Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-11-2015, 03:12 PM

Elena laughed as she shook her head slightly in amusement. She knew that Aeltron was about as subtle as a trumpet call, but that never stopped her from reminding him of subtlety. What good it did, she hardly knew, but it was how it always had been with them. She had always been the more formal of the two, but that was their difference in personality showing through, and it was also what allowed her to let her guard down and be free with Aeltron.

As the new guards joined her, Elena smiled at each of them with a nod, “Thank you.”

It wasn’t long before Elena reached the garden and spied the Duchess of Gressholm and her daughter Elysa already awaiting her at the tables. Taking a deep breath, trying to put Aeltron’s teasing of the proposed subject of conversation out of her thoughts, Elena approached the women with a warm smile, her hands neatly cupped at her waist as per usual.

A guard who had replaced Aeltron stepped forward with a bow and introduced the Princess as the Duchess and her daughter both stood and bowed deeply.

“Presenting her royal highness, the Princess Elena.”

“Your royal highness,” the Duchess and the Lady Elysa said graciously as they held their bows.

“Presenting the Duchess of Gressholm and her daughter the Lady Elysa Ainsworth.”

“Duchess, Lady Elysa. Please, be seated,” Elena expressed with a respectful nod to each of the women before her.

As they each took their seats, the guards resumed their positions on the outskirts of their seating arrangement while the servants began preparing the tea and serving the cakes set out for the luncheon.

The King and Queen of Enguerrand were in the midst of a discussion when they were interrupted with the announcement of Sir Aeltron Tahlae. Of course, they couldn’t refuse the audience for before they could acknowledge it the young knight had barreled his way into the throne room.

“This had better be important, Sir Tahlae. You should be with my daughter and her guests in the garden,” King Nikola warned as he eyed the young knight before him.

As he listened to the knight prattle on, Nikola was becoming more and more impatient with the impudent knight. Granted, he had more familiarity than others and was treated more like family, but he still had his place and Nikola was still his King.

“Sir Tahlae, while we do treat you with great respect, as you have guarded our daughter loyally these many years, you had best remember that you are speaking to your King and Sovereign, not a fellow Knight of the Royal Guard,” the King answered, annoyance easily noted in his tone.

“However, we appreciate your concern for our daughter and the Kingdom,” the Queen interrupted with a warning look aimed at her irritable husband. “The festival in his honor sounds like a wonderful idea, and you have our support. However, what pray tell has you worried about the Prince’s intentions? We have not heard such reports.”

“Likely we won’t either,” mumbled the King, though it was not loud enough for Aeltron to hear.

With another warning look from his wife, the King sighed and looked over at the knight, “Sir Tahlae, do you have any taxing reports to share with us?”

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-11-2015 at 03:15 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Meanwhile, in garden, Lady Elysa was being met with the usual formalities. She said her thanks and respect before taking a seat. Knowing nothing about the forthcoming wedding, as it was still a surprise to all but a select few, she began with where they left off last time. Only, just as she was about to speak, the woman--four years older than she--noticed something out of place.

"Oh?" Her pinky finger rose to the corner of her lips. "Where is Sir Tahlae?" Head tipping to the side, she batted her lovely pink lashes a few times before crossing her hands below the table. "My dearest wanted to know if he could get that delicious pork and cider recipe from him." With a suppressed giggle, she raised her gloved hands to her lip before now placing them on the table.

"Oh well, I suppose he doesn't always need to be around. Though he is far more attractive than these guards today," her nose crinkled in a charming way as she spoke ill of the, sadly, less handsome knights. Of course, her teasing was fleeting for her mother-in-law was flamboyantly gasping at what Elysa spoke.

"Oh heavens," Elysa laughed, "even you have said he's quite dreamy!"

"Why I would never," she began but soon silenced herself; she would rather not lie than hide such comments.

"Anyway," Elysa smiled while receiving the chinaware for the tea, "in about two weeks, there will be a grand festival in Gressholm. I hope you'll be able to come. There will be cakes, teas, treats, and fruit galore!" She seemed almost too overjoyed.

"What she forgot to mention, is that's it her one year anniversary. She was hoping her dearest friend, you Princess Elena, would accompany her in celebrating such an endeavor."

He should have seen the king's irritated response coming, but he didn't. Honestly, he couldn't see why the king was getting so frustrated. Was he not concerned about his daughter? Did he have no love to give? Surely a good father would thank the knight for taking the extra steps to ensure her safety and happiness. Instead? Instead he was being told to watch his tongue.

