Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 AM

((It's fine!))

"Mm...suit yourself..." Shadow had a knack for turning peoples' opinions about him upside-down. His looks had something to do with it, yes. But he also knew how to charm like a professional--well, technically, he was a professional charmer. Wherever he went he flirted. If he was flirting with women, laying on the charm was especially important. Men tended to be much easier to charm depending on their personalities. For good reason, Shadow preferred men...

"...I doubt I'll remember all of that," he confessed honestly, a grin making its way across his face. "Write it down once we get back to my home. Whenever you need to leave for school, just fetch me and I can take you there. Time operates the same in both of our worlds. I'll just need to glance at your written schedule to know when to come and get you."

Shadow yawned softly and then slowly stood up, making sure not to lose his balance and fall off of the building. "I'll give you one of the many free guest rooms and a good amount of money to decorate and furnish it with. I have a lot of money, you see..."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-26-2011, 08:54 AM

Aaron glanced up at Shadow from his sitting position and resisted the urge to immediately jump to his feet. Instead e inched carefully back from the edge adn stood up. For some reason he didnt like it when Shadow was standing over him like that. "Okay," he said and winced at his Oh-so-articulate response. Heh went over Shadow's words in his mind and he raised an eyebrow as the demon mentioned having plenty of money. That was a pleasant surprise.

"So," he said, glancing around them again. "When do we leave?" Did he sound too eager to leave? He was unsure but it really didn't matter. There were no ties holding him to this place and if Shadow was willing to take him to attend his classes then he could go anywhere. And, come to think of it, if he was with Shadow then that put even more distance between him and his so-called family. The situation suddenly didn't seem all that unpleasant to Aaron at that thought.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 AM

"We can leave now, if that's what you wish." Shadow noticed that Aaron didn't appear to like when he was above him so much. He made a note to change that. He was not unkind to his servants when he had them--his most recent one had died just a few months ago of terminal cancer, and he had only been sixteen--but he made sure to assert some kind of authority over them. He was not one to take disrespect unless it was in the bedroom...

He was a bit of a masochist.

Shadow ran a hand through his own hair, making a mental note to take a nice long shower in the morning. "I will get you a room once we get back there. Preferably one close to mine, so in the case that you don't know where you're going I'm right there to assist you..."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 AM

Aaron nodded at Shadow's words and mentally narrowing his eyes. He wasn't sure but there may be another motive for the placement of his room. As Shadow had put it earlier, in case he changed his mind. Aaron was determined not to allow that to happen.

"I would like to leave now," he said, his voice coming out clearer than it had before now that he felt the smoke was finally clensed (for the most part) from his lungs. "There isn't anything else here for me and right now just watching the fire burn is a little..depressing." He idly wondered whether he should send some kind of note to his family to tell them that he was actually alive and not burried under the remains of a burning building. He decided not to. THey wouldn't care. Seeing Shadow run a hand through his hair Aaron reached up and touched his own scalp. His hand came away almost black and Aaron grimaced. He would definitely need to wash. He was covered in soot and smoke. He was dirtier then he had thought.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-26-2011, 09:12 AM

"Very well, then." Shadow wrapped a single arm tightly around Aaron's waist. This time, however, he did not spread his wings to fly. No...instead, an inky black darkness quickly engulfed them. This was followed by a very weightless, spinning feeling and pure darkness...

As quickly as it had started, it stopped. The two were now standing in what looked like an ornate, classically-decorated entrance hall. It was huge and had many doorways leading to different parts of the mansion. Shadow was probably the only one who fully knew his way around...to others, it was sort of like a very twisted maze. His mansion seemed like something out of old England...

Shadow stepped away from Aaron to allow him to regain his bearings. He knew the sight of his mansion had at first frightened his recently-lost servant...

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 AM

As an arm wrapped around his waist Aaron tried to relax, not to panic, and waited for the feeling of being lifted. Instead what he got was the feeling of weightlessness and darkness and spinning. There was too much spinning. He felt his insides twist and protest at the strange feeling and he squeezed his eyes shut.

As the feeling ended he took in a great lungful of air as Shadow released him. He panted for a moment, bending over and taking in as much air as he could before finally straightening and opening his eyes to look around. THe sight that greeted him was like something out of a medieval english fairytale. They ap;peared to be in some kind of entrance hall, at least htat was what he guessed the room was judging by the number of doors, and everything was so ornate and expertly made. His eyes jumped from one thing to the other before finally settling on Shadow again. He knew he must look like a gaping fish out of water at the moment. This was Shadow's home? If the entrance hall was anything to go by then this place had to absolutely massive!

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM

Shadow watched the many shifts in Aaron's expression and chuckled. He found the 'gaping fish' look to be rather endearing, actually. He liked being a step ahead of people.

"I told you I had plenty of money..." As Shadow spoke, those wings of his sparkled with a murky kind of light and then vanished into thin air. This was what he called 'putting away' wings...he didn't have to have them out all the time. "Well...welcome to my humble home. I've worked hard to attain a place of residence such as this--I hope you don't damage anything..." ...not that the guests that attended the many parties he threw didn't do so anyway. It was easy to replace most things and what wasn't easy to replace, well...he tried to keep those things away from demons' careless paws.

The man offered his hand to Aaron as he started walking--he was heading for one of the doorways. "I'll take you to a guest room. There are several near mine--you may pick which one suits you best."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Aaron stared curiously as Shadow's wings seemed to ebaporate into thin air. He had quickly closed his mouth when he'd leard the demon chuckling and had resisted the urge to childishly stick out his tongue like some five year old.

