ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 08-22-2016, 03:43 PM

Ok, so I've had this idea in mind for a while, for a different way of handling skeletons. I want to do an RP where the character profiles are actually known knowledge for players. Players would maintain a second profile of knowledge that is slowly learned as the RP goes on. I think it would be fun to do this as things with characters would be very much a surprise.

My thought of trying this out is having something roughly based off of Vampire Diaries, as the show/books have vampires, werewolves, witches, hunters and humans. With such a diverse cast of species, rivals and predators, I thought it could be fun to see how things would unfold with the new profile idea.

I'm still hashing the story idea out with Xavirne, but so far, we know as much as the cast will be older, college-aged and it will be taking place in Berkeley, CA.

I'm curious to see if anyone would be interested in this sort of supernatural RP before I get too far into working on it! Feel free to ask questions as well, I'll definitely answer what I can!

Races and a bit about them:

Vampires
Vampires are not born but created. In order to become a vampire, one must die with vampire blood in their system. Vampires cannot procreate.

Strengths
  • Increased speed - moves incredibly fast, too fast to see. Makes it seem like they can teleport or vanish
  • Increased strength - easily move cars, not pick them up, that’s just silly
  • Increased hearing
  • Compulsion - vampires are able to “compel” or get humans to do their bidding through the use of compulsion or a type of mind control. They can alter, change or erase memories through this ability. Should a human be turned into a vampire, they remember everything they were compelled to do or forget
  • Semi-immortal
  • Increased healing speed
  • Does not get sick

Weaknesses
  • Will burn up in sunlight without aid of a ‘sunlight’ ring made by a witch, some ancient vampires do not require some sort of amulet to go in the light (usually in the form of jewelry).
  • Plant known as vervain is toxic to vampires. Burns flesh to touch, acts as poison with ingested, prevents vampires from being able to compel humans, can be made to be a sedative to knock vampires out. All around weakens them.
  • Require blood to live. Human blood makes them stronger, can survive off animal blood but are not as strong as those that drink human. Can go several days without any blood, cannot be starved to death. If without blood for so long, vampires essentially become living mummies; are too weak to move.
  • Each vampire handles blood lust differently. Some are able to control it while on the other end of the spectrum, vampires may go on killing sprees.
  • Werewolf bites will kill a vampire. Death is slow and agonizing.

How to kill
  • Wood stake to the heart
  • Cut off the head
  • Removal of heart
  • Sunlight - for those that do not have something to protect them from it
  • Could probably kill with enough vervain

Werewolves
Werewolves can be born, it is a gene that is passed down on the male side of the family. Werewolves start their transformation at the age of 16. Humans can be turned into werewolves through a bite from a wolf in wolf form, however the odds of this happening are very small as not all humans accept the wolf venom into their system. Males are more likely to become wolves than females and those that do not take to the venom simply heal up (in the case of small bites, not full on attacks). The venom is not toxic to humans.

Strengths
  • Immune to Vampire Compulsion
  • Increased speed - moves incredibly fast, too fast to see. Makes it seem like they can teleport or vanish
  • Increased strength - easily move cars, not pick them up, that’s just silly
  • Increased hearing
  • Can change freely, without a full moon
  • Increased healing speed
  • Does not get sick

Weaknesses
  • Must change on a full moon
  • No control over wolf form on full moon change
  • All changes are very painful - all bones in body break over and over to reshape
  • Mortal

How to Kill
  • Cut off head
  • Removal of heart
  • Could probably kill with enough wolfsbane
  • Old age

Witches
Witches are born, not created. It is a trait passed down on the female side of a family, though there are rare cases of males being born with magical abilities (warlocks).

Strengths
  • Magic
  • Can draw energy to use for magic from others they form a connection with

Weaknesses
  • Human, still wounds easily. No increased healing speeds.
  • Mortal
  • Consequences come from using dark magic (anything using human sacrifice or causes imbalance among nature)
  • Magic is limited based on each witch's’ individual strength. Some may only be able to light candles, others may be able to knock back people and so on.
  • Magic does draw on the magical strength and essence of the person channeling it.
  • Magic can be fatal if the spell is too strong or the witch is exhausting themselves
  • If a witch is turned into a vampire or werewolf, they no longer have their magic. One cannot be a witch and another supernatural creature

How to Kill
  • Still just human, can die anyway a human can die

Hunters
Hunters are humans that are imbued with magical power to allow them to hunt supernatural beings. One is born a hunter, it is something that runs, typically, on the male side of a family. All hunters are descendants of the original hunters.

