HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 AM

First off I would like to point out that I am 17 and in High School, so my writing may not be as "High Quality" as an older more experienced writer. I would like some advice on how to begin a story. I usually pour in alot of time trying to get an opening perfect because I believe a good opening is important. Will you please tell me your impressions and anything that may need some fixings? Please and Thank you.

First Story

A house full of everything I could ever wish for. Rooms full of items your mind has only dreamt of. Everything was made for my pleasure, yet all it brings now is sorrow. The house is full, but the emptiness is so complete.
He is gone. I repeat to myself. I know he is gone in my mind, but my heart refuses to listen it wishes for his return. I know he is gone, yet my heart refuses to listen to the logic of my mind. I know he will never return, yet there still is hope for his return.
The empty halls echo with my past. Webs of memories waiting to be reawakened, a walk down the halls will only bring me a tear stained cheek and a head full of unwanted visions of my past. My head fills with unwanted visions of my past without a walk down the empty halls. You're always the one on my mind, but nothing good ever comes from those thoughts.
Five years have passed and you still have not returned. I still wait for you. I watch the sun slowly rise to start a new day. I want you to come home, but you will never be back. I am leaving you like you left me if you return it is your turn to wait for me. I know now that all you gave me was false happiness and a broken heart beyond repair. Your name is now unspoken. You are forgotten by everyone, but me. When your name is spoken it brings back the emptiness and the unwanted visions of my past. Gabriel...

Second Story

The souls of long ago have broken free from there eternal resting place. They seek revenge on those who have damned them. They will stop at nothing to kill those responsible for their deaths. What has happened to cause such a riot among the souls? The ones they seek are long gone punished for their unforgivable sins. Yet, these souls remain at large killing the innocent people of this world. We cannot control these souls any longer. We ask for forgiveness for we are about to commit sins. We will cast these souls out into the pit of hell where they now belong for their new found sins. We cannot allow this to continue for the safety of the world we are to watch over. Goddess, forgive me and my people. We must save the people before we are too late.
The human world was something most of us thought of only of as a dream. It was something that we were told never to touch, never to go near. It was the jewel that we were here to protect and nothing more. Those of us who had been given the privilege to go to the human world were not fooled. It was no jewel it was a corrupt world full of foolish creators. Then again who were we to judge them? We were in fact the same only a few factors separated us from them. They were given more freedom than us and most of us envy them for that.
The Goddess had given them lives that they could live freely and we were given jobs and duties from birth. Everything we were to do was to protect that creation that is what is engraved into our minds. That was our purpose, to protect the Goddesses creations. We are the tools that are used to protect. Nothing more and nothing less, this is our job or right.
Did I hate those humans for this? No, I could not hate them for that fact. They did not choose this for us. They didn’t even know we really existed. They had tales of us, but they had no real evidence that we really existed. I cannot hate them for something they had no control over. I will protect them because they can live the life that I can only wish to live. They have the right to enjoy the life the Goddess has given them. I will do the job I was given and I will protect them until I am unable to do so.

Last edited by HarukiAi; 05-06-2011 at 03:16 AM..