Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 06-21-2009, 05:20 AM

Welcome to the Menewshan Circus avatar contest! The objective of this contest is for you to create a circus performer costume. There are two catagories you may enter. The first is Performer. Her you can show off your style and interpretation of all the classic circus characters! The second is a bit more of a challenge. The SideShow. Here you can show your creativity and style as the dark side of the circus! So get those creative juices flowing and show me you have style, taste and a creative eye!

Code:
Form
Name:
Avi Image:
Catagory:(performer or sideshow)
Any thoughts or comments on the image: (a discription of your thought on the avi here and what your performer is)

FIRST SHOW OF WINNERS
Honorable mentions to be listed and staff pick!

Toddler Pick
Stormiie--celes set
Chocolate Cosmos--present set
Fairy Waifchickies and carot wand

Performers

First-raszala---armor set
Second-Thulhu--waves/blaze set
Third-Angel-- Spirit Girlweather forcast/regalia

Sideshow

First-Knerd--overloard/sprite
Second-Kultura--waves/blaze
Third-Catonia--ax/chakriam

Best discription

Strawberry Octopus-yummeh slippers
.Pixie Dust.-chakram

Ivvy's Pick
Cyndel--winters flight/glacial circlet

honorable mentions

Aoi Midori--yumeh pin
Fiziali--yumeh pin
LekLek--yumeh pin
Hyda--yumeh pin
sadrain--yumeh pin
Silver Magi--chilled beauty/frozen warmth
*Hime*--chilled beauty/frozen warmth
Goblin Maiden--yumeh bats/black widows pin
KatMagenta--spooky hairpin/pumpkin patch
DariaMorgendorfer--spooky hairpin/cloak of death
Loffel--big present/red and green present
xxxarcxangelxxx--purple present/big present
woopdidoodoo--chilled beauty/big present
oHsoDemandinG--chocolate bunny hairpin/a night in the graveyard
cloudwalker-grenach blade
Thulhu--grenach blade
Clair Voyant--orchid petals
Popcorn Gun--festive wreath
spicedroses--celestial headdress
Palmoun--candy floss
Sakura_Madison--white heart faced fox
shinigami2--purple present

Versailles--black heart faced fox
Nekochan5345--candy floss

Best ring leader- Hatake Ayumi--tatsu dragon!

Crew Pick!
Vivian--ax and waves!

And these are the last of the prizes.. yesh I went prize happy.. so every one got a little something to thank them for participating!

Last edited by Ivvy; 06-29-2009 at 10:31 AM..

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 AM

*First and most importantly please, make sure you follow the Site Rules.

*Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.

*You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account.

*Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Not doing so could get your entry lost.

*You may use your own inventory and the Menewsha Avatar Creator to make your outfits.

*Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or tinypic. Not I enter my current avi.

*Contest will be judged the last day of the event. June 28th 2009

Last edited by Ivvy; 06-21-2009 at 05:56 AM..

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 05:25 AM

To be a performer you need to be a traditional performer of the circus trade. So things like acrobats, clowns, ring masters. Any thing along those lines. Will be accepted here.

Name:Aoi Midori
Avi Image:

Catagory: Performer

Any thoughts or comments on the image: Tamer of Lions and other naughty little creatures

Name: xxxarcxangelxxx
Avi Image:
Catagory: (performer)
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Female ringmaster of this very fine circus.

Name: raszala
Avi Image:
Catagory: performer
Any thoughts or comments on the image: i'm a wirewalker =) i balance my way from one end of the rope to the other

Form
Name:*Hime*
Avi Image:
Catagory:performer
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Hired because she knows a whole range of magic tricks, and an occasion slap stick sketch... ^_^

Form
Name: Sizzla
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: This is my version of a trapeze artist. Though her costume is a bit more lavish than most trapeze costumes, she's excellent at what she does, so nothing seems to impede her performance. The headwings also give her an airy quality, like the air she flies through during every performance.

Form
Name: Kultura (:cool)
Avi Image:

Catagory: Performer!

Any thoughts or comments on the image:
Typical clown - Fun, childish, brightly coloured...This clown is dressed to mess! Ok, so the eyes are orange, and maybe that's a bit creepy... But what clown isn't creepy?! *hides* She has ducks on a string, which are a vital part of her act. She sometimes juggles them!

Form
Name: Hatake Ayumi
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: The ever ready Ring master, with armor to protect her against any misfired imaginary bullets from the feisty clowns or any high flying human cannon balls. Wearing silver, she outshines every other performer and knows it too. Cane in hand, ready to lash out at any behaving, orderly clown and every unbalanced high wire walker, she is the absolute ruler of the big top. And you better know it.

