Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 05-30-2011, 07:10 PM

She said most of the poison was gone which was good. Since he had such a large amount of magic in his body, minor poisonings rarely did anything to him. The effects of minor poisoning could range anywhere from nothing to a severe fever, but that was rare. Now, if he were to ingest a poison in a large quantity as she did, things would likely turn out much more poorly in his favor.

Even though she had said that she didn't need the wound attended to, Kage intended to anyway. Looking around the room he located the first aid kit and made it float over to the table next to him and then made it invisible. He didn't know if Faith didn't like being taken care of or not but he would tend to her injury for her regardless.

It was just after he managed to get the kit to the table and make it invisible that Faith finished washing up and got out. Kage watched her dry off almost in a trance, damn near forgetting what he told himself that he was going to do. He could make out all the darker areas on her body where there were tattoos. She seemed to have just as many as he did. It was a turn on naturally. Many assassins took on tattoos to cover up their skin from the scars that they received, so usually if one had a slew of designs on their body, it either meant they went through rigorous training, or they were reckless and still alive. But the both of them knew it was the former.

When she walked out with the towel covering the essentials of her frame and her hair dripping wet, it was hard to for the Master to keep from drooling. He was hungry with an appetite for her, and it was only becoming more ravenous by the second at this point. She circled behind him, hips swaying all the way, and could have killed him at this point if she wanted to. His entire defenses were down and out of commission. Then she spoke to him as she massaged his neck. I have no idea what you said love. Though he didn't speak a word out loud. Faith, as it turned out, was a talented massage therapist (can't think of technical name lol) as well. Go figure.

He felt a kiss on his head and then her soft skin laying against him, and it was that which reminded him of his one job he had to do. Tapping her against her leg to get her attention he stood up and turned around to face her, "Let me tend to your wound before I forget my name," he said softly with a smile. He gathered the supplies he needed as she switched positions with him and dropped the towel from her back at least. It only took a few minutes for him to tenderly treat the wound. "There, I'm finished." He had wrapped her expertly being careful not to touch anything that would set him off before he finished.

Now they had all the time in the world (or the rest of the night) to do whatever they wanted to one another. The male leaned down over the chair that he had sat her in and kissed her on her exposed neck. The tattoos on her back only served to spur him on further, and add a heat to his loin area. He placed his lips on various areas over her upper back and neck region before finally asking her to stand up. Now Kage made eye contact, and through their golden gazes, he flooded her mind with the images and emotions of his day. He knew it would overwhelm her and she wouldn't catch all of the images. There were flashes of every memorable moment from his day, from him spotting her to his moments with Viridiana just minutes ago. For some reason he wanted to show her all of his emotions (anger, frustration, infatuation, love, confusion, lust) he went through today. As if he wanted to be completely honest with her but couldn't do so with words, and had just done it all in less than three seconds with his Talent.

Then he picked her up and sat her on the table as he caressed her body and pressed his lips to every possible area. He used all of his accessible tools, magic included, to enhance the feeling of pleasure she would receive. Once he finished playing around and pleasuring her body, he pressed his lips to hers and kissed her wildly, as any man would when he was about to lose control. Although his kisses were wild, they weren't sloppy, he was too talented and picky about that. Kage planned to make her fall in love with him this night as he had done to so many other women, but he didn't plan on leaving her like he did the rest.

A smile developed slowly on his lips and he stopped and stood back to stare into her eyes leaving all the other emotions of the day behind. From this moment on, it was just Azoth and Fernandez, nothing more. . .

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 05-31-2011, 02:28 AM

Fernandez laughed a bit as she was brought as he once again offered to fix her wound. It seemed to make Kage feel better though. Knowing she was patched up. Normally it was unwise to allow another assassin to fix her up. But this case, Fernandez seemed to trust him enough. With the same trust he had in her not to poison him. She took a seat on the chair, moving the towel to the front of her body to allow him better access. The wound itself was about the size of a penny. Although she was not sure how long the blade was entirely. They normally were just long enough to puncture a heart. A few veins around the immediate area were a very dark purple. A reaction to the poison maybe. It took only a few minutes before Kage claimed to be finished.

The kisses on her neck brought great joy to the elven women. She bend her neck away from him to allow better access. Fernandez felt she was forgetting something, her hand remaining down along her knees. Gripping the towel slight every now and then. Her reactions to his soft kisses were both trained, and her own. It had truly been a long time since she had felt truly taken care of. Noble men were always so clumsy. Often leading Fernandez to fake everything then to really enjoy. But this even in early stages. No one knew sex better than trained assassins. Even courtesans sometimes were not very fun.. When asked to stand, she did so without question, making eye contact. Which oddly enough was a strange thing to Fernandez.

Images suddenly entered her mind. Which was almost alarming to the elven woman. What this what was bothering him? The images threw her off slightly. Distracting her as it was an abnormal thing to go threw so suddenly. But Fernandez now understood. More importantly she understood Vi. Simply because she had of coarse gone threw it in the past. Vi and Kage wished to be together, but Vi could not be with someone like Kage at the same time. With being who he was,... they both were.. pleasure seekers. Anyone outside of the business would not understand. Or more importantly, think they would be cheated on every second, believe they were disease ridden, or more importantly did not love the other.

It was not until she felt two strong hands pull her body to the table, closing in the space between them. Her towel drifted to the floor as her hand found raven hair and muscled shoulders. One hand pulled slightly at his hair while the other gripped to his shoulder for support. Fernandez honestly had no idea how, but Kage was driving her wild. Small sounds of longing and lust escaped her lips every now and then. Fernandez trying to keep herself down for the sake of their neighbors.

Just as suddenly as he started, Kage stopped. Taking a step back to look at her. Fernandez simply looked back. Her eyes were filled with need for Kage. Wanting him more than any man in a very long time. More importantly, it was only him she thought of. Not her guild master, not her sister back at home, not even Vi. How she probably felt about all this. Just Kage. Slowly Fernandez stepped down from the table, moving towards Kage, resting one hand after the other on his chest. Standing on her toes to kiss him passionately before slowly pushing him back towards the bed.

((and a nice pan out towards the fireplace or something symbolic like that. lol))

Marsyas

Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 AM

That next morning Azoth woke to a familiar and beautiful elven face. He now felt lighter, more at peace and relieved. Life seemed to feel like it should. Last night had been more amazing than he could have ever imagined. She was so feisty and full of vigor that he wasn't sure if he was the one using magic or she was. The way she moved would make any man reach his limit before the norm. . . easily at that. Hell, he had the first time sadly. But they wrestled many, many more times that night after the first round. Kage had thought that he was talented but she was probably more talented in bed than he was. And the worst part about that was that he was actually alright with that. The sun was almost completely over the horizon by the time they finished familiarizing themselves with the room. There was no place in there that went unused.