The more he thought about it, the more Aeltron grew frustrated. For so long he had done their bidding. He protected, he listened, he defended. And now? The one time he tries his damn hardest to protect their claimed "prized jewel," he gets reprimanded.

"With all due respect," Aeltron lost his formalities and a starkness came to his voice, "we know nothing of this prince. For all you know, he could be a murderous man. These envoys you sought out were not our trusted allies." Taking a step forward, as if show the king he cared not for the punishment that would follow, Aeltron raised a hand to his heart in salute. His jaw was tight and his eyes forward, staring intently into the king's orbs.

If the king lashed at him or tried to speak, Aeltron would just talk louder, forcing the king to hear his words. He would just keep repeating his sentence until the words finally sunk in and he proved he was not the enemy they were making him out to be.

"I vowed on my life to protect Princess Elena. I know not why you make haste with wedding her off, but I know you have your reasons. What I cannot fathom, as a man who seeks to one day be father, is why you would put your daughter's hand up for marriage without actually meeting the man."

His eyes jumped to the queen but then back to the king. "I honestly expected more. Having no family of my own, I watched how you raised Princess Elena. I was always envious of how you raised her. You always showered her with love and freedom. You set her up to succeed. You encouraged her own personal growth and development. You wished only the sweetest of wishes for her, all while providing the firm support she needed to march forward toward her destiny. And now...?" Aeltron jerked his head away and turned his face from the royal pair.

Eyes closing, he just stood there in a completely defenseless manner. Calmly, he exhaled. It was time he regain composure. Eyes opening, he spoke in a crestfallen tone. Almost as if he felt he had failed the family. "I just wish you trusted me enough to give me a chance to prove this prince worthy of her hand."

Looking up with those indifferent eyes he learned to use on the king, he nonchalantly spoke with a very monotone voice. It completely contradicted his previous bouts of affection, indicating that he was back to being the capable knight the expected him to be.

"Should I find anything unorthodox, unacceptable, or unworthy of this Prince Clavett, I will be the first to inform you. From there, you can deem whether the information I provide is enough to share with her."

Jerking his cloak, he moved from the pair and cared not if they addressed him while he walked away for something deep within the pits of his stomach told him he was right to worry. There was just something too suspicious about all of this.

Last edited by Xavirne; 06-11-2015 at 05:52 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-12-2015, 12:34 AM

“Lady Elysa, our guards will surely take offense,” Elena chastised as she pressed her fingertips to her lips in an effort to suppress a laugh. “You truly are shameful. Our guards today are perfectly handsome. Besides, I am sure your husband would be rather furious to hear you calling another man dreamy? I happen to know for a fact that the Marquess of Westworth is rather fond of you and your opinions. After all, he did marry you despite your wandering eye.”

“Please give him my deepest condolences when you return, Duchess,” Elena added teasingly with a gentle laugh to the Duchess of Gressholm”

“Though to answer you teasing, Aeltron is running a few errands for me this afternoon. He sends his regards and apologizes for not being able to oversee our luncheon himself,” Elena teased as she took a sip of her tea, “I will be sure to attach his recipe in our next correspondence.”

“As for the festival, I wish I could attend. I truly could use your distraction in the coming weeks. But I am afraid I will be rather busy then,” Elena declined with a sigh, setting her teacup back onto her saucer with a soft clink. “Alas, it seems I am to meet a foreign Prince in a fortnight, and I will be presented to him as his betrothed.”

As Aeltron’s outburst continued, King Nikola was growing every bit more impatient and angry. However, his level headed Queen was right there beside him, giving him a nudge to keep his temper cool and let the boy get out all of his frustrations in this single outburst so that they may continue without another one in the future. She also motioned a single raised hand to their guard, who were beginning to get antsy and move towards Sir Tahlae, ready to restrain him should he get too rowdy for their majesties.

She could understand his anger, after all. They had just announced to them that Elena was to be engaged, and that put a stop to all improprieties that could have grown with their suspected union. Johanne sighed as she watched the young knight throw all decorum out the door during his outburst, only to excuse himself in haste out of passionate rage.