Form
Name: Vivian
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: I guide the animals to do tricks and maybe even tames lions!

Name: oHsoDemandinG
Avi Image:
Catagory: (performer)
Any thoughts or comments on the image: She's an acrobat! Watch as she shows off her skill in gymnastics and great agility.

Form
Name: Hyda
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Hyda is a bright and smiling performer who excels in acrobatics and tricks (With help of her little panda, of course). She can be a bit clumsy at times when performing, but ^__^ the show must go on~

Name: Angel Spirit Girl
Avi Image:
Category: performer
Any thoughts or comments on the image: She is relaxing out in back of the tent with some of the performing animals in between acts.

Name: Nekochan5345
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Hello Ladys, Gentlemen! Boys and Girls! I am Ringmaster! Let me introduce our first spectacularly spectacular act!

Form
Name: Versailles
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: She's the Ringmaster, and wears horns to bring a more circus-y feeling.

Form
Name: Silver Magi.
Avi Image:
Catagory: (performer or sideshow) Performer.
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Sometimes, if you're lucky enough, the circus might throw on a show, with fancily adorned elephants, with girls in bright costumes, standing up while riding the elephants around the center ring.
With her feathery skirt and flashy gold jewels, this elephant-rider is ready to entertain!

Form
Name: Clair Voyant
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: There is always someone in a mask with a sticky-thing at the circus. x3

Name: .pixie dust.

Avi Image:
Cammy The Clown

Any thoughts or comments on the image: Cammy The Clown. She'll make you laugh until you cry with her wacky tricks and crazy jokes. She rides a uni-cycle and gets pie in the face. Sniff my flower? Why sure, it's so... GARH!! She squirts you in the face with water. Watch out for Cammy. She's there to be the joke, but sometimes, the joke's on YOU!

Name: Sadrain
Avi Image:
Category: Performer
Comments: Come one and all, come and see the foreign, strange Dream Rose! As she performs her beautiful dances on arena, the purple roses grow and entwine around her body, the thorns never leaving a mark on her pale skin. Often, she shows magical tricks with help of her Panda Rosey and sometimes even gifts beautiful roses that are said to fulfill a wish...

Name: shinigami2
Avi Image:
Catagory:performer
Any thoughts or comments on the image: She is a tightrope walker/acrobat, she takes her chances on the rope and never uses a net below, each performance could be her last, will the audience watch as she takes the chance?

Form
Name: Cloudwalker
Avi Image:

Any thoughts or comments on the image: A human cannonball whose aerodynamics let her fly high across the field. Don't look away, that cape does more than look good.

Form
Name: Thulhu
Avi Image:

Any thoughts or comments on the image: In my experiences with circus clowns there is always a over sized and somewhat hairy baby clown who whines and crys to the dismay of the other clowns until the Big Momma clown comes in to trip all over his toys as he whizzes about and then finally catches him to take him to bed. Well here she is, big momma clown!!

Form
Name: Sakura_Madison
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Here comes Lina the Lion Tamer and her partner, Leon the Lion. Leon obeys Lina's commands from jumping through the ring of fire to shake hands with Lina. In the final act, Lina dares to put her head inside Leon's mouth!

All done!

Name: Strawberry Octopus
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Ages ago, the land was ridden by thousands of crumbling ruins. Thosands of strawberry jam shugar cookies used to frolic untill one bakery unleashed feverous amounts of yeast in the batter! people where scared, and buildings toppled, resulting in the ruins of such a happy, loving baking comunity. Cookies ran wild amongst humans, and often bad things resulted in this. Matabalisms slowed, children become spoiled and lazy, none to mention the natural baking habits of the effected area are severly dented! So, come some years after all of the destruction, a person dressed in lolita-pirate attire decided that she'd be the person to calm the hearts of millions of people, and cookies alike! The people of menewsha call her...The cookie tamer! The tamer of Crumbs, cookies, and fear! No cookie should ever cross The cookie tamer's path, for fear of its strawberry Jam filled center being slurped right out from under it's over yeasted sugar cookie base. This instalment of fear, and reverse trust results in many awe inspireing Baking gymnastics. Have you ever seen a cookie do a split?
Name: fairywaif
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: This tightrope walker delicately balances over a rope many feet below her. She uses the umbrella to embellish her act, not for balance. She floats down delicately at the end.

Form
Name: Fiziali
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: My avi is a lion tamer, with Leo representing the lions she tames. The ring of fire depicts the burning hoop the lions jump through. The whip is not really used on the lions, as she is an animal lover, and does not believe in harming the lions, but rather, she uses the snap of the whip and the pantomiming of her hands to indicate to the lion which trick he/she is to perform next. At the end of a show, she rewards her lions with a special treat for a job well done.

