monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 AM

I think some people who label colors are more colorblind than they think they are sometimes
i have lots of disagreements with people about which color things are...

it annoys me to no end especially when someone calls something that is a deep pink, red. [rolf] that's like one of my biggest peeves ever.

back to the hair though, if you're already pretty blonde and confident that you can bleach it safely, I'd say go for it and do what you normally do. Depending on the dye you may want to heat it up while its on your head but that's probably one of the only suggestions I'd make.
Baking the dye into your hair a little with a blow dryer can make the color more vibrant or last longer, it varies.
but the 'worst' hair dye jobs i've had were the ones that I didn't heat my hair up, sooo...lets just say i am a fan of that technique xD

Last edited by monstahh`; 10-29-2017 at 09:59 AM..

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:04 AM

Back when I hadn't realized I'm not good with forming opinions, I would say schools should teach the useful math and leave the crazy "useless" stuff for if you'll need it when you choose a specialization in college.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 10-29-2017, 10:04 AM

Yeah I tend to bring in an object thats the color I want or pictures if I get to go to the salon. :)

Oh yeah, those foil caps and blowdyer each time, also probably going to use A LOT of toner to keep it cool tones because I really don't want to try to undo brassy - ness

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:05 AM

I FLIP A TABLE WHEN PEOPLE GO CALLING PURPLY BLUE AND GREENISH BLUE JUST "BLUE." They're like, IT'S BLUE! And I'm like, YEAH! I LIKE BLUE! I get all excited, and then I see it, and I'm like, THAT IS PURPLE.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:07 AM

Theres LOTS of stuff I got As on in school I've totally forgotten, but in collage I did get to learn all the fancy stuff I actually WANTED to learn :)
Right and it seems when I try to get more specific with people like teal, turquoise, violet or lilac people have even less idea of what color I mean

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 10:07 AM

omg
when people call teal 'blue'

i asked for teal hair once
and got aqua colored hair

i even had a picture

i wish i was dexterous enough to really do my hair on my own.
usually when i do it i ask one of my friends to help
but she's sooo busy these days.

I was *almost* valedictorian at my school
i was the class speaker though since the valedictorian declined to make a speech at graduation

i used to be really smart, but i'm pretty sure all the things i've forgotten could fill several rooms...if not more!

now my education is definitely lacking a little with sooo many people having completed college (i did not)
but i try to spend time reading about science still and keeping up to date with "current events"

Last edited by monstahh`; 10-29-2017 at 10:11 AM..

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:16 AM

OH MY GOD TEAL IS NOT BLUE. NO.
I know of people mixing up aqua, turquoise, and teal. They messed up with a picture, though! Geez. XD

I like knowing stuff just to be smart, but if it's boring, there is no hope for me. I'm not learnin' it.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:20 AM

yeah I think I just have a totally different set of knowledge and skills from then to now. Just what I actually use more often. I enjoy passive learning like documentaries rather then stressful timed tests.

That is one thing I like about doing it myself I can mix two colors to be the perfect shade that I want. I am a little scarred to do it dye my hair on my own, I assume I will have lots of trouble in the back... but I really don't have anyone I trust to help me, normally I'm the one they come to not the other way around XP

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 10-29-2017 at 10:22 AM..

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:22 AM

My interests have changed as I've learned more about myself.
I do well when I teach myself, and then I need a teacher to tell me when I'm doing it right so I have confidence in my skills.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 10:26 AM

I have trouble with writers who write things but obviously have no background in the material
i love stuff written directly by the experts but in layman's terms.
the good scientists and such know how to explain complex ideas in a simple way
that shows very good understanding of a subject
and they can and will get more detailed, and sometimes you might have to look something up
but at least its not gibberish about how there's a new treatment for something or other and then a lot of jargon and bad metaphors that doesn't explain ANY of the science or details about it like what even am i reading?

i love reading stuff about religion though even though i'm not super religious myself. i'm a satanic atheist. lol
i just think its crazy and if i had the money and patience to do it i would try to find reasonable explanations for the mystical

like for example that burning talking bush?? dude was probably dehydrated and came across a small fire & maybe it was even a psychoactive plant and he inhaled some of it and bam, talking bush.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:26 AM

That makes sense to me, I feel as if I always have something to learn and am always looking for a teachers, even if it's just a tutorial and then forums for advice and confidence, sometimes

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 AM

sorry if i'm getting ramble-y or less-makey-sense
i have not slept since i took a nap around 3pm yesterday
and it wasn't that long a nap. :"<

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 AM

There's definitely always more to be learned.

