Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 AM

So I've been doing a lot of reading lately and one of my most recently devoured books was The Stand by Stephen King. For those who haven't read it, the main villain is Randall Flagg, a charismatic and demonic character who leads the people of Las Vegas and the powers of darkness against the powers of light in Colorado. Weirdly, the part of Flagg that really stands out to me is this cowboy boots. They're described as being very well worn and fitting his feet perfectly; the kind of boots that have been worn and walked in for thousands of years and thousands of miles. After I read that, I decided I wanted a pair of boots like that. So the question I'm putting out to the magnificent and all-knowing Menewsha community is this: do you have a favorite brand of cowboy boots that have served you faithfully and comfortably for many years? I'm not looking for fashion boots (the thin kind with pointy toes) as much as solid, utilitarian boots, though snazzy color choices would be nice, and I have wide women's feet. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 AM

I had to take my sister all over the place in Tennessee when she was looking for the same kind of boots. There was a boot warehouse that had riding gear in it that we finally found some in that fit her right. I would try a riding store or something like that to see if they have anything.

My other sister found these fashion ones that have phoenixes on the front recently at a thrift store. They're pretty awesome looking but they do have a bit of a point to the toe.

Souless Ginger Kid
I'd rather have a bottle in fron...

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM

I want a pair of cowboy boots too! They're just so fricken expensive for a good pair that will last you a long time. /:

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Mystic! It's looking like I'm going to have to suck it up and shell out $85-$100 to get a pair that really fit, but I think it'll be worth it. Maybe I'll look for discount riding stores online...I'd like to get a pair used, but I really want a pair that are broken to my feet specifically. But, you get what you pay for! So I guess I'll have to pay, hehe =^^=

Kleine Robotik
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Definitely invest the money. If there are two things you should spend money on in this world, they're shoes and a bed.

Shoes to keep your feet comfortable for working, to keep the wet out, and to be reliable and practical. A bed for you to throw your bones in at the end of the day and wake up refreshed the next morning. If you cheap out on either of these, you'll pay dearly. Not just in replacement costs (cheap things wear out faster, needing to be replaced, which costs more in the long run) but in the damage to your health and body. (Being exhausted, blisters, sore muscles, etc.)

If I were you I would look online for a forum where people who actually work out in the fields with agriculture and animals post so that you can ask them, or browse their forums for a similar discussion.

Oftentimes the best advice comes from people no one thinks to ask.