qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 PM

The Arena.
People from far and wide come to watch the gruesome battles that take place here. Although, all the people that fight within the Arena were either born there or taken there by force. Each gladiator fights to be free of the wretched place, and each fights for their life.

Join the Fight. Fight the Battle. Battle for Freedom!

Scenery:

The Arena looks much like the Roman Coliseum, but it had two little domes on either side of it. The West dome is about five stories high and has enough room to hold all the gladiators and their things.

The East dome is the same size of the west dome but it is a forest. The ceiling is glass so thick that ever a boulder falling on is could not even scratch it. This is where many a gladiator can hang out, take a break, eat alone, and so forth.

The Arena is a enchanted terrain. It changes every day and is only the same once every week. It usually is a sandy ground with boulder to hide behind, tough sometimes its a small "abandoned" village, with old and broken houses to hide in.

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Disclaimer: For those of you who don't like fighting and gory sports please don't join. I made this for the sake of fighting and seeing a little bloodshed written down. Thank you.

Rules:
1. No Goddmoding.
2. PM me your profile.
3. Romance is okay but remember this is a fighting RP.
4. Please keep it semi-lit, no "chat talk".
5. When you join please do your best to post.
6. For your sake and mine post at least three sentences.
7. The rules might and can change.
8. HAVE FUN!
9. If you wish to fight another RPer and said RPer want to fight you to, PM me and I'll play "guard".
10. when you PM me your profile make the subject "Freedom or Death" so I know you read the rules.

Fighting Rules:

For fights against creatures and monsters, you can do whatever you want. Just make sure it's an interesting/bloody battle.

For fights against other RPer's you must "challenge" said RPer. Now it'd be best that if your challenged you accept. Unless of course you are wounded or something. You can also both agree you want to fight and I'll temporally play the guards and carry you two or three or whatever off to the Arena to fight. When you challenge someone and they accept PM me who who guys are and we'll go from there ^^.

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2008, 05:52 PM

Profile Skeleton:

Mene Name:
Name:
Race:
Weapon: (three tops)
Magic: (six tops/Optional)
Background: (one paragraph at least please)
Appearance:
Other: (Optional)

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2008, 06:10 PM

Gladiators:

Name: Vivex Lead-Pelt
Race: Half Were-Wolf, Half Human
Weapon: Giant Hammer, Sapphire dagger, Claws.
Magic: Illusions, Control over Earthen elements (such as earth, rock, lava etc.), Super agility.
Background: Vivex was cared after by her father and older brother. Her father was a Were-Wolf, and her mother, who was Human, had died a few years after Vivex was born. When Vivex was seven solders from the Arena came and took her father, her brother and herself to the Arena. For three years in the Arena Vivex and her brother and father fought as a three person team. But the day came when her father had to fight his battle alone. He died that battle and Vivex swore that she would fight every battle until she was free, so that her father could rest knowing that she was alive, and well.
Appearance: Vivex Lead-Pelt
Other: Vivex only goes crazy on the Half Moon and she can stop herself form hurting only her closest friends. She wears shorts not a mini skirt like in the pick...

Name: Miirik Lead-Pelt
Race: Half Were-Wolf, Half Human
Weapon: Dragon Sword, Emerald daggers, Claws.
Magic: Control over Air elements (such as wind, lighting, darkness etc.), Super Speed, Strong healing.
Background: Miirik had watched over his little sister ever since his mother died. He taught Vivex most of the fighting skill she knows, while she picked up her magic from her father. He tried his best to fight off the people from the Arena, but he fail so his father, his sister and himself were cast into that horrible place. After his father died in the one-on-one battle he and Vivex made a vow that they would both die outside the Arenas walls. Miirik and Vivex now fight as a two-person team and are rarely seen apart.
Appearance: Miirik Lead-Pelt
Other: Miirik only goes crazy on the half moon, but he can control him self better than his sister.