As soon as the knight was gone, and the King and Queen were alone again with their personal guard, King Nikola flew into a rage. Wagging his finger at his wife angrily, the King’s face was crimson with rage, “You see? I told you, my love, I told you! That boy has grown too familiar with our daughter. He’s lost his damned mind! Does he remember who he’s talking to? Do I lack in such authority that I have to remind my own Royal Guard that I am his King? Johanne, I’m going to put a stop to this. I’m putting a stop to this right now!” Nikola bellowed as he started down the dais steps.

“Nikola, you get back onto this dais and sit down before your kill yourself,” Johanne bellowed over him with authority as she pointed to his throne, her other hand gracefully placed on her hip. “Don’t make me ask twice.”

Nikola stopped in his tracks and looked back over his shoulder at his wife. When she used that tone, it could stop any man dead in his tracks. As he eyed his Queen, he assessed her to see whether or not he could still make a run for it before she repeated herself, which was never an intelligent thing to make her do.

“I said sit,” Johanne repeated herself with a scowl, as she hated to repeat orders she had already given.

With a heavy sigh and a scowl upon his lips, Nikola did as he was bid, turning on his heal like a child who had just been scolded and put into time-out. Plopping into his throne, his elbow rested on the arm as his bearded chin became buried into his palm. Looking at his personal guard to the right of him, Nikola commented, “Is this why I get no respect? Am I not called the Brilliant King for my rule? If only our enemies could see this.”

“If I may, your majesty, but I would say that our enemies are lucky to have not crossed paths with her, for they would be rightfully scared if they came into contact with the Queen Johanne. She is a mighty fearsome sight to behold,” the Knight said gently with a smile before returning to his normal stance.

The knight was old, and he had been with the King since his father’s time. Nikola had always sought council from him, whether it was personal or matters of state, as there was a trust that had been built over time. It was the same trust that he had intended for his daughter when he assigned Sir Tahlae to her at such a young age.

‘That certainly backfired…’ the King thought to himself as his gaze returned back to his wife, who was coming towards him with an elegant stride.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-12-2015 at 12:40 AM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-12-2015, 03:58 PM

Aeltron wasted no time in getting as far away from the throne room as possible. Running down the main corridors, a few fellow guards turned a worrisome gaze toward him. "Princess Elena has me running errands in port again, afraid I'm off to a late start so I must make haste," he rattled off flawlessly without losing a step or panting from lack of air.

The knight was in extremely good form. Sure, he wasn't bulky like most of the knights, but Aeltron made up for that was grace, precious, and speed. The man was extremely dexterous, capable of dodging nearly anything throw at him--unless he was purposely moving to get hit. Still, for as fit as he was, the weight of the armor did take its toll on him. The metal chest plate always rubbed wrong when running, but it did look rather dashing on him so he always shrugged the pain off.

Down the stairs he flew, skipping two to three steps at a time. Finally, landing on a clearing before the next set of steps began, knight drew index and pinky fingers into his mouth. Face turning red for a mere second, a loud, whistling noise erupted from his lips. A few of the stair-men winced at the high-pitched sound, but dismissed it upon seeing a valiant black stallion rip across the meadow. Its long mane seemed to dance in the wind, much like its rippling muscles that contracted and expanded with every push of the massive, hairy hooves. As it galloped forward, Aeltron finished making his way toward the stair's end. Then, about 7-steps from the end, he leaped onto the wall and then off and onto his horse. It truly was a sight to behold!

"We haven't a second to waste, Nymdril!"

Kicking into the horse's stomach ever so lightly, horse took off across the fields and down the hills into the valley below. The mighty beast was fast, which came with its youthful age. Only having received a new horse within the past two years, the two had become very attached. Aeltron didn't call upon his partner much, for he had no real need for a horse, but the knight always paid visit to his partner in crime and made certain Nymdril was in tip-top shape.

Now, most would argue that traveling at such speeds was unwise, as one trip could lead to both rider and stallion death, but neither man nor his beast cared. Letting out a laugh as the rush of wind swept up his hair and ripped his cloak up and out, Aeltron cheered into the sky while Nymdril neighed. They were truly a pair to see as they made haste toward the mountain's foot. They seemed to wild and free, something neither would truly feel or live to see again for both were bound by an oath to server the royal family until their deaths.

Making extremely good timing, Aeltron got off his mount. Giving the panting, frothing horse an apple, he pat him down before brushing his wind-whipped hair from his face.

"Time to seek out that envoy before he vanishes," he spoke in undertones to himself.