A smile grew on his face as he stared at her sleeping figure, rubbing on her frame from above the sheets. Placing a kiss on her forehead, the mage whispered to her, "Good morning, love." And for the first time that he could ever think of, he may have actually meant that word. Or maybe it was a side effect of such a passionate and holy night. The images still danced around in his head, and he had to quickly muffle his thoughts before he decided to wake her and have sex again. He sat up and looked at his bare tatted chest and arms and then flexed them for fun before actually getting out of bed. As much fun as last night had been, he had work to do today and he still had to go see Architect. . . This won't be easy to explain. Maybe I should keep it to myself until I have enough evidence to show for it. He would figure something out, but for right now he needed a bath.

The male hopped up and went and took a cold bath to both help his muscles and to wake him up. He hated them, but they were beneficial. When he got out, he expected Faith to be up and about already. Grabbing a towel, the male dried off and covered his lower area although he had no more reason to. Kage's shoulder length jet black hair hung loose and curly, still a little wet, as he walked from the bathroom. "Are you up making me breakfast yet," he called out in a sarcastic tone. He rubbed his well trimmed beard with a smile as he reminisced about last night once more. I don't think I'll ever forget this. He chuckled at the thought. Nysos, today's got to be a good day, especially after all the sacrifices that were made to you last night.

Hresvelgr

Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 AM

Fernandez slept soundly beside the human mage. At least as soundly as she could. Never truly sleeping in case of attack. Although that was the assassin part of her acting. The previous night was.. simply amazing. However he touched her seemed to be very intense. More so than any other man she had come into contact with. She certainly could say that now. Everything from the way he controlled her, to when he tried to gain control back. They seemed almost in battle threw the night. Two Masters at the same talent. Fernandez was very surprised to find he could continue threw the night.. As most men would faint after the second match.

A familiar hand ran along her frame above the sheet. A soft sweet kiss placed upon her forehead woke her. Fernandez did not opened her eyes but she did stir a bit from her semi-sleeping state. The word crossed his lips again, and honestly it scared Fernandez. Her own emotions were now mixed. Here was a man, everything she could possible ask for. Kage could give her everything she ever needed and more, but being in love... Such a strange weakness, was it not. Once Kage entered into the bathtub to take a bath. How he got the water, probably magic. Fernandez started to stir herself. Moving off of the bed and streching every part of her body. I feel so relaxed.. Fernandez thought to herself, enjoying the feeling.

Fernandez honestly contemplated going and getting into the tub with Kage. In fact she almost did, but stopped herself. Taking out a simple, velvet, plain pearl green dress. Not something one would expect an assassin to wear, but Fernandez had brought it with her in a pack since it was light and small enough to carry on an assignment. She set it on the edge of the bed for the time being as she found a mirror. Wanting to change the bandage. Although Kage's voice from the other room caused her to raise an eyebrow in his direction. Not that she was insulted, but it was very funny how he had said it.

"Yes, I will get right on that." She answered back just as sarcastic. Honestly planning on ordering something to eat in a few minutes or so. Removing the bandage Kage had so tenderly place last night. there was a bit of blood on it, but that was to be expected with all of the wrestling of the previous night. She looked threw the first aid kit, pulling from it a few items she would need as she got to work. Sitting the same chair she was in last night.

"What would you like to eat?.. We still have a bottle of wine I ordered last night." Fernandez said to him. Looking up as he came out from the bathroom. A towel wrapped around him. Hiding already? It brought a small laugh to the inside of her mind. "I would be cooking for you if I had my kitchen. Alas my sister is home. And she surely would kill you. Have her way maybe, but surely kill." she said. More so thinking out loud, and bringing a chuckle to him hopefully. Although it did hint she lived somewhere. Actually lived in the city, and was not just traveling threw as many of her order did. Taking a bit of cleaning liquid, Fernandez placed it on the wound. Burning out the infection before it started.

"Last night was wonderful." She said rather suddenly. Pausing as the women thought it over. Remembering the events from last night. No, Kage was possibly the best she had in a very long time. But could she tell him so? Eh, what could it hurt. "No, no.. Allow me to rephrase. That was completely far from the truth. Last night was quite possibly the best night I have had in a very long time. Years in fact mi dulce" She put a new bandage on her already healing wound before standing slowly. Thinking about her own day ahead of her. She needed to meet with a few Beginning Trainees who should have entered the city last night. She would be giving them simple lessons. Although what Fernandez was not excited for what the fact they were teenagers. Hormones would be the death of her one day. But for now it were still only Kage and herself... was it only just sex?.. Fernendez thought to herself, slowly loosing herself in her own thoughts.. just a simple night to enjoy, right?

Last edited by Hresvelgr; 06-02-2011 at 02:41 AM..

Marsyas

Old 06-03-2011, 07:38 AM

Kage laughed at the smart rebuttal the woman supplied him with. Faith was the healthiest type of fun to be around, company and pleasure. With that being the case. . . How long can we keep this up? Or should we stop now? It was true that their relationship was a risk to both of them and their careers, but what if they didn't get caught. Kage knew he could cover his tracks well and was confident that Faith was the same way. The only variable right now was Vi, and if she found out about what he spent his entire night doing. . . Somehow he would have to find a way to keep her quiet. He might even have to lie to her if she asked about it. Damn, things are going to get sticky around here for a while.

The dark haired man was snapped from his thoughts when he was asked about breakfast. Stroking his beard for a moment the mage replied playfully, "I'll have a glass of wine, with whatever the lovely young lady is having." For extra charm he added a wink and a devious grin to the mix. Then he remembered that he was standing around in just a towel, not that it bothered him, but he should get some clothes on anyway. "Ah, the agony of not having such a beautiful figure laboring over a fire is tormenting me," Kage added again with the sarcastic tone. At the mentioning of her sister, the male couldn't help but chuckle, "I'm sure she would change her mind about killing me if she tried to have her way. That much I'm confident in, aside from the fact that she couldn't kill me."

As if to reinforce his previous comment, Kage stretched (and flexed purposely) showing off his lean eight pack and other well toned muscles, as he walked over to the small pack that he had brought with him last night and put on a brand new all white tuxedo. He accented his outfit with his usual lavish yet somehow modest , gold jewelry. As he was buttoning his shirt, Faith commented about last night. A slight grin appeared on the male's face at first, until she later corrected herself and complimented the man more honestly. Unable to hide a full smile at this point Kage figured he would be open as well, "Thank you for your honesty love. And now, I believe its my turn?" The question was obviously rhetorical, so he took a moment to finish up his outfit then said, "Last night was the best I've ever had." To the male's surprise he actually colored a bit when he said that. Why did my face just get warmer? "I guess I feel a little jealous that you've had better, but you were definately the best I've ever had. No questions asked."