Mene Name:Hotaruhoshi
Name: Meredith
Race: Human
Weapons: small throwing blades (pic) , [x] , kunai knives
Magic: Contriol over fire (flames, embers and such, Mind magic (she can close her eyes and see, move small objects and such), Evil Eye (can see through illusions, basically the focus of her psychic powers)
Background: when she was 12 yeas old she was the victim of jealousy because of her blond hair. One of these girls let it slip to someone of the Arena that she was a rather good fighter, this wasn't a lie she was good with throwing knives and such, but she wasn't that good a fighter then. For that small tip, she saw her entire family be murdered except for her and her older sister. they were both taken and her sister died in her first battle. She now fights for her way out, she has a calm and sweet personality and she's a bit fo a joker, making it easy to befriend her, but on the field she forgets everything and only thinks of her family and everyone murdered there, and she's a merciless killer
Appearance: clicky clicky
other: the evil eye she has is actually a curse laid apon her family, it causes her nights to be full of nightmares and she gets possesed by the spirits that died in teh Arena when she has to fight a battle

Mene Name: Cows Go Moo
Name: Reira and Fred Duvaux
Weapon: A chained scythe, like this and spiked gloves
Magic: Reira-Phasing through solid objects. Fred-Fire, Telepathy[with her sister], and spontaneous regeneration
Background: Reira and Fred Duvaux were twins that were originally healthy and everything, but due to a miscarriage, only Reira survived. After that Reira had a normal life in the village she lived in, that is until she was about 8. it was then that she started hearing a voice. That voice talked to her and old her that it was her brother. She believed that she was going crazy, but four years later when she was attacked by a wolf. When she thought she was dead her body was pretty much hijacked by Fred and he killed it. Ever since she has been 16 living and just fighting with her brother inside her head, as if they were a duo. This has lead her to be not as social as normal, preferring to talk to her brother, but sometimes that makes people think she's crazy.
Appearance: [Reira] and [Fred]
Other:

Mene Name: Yume_no_Yume
Name: Ophelia Cadress
Weapon: A large axe, or a long sword [depending on who/what she is fighting]
Magic: Can communicate with animals and can create preciptation and use it for her will
Background: Ophelia was a jus brought to the Arena a short while ago, dragged away while taking a walk through the forest near her house like she always had. Being taken there, she had to be tested, since she looked very normal, and was sent up against a young chimera, but she refused to fight it, cuddling it as she was hit by the guards. When the chimera was hit, she lost it and fought all the guards that were there, only being forced to stop when she was completely restrained by reinforcements. A higher ranking guard was about to put the animal to death, for it had not attacked her, although he didn't know she had calmed it down, she broke free of the guards with a small snow storm and lunged at the higher rank, her sword pressed against his neck. Laughing, he allowed her to keep the chimera as her pet and fighting companion.
Appearance: Ophelia is fairly tall, with wavy, pale blue hair and green eyes, usually wearing heavy leather boots, short green shorts and a hooded sweater, with a light armor underneath.
Other: Her constant companion is Kristos, the chimera. Her senses are higher than average from being taught by animals.

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM

Vivex layed down on the soft grass of the East Dome. Her leg throbbed from the wound but Miirik had stopped the bleeding and healed it most of the way. She and Miirik had just fought a HUGE Naga and they both almost died. Vivex's hammer lay beside her, it still had some blood on it. Vivex sighed.
"Seven years Miirik. We've been living here for seven god-damned years." She looked over to her brother who was sitting in the shade of an oak tree right next to her. He was always so peaceful, how did he do it?

Miirik heard his sister and turned to her.
"Yes, seven years. Do you believe we have even lived this long?" He smiled thinking of all the battles they had won together. Miirik looked back to the sky. He remembered his mothers words when Vivex had been born.
"Now remember Miirik, you and your sister must always be together, for without the other your names mean nothing. You are Miirik, Song. Your sister will be Vivex, Victory. This way you both will be 'Victory Song'!" Miirik smiled at the memory. It was then that he put his life to teaching Vivex, he never wanted to be alone.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2008, 04:49 AM

Meredith walked aroun the East Dome. he didn't ahve a fight today and relaxed a bit. It had been five years since she wasbrought here, and still no way out, she had given up on trying to find an escape route and had ever since only focused on trying to get herself under control on the battlefield but it didn't go very well.

It was then that she saw Vivex and Miirik, she had never really talked to them but they were wounded so she walked over to help them. "Vivex what happened?" she asked needlessly, it was obvious what had happened. she looked at the wound, it wasn't bleeding but it still looked bad enough. She felt a bit awkward not knowing her and talking to her so direct but it felt better than ignoring this. Most fighters in the Arena didn't talk to eachother or find it good when another fighter was injured, since there was a chance of them fighting that person later on, but Meredith didn't believe in that, she was always nice andw anted to make friends instead of being mean and such. shew as not one ot hold grudges, not even to the one that had landed her here

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 AM

Vivex sat up and looked at Meredith,
"Hm? Oh, nothing to really worry about. I'll be fine by morning. Can you believe how BIG them Nagas can get?" Vivex smiled, she had seen Meredith on occasion and knew here to a certain extent.
"You seem to not want to fight on the spot. Care to join us in peaceful sitting around?" Vivex's eyes were kind. She liked it that Meredith was one of those gladiators that actually cared about others.

