Belarus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 AM

I have a wacom tablet. I have been searching the internet for tutorials on how to use it, but there are none to be found. Can someone help me? I have some art, and its pretty good. but once it gets scanned onto the computer, its all blurry and ugly and i try to use the tablet to help, but it doesnt work. Please, as said in the title, halp...

Last edited by Belarus; 10-27-2009 at 01:31 AM..

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-27-2009, 01:16 AM

a scanner and a tablet are two different things. A blurry scan either means your scanner is garbage or you don't have the setting selected properly. Always crop it before scanning, meaning get the scanning area as small as needed and make sure if's scanning at around 300 DPI.

As for tutorials, you don't really need one for a tablet. Just sit down and play with it. A tablet takes a lot of getting used to, it's much different than a pencil and paper. You can't get the hang of it over night. It just takes practice and patience.

It's art programs like corel painter or photoshop you would need tutorials over since the programs are complex and neat features can go over looked if not pointed out

Belarus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erailea View Post
a scanner and a tablet are two different things. A blurry scan either means your scanner is garbage or you don't have the setting selected properly. Always crop it before scanning, meaning get the scanning area as small as needed and make sure if's scanning at around 300 DPI.

As for tutorials, you don't really need one for a tablet. Just sit down and play with it. A tablet takes a lot of getting used to, it's much different than a pencil and paper. You can't get the hang of it over night. It just takes practice and patience.

It's art programs like corel painter or photoshop you would need tutorials over since the programs are complex and neat features can go over looked if not pointed out
The issue is i dont know how to use it. I cant play with it is i dont know how to use it.

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 AM

if you bought it from the company it should come with instructions on how to install it. A disk should have come with it as well. At least I know my Wacom tablet did. I don't know how other brands work.

The disk has the program installation on it. Once that it installed you should be able to just plug your tablet in and use it (your computer might need to be reset first after installing it though)

Belarus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM

oookay. How can i explain all this...umm... I know how to install it but i need help on how to draw with it. The pen,or something, keeps making everything go all out of wack.:|

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM

You will need to practice with it a bit. It kinda works like a real pen, you just miss the paper. It depends on what kind of wacom you have what all the buttons do, you can also change them. My tablet for instance is a Wacom Bamboo (the black one)
And my pen has two buttons on it. (yours should have two as well).

My settings are the following:
Upper button: click right
Lower button: click left.
My pen also has a drawing tip and an eraser tip (very handy when using Adobe Flash)

Both tips have pressure sensitivity, which means that they can handle pressure, just like a real pen/pencil. The line will get thicker when you press harder with your pen.
You can set the sensitivity as well.

What kind of program are you using while drawing? Photoshop?

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 AM

Hi Belarus, i hope this helps http://designm.ag/tutorials/wacom-tutorials/
it's a site with several tutorials, looks pretty thorough ;)

Narule_Mangaka
Artist, Cosplayer, White Mage

Old 11-20-2009, 06:18 AM

I have a tablet. Make sure you're not trying to use the mouse at the same time! Lol... I had the same kind of problem. It took me a while to get set up. When you plug in your tablet you SHOULD (usually) get a little icon in the right bottom corner by the time that's for your tablet. You should be able to click it and mess with some settings and do a sensitivity test.
If that doesn't work search for the software on your computer. If you installed it it must be somewhere. Tablets always seem to be touchy at first. Don't worry you'll get the hang of it!