As he was finishing up his sentence the young assassin had already finished dressing and crossed the room placing a kiss on the female's forehead and trailing down to her lips where he found himself locked in combat for a few moments. "When's breakfast? I'm sure you have a busy day ahead of you, correct love?" Kage had plenty to do himself, not to mention meeting up with his old master, Raven Vane. He was more commonly known in his day as Phantom, but now he worked as an independent assassin after stepping down from the mantle of Guildmaster.

In Kage's eyes, he was the one man in the world that epitomized fear and respect. There was no man who had ever had a presence so overwhelming that it was hard to talk to them sometimes except Master Vane. Raven had taught Kage everything that he knew about fighting and how to be a true assassin. The elf gave him power where there was none to be found. He saw light in a world that had been cast into the shadows. Phantom had created his Kage (which means shadow in some language I don't really care to look up at the moment) and set him up as his successor. The only problem was that, Azoth's talent and potential were so far above his maturity at the time when Raven was ready to step down that the more experienced Architect stepped in and took over instead. This of course was about two years ago and Kage had come a long ways since then, but his memory of the disappointment on Raven's face was clear as a crystal.

The memory made the male cringe unintentionally before realizing what he'd done. He quickly masked his expression and gave all of his attention to the beautiful elf in front of him.

Hresvelgr

Old 06-04-2011, 06:10 PM

"Ah yes, there is that small fact. Not being able to kill you will make it tricky." Fernandez said with a small laugh. It probably seemed like she was planning something behind his back, but no. It was simply a joke only assassin's could truly understand. Because of that she enjoyed his company even further. Here was a man who understood her, knew what it was like, and probably even shared her addictions. At least one of them. But even with the connection they shared, they still knew little about each other... Which sadly would probably have to stay that way for a time. Fernandez reached for two glasses, opened the bottle of wine and poured them each a glass. Within her head it was a completely different story. Fernandez was lost.

It was strange, on the outside was seemed very calm and complete. A happy women who had a wonderful night. While another personality on the inside controlled her mind for the time being. The two working separate for each other. Her emotions were at battle, one drawing the sword while the other waving the white flag. Was it possible she could be in love with this man standing before her, flexing. Which of coarse brought a smile to her face and another laugh. Fernandez had not felt so at ease around anyone, even her guild master. Which had been that best ever she mentioned minutes prior. Fernandez knew she preferred men, but something about her guild master always... She honestly was not sure. It could have been simply because the woman had been her first, so there was that special attachment. But Kage.... Fernandez had to stop herself. Remembering the basic rules about their profession. There was absolutely no way she loved him... right?

Fernandez moved to put her dress, tying the dark green sash along her waist. A few of her blades were still on the table by the glasses of wine, but she would deal with them in a few minutes. His words stuck her hard. Not in a bad way at all, but at how truthful he was. The faint red spreading across his face gave that away. The elven women watched him cross the room and kissed him back. Wrapping her arms around his waist. "A few minutes after I order it." She answered, letting go of Kage. Hearing footsteps just outside of the door, Fernandez opened it finding another house keeper. A younger girl than last night, maybe about the age if sixteen. She looked very similar to the bartender, and Fernandez had to wonder if they were related somehow. Fernandez asked for a bit of breakfast. Just a variety and the girl vanished towards the kitchens. To return in a few minutes.

In the meantime Fernandez headed back into the room, closing the door behind her. "But to answer your question, nothing besides the usual. Training a few girls later in the day, but after here I will probably head to the forest for a little while. To do some elf things or something." Fernandez said with a slight way of the hand. It was a joke since besides the ears Fernandez truly knew nothing of her heritage. "Collecting a few common plants merchants like to sell for outrageous prices." While she spoke, Fernandez noticed the small cringe he made. Which rose her brow a bit. "Did I say something wrong?" She asked sweetly, going over to the table to pick her blades up. Strapping a few to her leg and arm. The gun and sword she hid for now. The tavern girl would be up momentary, and Fernandez did not wish to worry the poor lass.

Just as the sword was put behind the the bed, there was a knock at the door which the elven women opened. The Tavern girl brought in a tray of fruits, fresh bread, a bit of fresh ham and some tea for both of them. Fernandez tipped the women and then had to insist when the girl said no. Once the young girl left, Fernandez turned, admiring Kage for a mere second. He dressed finely. "You look as though you are attending the Doria family's party this evening. Or you are meeting with someone dear. Or both? Shall I look for you in a waltzing crowd?" Fernandez asked him, taking a grape from the platter. Fruit was probably the one thing she went for first on a platter, if not the only thing she ate. Not that Fernandez had time to eat much in the first place. Of coarse her attending the party meant she probably had a hit there, or she could have been gathering information.

((I think its Japanese, but i'm not sure lol))

Marsyas

Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM

The raven haired male laughed light heartily, "At least she would get to have the best sex of her life before she tried though. . . So maybe in the end it would all be worth it, no?" It was of course a sarcastic remark (and a bit of a cocky one), but it was a joke in good humor that he knew Faith would understand. His days as a prostitute made him a bit high on his abilities, though not unwarranted, did sometimes leave him in a state of contentment. Somewhere a man of his status, occupation, and ambition should never be.

Another effect of being around this beautiful woman I assume? The fact of the matter was, Kage knew felt that he was too comfortable around her. She was, well, perfect. And there should never be a perfect match for an assassin. If there was, it shouldn't be another assassin who happens to be from a rival faction. This is why we are not allowed to love. The mage could hear his master's deep ominous voice now, "Love is a cripple boy, it will get you killed. If you choose love, you choose death and I promise you. . ." He could picture that sadistic smile as if Raven were standing right in front of him, "Death will claim you one day my boy. Whether it be in the line of duty, or. . . well I'll pray to Nysos that the other option never claims you." That was his first lesson and lecture. Yet here he was right now struggling to figure out how he felt about this woman who could kill him simply by sweating on him during a night of passion. On the other hand, he was just as much of a danger to her. Ah Nysos, the wonderful predicaments you place me in. . .

Whatever the case, the fact of the matter was that he wanted to be near her. Even if he could only sleep with her (which was amazing in and of itself) and never make her his own, he would be satisfied. As she put on a dress and tied it with a dark green sash, Azoth simply admired her figure from afar. Then after another moment of sensuality Faith's humor made the assassin grin and then smile when she ordered breakfast. His stomach rumbled with anticipation and anxiousness.

Upon her return Kage could scarcely contain a grin as he listed to her reply to his question, "Elf things huh? I happen to like elves you know!?! I bet I know one would take offense to such comments." He arched an eyebrow as if he were actually offended and then crossed his arms over his chest and held the pose. A few moments later he found himself grinning like a fool unable to not laugh at his awful joke. He even felt a little ashamed at the joke. Not that it was in bad taste, just that he hadn't come up with anything better. And it was then that he realized that he had never had any clumsy moment like this with Viridiana, but they hadn't just sat around being themselves entirely either. His guard was completely down right now and it was semi frightening. He made a mental note that she was already training others as well, something he had outright refused to do.