Miirik nodded to Meredith.
"Afternoon. Bread, cheese and wine?" He took out a loaf of bread, a big chunk of cheese and a bottle of wine out of his bag.
"Don't you love them magic bags?" He said in a friendly tone. His father had given him the bag. Miirik cut off a few pieces of bread and cheese and handed them to his sister and Meredith.
"So, what brings you to the East Dome?" Is was a somewhat stupid question, but what else was there to talk about? Other than the dreadful past the every gladiator suffered, and that wasn't really a much liked topic.

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 03-22-2008, 03:24 PM

A boy was sleeping on a bench clearly apathetic to the three talking to each other. Hey Freddy wake the hell up! Freddy groaned, rubbing his head. We switched, again? Ugh, well at least, you're in good shape this time. He stood up and ran a hand through his hair. Pft, you wish! At least my clothes aren't bloody. He ignored his sister and walked over to the group. "Morning neighbors, get in any fights lately." He said the last part sarcastically and looked at the wound on Vivex. He looked at Meredith and wondered how long she had been here. He scratched his head and yawned. Fred glanced at Miirik who had some food out from a magic bag. "Sweet, an afternoon brunch."

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2008, 07:16 PM

((By the way how deos it work in the arene, like when you fight and who you fight and such??))

"Yeah, thos Nagas are really getting out of control" Meredith agreed with Vivex. "And I would love to join you, this place is in some serious need of peace" she sat down in the grass and smiled at Vivex. She took the bread with a polite 'Thank you' and began to eagerly nobble the bread. When Miirik asked her what brought her here, she thought about it. "Well I guess the West Dome is boring and you can sleep there or b bored and wel what other place is there to go then the East Dome. I just wish they had some books in this place" She replied still with a smile "So, it's obvious you guys are here for recovery of the last figth, am I right?"

She continued to eating the cheese now, she alway ate teh parts seperate, she was odd that way, and she was thinking of something to say, something not offensive and since they couldn't really talk about the weather...

Then Meredith noticed teh boy "'Morning, and not me lately" she said as she smield at him, she really did smile a lot. "What about you?" she had never seen him around before, maybe she had missed him

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-22-2008, 07:54 PM

Fred felt tempted to take a giant swig from the wine bottle, but remembered that there were other people here too. He picked up a piece of bread and wolfed it down, hungrily. Oh yes, last night's fighting must have made you hungry, especially when I was the one who took the bulk of the damage. His sister yelled this into his head, but he responded calmly as if it was an everyday occurrence. Reira, don't you remember it's a team effort! Like with Miirik and Vivex. Reira stayed silent, watching Fred as he ate the bread. Miirik and Vivex don't share a freaking body smart one. Fred looked at Meredith before answering. "Really? Well lucky you, I had a brutal fight with a shadow demon. Thankfully I had won." Oh so now we're going for spite? Relax Reira, you'll get your body back tomorrow

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 AM

((meh, whenever you feel like it. Just make a guard carry you off to fight.... I'll put something up in the rules post.))

Vivex nodded.
"Yeah, a book or scroll or something to read would be quite nice." She took a bite of bread and a sip of wine.
"And yes we have been coming here for years after every battle." When the new boy asked about battles Vivex gave him her widely know 'is that so' look.
"Yes, figgen Naga almost cut my leg off. And you fought a Shadow Demon? Now how close did you come to dieing? Just out of curiosity." she said that in a mildly sarcastic yet friendly tone. HOw close you came to dieing was a widely talked about subject, for most people bragged on how they had beaten the creature so fast and without injury but most of that was just talk.

Miirik raised an eyebrow at the new boy.
"And who might you be?" He could've sworn he had seen him before, but you never know. Now that he thought about it, Shadow Demons were often used as a training fighters. Miirik shrugged this off. Taking a slice of cheese he put it on his bread and took a bite. smiling at the mixed flavor he had always liked he leaned back against the tree. He knew that once Vivex was battle ready they would have to fight again.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2008, 03:44 AM

Meredith looked at the newcomer in a weird way, it looked like he was having some sort of inner battle or something, either thaty or he was drunk, very good possibility "Are you drunk or sober?" she asked bluntly
In a not-so-caring way. She didn't have respect fro anyone that leets himself get drunk, she thoguht it was just retarded.