"As they should," she teased. Sure, they were handsome but Aeltron had that youthful attractiveness about him. Not to mention, he had the most magical eyes she'd ever seen.

"I never said I was a princess," she smirked. "And surely your mind wanders? Why, we all do it. Sir Tahlae is quite attractive and close to your age. Come on, your secret is safe with me. Tell me you do indeed fancy him!" She burst into a fit of laughs, mainly because she knew it would ease the tense she was inevitably creating. Elena was also so proper. Elysa? She might have the name 'Lady' before her name but that hardly suited her!

"My husband is quite fond of my honesty and open mouth. He knew full-well what he was marrying. After all, who do you think devises some of his unorthodox yet extremely successful plans?" She gestures to herself. "Sometimes that outside-the-box thinking is what really puts you a step above all else." She crossed her hands into her lap before frowning. "What a sham-" she began but quickly fell silent when she learned why.

Jaw ajar, much like anyone would expect upon hearing such news, she just blinked. She had not a word to utter nor a notion to make. At least not right now. Instead, she buried herself in the treats before her. It was best to sip tea and be silent than let that rampant mouth of hers play 20-questions!

Finally, after realizing that silence was rude, especially for a friend who might be suffering, she spoke. Hand snaking across the table, she gave Elena a good squeeze.

"I can see if I can attend your festival. I know my dearest will protest, but he understand the importance of our friendship. I can probably convince him to shift our anniversary celebration a week so I can be beside you during this unexpected event."

Last edited by Xavirne; 06-18-2015 at 02:21 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-17-2015, 10:33 PM

Elena had blushed a deep crimson as Lady Elysa teased her about Aeltron. They both knew it was the truth, though it was in fact high improper, but it was completely out of character for Elena and Elysa loved to tease her about the potential impropriety that was blossoming.

When the silence hung in the air, Elena’s blushed deepened, almost as if she were a turtle retreating back into her shell. Looking up at the Lady Elysa with a warm smile, trying to push down her reservations and not make her uncomfortable state apparent, Elena shook her head and placed her hand over Elysa’s, “No, no. I would not dream of it. Your anniversary celebration will not be ruined on my account. You will come and see me when your celebration is over, and pay your respects then. I insist.”

“Though I selfishly wish you could be here, I do not want to ruin your celebration and put a sour taste upon it when you do celebrate. It would make me happy to know that you are celebrating with your husband as planned,” Elena said matter-of-factly with a nod.

Taking a deep breath, Elena continued her façade, “Besides, I will be perfectly alright. I am my mother’s daughter, after all. I am assured that this Prince is a kind and gentle man, and I will feel affection towards him immediately. It is time that I married, I suppose. I am seventeen after all…”

“A few more years and I will be an old maid,” Elena teasingly remarked as she took a sip of her tea, trying to lighten the mood. After all, it wasn’t right for her to project her nerves and difficult situation onto her dearest friend. What right did she have to ruin her friend’s celebration of her happy marriage? Elena would not dream of it.

“Before you start in, Johanne, let’s be reasonable,” Nikola started to say with his palms out in a non-threatening way, “You know as well as I that their union was never to be permitted. We are doing what is best for our daughter. That boy is forgetting his place and I will not stand for such impudence.”

Now standing before him, hands gracefully clasped at her waist as her mother had before her, and her daughter after, Johanne eyed her King and husband, “Nikola, I am not in protest of our decision, and I do not disagree that Sir Tahlae should be dealt with, and swiftly. However, as you clearly keep stating, you are the King. Though why we must keep clarifying this, I shall never know,” Johanne teased as she took his hand into hers.

“Well I am, am I not?”

“A King does not have to state he is King. If he does, what power or authority does he have over his subjects? Though, with your childish outburst, it was hard to differentiate you from the boy who lashed out at us.”

“That insolent brat seems to forget it more often than he remembers,” Nikola huffed.

“Or, he is a young man in love with our daughter and he reminds you of yourself at his age, so you are even harder on him given the circumstances.”

Raising her hand to hush her husband, Johanne continued, “Now, Sir Alistair will support me in saying that young Aeltron is not in his rightful state at the moment. After all, we did just crush his fantasy of becoming romantically involved, did we not? If my father had told you that he refused to accept our marriage, what would you have done? Would you not have shouted in anger and proved your worth?”