Kage then went to his pack and grabbed his boot dagger and the special set of twin daggers that he always kept on him at all times. They were his favorite weapon, two parts of a whole as Vane had taught him, and his most dangerous style. His sword would have to be picked up by one of his assistants later. When Faith asked if she said something wrong the male quickly replied, "No, love. You've said nothing out of place. . . That I can think of. . ." He paused for a moment with a look of bewilderment on his face as his eyes darted from left to right, "You haven't said you were going to kill me at any point right?" He smiled genuinely at her and chuckled lightly. The question was rhetorical as well as a joke, she didn't have to answer.

Then the food finally arrived and Kage walked to the table pulling out Faith's chair and then scooting it in when she took her seat. He nodded when she commented about the Doria family party, "Actually, I am. I have a few appointments to take care of before then but yes, I'll be there. Nobles tend to talk a bit more amongst one another than anyone else, so there's no better place to go get information than an influential family's party." He paused for a moment between a bite of ham and fruit, then continued once he was done, "It's time for Lord Tristan to make his return as well as. . . his wife." Kage figured he wouldn't have to explain who played the role of Tristan's wife to Faith, but he figured she wouldn't take it to heart. Hopefully. Then again he had things to settle with Vi before they went to the party anyway.

Regardless, he quickly moved on,"Not to mention have a very special person to meet with beforehand, or else I won't live to see another day. . ." His tone was that of a defeated man's but there was an upbeat vibe coming from Azoth now. Then he suddenly perked up again and finished, "So I guess the short answer to your question was both. And yes, you should look for me in a crowd of waltzing nobles. I'll be the dark skinned male with all the attention on him." That signature sly grin was on his face again as the mage's confidence was put on display once more. "If you plan on attending love, save me a dance." It may have been a tactless thing to say but the offer was genuine.

((I think so too lol))

Hresvelgr

Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 AM

Fernandez simply laughed as he became 'offended' by her remark. "oh yes. Right after they scold me for being away from the forest for too long." She said towards him. It was rather funny really. She had met a couple of elves threw her life. Some even wooden, like her mother. But their attitude towards her was less than pleasing. They were welcoming for her to join their clan if she wished, but at the same time resentful towards her. Not for the way she was brought up, but from her.. how did they put it.. human like personality. Not that Fernandez thought all elves were the same. Quiet the opposite in fact. Fernandez let her guard down also. Finding herself relaxed in his presence. If Kage truly wanted to kill her, she would never see it coming after all. She would simply enjoy the comfortable moment. Fernandez almost felt normal, well as normal as an assassin could be.

Kage started to gather his weapons. Placing them along his body. Fernandez did not watch, since placement was weapons was almost sacred. Learning where he kept his daggers would only make it easier to disarm him. Even though she had taken most of them off herself in the previous night. It still seemed odd. Although when he spoke, Fernandez simply laughed. "Ahhhh wonderful. So you did not hear of my plan to take over the world." It honestly was the first thing that came to mind, a bad joke on her own part, but still equally odd and funny.

Kage started to speak of being killed. One answer led to her mind over who it might of been. Well not an exact person per say, but who it was to Kage. "Your friend I can assume?.. Oh no wait, wrong term." She said, thinking to herself. Getting mixed between languages as she did every now and then. "Teacher, mentor, Why did I mix up those words? I just used them." Fernandez asked herself, well more scolded herself, with a small chuckle. He would not refer to anyone who could kill him in such a fashion besides someone he feared in a way. Fernandez knew she feared her own mentor. But that same woman had also been the guild master for over forty years, and did not look a day over twenty down so. She could also guess he needed to speak with Vi. Even after last night he still had yet to make a decision. There was something burning between the two, but Fernandez's offer still stood.

She looked to his signature grin, her own gracing her lips. "Only if I'm late of coarse mi dulce." She swept a bit of long blond hair behind her ear. Giving full view of her tattoo to him. "I will look for you in the crowd of coarse. Although I am sure you will find me first. Lord France's son asked me to attend with him. He may not live very far into the night if he can't keep his hands off of me." She admitted to him with a slight shrug. Although for noble men, it was more of a game to be with an elf. Since they could be scene as an easy target. Honestly, Fernandez was a whore, she knew it. But one thing she absolutely hated was being shone off as a trophy to other men. But at least it was an easy in for Fernandez. At this type of party they normally introduced everyone as they entered the room.

-------

Viridiana woke up in the morning after a night of too much wine. Her head was throbbing from pain as she cursed herself for drinking too much the previous night. She slowly got out of bed, washing herself quickly before changing into her typical assassin attire. Unlike Azoth, she had no real need to hide. Sticking to the shadows most of the time, and going on the few errands Architect sent her on. But she expected Azoth back any minute. It was already out of the normal for him to be late. Normally he was back from a wild night before Vi even woke. Although deep down she was honestly wishing he simply went to one of his whore houses, and not to the elf from the rival clan. There was just something about her, all sisters from the dragon talons. They just seemed to have no respect, and show up whenever they felt. Why were they even in this city in the first place?

Viridiana also knew the Dragon Talon clan was known from moving members. So it could be days before Faith moved on to the next city. Honestly, it would be a welcome. It was probably just easier to kill her though. Walking into the kitchen with a sigh, Vi threw away the leftovers from last night. Beginning work on the next meal. She started a fire, throwing a bit of beef, carrots, potatoes, and spices into the pot. It honestly was what was left of their food supply until she or Azoth went shopping. "I think it may be my turn again." She thought outloud, putting a lid on the pot to let it cook.

Marsyas

Old 07-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Kage gasped in an obviouly feigned manner, "You're gonna take over the world love? And why was I not invited to rule as emperor if you will be empress?" He paused for a moment as his comment sunk in, "Alright, alright. . . I'll settle for royal sex slave if emperor is too greedy," he finished with a wink and sly grin. The comfort level between them was dangerous but the man had never had any trouble distinguishing if someone meant him harm, and right now it certainly didn't seem that way to him. Hopefully his instincts were correct. It would be a shame to die at the hands of a woman so beautiful. It would be much better to die in the bed with her. . . The thought made him smile unintentionally.