"God, I hope I don't have to fight anythime soon, I'm exhausted still from myu last battle, you two are lucky to ahve eachother" she told Vivex and Miirik "Fighting alone is even more of a drag" She said with an annoyed expression on her face. She had finnished the bread and cheese and leaned back to a tree. The scenery felt fake because it was inside, no sun or fresh air, they were too afraid the fighters would escape, which offcoarse, she would do if it were possible

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-23-2008, 04:55 AM

Fred finally took a small sip of wine and stuffed a slice of cheese down his throat. "Interesting, same here. It's been a brush with death, like all my other battles." He smirked and relished his memories. He, like his sister had loved taking risks, despite everything else that they differed on. Oh the joy of flashbacks. At least we (oh wait I mean I) didn't get too injured. His had piped in again making him mutter something to himself. He looked at Miirik and answered his question calmly. "Fred Duvaux at your service." He chuckled at Meredith's question, making Reira giggle a little too. Geez Reira, I'm not that much of an alcoholic. And can hold it too. "Maybe a little of both."

He still had a grin on his face and stared at Merdeith. Tsk, tsk, that girl has got to learn some manners. Maybe you should comb that hair of yours before talking about etiquette. He sat down on a nearby bench, and leaned back. "Agreed. I just want to take a day of rest." He turned his head to face the brother and sister duo. "Yeah, you're really lucky to have your siblings with you all the time. I wouldn't say that fighting is a drag though. It's kind of fun when you find a worthy opponent." Mm, I like duos particularly. They always try to surround us. Aren't we famous for something though? What? Switch Step? If anything we're famous for all the kills we've made..and being crazy.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2008, 05:06 AM

"Yeah I wouldn't mind fighting either if only I were myself" she siad and then realizing what she had said. she cursed herself, if she would tell them thye would either step away from her like she had some kind of disease or declare her insane, it's what the others she had told had done. 'Hmm maybe it won't be so bad to be declared crazy, would they let mentally ill people fight? they probably will' she thought.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-23-2008, 05:19 AM

Fred raised an eyebrow at what Meredith had said. I would, because then I'd be the one with the blood my hands. Same body, same hands. Okay your's are bigger than mine, but whatever. He didn't say anything, but nodded in agreement. "It's kind of weird how we can act totally different out on the battlefield compared to just sitting around. I don't know about that, you're still your asinine self. Says the girl who's a motormouth even when she's almost dead. They continued to argue inside their consciousness, unnoticed by the others there, at least Fred hoped so.

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Vivex turned back to Meredith.
"Yeah, If only our father were so lucky..." Her eyes had darkened now. shaking off the bad memories Vivex layed down on the grass. She heard the boy say his name was Fred.
"Haven't I heard that last name before? Duvaux, Duvaux... Hmm, it'll come to me later." Vivex closed her eyes and tried to sleep. Sleep was what she needed now, it would help the healing process. She knew that fighting, fight, after fight wasn't good but the more popular you became the faster you got out.

Miirik looked at Fred.
"Yes, having someone to back you up is good. Though, you need a hell of a lot of patience and if we both don't agree, we have to think of something else or it just doesn't work." He watched has Fred stood and sat on a bench close by. When Meredith said she wished she were herself on the battle field, this sparked Miirik's interest.
"What do you mean, are you someone else in battle?" Miirik had always been interested in personality change, given that he was half Were-Wolf.

Vivex sat up and shook her head. She wouldn't be able to sleep right after eating. She looked up at Fred. He looked troubled somewhat.
"Whats on your mind?" She stood up and sat next to him on the bench, Vivex cringed slightly but the wound didn't hurt to much. Fred was a little cocky but she learned never to judge someone by the first impression.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Fred craned his neck to look up at the fake sky, taking in it's synthetic features. It was still eye candy even if it wasn't real. I wonder why we even fight in the first place. We might as well act as psychics or try and get a job as stadium vendors. Because that's the only thing we're good at. Besides, it's not like you can cook. His sister mentally slapped him, if that was even possible. He looked back at Vivex and nodded.

He and Reira haven't had family contact since they came here. His ears piped up when Miirik at spoke to him. "I hear that. It took forever to get my partner to work with me." He put a slight emphasis on "forever", but only in his head. Especially when I had to keep telling you that it's my body. Me, me, me. Is that all you think about? Ever heard of sharing? Shut up! Fred was about to respond when Vivex had asked a question. "Nothing much, just thinking about sibling rivalry."