“Your father was a King, as was mine. You were a Princess, I was a Prince. There was not a shred of doubt that could be thrown into our union,” Nikola reminded as he shifted his in throne, eyeing his wife with annoyance. “Sir Tahlae is just that, a knight. One appointed by us, I may add. He is not from noble birth. He is not even a Duke! He is the farthest from her station that a boy could get. She might as well marry a farm boy and be done with it.”

“Perhaps, but they do not see it as such.”

“Do you suggest we send the Prince packing, after offering him Elena’s hand in marriage, and allow this union to take place? Oh the tongues will be wagging, my dear, worse than they already are.”

“No, I do not wish that at all. However, I do want our court filled with decorum and grace when the Prince arrives, and if you cannot provide it then we shall have a problem.”

“My dear, you know I love you, but you really do get on my nerves when you step onto this pedestal.”

“Yes, and you get on mine when you start acting like a child,” the Queen retorted with a grin as she leaned in and placed a gentle kiss upon his lips.

“I am not,” the King snorted as his cheeks burned red.

“You are, and you know it my love. What would your court say should they see you in such a state? Heavens above, what if our court envoys saw you acting in such a manner. Our alliances would be lost in a moment.”

“That is going a bit overboard, is it not?

Taking her seat upon her throne beside Nikola, Johanne sighed, “Sir Alistair, would you be so kind as to reenact my husband’s behavior for us?”

“You do and I shall have you thrown onto the next ship that sets sail,” the King emptily warned Sir Alistair as he glared at his wife, embarrassment setting in.

Giving a soft laugh, Sir Alistair eyed his King and Queen. ‘Ever the perfect match.

“My King, my Queen, if I may. Sir Tahlae is a young boy. He still has not mastered the ways of court, and unfortunately he is a boy in love at that, which never allows us to act rationally. Just as you, my King, he is passionate and has a fire within his belly. But, he lacks the ability to separate his close relationship with the Krasimir family, and his role as knight. I might recommend removing him from the Princess’s care for the time being, as punishment for his outburst. Perhaps the space will give them both time to realize their situation, and it will give the boy some time to think about how he has acted. He is her knight, her guardian; but he cannot be more, and he seems to have forgotten his place.”

“Aye!” the King grinned as he stood from his throne, clapping his hands together in one swift movement, “Brilliant idea, Sir Alistair. We shall nip this in the bud. Separating them will give Elena time to become used to the idea that she will be marrying a Prince, and it will give Sir Tahlae a reminder of his place in this Kingdom. We shall station him upon the wall during the night watch. That will teach him for his tone and actions.”

Placing her forehead into her fingertips, Johanne sighed, “This will not go over well.”

“It does not have to. He is a knight in the royal guard, so he must go where it is deemed necessary. For now, it is necessary for him to help guard our castle walls as we prepare for the arrival of our foreign allies, and the arrival of Elena’s betrothed. After all, a festival is not a horrible suggestion. Sir Alistair, make the announcements and send letters to all of our court envoys. We shall have a banquet the night of Prince Vierryn’s arrival!”

“Yes, my King,” Sir Alistair said with a bow before excusing himself from the throne room.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-18-2015 at 02:52 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 PM

Finding the envoys was hardly an easy task. Perhaps, had he not stepped out of line, he could have received the information he originally requested. Hanging his head, a look of guilt washed over his features. "Bleh," Aeltron rubbed his neck, "I should probably bring the king a peace offering for my outburst." Rubbing his lips together in annoyance, he really had to dig deep into the back of his mind to recall things the king liked. He recalled the princess speaking about... peaches? Did he like peaches? Oh! He must have for Elena's room often smelled of sweet peaches.

Flicking his cloak back, he placed his hands on his hips. "Peaches first or envoy. Envoy could leave. Peaches will stay. Envoy it is!"

Swiftly stepping down the floored pathway into the heart of the port, a few people stopped to quirk a brow as to why the princess' knight was down among them. Of course, it was never a real issue for everyone knew that Aeltron was originally of this land and the princess usually let him frequent his home. It had been a while since his last visit, so he was likely just catching up with the family that raised him.

Sure enough, Aeltron was rapping on the hanging, wooden sign above a fruit stand that his should-be sister ran. "Cassidee," he chirped while leaning into the fruit stand, "your brother requests you assistance!"

A woman, about the age of the princess, wandered out with a berry-stained shawl and wicker basket at her hips. She had soft, doe-colored hair and rich coffee-colored eyes. "Aeltron," she said breathlessly before tossing the basket aside and leaping into his arms. "Heavens, it's been months since I've last seen you. Mum and dad will demand you pay them a visit!"