The raven haired male watched on in amusement as she fumbled her words around looking for the correct term she wished to relay to him, "Yes, he is my master still. I consider myself too young to really be completely free from his lessons, but he insists that he has nothing more to teach me and that I should just go off and experince this life for myself." Kage looked down at his now empty plate and sat his fork down beside it as a hint of sadness was belayed in his eyes, "I've experienced this life. I've made many many mistakes that I can honestly say I'm lucky to have survived." Kage looked up so that he and Faith could make eye contact, "I. . . This life isn't for everyone. It's not for the faint of heart and its not for the mentally weak." He paused for a moment before continuing, "I don't think I fall into either of those categories, but sometimes I wonder what I would've done if I had lived a different life. . ."

After a few silent breaths had passed he smiled, "I know that's not an appropriate thing for an assassin to think, but the one thing I could never bring myself to ask my master was. . . nevermind. This is inappropriate, forgive me." After hearing what she had to say about the party Kage stood up and smiled, "Then I pray to Nysos that young France is an ignorant fool. I hope you spill his blood." Then he walked over to the beautiful young elven woman and placed a parting kiss on her lips, "I have some loose ends that need to be dealt with before Lord Tristan makes an appearance so I shall bid you farewell."

Quickly moving to grab his bag, Kage stopped at the door, "If you need to reach me just a send a message to Lord Tristan's manor by pigeon. It's the safest way to contact me since no one can get to those letters except me." With one last signature grin, he was gone.

It didn't take long for him to arrive at the safehouse where he and Viridiana normally spent a quiet and peaceful night together after missions, though this last one hadn't ended that way. Unlocking the locks as well as disarming the traps and then re-arming them before closing the door, when he turned around something stirred inside him. For some reason now, whenever he saw Vi his chest felt like it would burst and it became hard to breathe. Honestly he didn't know what to say or if he should even say anything at all. They had been around each other for so long it would be foolish for him to believe that if he lied to her she wouldn't know, and something in him just didn't want to hurt her. . .

Nysos, what do you suggest?

Last edited by Marsyas; 07-03-2011 at 08:02 AM..

Hresvelgr

Old 07-07-2011, 07:50 PM

Fernandez held a sweet, innocent smile as he spoke about his mentor. He was covering the identity of the man who taught him for obvious reason. Even if there was a spark between them, maybe even love, they were still enemies. Their clan masters wanted the head of the other. Yet it was interesting to see the similarity of how the clans worked. The both of them were very similar. Their jobs, their training to an extent. They both even were reading each other every little movement. Fernandez found that detail out last night.

"The title of master is nothing. We are all students in life. Learning every second of the day. Then using it at night."
She mentioned as Kage brought up his learning. Fernandez moved towards the window. Standing just to the side of it. A habit and defensive maneuver to avoid assassin attacks, even if it was early in the day. Some things were just engraved in one's mind. "You are too hard on yourself, Kage." She said to him, looking down at the streets. Shops were just opening for the day, vendors were setting out their products. Even a small troop of templars were making their rounds. She looked back towards him, feeling his eyes searching for hers.

What he said was something Fernandez could relate to. Every assassin probably could. Especially if they were raised to kill. "It is not inappropriate. I think the same way at times." She admitted, stepping away from the window after seeing a familiar form enter the market place. She swayed towards Kage. Wrapping her arms around his neck and shoulders. "What it be like to live with my kind, what it be like to be a normal woman. I would probably be married by now. Have a couple of children running around." She was thinking out loud, but suddenly shrugged. Shaking her head slightly. "A few of my sisters have children to be perfectly honest. It is not looked down upon, since if the child is girl, we have another assassin. If it is a boy, then we have a bodyguard, servant, or toy. Depending on the boy of coarse. But yours thoughts are not inappropriate. At least towards myself." Of coarse she did not tell him the other things her order did to male children. They were not so glamorous.

She was curious where his previous thought had been going, but did not press the issue. Her lips found their way to his. Leaving an invisible mark for them both to remember. "I will mi dulce." Fernandez assured him. Watching him go. She took the time to gather her things into her own bag before leaving herself. Taking the time to thank the inn keeper. Which he seemed properly confused over who she even was. Fernandez made her way threw back alleys towards the north of town until she made it to a home. Which she simply opened the door, and moved her head slightly to the right as a knife found its way fling by her head.

"Good morning to you too Master." Fernandez greeted the Sisterhood's Grand Master, Alee Miko Yuzoko. Which most would expect Alee to be in Lille, where their main base was located. In reality she was right in the city. Working just under the noses of the other clans. She was nearly never scene by humans, or anyone outside of the clan. So no one had a clear picture of what she looked like. Alee was a pure demon. She had the ability to literally become one with the shadows, or disappear entirely. She morphs her body to change her identity from people she has killed in the past. Alee is also a born fighter. Fighting in wars for hundred of years against the divine. How she ended up being the leader of a mortal assassin clan is something she will gladly tell. She simply walked in, liked what she saw, and sliced the previous leader into tiny pieces.

Fernandez found her body being pushed back against the door. A hand started to become visible, followed by the red markings and body of her master. A kiss found its way onto the elven woman's lips. "You smell of a man... A magic man." Alee said. Her accent was very eerie. It could send shivers down the spine of most of their members. "Seems you had a bit of fun last night. A wound on your back.." Her head snaked it way around to the stab wound Fernandez had received the previous night. Pressing lightly, having Fernandez move under her grasp. "Your markings are even blue. Meaning you ingested something foul. So tell me, will this magic man die?" Alee asked Fernandez. Her forehead matched with Fernandez's. Pressing her into the hard wooden door behind her. Fernandez did not answer right away. "He will not.." Fernandez answered. Unable to lie to her master. She would be able to see right threw it after all.

Alee held Fernandez tight. "Your targets for the day?" she asked, her voice was rather displeased already. "Gone." The received a smile from Alee. The demon leaned down to kiss Faith again. This time their tongues wrestled a bit before Alee finally let Fernandez go. "Get yourself cleaned up and ready. The girls are already searching for you."

Fernandez headed upstairs into her room. Taking a quick cold bath, and changing into an outfit That consisted of a black hooded silk top that hugged her frame remarkably well. It was open in the front. Held together by small bits of gold chain. Allowing enough to be scene to be considered a tease. A pair of black pants, followed by a series of black belts with gold accents within the stitching and metal bits. Her boots were the same ones she wore the night before. Another belt was fastened just under her breasts. It acted as another support for the sword she carried on her back. It keep it from moving to much. But also to lift. Faith was a master of seduction. Which had a lot to do with what she wore, and how she wore it. The skin showing was all covered with a large undershirt of black floral lace. It traveled the entire length of her torso, and stopped just under her eyes. Acting also as a mask. Her weapons were secured in varies places. Now, one may be asking themselves, why would Fernandez need this much cover and weapons to teach a group of girls. Well, they were going on a high risk mission also.

"I do hope I will be able to help you out of that when you return." Fernandez turned to see Alee standing just behind her, whispering in her ear. "But of coarse my Master." Fernandez replied. Alee was the one to have purchased Fernandez after all. Which was why Faith called her Master. Making Faith very much Alee's Slave.