I struggle with explaining things simply. More because I struggle with words in general. I don't say what I mean very well.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:29 AM

I like pictures, graphics, diagrams things like that really help me. But when thats not possible laymans terms are best I can't handle a lot of the jargon they use and I just get more lost on the vocabulary than the actual concept.

HAHA I know a lot of stoners that say the "burning bush" is a reference to something a bit more literal >.o

---------- Post added 10-29-2017 at 01:30 AM ----------

I'm prolly babbling sleepily to I keep missing post until after I've replied it's a little like playing leapfrog lol

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:33 AM

I'm working so hard on figuring out how I learn things best without getting bored.

*smirks* Like what they say about poor old Puff the Magic Dragon.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:35 AM

lived by the sea?

I try to make learning a game, if somethings interesting enough then I'm not board anyway, and luckily I'm not forced to learn much anymore unless it applies directly to something I DO want to know so it makes it worth it

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 10:36 AM

but...puff the magic dragon IS about drugs!!!

I like charts and graphics too. Visual learning is a big part of how I learn since half the stuff I hear spoken sounds like gibberish.
I ALWAYS have closed captions on when watching TV.
If I don't I usually have to go back, turn on captions, and rewatch the episode because I did not get a word of that

also its spoopy page 13!!

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:41 AM

Yeah I LOVE subtitles also great for shows and movies that go from super loud explosions to people basically whispering important dialog. OR if I'm watching travel stuff I have to pause it, type the strange foreign name into google maps and explore happily for a bit before returning to the show

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 10:44 AM

I hate when TV shows or movies have no sense of, "people don't want to blare this at max volume because its heckin loud!!" but then make realllly quiet scenes.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 AM

In a land called Honalee~

The tests in school say I'm a visual learner. It seems like I'm visual, then it seems like I'm auditory, then it seems like I'm tactile. It must depend on what I'm learning.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 10:49 AM

Right its like you just defend me and now I can't hear anything but you need to use inside voices?

Im kinetic I think. I learn best through doing practice, but visual is the second go to

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:51 AM

"Use it or lose it."

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-29-2017, 10:55 AM

some people are like that
I usually watch by learning, and then 'perfect' the skill by doing.
If its just learning names and dates and places etc I'm not very good with it though.
Reference sheets and google are my friends <3

Example: I can cook mostly w/o using measuring cups
but if someone asked me what year Martin Luther did his thing (lmao can't remember what it was except Christianity and something something pay money to be saved by the church) i would have no idea :(
just not good w/ memory like that
But another example: I still remember my warm up dance routine from class in middle school

I think my memory just has gone to shit because of one of the meds I was on a long time ago. I haven't been able to think clearly since then and I developed a twitch in my eyelid after taking it as well as losing muscle mass in my throat making it difficult for me to swallow and not inhale food.
:/
And they kept me on it for months because at the time my doctor thought i was just reading side effects off the internet and parroting them because I didn't want to be on meds
which was dumb because i was still going to the appointments ? doesn't that at least show i'm trying?
otherwise why pay like $250 to see someone just to tell them you're ignoring their advice
but he didn't listen to me and now I gots issues. :<

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-29-2017, 10:58 AM

I'm motivated to try harder for a nice teacher.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-29-2017, 11:01 AM

he nailed a letter to the church door calling them out on their shit and started Lutherans branched off from catholics... though why I recall that I'm not sure. But yeah address, numbers, locations - all that is dependent on google for me. I missed it so much, I tried writting things down and would lose the paper

---------- Post added 10-29-2017 at 02:01 AM ----------

agreed and mean teachers make me give up and hide >P