Last edited by Ivvy; 06-28-2009 at 06:59 AM..

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 05:26 AM

To be in the sideshow you need to be something mysterious and aww inspiring. I am going for contorsionist, bearded ladies, Fire breathers,psychics, anything you would find in the shade of the sideshow tent.

Form
Name: Fiziali
Avi Image:
Catagory: Sideshow
Any thoughts or comments on the image: My avi would be a sword swallower, a traditionaly side show act in the circus.

Name: Stormiie
Avi Image:
Catagory: Sideshow ;; Blind Pshychic .... (SP)
Any thoughts or comments on the image: I am a blind phsychic. Although I may not see what is around me I can still see what life shows inside me!

Name: oHsoDemandinG
Avi Image:
Catagory: (sideshow)
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A fire eater/fire breather. I know the pinwheel seems off but it was the only thing that looked like handheld fire to me.

Name: Catonia
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: "Come into my tent, my pretty and let Madame tell your fortune..." the gyspy beckoned her unwary victim to enter, smiling her mysterious smile.

In other words; A gypsy fortune teller. Watch out or she'll steal all your gold. ;3

Form
Name: woopdidoodoo
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A pretty lady who turned into a freak because she is the blind snake charmer.

Form
Name: xxxarcxangelxxx
Avi Image:
Catagory: sideshow
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Fire Manipulator. Watch closely, and she'll do all sorts of neat little tricks. Just don't get too close...

Name: Loffel
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A blind dancer. She uses beautiful blue ribbons with knives tied to the ends and dances in a swirling, shifting style.

Name: DariaMorgendorfer
Image:

Category: Sideshow
I am a sweet, innocent (cough cough) little snake charmer who is able to not only charm the snakes but also charm the coins, I mean audience too!

Name: Sadrain/Rainy
Avi Image:
Comments: I walk around, accompanied by cute animals, as pandas and bunnies, and let everyone pet and play with them. So, some kind of pet tamer? ^^
(Does this qualify? Dx)

Name: KatMagenta
Avi Image:

Come to the circus and tell all your friends you've seen a genuine rain forest tribeswoman! Performing mystical arts passed down by her people it is said she can put a spell on you. Will it be a blessing or a curse? Don't worry- the spear is just ceremonial...

Form
Name: Vivian
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A mime who really seems to think she's trapped inside of a box.. Sometimes aggressive

Form
Name: Cyndel
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A dancing show girl with an enchanting voice and melodic harp. Her theme plays off of the Mermaid, and her act combines not only enticing dance and song, but snake charming as well.

Name: Goblin Maiden
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A mystic storyteller whose quill will write (sort of) what you ask of it. However, the quill has a mind of its own, and the story you ask for is not always what you will get. Who knows if this figure truly belongs at a circus; she is like a gypsy and goes wherever opportunity might strike to share her words (and maybe garner a tip or two).

Name: Knerd
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: My interpretation of Otis Jordan the Frog Boy.

Form
Name: fairywaif
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Her show s called the Ancient Mystic, although she was born with silver hair, so no one knows her age but her. The mirror and the bones she uses to make her readings. She came from a far off land, over the great waters. She will also dance before she makes a reading, slowly and mysteriously.

Form
Name: *Hime*
Avi Image:
Catagory: side show
Any thoughts or comments on the image: Come see, come see, this weird blue bearded lady! But beware; she bites!

Form
Name:Kultura

Avi Image:

Catagory: SIDESHOW

Any thoughts or comments on the image: Sorry to use the Blind Justice item again (It's been used a bit) but this is a blinded knife thrower... Making the thrill of this typical circus show ever higher, getting adrenaline rushing and hearts thumping! The Blinded Knife Thrower is the single reason circuses travel from one place to another - to avoid law suits for all the ears that were severed O_O

Name: ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Avi Image:
Catagory:sideshow
Any thoughts or comments on the image: don't know what to do with those children to young to go on rides, not a big carnival person or are you just missing your pet to much...well fear not, we have just the thing for everyone who loves animals....
That's right a petting zoo

Form
Name: Silver Magi.
Avi Image:
Catagory: (performer or sideshow) Sideshow.
Any thoughts or comments on the image: What kind of carnival doesn't have snacks?!
Which is why this dapper young popcorn vendor walks through the Big Top, selling tasty popcorn to those who want something to snack on.

Form
Name: Clair Voyant
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: The FLAME BIRD WIELDER! Master of Smoke, flames and illusions! xD

Form
Name:Chocolate Cosmos
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A Fortune Teller. The pandas are my mystical pets

Name: Palmoun
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: The blue snake charmer.