"But of course," he poked her cheek before snatching an apple and shoving it into his mouth before she could object.

"You gonna pay for that?" Eyes squinting, she snorted. "Or shall I shout thief?"

"Shout thief!" He purred while sinking his teeth into the meaty, white core of the apple. He exaggerated his eating just because he knew it bothered her.

"Honestly, Ael, I have no idea why they picked you. You're without class and tact!"

"Yeah...." Ditching the meek leftover, a blush painted his cheeks. "I might need to work on that, especially around the Royal Pair."

In seconds, she was patting her brother down, ensuring he didn't receive any damage. "What did you do!? I thought you were supposed to be the rational, polite, sincere one!"

"Well," he gulped while pulling his shirt away from his neck. "I might have snapped at the king." Beads of sweat began to dot his head. He knew what was coming and facing the wrath of Cassidee was far worse than anything the king could do!

"YOU DID WHAT!"

Before Aeltron could rattle out a pathetic response, a large, round object slammed into his face. It knocked the wind right out of him so much so that he collapsed into the fruit stand. Naturally, it couldn't handle his weight and gave way. Soon, oranges and apples were bouncing and rolling down the dirt path.

"YOU DISGRACE OUR FAMILY!" Tossing the frying pan at her victim, she snorted while hiking up her dress to step inside and grab a broom. "Honestly," her tone very surly and curt, was beyond peeved. "If you keep this shit up, you're going to get a public hanging. First you fall for the princess. Now you go toe-to-toe with the king?"

Aeltron, rubbing his cheek which now glowed a brilliant red color, nearly jumped from his skin when Cassidee so openly blurted his feelings. "Cass, jeez," he jumped up and put his hands over her lips. "You say I'm the idiot, you're just spewing secrets like they're hot cakes!" When she bit him, he retracted his hand and scowled at her. "Again, how do you know about El and I?"

"Oh brother, please. I've seen the way you look at her. I'm your sister. Sure, we didn't spend our entire lives growing up together but in those short, fleeting days with you, I learned to read you real good." She turned his nose up and snorted again. "I know when you're love-struck like a happy puppy."

"Happy puppy?" Cocking a brow, he tried to laugh but found it too hard. His cheek REALLY hurt.

"Yeah, the one with the big eyes, wagging tail, and slobbering tongue. That's so you." Noticing his pain, she reached into her herb box and started to dot his bruise with cremes. "Seriously though, Ael, what did you do?"

"I was out of line with the king. More or less berated him for making hasty decisions without having me check into them first." He sighed. "It doesn't matter though. The damage has been done. But I still owe him an apology, hence my visit."

"Oh?"

"If I recall correctly, the king adores peaches. I figured I would kindly leave them beside his thrown with a note of apology."

A smile crested her features. "That's more like the Ael we all know and love." Roping him into her arms, she gave him a good, hard noogie. "Come here, lover boy!"

"I really hate you," he whimpered while receiving more of Cassidee's kind of tough-love.

"Why don't you give me an hour or so to whip something really nice up. I'll make him a peach cobbler and some peach jam. Maybe toss in a peach candle and a peach-cherry tart. And a bag of peaches. You just... worry about something else and leave saving your ass to me."

"I owe you," he said before quickly placing a kiss on her cheek.

"You always do," she kissed him back before turning to tidy up her destroyed stand. "Oh, Ael. Whatever are we going to do with you?" She sighed hopelessly.

---------- Post added 06-18-2015 at 11:41 AM ----------

Her brows sunk into her eyes and a rather pitiful expression washed on her face. "Princess Elena," she whispered while stroking the woman's hand. "I wish there was some way I could help. Even though I never saw a wedding coming, I knew the man I now call my husband. We had met when we were younger and shared a great many laughs together. I," she bite her lip, "I cannot imagine what it must be like to marry a man you've never met."

With a sigh, she squeezed Elena's hand once more. "However," she took Elena's cue to lighten the mood, "I do believe your knight, Sir Tahlae, would never let a man unworthy of your take you away. I know not what your parents think--and I do respect them above all else--but I trust Sir Tahlae most in this situation. He'll be able to weed a prince from a pack of fools. Keep him close and trust in his council. Handsome or not, that knight is bound to you--mayhaps not out of love and passion--but out of duty and respect."