Strengths
  • Immune to werewolf venom
  • Weaknesses
  • Mortal

How to Kill
  • Still just human, can die anyway a human can die

Humans
Strengths
  • Immune to werewolf venom

Weaknesses
  • Mortal

How to Kill
  • Just human, can die anyway a human can die

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 08-23-2016 at 11:59 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-22-2016, 03:59 PM

Me me me me me me me me :D

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 08-23-2016, 04:37 PM

Slight updates! Here's Zora, my character, her public profile so far:

✛ - - - - - - - - - - ISOS Duke

Life is too fleeting to not enjoy it~

[INDENT]

Zora Mihailovic

Intro
160 character bio
✛ Birthday May 12th
✛ Gender Female
✛ Education Berkeley University of California
✛ Studying Anthropology
✛ Current City Chicago, IL
✛ Relationship Single
✛ Hometown Majdanpek, Serbia
Pages You Like
Ancient European Culture,

Groups You're In
List up to five

Things are still being worked. At the moment, I'm getting a 'slice of life' type RP until actual plots are come up with, but obviously that can change!

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 08-23-2016 at 04:43 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-23-2016, 05:13 PM

And for more inspiration, these are mine~! As you'll see, there's not a whole lot of information because, well, it's "Facebook." You can only see so much :P

✛ - - - - - - - - - - Xavi

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath.

Chase B Reiniger

Intro
Yo, the name's Chase. I'm just your average nerd looking to make my mark on the world. :B
Overview
✛ Workplace(s) Game Stop, Dunkin Donuts
✛ Education Berkeley University of California, Matignon High School
✛ Current City Berkeley, California
✛ Hometown Cambridge, Massachusetts
✛ Relationship Single
✛ Followed By 16,314 people

Contact and Basic Information
✛ Birthday December 7th (21)
✛ Gender Male
✛ Interested In Women
✛ Email [email protected]
✛ Website cbrcosplay.com, patreon.com/CBRcosplay
✛ Social Links twitter.com/CBRcosplay, cantchaseme.tumblr.com, instagram.com/cbrcosplay
Pages You Like
CBR Cosplay, Overwatch, Jessica Nigri, Legend of Zelda, Top Gear, Team Instinct, I Can Touch My Nose with My Tongue, NYCC, Avenged Sevenfold, Halsey

Groups You're In
Pokemon Go: Boston Team Instinct, Boston Cosplayers United, Petition to Make the Death Star Real, Chase's Colossalcon Room Arrangements 2017, Looking for Local Models

✛ - - - - - - - - - - Xavi

The crunching beneath my toes makes me miss the way his breath would fog up my world on a cool autumn night. I'm just the mirror, set in rhythm with the subtle murmurs of his breaking heart </3

Kariana May

Intro
MEEEEEowwwwwWWwww.
Chase Reiniger is so dope i cant cope
CHASE, GET OFF MEH PROFILE
Dun leave it open, ;D
<.<
:D
>.>
okey, i go buh-bye now
Overview
✛ Workplace(s) Starbucks
✛ Studying Journalism
✛ Education Berkeley University of California, Matignon High School
✛ Current City Berkeley, California
✛ Hometown Cambridge, Massachusetts
✛ Relationship It's complicated

Contact and Basic Information
✛ Birthday August 21st (19)
✛ Gender Female
✛ Interested In Men and Women
✛ Languages American English, French
✛ Religion Roman Catholic
Pages You Like
CBR Cosplay, Halsey, Salem Massachusetts, Twilight, Life is Strange, Sephora, Photography, G.G. - Gamer Girls, It's just a tattoo, Twitch

Groups You're In
Pokemon Go: Boston Team Valor, Chase's Colossalcon Room Arrangements 2017, Boston Photographers, Starbucks over Dunkin any day!!

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 09-05-2016, 12:09 AM

*pokes head in and looks around timidly*

Last edited by blueblackrose; 09-12-2016 at 04:26 PM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 09-09-2016, 02:00 PM

*Taps chin in deep thought* Hmm very interesting.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 09-10-2016, 02:39 AM

When I first saw "Supernatural" I thought Sam and Dean, I'm obsessed. xD
Anyways, would definitely be interested. I love the character profiles and such.~

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-02-2016, 02:24 AM

OMG!!!! I WOULD LOVE TOO!!! GAH!!! i miss rping and especially with you guys! i have not rped in about maybe two years or less but a year minimum is how long i have lasted rped. Please please let me get back into rping and and play with you guys! i know i am not that good and i need to brush up on my skills but i would still like the chance to rp with you guys again. Also please tell me if there is something that your uncomfortable rping so that i can not do that.