--------

Viridiana could hear the locks and traps being disarmed. Knowing it was more than likely Azoth making his way home. But her instincts told her to be on guard. She moved into the bedroom. Not much of a hiding spot, but something to at least separate her from the main room. When the door finally opened, she recognized the footsteps, although stayed in the other room. How should she react? Be angry? It wasn't like they were married, or even together. So it wasn't like he was cheating. Even if it felt that way. After a couple of minutes, Viridiana stepped out into the main room. Looking Azoth up and down before shaking her head.

"Honestly, do you think with your head or just your penis?"
Vi said very harshly. A wave a anger filled her. Just looking at her long time friend, she could tell who he had been with. If it was one of his whore houses, Azoth would not have the worried expression playing on his face. He even seemed to have a hard time breathing from her presence. She moved towards the pot over the fire. Giving it a stir. Not paying attention from her sudden rush of emotions, a bit of the stew sloshed out onto the side of the black pot and into the fire it was cooking over. Vi noticed he did not speak right away, giving her a chance to speak further.

"So what makes this whore so different than the others Azoth?... she can kill you with a kiss, she probably is carrying thousands of diseases, she is an enemy. Faith probably sleeps with everything that moves. You know if she truly cared for you, then why did she practically throw herself at the tigers last night?... If somehow the Architect was to find out about her, you know I would be sent to kill her." Viridiana said to him. Turning towards him with a hand on her hip. I do hope I get the chance to take that bitch out. "What if Vane was to find out?" Viridiana was speaking completely with anger. An assassin was taught how to control emotions. But because Vi strictly did assassination work, she rarely had to deal with others. Her last question could have been taken easily as a threat from her sudden tone of voice change.
✿☆✿┗━━✿═━┈━═✿━━┛✿☆✿

Marsyas

Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 PM

(YAY!!! Drama!!! LOL)

The reception he got wasn't altogether unexpected, Vi was probably undoubtedly attuned to his nature which tipped her off to where he had been last night. Ah dammit, can't say I don't deserve it a little. He was a bit startled at how angry she was, which just showed him how much she really hated Faith. Or rather hated that Faith had actually grabbed his attention along with his affection. Azoth leaned back against the door and closed his eyes as he listened to the woman release her anger upon him. Some of the things she said hurt, and they cut a little more sharply than the mage expected, making it hard not to show how painful it was to be in his boots.

When she finally finished the male looked at her with his golden eyes already apologetic, though his first words weren't, "She reminds me of... well, me and also. . . I-I feel comfortable around her like I do when I'm with you. I see in her someone that has been dealt a shit hand in life, and made something of themselves that they can be proud of. Even if no one else is." He practically whispered the last sentence. Pushing himself off of the door he closed the gap between them and continued to speak softly wanting to place a caring hand on his clanmate but refraining himself, "Vi, to be honest with you if I had to weigh things now as they are. . . I care about you more than I care for her. Hell, I may actually be in love with you. But when you rejected me last night. . ." There was a slight momentary pause, because he knew this would sound like he was blaming her (which he was to some degree).

Moving around his partner and closest friend, the master assassin went to the pot and gave it another stir before tasting it and deeming it to be almost finished. He didn't bother to turn back around, instead he stared into the crackling flames as he spoke gently from his squatted position in front of the fire, "When you rejected me last night, I was upset. So I went somewhere that I knew my affection would be returned." There was no way the man could speak of what went down in that room last night to her so he moved on quickly, not wanting her to get any unwarranted ideas in her head (as if he could stop it). There was no telling what she was already thinking.

"I don't know if I can keep this from Architect but I'd rather not have to tell him." That was his way of asking Vi to keep quiet and act normal when they were around him. Finally standing up and dousing the fire with a bit of magic he added, "As far as Vane goes. . . Nysos, I pray he doesn't already know." It was not a well known fact, except to the few people close to him, that Vane had the power of clairvoyance, and who better to keep an eye on than his two star pupils. "If he's been spying on either of us lately, so he can be a smartass later, then he probably already knows." Sighing loudly as he ruffled his hair a bit, "Master's in town today and I'm suppose to be meeting him at the tavern on the docks in a little while. . . I didn't know if he contacted you or not so I wanted to surprise you. Do you want to come?"

Azoth hadn't seen their master in a few years, so he was both excited and nervous, and now there was a growing sense of fear. He had no idea how long it had been since Vi had saw him. For all he knew, they could've been keeping in touch without him knowing, not that it would bother him any, but it was a possibility. Walking over to the cabinet, he grabbed two bowls and made them each a plate and set them at the table. He then pulled out the chair for Vi and offered it to her, halfway expecting her to reject it, "Lets just eat Vi, please. Lord Tristan and his wife, have a ball to attend tonight. Will the lady be in attendance with her husband?" There was that small crooked signature grin surfacing on his face. It was all he could do to effectively mask his worries.

All this stress she was putting on him was uncalled for and would probably have put him in a bad mood if it wasn't for the fact that he was half fearful for his life. And it could have something to do with the fact that he may have just confessed his love for her? Shit.

Hresvelgr

Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 PM

Viridiana noted the more she spoke, the more she seemed to strike him with a dagger. Part of her did feel sorry for saying such things... But the angry side of her only took over. Part of her in a sick way liked to make him feel the guilt. Wanted to make Kage hurt like she had hurt last night. It could have been her nature peeking threw. Viridiana enjoyed seeing pain in others. Although she would never drag it out for very long. It was revenge in a way to the world. The world had taken her family from her. Placing her into the home of the murder's house. Making her a house keeper until she had to listen to their deaths. The man got what he deserved for stealing her family and life away. Now the elven whore was trying to steal her man away. Viridiana refused to allow that to happen.

When Azoth started to speak, Viridiana almost had it in her mind to leave. Just walk out. Go to the templars, and put a bounty on Faith's head. Something to keep Azoth with her. But his words did captivate her. She was silent as he pretty much told her that he loved her. Something she was not expecting to come out of Azoth's mouth ever. Even as the blame turned on her, Vi nearly opened her mouth to speak, but nothing was able to come out. So instead she watched and listened. Seeing him stir the pot, and test to see if it was done just yet. Which it should have been once he dosed the fire. In a few quick fluid motions, Azoth was standing over the chair with two bowls of stew.

"Your asking me to not tell our Grand Master about your affair?... wonderful." Vi said to herself. Not yet taking the seat. She looked away. Not out right rejecting it, but more thinking. Her voice was calmed down some. Or at least there was no screaming. Azoth knew Viridiana hated not informing the architect. Mainly because if he were to find out that Vi had not told him later down the line... "I wont tell a soul. Only if you can promise your little fun with her is over." After all, there was no way Viridiana was going to cover for him if he kept sleeping with the member of an enemy clan.

