Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-29-2015, 11:46 PM

Contessa frowned when she heard what Raymon had to say about the current situation. "Withdrawing from the world..?" she repeated and looked at the empty tonic bottle. "I don't think I'll be able to get some sleep Raymon. Thank-you for being honest with me though. I didn't want to hear this but at least now I know what to expect." she said with a sad smile and watched him leave. Contessa walked into their bedroom and closed the door behind her before getting dressed for bed and crawling into bed with no name in her arms. No name fell to sleep easily but she was staring at the ceiling still, her mind filled with worry for Daylen. She hated this, even if she worried it wasn't like things were going to get better and she had to remember that. Groaning, she pulled the blanket over her and closed her eyes, hoping to get some sleep.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-30-2015, 12:49 AM

It took awhile but Raymon found Daylen. He just walked over to him. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked him, he frown when Daylen curled up tighter. His face was plain, empty. He knew what tonic was taken. "You don't have to go to bed but you do need to drink." Raymon told him plainly. Daylen just looked at his butler. He slowly stood and followed Raymon out of the dungeon. He went to the kitchen, there he just took the packet Raymon gave him. Raymon just watched as Daylen drink from the packet, he seemed off, even with the tonic. Then it hit him. "Master Daylen, how many of those tonics did you take?" Daylen just looked at him the to the packet. He wasn't going to answer him. Raymon sighed before going to Daylen's study. He would looked at the inventory sheets. He knew Daylen kept track of every bottle and there would be missing.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-30-2015, 02:18 AM

Contessa lay awake in bed under the covers and would have tossed and turned but couldn't because little no name was on her stomach right now so she had to stay still. "Why is it that I was dying to sleep a while ago and now that I'm in bed I can't get any sleep?" she whispered to herself and looked over at the black furball on her stomach right now sleeping soundly. It just wasn't fair because now she was worrying about Daylen. Where was he right now? Was he at least sleeping? She really hoped so. Gently petting her pet, Contessa closed her eyes and hoped she could fall to sleep, if not, she'd probably end up sleeping all morning instead or something.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-30-2015, 02:45 AM

Daylen just finished the packet, while he was throwing the packet away Raymon returned. He looked highly upset. "Master Daylen are you crazy? You mixed two of blocking tonics with... I don't know what this one is but I know it's not good." Daylen didn't have to look at the booklet with the inventory listed to know what he was talking about. Raymon sighed, rubbing his temples in annoyance. Daylen just looked at him plainly. His fever was still high, he was paler then normal. His eyes were heavy from the mixture he made. Raymon didn't feel like putting up with this today. He forced Daylen to leave the kitchen and into Daylen's room. "Leave that room again child and I swear. I'm taking the switches to you." He told Daylen before closing the door. Raymon just made a face. He hoped he didn't wake up Contessa, he was just annoyed with Daylen at the moment he forgot she was sleeping. Daylen just looked at the door then to the floor. He knew Raymon was fluttered with him to threaten him like that, though he never made idle threats.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-30-2015, 03:07 AM

Contessa groaned and lowered the blanket from her face when she heard Raymon's voice. "I'm not-" she started but stopped when she noticed Daylen standing there. She wasn't sure if she should be happy or concerned so she just looked at him with a straight face. "S-so..." she started and thought about what to say. Did he even want to talk right now? "I...I s-started painting..." she said nervously and sighed, this wasn't going to help. They both needed sleep, she just hoped they could actually get some sleep. "I hope you can get some sleep Daylen." she said plainly and pulled the blanket over her face and closed her eyes. At least now she knew that Daylen was in the room so she wouldn't panic so much. Maybe tomorrow she could visit her parents. No, she should visit Sirus instead...she really needed to talk to someone. It was depressing that she couldn't even talk to her husband, but she had so many other people to talk to...like her parents, Sirus, and Raymon.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-30-2015, 09:35 PM

Daylen just looked at the floor as Contessa spoke. He turned into many bats and hid in the shadow of the ceiling. He wasn't sure what else to do but hide. He wasn't safe and he didn't want to hurt her. "I'm not tired." He simply told her from the shadows. Granted his eyes were heavy and sleep beckoned him from the mixture. Yet everytime he closed his eyes, he saw what he did to Miaror. He didn't want to sleep and he would fight it as long as he could. "There is a sleeping tonic on my nightstand if you can't sleep." He told her plainly. It was obvious he was under something by how emotionless his voice was. He just hung upside down from the ceiling, his multiple forms slightly visible.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-30-2015, 09:57 PM