She drew back her hands and smiled. "Quite frankly, I'm jealous of you. You've a perfect knight to protect you. Though, knowing him, he'll probably whisk your future-prince away and threaten to kill him if he harms a hair on your body." She chuckled. "Oh I can just imagine the look on your father's face if he knew Aeltron was making threats to your soon-to-be prince!"

With that, she laughed and sought to change the direction of the conversation. There was no need to make Princess Elena fret over such a thing that was going to happen with or without her approval. So, with that in mind, Elysa spoke about the lovely weather, the birds, and the flowers that were blooming in the garden.

"Don't you just wish we could drop our titles and roll around in the grass like kids all day?" She sighed while flitting her lashes. "Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be normal."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2015, 10:15 PM

“Yes, I do have Aeltron by my side through all of this, you are right in that,” Elena said with a warm smile at the Duchess and her daughter. “He was the one who helped calm my fears after learning of the news.”

Of course, what she wasn’t saying was that she was in love with another; Aeltron to be exact. And what she wasn’t adding was that he was comforting her fears in regards to stopping the arrangement, not on whether this new man will be of her equal or not. But how could she express that, even to her closest friend? How could she publically admit that she was in love with a knight? She had scarcely let herself admit it to Aeltron himself…

She of course hit the nail on the head on her own, though, as Elysa had seen the two together enough to notice their affection, even if it was subtle. But if Elena herself would not speak of it, then who was Elysa to acknowledge the situation in words? For that, Elena was grateful and it was also why Elysa was one of the few in her innermost circle.

“We were certainly surprised, but I… I have to trust in my parents’ judgement. After all, it is not like they would tie my fate to a demon! They must have been counseled on the matter, and the engagement will be a fairly reasonable one I am sure, so I am trying to remain as positive as I can, given the circumstances,” Elena said gently as she finished her tea, though it wasn’t empty for long as a servant quickly refilled the cup.

But had her parents looked into the man before agreeing to their arrangement? Or had they been so eager to have her wed, that they chose the first person to reply? Did they know about her affection for Aeltron? If not, they surely would soon. But what Elena wasn’t sure of was whether or not she was more afraid of her parents not accepting her affection for Aeltron, or of losing Aeltron once he came to his senses.

Taking a sip of her fresh cup of tea, Elena smiled, “I would love nothing more than to be a young child again. We had so much fun as children; so carefree and innocent. Not a care in the world! If only we could go back and pretend betrothals didn’t exist. But, then you would be without your darling husband, and we wouldn’t want that,” Elena teased.

“Now! That’s settled then,” Nikola announced with a grin.

“Is it?” Johanne scoffed.

“You disapprove of that as well? Does anything please you?” Nikola remarked as he looked at his Queen.

“It pleases me when Alistair doesn’t encourage you. Now tell me, who is going to protect Elena while Tahlae is on the wall?”

There was a moment of silence as the King pondered the question.

“You do realize you have to replace him, now. With someone unbeknownst to Elena, who she is uncomfortable with, and who will not be able to aid her well.”

“But he-“

“Oh yes, he will feel the sting I am sure. He will be separated from Elena and placed into a duty where there is nothing to be done, not even errands to run. But what of Elena?”

“Oh come, Johanne, she will be just fine! She is a good sport and will rejoice at the change of pace. After all, she has to break away from that boy sooner or later. She has a Prince to woo!”

“But does she? Will she woo this Prince we have chosen for her? Or will she retract deeper into herself like before.”

“No no, not a chance of that my love. She is a much more outgoing person!”

“Because of Aeltron.”

“Because of our upbringing! She has been thriving ever since we brought her into the throne room to discuss matters of state. She is involved in the Kingdom, in more ways than one, and she has come out of her shell as a result. She is a woman of the people now, and she will do right by them!”

“But what about right by her heart?”

“It has already been decided. We have already been accepted by the Prince. We cannot turn our backs on him now.”

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 06-30-2015, 01:48 PM

"It's settled!" Elysa reached across the table and looped her pinky to the princess' pinky. "We'll never speak of marriage again! Henceforth, our conversations and tea parties will be strictly about dreaming, playing, and doing whatever we want. The heck with politics and rules. We'll do whatever we want and drink so much tea we'll have to pee for three days straight!"

