Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-16-2008, 01:57 AM

*pops in* Good luck on this! <3 I hope you get a lot of lovely art. ^^

I ran an art contest before back on Gaia too. It can be a lot of work, but in the end I think it was worth it. :3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-16-2008, 02:00 AM

Thank you, Ferra! :hug:

I've had a lot of lovely nibbles so far, but with the date off in August, I'm not expecting too much yet. :3 I'm pretty certain it's going to be worth the trouble. XD (And the trouble will be more in choosing in the end than anything else. D: )

This is my first art contest I've run for myself. XD; So I haven't had a chance yet to get scared about what might be involved. LOL. D:

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-16-2008, 02:18 AM

Nibbles are always good! ^^ I hope they come back and enter, and not as one big rush towards the end.

If you ever need any assistance I'd be happy to help, although I can't see what else you'd need now that you have everything organized. XD Our big issues came because our contest was a group effort, and we had a lot of drama stemming from a few select individuals. =/

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-16-2008, 02:47 AM

XD If I have trouble deciding something to do, I'm going to bother you about it, Ferra. :heart: Muahaha. :V

Arrghh... Yeah, group efforts can be chaos sometimes. Even without drama. @_@; :hug:

And if it gets to about a week-or-so before the deadline and I have very little other than nibbles, I'll probably just extend the due date a little. >__> It just depends on the ratio of art to prizes. XD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-16-2008, 03:16 AM

Ha ha, alright. XD I'll be happy to throw my two-cents at you.

Don't I know it. D: It's amazing what people decide is worth arguing about.

Well we were offering over 4 million gold worth of prizes (which wasn't that bad for a prize pool in late 2006, early 2007), but no one was biting until we switched gears at the end and changed our advertising tactics. (Something I'd long since wanted to do, but the one person was angry I "did everything" even though she wasn't bothering to help, so I sort of let it rot until crunch time. -__-")

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Hmm... I'm letting this competition sit a bit just advertising by its location in the Art Contests forum and in my signature... And sometime in June I'm going to be more proactive about it. LOL. >_>

But I've run into a similar stumbling block before - someone getting upset over me "doing too much" when they wanted me to do something in the first place and weren't doing anything themselves... u_u; People are very quarrelsome.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-16-2008, 06:43 AM

Well don't think you'll have a whole lot of trouble with advertising here. XD On Gaia it was a fight to keep our thread on the front page, but there IS only one page for contests on Mene, ha ha.

But if you decide you need some extra help, I'm sure you could get some people to sport links to your contest in their signature when the time comes, myself included. :3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-16-2008, 12:43 PM

That is true - about Gaia being much more crazy. XD; I used to stalk the Art Contests forum... I wouldn't be too surprised if I bookmarked your contest and just never submitted to it. >_>;

And that would be lovely. XD Hopefully I'll be overwhelmed (well, not really - we don't have that much traffic to this forum, so I wouldn't expect that. XD ) by entries and won't have to bother anyone. XD But if I do, I'll take you up on it. :33 :heart:

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2008, 05:14 AM

I don't have room in my sig, I don't think, but if you want me to advertise in my quest thread and shop I am happy to.

Update - have started the pencilly stuff for my entry! I got further inspired while watching some really odd foreign thing on TV last night.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 AM

That'd be lovely, Arkeyla. :3 I'd be happy to make a post on my main page as a link-exchange to anyone who advertises my art contest! They just have to let me know which thread they want me to link to and where they're advertising. XD :heart:

Awesome. XD I'm really excited to see. :3

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Most people, when looking into an art contest, are most interested in what the prizes are. If they can't find the prizes easily, they'll lose interest in the contest. And if they don't like what the prizes are, they won't enter
Yes! Exactly! <3
I will enter if I can find the time. If only to try to get the winter items :3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2008, 01:04 AM

::laughs, lightwing:: Awesomesauce! I hope you find the time. :3

davyjoneslover
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-22-2008, 08:40 AM

I'm definitely entering *squeels* I'll slowly get it done as holidays are in 6 weeks so woo! But I'll have to do it all on photoshop due to lack of scanner >.<

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 PM

That's quite all right, davyjoneslover. X3 I like tablet art as well as traditional. XD

I've added Phoenix Jubilee event items to the prize pool!

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 PM

Hello CK, about the art comp. I was just wondering does the drawing have to include the characters you listed or can they be our own avatars?

Also, can I enter 1 art piece for each category? Or must I only choose one category?

And when does the competition end?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth Star View Post
Hello CK, about the art comp. I was just wondering does the drawing have to include the characters you listed or can they be our own avatars?
My characters or the site's NPCs only, please... This is an art contest for me, not the site. XD;

Quote:
Also, can I enter 1 art piece for each category? Or must I only choose one category?
You can only enter an art piece in one category. If you want to enter more categories, you'll need to create different art pieces entirely. :)

Quote:
And when does the competition end?
August 3rd! Unless for some reason I don't get a lot of entries to choose from, in which case I'll announce an extension on the date!

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 AM

To enter or not to? D: I won't be on the internet in August. ;o; *debates anyway* <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 AM

Enter early? XD That way you're sure to make the deadline, even if it's extended. And when you get back.... well, you could always let me know when you expected to be back online, so if you won a prize, I could hold it at least that long. XD

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 05-27-2008, 05:14 AM

This is true. *shifty glance* And technically I'll have internet, just that my boyfriend is coming to stay with me for a month, so our time on Menewsha is limited. But... Such cute avies. D:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 AM

XD Yeah, I'm familiar with that temptation... Might be a good idea to at least peek in on Menewsha every once in awhile. XD At least that way you'd know if the contest were extended! Though that'd probably be announced at least a week before the deadline anyway. XD

But when he's in the shower or asleep or something you could always take a few minutes if you wanted. XD;

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 05-27-2008, 05:30 AM

I kind of already started. Haha, I couldn't resist at all. Out of curiosity, does Cee have an absolutely preferred 'sorceress' outfit out of all the uploaded ones? Preferably with a weapon. *cough*

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-27-2008, 06:30 AM

Yayy for already started. XD

I can't say as she does... But maybe one of these three will be like what you're looking for? :o

Really, anything that's in that folder that suits your fancy/the kind of picture you want to draw is awesome. XD

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 AM

Haha, a'right, great. <3 And I couldn't resist, I wanted to draw something battle-y today. D: <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-27-2008, 06:47 AM

I understand what you mean entirely. XD I've drawn pictures for people simply because I felt like drawing a particular type of picture and their character suited what I wanted to draw. XD

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 05-27-2008, 06:50 AM

Pretty much. xD Sometimes you just see a character design that demands it, I guess. o3o