It did come as a surprise than Vane was in town. Someone she enjoyed spending time with every now and then. To her, Raven Vane was like a father. He taught her everything, putting her above most in the clan at such a young age. "Of coarse I would love to join, but I think I will have to be late. I have a quick errand to run before hand." Viridiana told him. Finally taking the seat he had offered to her. Bringing up the ball they were attending that night. "Yes, I will go." She said with a slight sigh. As the thought crossed her mind again. He had just confessed his love for her. Something she wished she could fully return.

"You just said you love me." Viridiana said. Looking up to him. Her eyes still showed anger, but it was dieing down slowly. Her reaction was showing threw. "Do you mean it?" Vi had to wonder if he was saying it just to calm her down, or if he really did love her.

------

Fernandez made her way out of the house in a matter of minutes. It was bright as any other day out, making the black she was wearing stick out against the crowd. Not normally something she did. In fact it was quite the opposite. Staying well hidden, and out of sight. Well, at least most of the time. Kage did pull her out of the crowd yesterday. She quickly made her way towards the center of the city. Standing just on the edge in an alley before walking in. Within seconds three of girls appeared around Fernandez. Two of which were human. One with blond hair, the other with dark brown. The third girl was of a different race. She had the ears and tail of a wolf.

"Morning Ladies." Fernandez said to them all. Moving closer. To the three girls, this was a test. Fernandez was going to lead them right into the heart of the city. To the main church in fact. There they have to assassinate,( or attempt) the Templar Leader. Faith was not to help them, even if The leader was about to kill any of them. In the sisterhood, they more than likely would be on their own most of the time. With one other clan member in miles. If the three of them could not bring down one man, and maybe a couple of guards, then the sisterhood was merely wasting their time.

Marsyas

Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 AM

This took him back. The fighting. It had been a while since the two of them got into a real fight. It had probably been about five years or so. The thought gave way to the shadows of a grin. He could tell that she was calming down a bit, her yelling had stopped. It was kind of cute that she didn't really know how else to handle things, and it was one of the quirks that attracted Azoth to Vi.

One thing that was a double edged sword with her was her loyalty. Vi is just as loyal to the Architect as she was to Phantom (Vane) when he was their guildmaster. It's a subject that's a little frustrating to Azoth since he doesn't feel the same way towards the man. Not that he doesn't respect their head but he isn't nearly as loyal to him as Viridiana. Its a bit of a bitterness towards Architect for showing him his shortcomings as an assassin. "Yes, I'm asking that your trust lie with me on this one." When she agreed, it was one problem off of the mage's back, but the stipulation was steep and Azoth knew that he didn't have time to think on it or else, "Fine, deal." He wasn't sure if he would be able to hold up his end of the bargain but he would give it a conscious effort for Vi.

After she had taken her seat and he was seated, he was happy to hear that she had agreed to both of his offers. It would be good to see Vane again and it would look good to the nobles if both of the Tristan's were in attendance at the ball tonight. Two positives for now. "I'll let Master know that you're coming so we'll wait for you at the tavern," he said in an upbeat tone.

When she asked if he really loved her, Azoth took a look up from his bowl and he could see she was trying to hide her true reaction. His features softened as he gave her that crooked grin, "Of course I meant it. I wouldn't have said it otherwise, you know that."

-------

Heading up the Templar Order was no small task, there were hundreds of men that he was responsible for. Not that it was a daunting task for the legendary Regnus Pierce (he's in a Templar uniform of course). Standing at 6'3'' and over 200 lbs, Regnus was easily stood out as the head of the Templars. Having lost his eye to an assassination attempt, the burly man had a fearsome look to his opponents. Though to his subordinates, he was the look of compassion. It was widely known that Regnus was a kind hearted soul who took to the teachings of the church and believed that the work they were doing was for God. He never took on a family fearing that if he did, they would have become a target to get to him.

Regnus was only 24 when he took control of the Templars making him the youngest commander in history. Since then he had killed more than a few of the more infamous assassins as well as a taking the heads of a few guildmasters. In fact he had recently just killed the Tigers. He had heard rumors that he had been succeeded by a man named Fang who was even more bloodthirsty and a bit more intelligent than the last. He clashed with both of the more recent guildmasters of the Shadow Order and even fought against the Talon's guildmaster. Those were three fights that he was proud to have survived but he had fought on even terms with them all. Just the fact that he had walked away alive from those fights had made him into a legend. Some called him Regnus the Eternal, others Regnus the Immortal, but most referred to him as Regnus the Fierce. Not that he cared a great deal for nicknames but it was good to hear that his Order was proud of him.

At the moment he was in the middle of meeting with a few of the higher ranking members of the Templar Order. "As you all know, the assassins have been growing in strength and numbers lately. I have personally killed more than a dozen in this past week. With their strength and numbers, they are growing bold. My life has been in danger more often than usual, which is of little concern to me but I do not wish for this to continue." Standing up from the round table that that the seven members in attendance were sitting he walked over to the bookshelf that hid their secret meeting room from the public. "We've had too many templar deaths in the past month for me to sit by and not take action. Therefor, I wish to hear your thoughts on my solution to this problem. A purge. . ."

Hresvelgr

Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 AM

Viridiana was not sure if she could quite trust Azoth to hold up his end of the bargain. After all, he was addicted to everything within the sexual nature. The act, the climax, everything. It was something Vi herself never could understand. Maybe it was because she did not have it often enough. Not that she was really looking most of the time. When it happened, it was great. But normally ended up with Viridiana scared for weeks if she was pregnant or not. Something she hated going threw. Since there was a reason there were not many lady assassins.

She took a couple of bites of the stew she had made. Nothing special to it really. Since it was something easy to make, they had it often. Vi would need to be sure she was back early enough to get dressed up. Another thing she seldom did. Vi was not even quite sure how to interact among the rich. Well besides putting a knife threw their chest.. silly right? The neck was a much easier kill. Still the thought crossed her mind if the sisterhood would be there. Well of coarse they would be. It was hard to recognize them most of the times, but they would be there.

His words of love, brought a rare smile to Viridiana. One only Azoth saw most of the time. She stood up from the table, with her finished bowl in hand. Giving him a kiss on the cheek before dropping the bowl in the sink. "I have to get going now. I got a tip about an enemy clan training this afternoon. May as well take out some of their up and coming bright stars." Viridiana told him. Not giving any too many details. Partly because she was not sure who it was. Just a location.

"I will meet you at the tavern in a short while."

