, Emi & Masao [CG ref 1] [CG ref 2] [CG ref 3] [CG ref 4] [CG ref 5] [CG ref 6] [Fullbody ref, by Neko-Shippo]

Please draw some cute interaction between them! <3

See comics et al. HERE: click me! :]
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/blkmage/04emichar.png[/imgleft]
OKAZAKI EMI
岡崎恵美 (おかざきえみ)

Basics
Birthdate: April 3rd (Aries)
Hobby: Stalking Kazuki, formulating devious plans to win Kazuki's heart, tennis.
Info
Emi is the heiress to a large publishing company. She is also Kazuki's former girlfriend, and still has a crush on him. Emi is aggressive, very assertive, and strong will backed up by powerful family, and with this personality, she commands the boss of her family's "bodyguard" (gang in actuality), Masao. Despite her outward personality, she is very sensitive and is often stung to the core by Kazuki's blunt remarks.
Appearance
Reddish brown hair, yellowish brown eyes. Has two hair clips on either side of her head. She goes to a different school, so she wears a different uniform. Her style is sporty or cute.
Relationships
Masao: The boss of the Okazaki family's bodyguard troupe (aka gang). She orders him around like a well-trained dog, though he does object to things she says sometimes. He is an irreplaceable figure to Emi, as he is always with her in some way or another, though he does not realize it. However, Emi scorns the very idea of being in a relationship with him. Of course, she folds eventually.
Kazuki: Ex-boyfriend-and-possibly-betrothed. Emi likes Kazuki. Kazuki doesn't like Emi, and says he never did. Emi's publishing family is good friends with Kazuki's actor family, and so, when they were living in America, their parents thought it'd be great if their children got married. When Kazuki went to Japan, Emi chased after him.
Yuuko: Emi hates Yuuko. Yuuko feels bad about "taking her man," as Emi puts it, and distances herself from Kazuki.

[imgright]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/blkmage/03masachar.png[/imgright]
TAKANO MASAO
高野雅夫 (たかのまさお)

Basics
Birthdate: May 5th
Hobby: Going to arcades, doing his job (as a gang member…), drinking orange juice, fiddling with electronics
Info
Masao is the boss of the Okazaki gang. He is cool, collected, seemingly maniacal to some, and is generally avoided by most people. Though he seems not to care about anything, and is sometimes melancholy, there is a certain childishness about him. He likes to tinker with mechanical items in his spare time while drinking OJ like a good little boy.
Appearance
Dyed white hair, red contacts. His real eye color is brown. He wears red contacts by order of Emi, who thinks it makes him more intimidating to opponents.
Defining attributes: Leather jacket with fuzz, but a shirt and tie underneath.
Relationships
Emi: His boss. Masao often bickers with Emi when her plans sound absurd, but often ends up complying. He is almost always with her as a sort of bodyguard (which is his job anyway). Masao has known for a long time that Emi fancies Kazuki, but to his chagrin, he falls for her anyway.
Kazuki: Masao hates Kazuki. He finds it annoying how this little boy can make Emi run in circles, and how Emi won't snap out of the spell.
Yuuko: Masao seems to know her somehow.

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 12:48 PM

[ OPEN ]

**This contest is mainly based on Gaia (so the gold prizes do not apply on Mene). The prizes I am offering on Mene/dA are ART ONLY. (But if you have a Gaia account, you do qualify for gold prizes.)

...Yeah, I just wanted to advertise on this site too. xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-12-2009, 04:56 PM

You have very cute characters! I definitely want to participate if I have time. :3

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 PM

>w< Whee~ thank you for your interest!

Sayhn
*^_^*

Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM

-grabby hands at your arts-

so lovely

i wish i had the free time/talent to enter!

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 AM

Just a bit of an update... I took out the WIP requirement on 4/30 because I'm busy, everyone's busy, and we'd all benefit with fewer deadlines. ^^;

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 PM

I'll have to see if I have time to enter. <3 I really like the characters.

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 PM

O_O I didn't even know you had a mene account..
I'll think about entering, but I'm a bit uninspired lately.

Tsuki-Chani
Ice Cream Binger

Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 AM

wahh! definitely want to try~ =u=
poor Masao~ having a girl you like who likes another guy is tough~ xDD

lilis
owo

Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 PM

oh wow.. i love your art style *^* <33333 may 31st... i'll think about entering >0<;; the only part i don't like is that entry has to be colored OTL;;

Squee-chan
*^_^*

Old 04-25-2009, 05:05 AM

-_- I don't think my art is anywhere good enough for this stuff. XDDD It's lovely though! =3 I don't know why you need other people to draw them when your art is so amazing *_*

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-26-2009, 03:58 AM

Artists like having people draw their characters. >_> I'm pretty good myself, but I still like getting art drawn for me... Being able to draw doesn't mean you stop liking art. XD;

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM

* A* Thanks for all the replies! I didn't know this thread actually had visitors... xD;; *was looking at replies through email notifications* ^^;

As for receiving art, it's always nice whether or not you can draw for yourself. :] Looking at my art makes me bored... haha.

Anyway, one month left! >w<

I was considering doing compensation sketches for all entrants, but that tends to attract people who BS their entry for the little prize... but uh, I hope the prizes are decent enough. ^^;;

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-02-2009, 12:53 AM

I drew Masao, I'l scan later. n.n

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 AM

>w< Thank you~

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 05-02-2009, 07:12 AM

Best of luck Reinel ^^!!

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Thanks! ^^

About four weeks left now~

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 AM

aw blizzchu - I hope I have time to enter D:

Kana613
Starving Artist

Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 AM

Maria: D : Me to. Or at least I was thinking about it...

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Three weeks left~ ^^

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Two weeks left. :>

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 05-17-2009, 06:19 PM

I hope you're getting lots of nice entries! Good luck with the last two weeks of your contest!