Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 10-21-2008, 02:50 AM

We would very much appreciate it if you took the time to give us your thoughts on the Halloween Event! Thank you!

Happy Halloween! [imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/3750bd7064e2ab86af8db90a476bfcf0.gif[/imgright]

Can't seem to find that last item? Don't understand the difference between candies and candy apples? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

While everyone is free to give hints as to where the event items can be found, do not flat out tell someone the location of the items! It ruins the fun for everyone! Offending posts will be edited or deleted.

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Halloween event runs from October 27th - November 3rd, ending at approximately 6pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

Table of Contents
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Collecting Currency & Event Items
2. Overview & Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 11-03-2008 at 12:03 AM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 10-21-2008, 02:51 AM

Once again, we are using two different currencies ("treats") during this event, Candies and Candy Apples.

Collecting Candies
[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/1/8d9446b39c33f5b2e9d2df27ec0eed26.gif[/imgleft]Candies: These will be used to collect the event item rares after you have solved the day's clue.
There are three different ways to collect them
-
1) Posting around the forums like normal will earn you 0.30 of a Candy for each post you make. (Earning you 1.20 Candies for every 4 posts you make in the forums.)

2) As a special bonus for thread starters, you will receive 0.05 of a Candy for each post that is made in your thread. (So if there are twenty posts made in your thread, you earn 1 whole Candy.)
However, you will not get your 0.30 Candies for any posts you make in your own thread.

3) You may also collect full Candies by Trick-or-Treating in the Neighborhood page (click "Trick or Treat" on the banner). Each NPC may give out between 0 and 3 whole candies once per hour. (ie: Jeryck may give you 2 Candies and ten minutes later, Channah may give you 1 Candy, and so forth. But they may give you 0 candies, or candy apples instead!)
Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

Go Trick-or-Treating!
[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/48887/f6eb461bae4cb752d5dfb75bc84bf19c.gif[/imgleft] Candy Apples: These will be used to purchase event commons in the Special Event Store. Candy Apples are only given out by the NPCs giving out treats in the Neighborhood page. NPCs will give out a random number of Candy Apples or Candies (between 0 and 3 of each) once during their 10 minute turn of handing out treats.

Each Candy Apple is worth approximately 10 gold and will disappear after the event - so spend them before the event ends!

---

Trick & Treat: The Ghost NPCs
[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/1/99048d478b212c2342060e57ff40e005.gif[/imgleft][imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/1/762f629ab34a8ce51b3d869ba31ad07a.gif[/imgright]

These are Trick and Treat, the Ghost NPCs. They aren't actually the ghosts of people, but more the 'spirit of Halloween', personified, which is why you'll only see them during the Halloween season. :)

Each day of the event, one of these two will pop up in a hidden location. When you have enough Candies to see the day's Clue, you must solve the Clue and find the location on the Menewsha website where these playful ghosts are hidden.

When you find the correct location, click on the ghost and they will trade you Candies for an Event Item Rare! Only one rare item will be given out each day, but you can get the items in any order you like, as many times as you have Candies to trade for the item! Each item is hidden in only one location, so make sure you know which item you're getting before you click!

If you're having trouble finding where the clues are, here is a handy screenshot of the main event forum. This is where the clues for the event are located.

---

Event Item Rares
These are the event items you get from the ghosts by trading them Candies! The ghosts will not appear, even if you know the answer to the Clue and are in the correct place, unless you have enough Candies for the item to trade with them! So don't get discouraged - just double-check to make sure you have enough Candies for the item you want!

Each event item rare will be added to this section of the FAQ only after a user has solved the clue and reported finding the item. :)

Day 0: No event item today. (Heck, no EVENT today... sorry.)

Day 1: Sorry - no event item today either, thanks to the delay.

Day 2:
Item: Yumeh Bats
Candies needed: 8

Day 3:
Item: The Black Widow's Pin
Candies needed: 8

Day 4:
Item: Pumpkin Patch
Candies needed: 9

Day 5:
Item: Witch's Broom
Candies needed: 9

Day 6:
Item: Death Cloak
Candies needed: 10

Day 6:
Item: A night in the Graveyard
Candies needed: 10

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 11-03-2008 at 03:00 AM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 10-21-2008, 02:51 AM

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/229c57e881c4dd2701e5c00788b0bd72.gif[/imgleft]
Overview
A basic review of how the event works.
  • Treats = A general term for Candies or Candy Apples
  • Candy Apples = Used for Event Commons
  • Candies = Used for Event Item Rares
  • Treats are collected in the Neighborhood page.
  • You may earn 0 - 3 of either treat (not both) per NPC per hour.

• Clues will tell you where to find the event items.
  • Clues will not appear until you have enough Candies to trade a ghost for the day's item.
  • Ghosts will not appear, even if you are at the correct location, unless you have enough Candies for the item.
  • You must click on the ghost "NPC" to trade in your Candies for event items.

• Unused Candies and Candy Apples will carry over day to day until the end of the Event.
  • However, unused Candies and Candy Apples will disappear after the Event is over.