------

Curro Zaph had worked his way to become a Commander in the Templar order. Somehow, someway, he was forgiven for his crimes. When Curro was a child, he got into a bit of trouble, which had him ripped from his home and supposed to be excuted. The templar head at the time took mercy on the child. Deciding to take him under his wing and teach him right from wrong. Where Curro comes from is a complete mystery. Since if anyone were to ever find out, he would be ruined. The mystery is Curro grew up in a whore house. A house of sin and false love. His father was unknown and could have been anyone while his mother was a tramp. Normally it was scene as illogical to judge someone from their birth conditions. But in the Templar order, things were slightly different.

Curro was in his thirties by this point. Thirty four to be exact. Sadly though, the years were not well on Curro, for he easily could pass for someone older and wiser than he. He still had the same speed and strength, but his body was covered in scars, wrinkles, and even burns. He was amazing some of the stories he could tell. Maybe not as fun as Regnus, but stories none the less. He also had an old enemy back in town. Fernandez, he knew well of her. Curro could cover up his motive with she was an assassin and needed to be taken care of. But in reality she knew things about the Templar Curro just did not wish to get out. Or at least that was what Curro thought.

Curro sat beside Regus as he spoke to the small table of seven. Relaying his plan to lead a purge. Something that could rile up the public in an instant. Since they easily could loose business and homes. Not to mention they practically had the right to execute anyone they believed were working with assassins. Trading information, selling goods, hiding, buying from. Anything to get rid of the influence. There was silence around the room as Curro decided to speak up.

"It is a delicate sitution. We have reports of every large group sighting in town. At least one member from each has been scene. We can assume something is going on to bring them all here. A full purge may be a great idea... except.." Curro caught off to gather his thoughts, "We need to strike the leaders and higher ranking members of the clans. Cut off the head and the body is useless. I can assume we need to be sure of there locations first."

Marsyas

Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM

There it was, that special smile that seemed to make a world of worries go away. The male reactively grinned crookedly in response. For some reason, she always managed to get a smile from him whenever she smiled, no matter the situation. Azoth simply nodded as Viridiana took off, something he needed to do, to investigate her tip. With the situation seemingly under control now, Azoth could breathe a little easier. He grabbed his bowl as he got up from the table and placed it in the sink. He then gathered his bag that he had left by the door and put it in their room, resolving to sort his things out later.

Azoth quickly ran a mental checklist through his head making sure he had all of his tools and everything he would need for the party ready. After running around through the hideout and finishing up the little things, the golden eyed mage was satisfied that everything was ready and set out to the docks to meet Vane.

The walk there was deliberately slow for several reason. First, he had no idea if Vane was there yet, so he elected to walk through the crowds of people. Second, he had to mentally prepare himself for the possibility of an intense reunion. It had always taken him a bit more nerve to face Vane than it had any foe that he faced. Lastly, (and the most bothersome) Azoth was still scared of what Vane might know. There was no telling if his master had used his ability beforehand or not (at least until he got there). It was nerve-racking not knowing. All in all, it had taken at least twenty minutes for him to arrive at the seaside tavern when it normally would've only taken him five at the most.

When he walked in, he was immediately greeted by a waitress who directed him to a table on the second floor balcony. The young assassin hoped that it wasn't a sign that his master was already upset. After escorting the man upstairs to Raven, she was given a earnest tip and dismissed. Azoth wanted to meet the man he respected, feared and loved the most alone. Walking out to the balcony, Vane was leaning over on the railing peering out at the horizon. "Have a seat Azoth," that familiar warm yet deep and authoritative voice said.

Doing as commanded, the young mage sat down at the table. The first thing he noticed was that all the other tables on the balcony were empty. Meaning that Vane had arranged it to be that way. Not good. When the old assassin turned around, the face that Azoth remembered from his childhood was scarred. There was a deep scar over his right eye, though it did little to his appearance other than make his presence more fearsome. "Master, what happened?" Seemingly confused Vane cocked his head to the side before getting the question, "Oh this thing? It came from a clash with the Templar Leader a few months back." His voice was calm, calmer than usual. "That man is a helluva fighter. If you run into him, be careful."

Kage made a mental note of the advice. Turning around to face the younger man Raven looked at him for a few moments before speaking, "It's been a while. From what I hear, you've been doing well and you've made quite a name for yourself?" There was a gentle nod in response, "Yes sir." The remnants of a smile seemed to appear, "Good good. Where is Viridiana?"
"She's investigating a lead, then she said she'd join us as soon as she was finished." Raven smiled slightly, something of a rare sight, "I've heard quite a bit about her as well. She seems quite dedicated." The mage chuckled a bit, "She is. She works herself to the bone and rarely takes any time out to rest or have any fun." The response evoked a raised eyebrow, "Is that so?"

Feeling that he may have chosen his words poorly Azoth quickly tried to cover, "I mean she never seems to think of herself. Everything is about the job." His master's eyes narrowed slightly, "As it should be. If you want to be the best, as you say you do, then you need to have the work ethic." Sighing a bit the man walked to the table and sat down across from his pupil, "Azoth, both of you are exceptionally talented, but talent alone gets you nowhere. If you don't have the drive then it's all for naught. How badly do you really want it?" Here he was, not even two minutes into the conversation and he had already managed to piss Raven off. Unable to look the dark elf in the eye Azoth quietly replied, "Some things change. . ."

Then before he realized what had happened, the male found himself on the floor holding the side of his face as he gazed up at his master's imposing figure. "You sound weak boy! What have you been doing?"

-------

As the room remained silent, Regnus couldn't help but feel that there was some reason behind the silence in the room. Where his commanders afraid? No that can't be it. Then as if reading his worries, Commander Curro spoke up. The tall male (who was now in his late fourties) paced the room as he listened to Curro speak. The other Commanders, all listened intently yet Regnus felt there was an odd feeling in the air. "You have a valid point Curro and to add to what you were saying I think we need the most accurate intel we can get. With that being said, I want a list with the names and pictures of the most influential personnel from each guild. This way we can target them without issue."

Then as if on cue, Commander Valen Nightshade , a well respected and powerful man who was young for his position, stood up, "If I may, your grace. . . This purge is an excellent idea milord, but if what Curro says is true. Then are we not outnumbered and outclassed by these assassins?" His words seemed to spark up some conversation between the others for a moment before Regnus raised a hand, "I understand your concern. You speak of our lack of magic firepower if I'm correct?" He received a slight nod from Valen.

"Being that magic is forbidden from being used by anyone lower than the rank of lieutenant, that does make it seem like the assassins have the advantage, but that's not the case. If this purge is to succeed, only the top Templars who recieve my blessing as well as the Pope's will allowed to participate. I will not have any unnecessary deaths on my watch." Pausing for a moment to sort his thoughts out, he could sense that the feeling of the atmosphere was shifting, "I will give you all a few minutes to think about it and then we will call a vote."

Last edited by Marsyas; 07-14-2011 at 07:39 AM..