Contessa peaked up at him where he was upside down and sighed softly, two could play the stubborn game. "I'm not tired I guess." she lied and wondered what she was supposed to do with him in this state. He obviously didn't want to be here with her, should she even bother with the master bedroom? What was the point of doing something if they weren't even going to share it together. She had pictured Daylen at least visiting her from time to time while she painted but that wasn't going to happen, and what was going to happen if she did have a child? Would Daylen stay away from his own child too? This is what she hated, she hated when her mind started to think too much. "You took something I was told, may I know what you took?" she asked curiously.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-30-2015, 10:20 PM

Daylen could hear her thoughts. He knew she was lying but he wouldn't call her out on it. He sighed hearing her other thoughts. Did she really think he would be that way. Yes he was shutting himself off, but could you really blame him. He was trying to figure out this new life he started. Everything was happening so fast he couldn't control things, couldn't control himself. "Just tonics to deaden my emotions for a period of time and one to stop my heart." He told her plainly. If his heart didn't beat then the tonics would last longer. "I don't want to feel anymore pain tonight. So I numbed myself." He told her honestly. "Miss Contessa, please stop thinking I don't want anything to do with you or our child, if you are with one." He just looked at her with his multiple eyes. "I just don't want to hurt you, I'm not safe to be around." His voice was still emotionless but he meant it. He would do anything not to hurt her.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-30-2015, 11:06 PM

"Tonics? So you took more than one?" she asked and frowned. "Isn't that dangerous, to be mixing different tonics together like that and more than one of a certain kind?" she asked, honestly concerned. She trusted that he knew what he was doing though, he would never out himself in any danger on purpose. "I know you don't want to feel pain Daylen, I'm sorry but I'm happy to know that the tonics help you.." Contessa replied and widened her eyes, "I...I forget you can read minds." she admitted and chuckled nervously. "Daylen please, I think you're safe to be around but I'm not going to push this any further. I know you want some space so I'll give you all the space you need okay?" she asked and gently pet no name who was still sleeping on top of her stomach. "I'll just busy myself with other things." Contessa added softly and yawned silently.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-31-2015, 03:29 AM

Daylen just stayed in silence for awhile, it was very dangerous. "It is, especially taking the one that stops your heart with anything else." He told her plainly. "However, being a vampire, I can not suffer from mixing them or die by them." He took advantage of his racial traits. He knew she wouldn't like his answer but he was being honest with her. That fact that she forgot about his mind reading ability didn't surprise him. He was still getting use to it as well. He just stayed emotionless as he looked at her. Her words bothered him but he felt nothing. "You shouldn't let him sleep on your stomach. If you are with child in could cause complications later on. You might want to get him use to sleeping beside you." He was just letting her know ahead of time, easier to stop it now then let him get use to it and fight it.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-31-2015, 03:49 AM

"Well I'm glad to hear that it won't kill you." Contessa started, She was honestly glad to know that he wouldn't be dying from the mixture of tonics. He was a smart man who obviously knew what he was doing, she just hated the distance between them but she guessed it was normal. They weren't married for a long time and they still know much about each other when they did get married so this was bound to happen. Contessa continued to look at him and did as she was told, gently setting no name to the side. He woke up and let out a soft yawn before curling up at her side and falling back to sleep. "Thank-you for your advice Daylen." she thanked honestly and smiled at the thought of having a child. "D-Daylen are you sure you would prefer to stay up there?" she asked curiously.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-31-2015, 04:24 AM

He just looked at her plainly as she spoke. It was actually easy to kill a vampire, any minor wounds could kill them if they didn't get the blood right off the back. Poisons and minor things were nothing to them however. "Poisons and such things similar do not affect vampires. Mortal wounds like being head in the head or anything too deep can however. If not treated quickly with blood." He just stated to her. He watched her move the little pet from her stomach onto the bed. He had ordered a bed for it. He just need to pick it up from Saria's shop. He took a deep breath, held it before releasing. "I rather not risk it but I will if you insist." He would if she wanted him too. "Miss Contessa I don't think you realized what I fully did last night or what I became. As much as I hate to admit it, I became something even the elders fear." He just signed before floating to the floor to turn back to his normal state. He went to his desk and opened a drawer. He pulled out one of the crimson crystal flowers. If she looked into the flower deeply enough she could see it. What he turned into. He set the the flower on the desk before turning back into bats and going back to his spot. "That flower has the events of last night, smell its scent and look into the petals. You'll have your answers if you want them." He told her plainly.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-31-2015, 04:37 AM