It was at that point when her mother simply sighed. Sure, Elysa had her lady-like moments, but that wasn't why Elena kept her around. Elysa, despite the title, was always a wild woman at heart. She enjoyed seeing and living life outside the box of policy. She could talk, walk, and dress like a duchess, but she would always have a quirk or two that would remind all that she was still a wildflower in a properly groomed garments.

Leaping from the table, she shoed the guards to the edges of the garden. "Trust me, we'll be fine. If a massive, people-eating spider does magically fall from the sky, you will hear me. Trust me. I will scream so loud it'll probably get my husband's attention." Hand on her hip, she glared impatiently at the guards. She tapped her foot once and they eventually caved.

"Talk about impossible." She pinched the bridge of her nose before sighing. "And this is why I like Aeltron. He's way more lax. Granted," she tapped a finger on her chin, "I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing." Flicking her head from side to side, she pondered a solution. "Clearly good for even in his relaxed state, he's still fully capable of protecting you. Besides, everyone's too stiff these days. Sure, there are regulations and whatnot, but when was the last time we had an all-out war? Live a little. Laugh a lot!"

She tried her best to walk stiffly like the guards she just nudged off but failed miserably. "Yup, no idea how they walk." Acting like a puppet, she jerked her hands in an awkward way. "Look at me, I'm a strong knight. Huehuehue."

At this point, her mother had given up. It was time to let the girls 'play' and have their fun. Grabbing a cup of tea and a fresh book, she simply read while the girls did their own thing.

"So," Elysa fell backwards into the grass, "what shall be our first order of business?" Glancing over at the princess, she smiled. "And remember, fun stuff only. We're throwing that 'lady' and 'princess' stuff right out the door!"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 07-06-2015, 01:59 PM

With his sister's work underway, the knight took to the streets to find the envoy he sought. He knew little about the man, save for the fact that his face would be familiar in the crowd. Only, as Aeltron started to wade through the people, the more he realized that everyone missed him. With each step toward the docks, he was greeted with hugs, kisses, and gifts. Honestly, the knight couldn't figure out why he was being bestowed with such love. Still, who was he to reject the admiration? Finally, someone spit out what the fuss was all about.

"Sir Aeltron," a man as old as time, hobbled up to the lithe man. "It has been some time since you last paid us visit. We were beginning to wonder if you lost your small boy charm." Holding a plump cat in his hand, he gave the calico a good stroke. "But it's nice to see the boy from nothing has come back to show us how he's grown." The man's hand reached out and stroked the fine cloth that was Aeltron's cloak.

"I would never forget those of you who took me in when I had nothing." This port was his home. Everyone that gathered near helped raise him. Some did more than others, but each member of the community played a small role in the man that Aeltron became. Why, the old man before him taught Aeltron to be hospitable. As a little boy, he never understood why the old man let strays stay in his barn (for the man was extremely poor) but he always kept a kettle full of stew for wandering visitors--human or animal.

Taking the old man's hands into his old, he grinned. "I'm just glad all is well. And, from what I hear in the daily reports, business seems to be up." Hand dropping to his hip, he smirked. "Mother Nature has been very kind to us this year. Here's to hoping her blessings continue," he said with a nod before a frown crept onto his face. "However, I'm afraid I'm here on business today and time is of the essence. I'll be due my time to visit shortly, as it has been a long while since my last bout of freedom, so I will pay visit to all of you when the royals allow."

Sweeping into a bow, be parted from his past and walked back into the present. It was time to be the investigative knight again. It was time to find out more about this "Vierryn."

Now on the docks, his azure orbs flickered down every boat and bridge. The lapping of the water against the wood planks and hauls really distracted him, almost lulling him into a standing sleep. Everything here was so calm, even in its chaotic state of disarray. Sure, anglers shouted vulgar words to one another and women scurried across the docks to bring the fresh fish to market, but none of that mattered. The taste of the salt water in the air smoothed the mayhem. The call of the gulls weaved blissful memories into his mind of days when he and the princess would play by the water.

Grin on his face, the raven was almost run into the water when a bust-boy wielding soiled trays from a fishing excursion happened by him.

"Sorry," he mused coming back to the here and now. As his eyes shifted around the lad, he caught a glimpse of the man he spied. Stepping up the pace, he ran down the dock before reaching his target.

Forcing a stoic face, he drew a hand to his chest and bowed before the emissary. "Princess Elena Krasimir requests detail of her..." with ears tuning in, Aeltron dipped low to speak in private to the man, "her betrothed."