Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 PM

I'm reading Soul of the Fire now...I liked the rest of the books up until this point, because this one is very BORING. I am hald way through...I hope it gets good :3

Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 02:31 AM

I've only read one of his books called "Soul of the Fire". I found the book in my high school's gym stands and I decided to read it. Since I didn't read all of the books before this book, I didn't get anything from the beginning, but I still found the book interesting.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM

So the nationwide release was yesterday. I still haven't picked it up yet thuogh Little bit short on money (read: have no spare pennies) and so it will have to wait a bit. *sigh* anyway, the last book is out now. go buy it!

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-26-2008, 07:23 PM

(wow i'm after a year later than the first post lol)
I just started reading the books a few days ago, but i can already tell that i'm gonna love them. My aunt recommended it to me and when i went to the bookstore i picked up Wizard's First Rule: Oh My God i'm hooked lol

Miss Lalaba
Send a message via ICQ to Miss Lalaba Send a message via AIM to Miss Lalaba Send a message via MSN to Miss Lalaba Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Lalaba

Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 PM

It's actually been a while since I read these, and I think I only got up to maybe the fifth book (I'm not sure of the title, sorry!). I used to work part-time at a local library, just shelving books and such, and when I saw them on the shelf I couldn't help but take out the first one to read.
It was defintely one of the best books that I'd read in a while (besides Harry Potter, but that's another story), so I took out the next book...and the next...very awesome! Somewhere along the line I ran out of time to read on a regular basis, and it's been a few years since then. I've been wanting to read the rest of the series, but I'd have to start at the beginning again, since it's been so long. But it would really be worth it.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 06-06-2008, 05:05 AM

A friend recommended these to me a few months ago.... I got the first few and COULDN'T STOP READING THEM. They were great. Without a doubt, my favorite is still Faith of the Fallen. It seemed to me to be the best example of what he was trying to communicate. :heart:

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM

OMW!!! I LOVE Terry Goodkind!!!! I have read most of the series but I haven't read Phantom or Confessor. I am hoping to read those soon once the used book store will open up so i can dig through the books and search for them. Terry Goodkind is one of the BEST authors that I have ever read!! I think everyone should start with Wizards First Rule or else they would missut on a lot of exciting things!!!

Rikka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-31-2008, 03:27 AM

I've read every book in the Sword of Truth series, many of which I read several times. Wizards First Rule is my fourth favorite book (preceeded by Homeland, Exile, and Soujourn by R.A. Salvatore)

The SoT series is easily one of the most amazing book series' on the planet. Goodkind was able to make the readers feel as if they were part of the story. It sends shivers down my spine.

My favorites are Wizards First Rule, and Chainfire.

Least favorite was Debt of Bones. Too short for my tastes.

There was one part of Chainfire that really pulled me in. It was pages 193 to 197 (I wrote it down) when Cara was loosing her will and Richard had to pull her back to reality. This part of the book was, in my opinion, the most amazing words to be written. Ever.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll gladly copy paste it to you in a message or e-mail so you can expierience the magic of Goodkind's writing <3

Des_512
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-23-2008, 03:00 AM

The Sword of Truth books quickly become my favorite series but I never get to talk to anyone about cause no one's even heard of em. I'm in the middle of the third book now....so no Spoilers please

Last edited by Des_512; 11-23-2008 at 01:13 PM..

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 11-24-2008, 12:55 PM

I HATED the way Confessor ended, and how they introduced the characters. I kinda wish that things were different in the books, but I must say that I LOVE the part Nicci puts the collar on Jagang mwahahaha!!! >:) Yeah other than that, oh and I also haven't read Debt of Bones...yet, but hte rest of the series i've read and i'm gonna go ver them again, just because I can and I want all the stuff that goes on. So that is what I say.

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 12-01-2008, 04:25 AM

I loved Wizard's First Rule. But I hated the 2nd one, and i have a friend who read farther than that, like the first 5 i think, and she got tired of Richard and Kahlan being separated and getting back together and being separated and getting back together in every book. When they finally got married, she was like "finally, i don't have to hear about them breaking up anymore" but she was wrong.

Leda_et_al
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 PM

This series without a doubt makes my soul cry out in pain. I cannot get through them. I just can't stand reading about the torture of decent people over and over and over again. My beau loves them. Tried to get me to read them. I read the first two and then clawed my eyes out. Seriously. *shudder* Rape, murder, torture, loving your torturer and then having to kill them, murder, corruption of the innocent, miscommunication, war, death of loved ones and then pepper with betrayal and you've got it.

/end rant

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 12-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkhart_9 View Post
I HATED the way Confessor ended, and how they introduced the characters. I kinda wish that things were different in the books, but I must say that I LOVE the part Nicci puts the collar on Jagang mwahahaha!!! >:) Yeah other than that, oh and I also haven't read Debt of Bones...yet, but hte rest of the series i've read and i'm gonna go ver them again, just because I can and I want all the stuff that goes on. So that is what I say.
Actually I found the ending very fitting to the series. It completed it, fulfilled the prophecies and just made all around sense. And I loved how he figured out the key to the boxes of orden as well. Seriously that had me laughing after how long everyone was searching for the correct Book of counted shadows. xD

Leda- true. I have to admit to throwing the books a couple of times at least while reading them because it pissed me off how easy it was for Jagang and his followers to get ahead and how hard Richard and everyone with a heart had to work just for a little headway. It wasn't fair at all. But, that is the battle of ultimate good verses ultimate evil for you. People will easily go to the side that has the best chances of winning believing that it will be for the best and they will get rewarded, but really all they get is stuck with mob mentality and destroy the very thing they hoped to get.

If you finish the books I think you'll like them. ^^;;

Leda_et_al
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-15-2008, 05:47 PM

@melody xyelle
But it hurts. *whimper* For you and all the others in my life who really think this series is worth it, I'll give it a second chance. And up my anti-depressants while reading. ^_~

XxDark_ElfxX

Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM

omg i love tht series with a passion!!!! i havent read all of them (just the first three) but they are definetly up there on my top five favorite list. XD

PennieLain
Math God

Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM

I've read all the way up to Phantom

My fave is the one with Gratch he is just so huggable. ^_____^