Form
Name:spicedroses
Avi Image:
Catagory:Sideshow

Meet Alaria, our very own fire flame fan Dancer. She twirls and Dances her exotic fans of flame,
leaving you mesmerized as she spins a web of fire around you.
along woth her pet dragon Motto she is sure to leave you delighted and wanting for more. if not a spark in your heart.

Form
Name: Popcorn Gun
Avi Image:
Any thoughts or comments on the image: This little vixen is the spunk-punk quen herself. She likes to call herself a "firewalker." Passed down from generation, to genration, in her family is the ability to walk and even dance on red hot coals, which is why her feet are almost always covered in soot, or blackened slightly. And it's not a trick, the soles of her feet are bare.

Now something that might be a trick, she'll never tell, is her ability to actually walk on/through fire and come out unscathed! She doesn't do it often, she wants it to retain it's novelty of course, but she can and will. This added ability is why she dons the tattoo of the dragon. So step back kiddies, and watch her at work!

Form
Name:Thulhu
Avi Image:
Catagory:Sideshow
Any thoughts or comments on the image: A sword swallower and snake charmer/trainer, exotic and deadly? o.o

Avi Image:
The Tortured Mutant Pyromaniac

Any thoughts or comments on the image: Step up and prepare to be terrorfied! The beast from hell itself stands just beyond these curtains. Raised beside a nuclear powerplant, the Tortured Mutant Pyromaniac (TMP) has gained great power. He (or she, we don't know which) has mastered the element of fire. But this came at a great cost an after the fire consumed his body, his heart and his sanity. Keep at a distance. He is still wild and you never know who he will try to make pay for his horrible disfigurement. Try not to stare or you'll make yourself the target. Step on up, have courage and change your life forever.

Last edited by Ivvy; 06-27-2009 at 10:47 AM..

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 AM

Ivvy's Pick
Winters flight & glacial circlet

Performer's prize tower

First-Armor set
Second-blaze and waves set
Third-weather forcast & regalia

Sideshow Prizes
First-April set (overloard and wood sprite)
Second-blaze and waves set
Third-battle ax & chakriam

Crew Favorite
Waves and balttle ax

Best discription
Yumeh slippers

Honorable Mention Prizes

Present set
Celes set
yumeh hairpins x5
chickis and carrot wand together
chilled beauty x3
frozen warmth x2

Last edited by Ivvy; 06-28-2009 at 06:23 AM..

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 06-21-2009, 08:01 PM

*purrs*

Interesting...
*plots avatars to take over the world circus*

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 08:03 PM

Lol I look forward to seeing this avatar plot. :)

*Hime*

Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM

Oh, must make cirque-related avatar to pawn Hatake's :3

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM

Yay more people to come in and make pretty avis for me to oogle. :D

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 06-21-2009, 08:55 PM

I am going to enter too XD

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:02 PM

I think I might try. This will be my first time entering a contest.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 09:03 PM

lol Yay for entries.. and I want you guys to so have fun with this theme!

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 PM

I'm a lion tamer....RAWR! I'm definitely entering!

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Ahh and that is a very cute outfit you have on :)

stormiie
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to stormiie

Old 06-21-2009, 09:56 PM

I am going to enter in as a blind phsychic!!

Last edited by stormiie; 06-21-2009 at 10:39 PM..

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 PM

Ahh Stormiie that sounds neat. :) You will of course use the form..lol ..>.< I can't wait to see all these avies.!

oHsoDemandinG

Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM

Hey question. Where's the form?

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 10:39 PM

OMG thank you. >.< I so thought I had posted it.. I will get on that right now. >.< Yay for making threads last night when I was so sleepy..lol

oHsoDemandinG

Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM

Lol. No problem. I know the feeling.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Okay I added it in the first post..lol >.<

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Hehe, I'm all ready to enter this now too, Ivvy, with my feline sword eater, lol. ;)

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 10:42 PM

@ Fizi.. rawer love you look great.. lol How are you doing?

oHsoDemandinG

Old 06-21-2009, 10:46 PM

Oh I have another question sorry. You said we can use the MAC right. So do you mean that we can design an avi using only the MAC?

stormiie
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to stormiie

Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 PM

DAMN.
Now I gotta enter through a form XD

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 PM

Yes you may use the MAC to make an outfit you do not have to own anything on the avi you submit. But you are free to make one from what you have in your invo as well..lol Did I explain that right.. ahh I have been getting things backwards lately..lol

@ Stormiie... hehe there was always supposed to be a form I made a form but I failed to post it before somehow.. gosh I was tired last night when I made the threads. >.<