"No Daylen, if you don't want to then you can stay up there it's fine. I understand you want to spend some time to yourself." Contessa replied and frowned. The way he said it bothered her, if he didn't want to come done he didn't have to just because she wanted him to. She wanted him to come down if he wanted to, it didn't matter what she wanted. "You're right, I don't know what happened last night and I'll never know and that's fine. All I know is that you were dangerous and I was not allowed to see you. You did something last night that you wish had never happened and that's why you're in this withdrawing state, I understand that much. I don't know what else there is to understand but I know I still have a lot to learn about you before I can say that I truly know you." Contessa said and shook her head, "I'm not asking questions that need answering. If I have any I'll keep them to myself okay Daylen? I'd rather not bother anyone with my stupid questions." she muttered and groaned, draping an arm over her eyes.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 08-31-2015, 05:13 AM

Daylen just looked at her, listening to her. "What you want does matter, Miss Contessa. It matters to me." He told her plainly. He was still reading her. Yes it probably was annoying but that was really the only way he could get her to understand he wanted to know her thoughts. He just turned his attention away from her, still listening to her. "I want you to ask your questions. I want you to show your curiosity. If you change your mind, the flower is there. It is crystal, it will no died until the memories trap within are watched." He told her plain. He had picked it earlier today just in case she wanted to know. I would be easier to show her. Like always she rather not learn anything. She said he was withdraw and he was, but wasn't the only one it seemed. "You tell me I'm withdrawing, I am but I'm not the only one it seems Miss Contessa." He told her plainly. "How do you expect to help me if you let all opportunities pass by?" He was being curious, granted it sounded harsh and mean but he was only curious.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-31-2015, 05:24 AM

Contessa sat up in the bed and stared at him, "I don't think it does. Every time I ask you a question you ignore me. And when I tell you something, you just brush it off like it's nothing. What's the point of me asking questions if no one is going to answer them? Do you realize how I feel when you just brush everything off or ignore me? I can't even have a conversation with my own husband, I feel like the only person I can talk to at times is Raymon." Contessa answered and looked over at the flower while he spoke to her. It was a very lovely flower but she was afraid of looking at the memories trapped inside, how was that going to help her help him? "You're right Daylen, I can't help you. It's very obvious that I can't help you, thank-you for reminding me." she answered sadly and rubbed her eyes.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-29-2015, 08:46 PM

Daylen just looked at her plainly. "I cannot answer things I don't know." He told her sadly. "All I do it seems is read your mind Miss Contessa. I'm sorry if it sounded like anything but curiously." He took a deep breath before continuing. "I don't think I can even answer my own questions or help myself." He softly floated to the floor and changed back to normal, well as normal as one could get. "For the first time I have no answers, I have no idea what's going on. Cannot tell you something I don't know." He sat down in the chair that took up the corner. His head pulsed with pain, he rested his head in hands. Once more his skin was burning up from a fever. "Ask me your questions and I will answer the best of my abilities but I have never just ignored you." He rested his elbow on the armrest, his head on his palm. His raven hair cascaded over his face, sticking together or his skin from sweat. His complexion was getting paler with every day, he was getting bags under his eyes. He was starting to show that something was wrong.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-29-2015, 09:38 PM

"Daylen..." Contessa started and watched him closely. He really didn't look good and that frightened her. He needed to get better, and she needed to help him get better. What was arguing going to do? It surely wasn't going to help either of them and what kind of wife would she be if all she did was complain? She suddenly was overcome by an overwhelming sense of guilt. No, she had to change, for Daylen's sake. "It doesn't matter anymore." she said and crawled out of bed, walking over to him and placing a gentle hand on his forehead then his cheeks. "Daylen you're burning up. What matters the most to me is that you get better, and all I want to do is help. That's all I ever wanted to do, was help you in everything you need help with." she explained and grabbed a hair tie and managed to tie his hair so that it wouldn't stick to his face. He was so pale, this was not normal even for a vampire. "Daylen I need you to lay down in top of the covers please. You won't get better unless you let us help you." she instructed with a smile. "Lay down, I'll go get a few things." she said and left the room to get a bowl and filled it with cold water. Contessa grabbed a few clean rags and then some alcohol which she poured into the water and sighed, This usually helped her when she had a fever so she hoped it would help Daylen as well. Walking back into her room, she set the bowl with water on the side table and dropped one rag inside.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-30-2015, 01:32 AM