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/5b505049a8f4319231bb31252056c21b.gif[/imgright]

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 6pm Central on November 3rd.

Q. Can you collect Candies by posting in all forums or only in the Halloween forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum. :yes:

Q. How many Candy Apples can you earn per hour?
A.You are able to earn between 0 and 18 Candy Apples per hour, depending on your luck at Trick-or-Treating and if you remember to go Trick-or-Treating.
There is no need to refresh the Neighborhood page - just visit every 10 minutes to collect your treats!

Q. Can I buy or trade treats?
A. No. You'll have to earn your Candies and Candy Apples on your own!

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. We're currently aiming for around 2pm Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight! :)

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. Omi and YanYan13 worked together on the manga.
Omi did the NPC artwork for the Neighborhood page and the cute chibi Nami in this section and the cute intimidating chibi Tesel in the "Overview" section above.
Iroase Delschatten did the artwork for the event thread banners.
YanYan13 did the Halloween site layout artwork, including the teaser banners.
Sizzla was kind enough to put together most of the banners for the event!

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. A lot of people, as it happens! Only their names will be listed, though they all deserve props individually as well! Paxjah, Tre le Coco, Bisque, Omi, ChibiTotoro222, Patchy and Some Random Randomness all deserve your warm praise!

Q. Some people are wearing some spooky new skins (white/ghost, corpse, and zombie) - where can I get them? And will they stay after the event??
A. They can be found under the "Avatar" section of your toolbar. Just go and change your skin - it's free and it will stay after the event. :) Enjoy!

Q. I'm not getting a lot of Candy Apples! I'm getting a lot of nothing or Candy Corns! Is that normal?
A. Yes, that's entirely normal. It's completely random whether you get 0 of anything, 1-3 Candy Corns or 1-3 Candy Apples. It is fully the luck of the draw.

You are not meant to get every item from the Special Event Store for free - these Candy Apples are the equivalent of party favors... Enjoy them if you're lucky, and if not, post or game and get gold and buy the shop items while they're half-price while you can. :)

Last edited by Mene Switchboard; 10-27-2008 at 08:32 AM..

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM

YAY, this is up!

1) GREAT JOB!!!!

2) Why 2 spirits? Maybe 2 items every day for clues? *wink wink*?

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 PM

Oi! I have a question! There's an item in the shop called Crimson Lady Lolita Heels. Is there going to be an outfit to go with those shoes? I really hope so >.<

BUT awesome job to everyone! Mene events are the best! <33333

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

All of the staff out-did themselves for the event. I'm stunned. Like, quite literally, stunned. I keep gawking at all the pages.

YAY, HALLOWEEN IS HERE!

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

The thread layout is very pwetty. :3

_~Link~_
The Hero of Time has left for ww...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:52 PM

Is there gonna be a clue today or do we need to wait till tomorrow still? >.<

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-27-2008, 10:54 PM

@ link, I'm guessing tomorrow. Oh well. Rome was not built in a day!

_~Link~_

Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 PM

True Hatake, very true. =P

Sikira_Uchiha
Live Evil
Send a message via Yahoo to Sikira_Uchiha

Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 PM

Yay finally It looks great!

Aryn
*^_^*

Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Sounds very fun =D

L o g a n
hay

Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM

Very cool. :]

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM

Just a question, at the top of the forums it says that I have a certain number of candy corn, yet below my avatar it says a different, lower amount. Is this a glitch or something? *confused*

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 PM

*Isnt quite sure the candies are adding up properly from each post*

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM

Okay, I think I get the treak-or-treating now. Thanks.

Aisu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM

Where's the neiborhood page?

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM

At the top of the event page there is a button labeled "Trick or Treat" if you click there you'll be taken to the neighborhood for trick or treating

Joico
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM

First of all I would like to say awesome job and thanks for all your hard work!

Are we going to get a clue today or is it going to start tomorrow and can we go tricker treating at the neighborhood once every 10 minutes?

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 PM

xD

Big "beginning of event" rush, eh?

xD

Where people are flooded with repeating questions, almost like a loop.

Edit: And yes, once every 10 minutes. And clue tomorrow I believe.

Aisu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siaasgn View Post
At the top of the event page there is a button labeled "Trick or Treat" if you click there you'll be taken to the neighborhood for trick or treating
Thank you^^. The new layout is awesome, but it has me a bit confused at the moment.XP

_~Link~_

Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM

No such thing as perfection, besides, having the candy not add up properly under your avatar isn't that bad, at least its working in the top corner.

Yes, we must wait till tomorrow for the first clue and yes, we can only get new things from NPCs every ten minutes. xP

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM

I am assuming we can have our mules trick and treat as well. Please let know for sure though, I fear being banned for some reason.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 PM

Hey at least this gives us a day to gather up for the actual event item tomorrow. That and I'm still in awe of the pages, love the trick-or-treat page, I love three of the panels there. This was worth the wait. :D

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM

@amyrex2: You may use your mule to Trick or Treat or participate in the event, just like any other event. ^^ But be sure to abide by the site rules (i.e. no chatting with yourself on your main and mule to earn gold, etc.)