Yume_no_Yume
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Ophelia lay in the East Dome, her head and back against Kristos, the snake-headed tail recieving a scratch every so often from her hand as they basked in the sun.

'Ophelia...' the three voices spoke as one in her head. 'We have asked time and again if your family will not miss you, and you dodge the question every time. Please, tell us why.'

'Why I avoid the question, or does my family worry?' she asked, her eyes closed against the soft fur.

A sigh was heard, although louder than most for three sighs occured simultaneously, and then the answer was give, 'Why you always answer our questions with a question is beyond our grasp, but either will do.'

'Fine, I shall answer both, for you did not make me choose which to answer. I avoid the question because it pains me, I love my family dearly, but they are poor and I have many siblings that need feeding, so now they have one less mouth to feed,' she answered, somewhat sadly, just to be greeted by silence.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 PM

"It's nothing" Meredith answered ti Miirik, her eyes to the ground. "I'm just.. not myself" she didn't know if she wanted to tell them, though the secret had been layed heavily in her heart, but they would most certainly declare her crazy or some sort of demon or something, I mean she had an evil eye for gods sake, that wasn't normal!

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM

Vivex raised an eyebrow.
"Sibling rivalry? Odd thing to think about..." She leaned against the back of the bench.
"So what simple fights are you recalling or do you have a sibling here?" She looked at him in the eyes.

Miirik smiled, though it looked more like a smurk.
"Looking down at the ground, breaking eye contact, makes it clear to me that you have something more to say." His smile was ordinary this time.
"If you feel that maybe talking might help, here I am. Honestly, if you have some kind of personality change, I can understand. I'm half Were-Wolf, think of those changes." He looked at her kindly. He almost made a move to lift her chin back up, but he stopped himself.
"Don't go all touchy feelly on the girl. She's not your sister." He reminded himself sternly, but his kind face didn't waver.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-23-2008, 10:33 PM

Fred shrugged and looked at Vivex. "I guess so, having a sister here can be kind of weird. Especially when you never see her." At least until I find a pond. I can see you just fine. Haha, no really? His sister had said this sarcastically, but only in a joking way. Hey, you want to know soemthing interesting? They say if someone stares at you for more than five seconds they're checking you out. Pft, who would want to get someone as conceited as you? Too easy. He smirked inwardly, but remembered the other person there. "So, with Miirik. You guys are close huh?"

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2008, 10:43 PM

"You're a half-Werewolve" she asked a bit atonished "Some how I emagined werewolves to be al furry" she said smiling, bu then her face became sad again. she decuded to tell him but she spoke softly hoping this Fred woudln't hear.

"I.. am cursed" She bagan as she looked at Miirik a bit unsecurely "I have an evil eye, imprinted on me since my birth"

qeanin
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM

Vivex gave him a confused look.
"You never see her? Okay, I am now completely lost." She smiled. When Fred asked about how close Mirik and her, she hesitated before answering.
"Yes, quite close. He basically raised me. Along with my father, who died here in the Arena. He's taught me most of what I know about fighting, and a little magic." Vives shifted in her seat, trying to sit in a way so that her leg didn't hurt so much.
"So what about you? Anybody close to you here?"

Miirik laughed a little.
"Yes Were-Wolfs are usually quite fuzzy. Though Vivex and I were blessed with not so much hair." When he saw her face go all white, he leaned in closer to hear what she had to say.
"An 'evil eye'? Cursed? Hrm, now that is that kind of thing I'm interested in." Miirik gave Meredith an encouraging look. His eyes soft and caring. A bell tolled in the distance. Many Gladiators would be herded off to fight soon. He hoped that Meredith and Fred wouldn't have to go.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2008, 12:22 AM

"Well it gives me some cool powers and stuff, but once I zet foot in that arena, the spirits of the gladiators that died there possess me and I'm not myslef anymore, I'm a merciless killing machine" she said softly. "Apparently I was born to be a gladiator, but my mum hid me and my sister" she remembered how they were taken thanks to the jealousy of that one girl

Yume_no_Yume
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Sighing, Ophelia rolled over until she was looking at the lion face and spoke out loud. "Are you going to ignore me now and then try and talk sense into me?"

'...no,' they said quietly, all three heads shaking in unison. 'We were thinking or our own pride, and how they were either taken or killed. There were many of us and yet we were basically decimated. We wish we could have helped...but we were too young...'

"I know how you feel...I made sure they would leave the rest of my family alone. I just wish I could see them sometime...visiting hours you know? I didn't even get to say goodbye..." she sadly said, shaking her head, her face downcast.