Daylen just sighed heavily listening to Contessa. He didn't move when she placed her hand on his forehead and then cheek. Why was everyone acting like it was a cold, even with what little he knew rest wasn't a big deal. "Its not a true fever, it's a side effect from transforming. Resting won't do anything." He told her as she disappeared from the room. He just looked at the flower on the desk. He picked it up and twirled it between his fingers. "Guess I'll add you to my collection." He told the soft crystal flower. He was gathering allot in his vault. His face lightly twitched into a smile thinking of something. He chuckled lightly thinking to himself. He felt like a fool the more he thought to himself. He looked over to see Contessa with a bowl of water and rags. Daylen just stood up and went to the door, peeking out to see if Raymon was nearby. The hallway was clear. He just left the room, making his way to his old study he shared with Sirus. He dug around his brother's old desk until he found an ancient looking book.

Daylen just walked back into the room, thankfully with no incident with Raymon. He dusted off the book as he sat on the edge of the bed. He sat the crystal flower onto the nightstand. He flipped through the pages, skimming the ancient lettering. He knew he saw something in this book long ago that, at the time he thought was completely made up. He stopped on a page with the same bat like humanoid creature he turned into. He exhaled lightly. "Who would have thought Sirus' book would ever come in need." He spoke to no one in particular.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-30-2015, 01:41 AM

"H-hey!" Contessa said as she watched him walk out of the room. Sighing, she chuckled. "Boys." she said to herself and shook her head. So he would be okay? He wasn't ill? Well that was a relief to hear, she was starting to worry. Still, she hoped that the effect would pass soon. Contessa trusted his words so if he said resting would do nothing, then she wouldn't ask him to rest. Contessa did want him to stay in the room though, part of her wanted to show him the progress she had made in the master bedroom but figured he'd like a surprise instead. Seeing him walk back in with a book in his hands, Contessa tilted her head to the side in curiosity, her long curls falling over her shoulder. "What's that?" she asked curiously as she closed their bedroom door and sat beside him, staring at the book but not understanding a single thing. All she knew from what he said was that it had once belonged to Sirus.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-30-2015, 05:37 PM

"This is a book of dark figures, well dark legends I guess. I always thought it was made up to scare children. Some of the things mentioned in here don't seems possible." He told her plainly, the tonics still making his tone sound emotionless. He tapped the page with the creature. "Count Le Varora. He was a powerful vampire, the first to said to be neither bat nor human." He just traced the image of the creature with his pale eyes. "I'm guessing there is something that might help." He placed the ribbon attached to the spine on that page before flipping through the pages. He stopped on one page, the ink drawing of a male with the same facial structure. "Hialus di Pavia, my ancestor." He just skimmed the ancient language on the book's pages. "He was powerful sorcerer as you already know but he was also classed as a serial killer, that's why he is in here. Not a violent one, he did more harm with experiments then heal the subjects." He was slightly ashamed to admit that to her, most people only knew that his ancestor helped end the war ages ago. However he had a darker side they hid to keep up the appearance of a hero.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 10-01-2015, 03:01 AM

Contessa was glad that Daylen was actually talking to her, it was always nice to listen to him and learn new things. "Dark figures..." she repeated and looked at the book. Daylen and Sirus sure did have some interesting books in their collections. She looked at the picture that Daylen was pointing at and didn't want to admit it, but the picture frightened her. "Interesting." she said finally and looked at the other picture. Her eyes looked from the picture, to Daylen, then back to the picture. "So this is the famous Hialus di Pavia." she started and smiled. "My my, you look exactly like him Daylen, comes as no surprise since he is your ancestor. This is very interesting." she said and grinned as she stared at the picture then at Daylen and thought about Sirus, they both looked like him. "He did?" Contessa asked when Daylen informed her of the deadly experiments his ancestor preformed.