Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-06-2013, 04:10 AM

I want it. :) It's adorable. I made a fox tote, but that's way cuter.

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2013, 09:06 AM

aha, thanks! At some point I want to sell knitted pouches, but that's not going to happen any time soon, sadly.

I wanna see! Fox anything is adorbs.

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:13 PM

I should really go back into doing some crafts. I would usually paint boxes, make comic boots for some of my friends, Spray paint, Needle felt and make charms. The last thing that I made was an small art desk for my partner.

I've made origami stars before there really simple to make. It just takes a bit to get into.

Last edited by I-Jojo; 11-06-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM

*wanders in*

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-07-2013, 06:23 PM

You know, I don't think I have a picture of the finished product.
It looks a little like these tiny fox pins I made out of felt a few years ago:

You should! Let us see progress when you do make them Pickles.

That sounds cute Jojo! I need to sit down and make some of those origami stars too. They're soooo cute!

Hey Kirin!

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM

This is the art table looks like. Please excuse my bad hand writing. What i did first was go to Home depot and got some wood.. I forgot what type though. But it was cheap. It was 8 bucks I also got wood glue and some screws. After i put it together I spray painted it black. Since my boyfriends favorite animal are foxes I painted a fox on there. And put his nickname on top of it.. Sheesh I hate my hand writing so much.

When I made origami stars I would put them all in a big jar. I still need to fill them up. I just got so lazy after awhile that I didn't want to do anything anymore. I have to get inspired to do it. I'm such a lazy person U_U

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 PM

That's a really nice art table! I should do something like that for myself. And no worries. I either have really really good hand writing, or the worst imaginable. That came into play in class writing fast notes while my professors talked a mile a minute. Does he do a lot of drawing or painting?

It's ok. I think everyone here can agree on being procrastinators. It kinda comes hand in hand with being crafty sometimes.

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:18 PM

Thank you! My boyfriend would sketch a lot. He would make other things out of bottle caps. He made a pokeball picture out of bottle caps. But most of the time he would sketch. He likes working on comics. I noticed that he didn't have an art table so I made him that one for a present. And he loves it. I'm glad he dose.

You know what's crazy though? I used to have really great hand writing as a kid. But one day something happened. I don't know what it was but my hand writing went down the drain. My teachers were really confused to what happened. Instead of looking more into it the figured that I stopped caring. So I've had bad hand writing my whole life. So I guess I have to pratice my hand writing.

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Woodlandnymph : SQUEE! That pin is super cute!

Jojo : That table is cool! Do I spot a fox?

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Thank you Pickles! And yes you do spot a fox. It's my Boyfriends favorite animal. :)

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-08-2013, 05:05 PM

I love how we're all gaga for foxes. ;)

Thanks Pickles!

That's funny how that happens. Trust me when I say that my hand writing is in constant and it changes quite a lot. But I can still write really well when I have a mind to. And I do a lot to copy poetry or when I'm making things for people. As a present to one of my favorite professors, I did up a section of Beowulf in Old English in a old calligraphy font (hybrid, I kind did my own thing). I aged it, painted it with water colors,used dabs of gold ink, illuminated the first letter. It came out really neat and of course I didn't get a picture of it.

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Yeah I noticed that a lot of people love foxes.

Man I wish that my writing skill can change. :(

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-08-2013, 09:15 PM

It can, just takes practice. You can google penmanship practice, and you'll find tips to improve your handwriting along with lessonsand such.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
You know, I don't think I have a picture of the finished product.
It looks a little like these tiny fox pins I made out of felt a few years ago:

You should! Let us see progress when you do make them Pickles.

That sounds cute Jojo! I need to sit down and make some of those origami stars too. They're soooo cute!

Hey Kirin!
Oh so cute

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
It can, just takes practice. You can google penmanship practice, and you'll find tips to improve your handwriting along with lessonsand such.
I'll keep that in mind :)

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 PM

Yup! I'd have to translate a lot of old documents and what not. So....I wrote in the styles I saw, so I could read it faster...getting all familiar with the letters. That helps!

Thanks Kirin :3

People love owls and foxes. Thats ok. I love owls and foxes. More adorable options for me.

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 AM

A lot of people also love wolves.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 PM

That's true. You don't see those in motifs as much around my area, since I'm in the NE, but in the SW and West I would imagine they're all over the place.

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2013, 11:51 PM

Hello! Been a bit busy with work practice and other stuff (like making presents!).
So first I feel that I have to say that I like most kinds of animals, except crabs. I really abhor crabs.
But Pickles coin purse and Woodlas fox pins are just so adorable! And Jojo, that drawing table is awesome. I should probably make one myself to save my body from some of the strain injuries whilst drawing.

Oh, and Woodla, here are two pictures of the bustle pillow as I promised.
Top:

And bottom:

I would like to share pictures of the presents I've made this far, but it's far too late at night here right now so I'll have to do that later.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 11-14-2013, 02:41 AM

Hah. I need a bum roll! I never thought to make my own. Clever clever Tsunii!

I need to start making gifts. Guys, crack the whip PLEASE! I haven't started making any Christmas gifts.

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-15-2013, 03:39 AM

I haven't started making giftmas presents either. No ideas.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Hey all.

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-20-2013, 03:21 PM

Woodla, I didn't figure the bustle pillow out myself, it was a part of the pattern for the skirt. So I'd say that the ones who did the pattern was the clever ones.

As for the Christmas presents, here are the ones I've made this far.

Garnet Earrings for my aunt:

Amethyst Bracelet for my grandmother:

Perler Camera Earrings for one of my cousins (she photographs a lot):

Perler guitar and drum-set key-chains for two of my other cousins (both into music):

Lastly, some perler magnets. The Stormtrooper and the beaver is for my big brother and the zap-apple from MLP is for one of my lovers. (The R2-D2 is mine and the Pink Panther is my mothers, they're not part of the present but I made both of them.):

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-21-2013, 06:31 AM

The jewelry is so pretty. I kinda flailed when I saw the bracelet.
So awesome.

AikaCoonCat
Freelance Artist

Old 11-21-2013, 06:34 AM

I just finished this art journal page, but I feel like it could have been 1000x better. :c
maybe it needed a better background or something. more words? randomness maybe. oh well next time!