"That's an understatement," Aaron muttered under his breath as he stared around the hall. Everything was, or at least appeared to be, quite expensive to his untrained eye and he had no intention of breaking anything. He wouldn't do anything to push Shadow right now. He would wait and see, watch and learn. He would see what he could get away with and what behaviour was not allowed. If he could figure that out then that would make things a lot easier. RIght now he felt a little like he was walking on eggshells. He didn't know which way to go and if he made one wrong move then the whole thing could crack.

He took Shadow's outstretched hand in his own smaller, soot covered hand. "Lead the way," Aaron replied, looking ahead towards the doorway they were approaching.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 AM

"Gladly..." Though the hallways in Shadow's mansion were all shaped the same, each was styled in a different manner and in different colors. This was so he knew, and he hoped others would come to know, which hallway was which and what was in each hallway. Right now they were traveling down what Shadow referred to as the Blue Hallway. This particular hallway's main color, of course, was blue. It was littered with all kinds of art--everything from paintings to sculptures, and beyond.

At the end of the hallway, as they approached it, was a door much larger than the others and another hallway leading to the right. That hallway lead to the grand ballroom, where Shadow held most of his parties. He stopped at the end of the hallway, releasing Aaron's hand. "Please choose one within three rooms of my bedroom, on either side...other than that, I will not influence your decision."

He stood by that large door--that was his bedroom.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Aaron glanced around the hallway as they walked, taking note of the differnet artworks but not really seeing them. He glanced at Shadow as his hand was released and then looked at the selection of doors that he had to choose from. Each door appeared more of less the same and it was impossible to tell what the rooms looked like from the outside. If he remembered right Shadow had referred to these as guest bedrooms earlier so he suposed that there probably wasn't much difference between them. He looked at the doors before chosing the second furthest from Shadow's own room on the left hand side. Or at least he guessed that the larger door led to Shadow's room. It would explain why the demon was standing beside it after all.

"This one," he said as he walked over to the door and tapped it. He turned his head and glanced at Shadow. He looked from the demon to the other corridor but he couldn't tell what was at the end. He made a note to ask the Incubus later. "Is it alright if I put my things inside now?" he asked.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 09:48 AM

"Go ahead. There is a key on the top of the door frame--it is yours to keep..." Shadow stretched his arms out, yawning. "...I'm assuming you're tired. You're probably hungry, as well...but a good shower and some rest are probably higher on your list of important things at the moment. Go ahead and rest, and bathe. I'm probably going to take a nap...I attended a rather wild party a few hours before rescuing you..."

Shadow didn't head into his room just yet. He didn't want Aaron deciding to wander around the house and getting lost...he would wait for him to head into his room. Cooking was a hobby of Shadow's--he would gladly make breakfast for Aaron when he woke up in the morning...or lunch for him if he woke up in the afternoon...whatever he wanted.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 11:47 AM

Aaron nodded his head to Shadow. "Thank you," he said before reaching up to grab the key. He couldn't quite reach and jumped slightly, sighing iwth relief as his fingers closed around the small object. He thanked Shadow one more time before unlocking the door and stepping inside. The room was decorated nicely in soft blues and greens with contrasting dark wood furnature and a large bed set against the back wall in the middle. Another door was on the left hand side of the room and Aaron asumed that it led to some kind of bathroom judging by the tiled wall he could just see through the crack of the not quite closed door.

Just before closing the door behind himself Aaron turned to Shadow and mouthed "goodnight," before carefully shutting the door and making his way towards the bathroom. Everything was either white or silver with some black edgings for detail. The bath seemed very large, larger than was necessary, and there was also a shower in the corner. He looked at the bath before deciding to just take a shower instead. He wanted the dirt and soot off of his body as soon as possible.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM

"Goodnight..."

Shadow disappeared promptly inside of his room when Aaron finally closed the door behind him. Shadow's room was understandably larger and very different from all of the guest rooms. The rooms closest to his room were the most decorative and fancy, seeing as they were usually where guests of his spent the night when they were too intoxicated or high to get home safely by themselves...or if they just wanted to stay over for his company.

He decided he would take a nice long bath in the morning. For now, he just stripped out of his clothing and curled up in bed. Sometimes he would want to wear pajamas, but sometimes he would just sleep in the nude. It depended on how he was feeling and how cool or hot the temperature of his room was.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 12:00 PM

After spending a little too long in the shower scrubbing and cleaning and getting all the crime off of himself Aaron was back in his room. He decided to explore the room properly the next morning. For now all he wanted was to sleep. He reached into his bag where he'd packed some clothes and pulled out a T-shirt and a pair of shorts and pulled them on before clipping under the covers. The bed was unbelievably warm and soft and Aaron could feel himself relax almost instantly. His mind drifted and he wondered idly what tomorrow would be like.

In so little time his whole life had changed and he didn't know if it was for better of worse yet. It would all depend. It couldn't be much worse than before so he clung to that little shred of hope before closing his eyes and drifting into a dreamless sleep, one of the few times in his lift where he received a full night's rest without any nightmares or disturbing dreams.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 12:07 PM

Shadow was awake about an hour before Aaron was. He spent quite a lot of time getting dressed for the day. If there was one thing Shadow cared about more than getting his near-daily dose of sex, it was his own appearance. He could pull off a good look without much of an effort, but he was picky about what he used as a full outfit. He finally settled on a plain, open-chested black dress shirt and some crisp black dress jeans. He didn't bother wearing any shoes, and he didn't put one of his masks on, either. He wore elaborate masks sometimes, but when he didn't wear them...the reason for his wearing them became somewhat obvious.

Incubi, quite a bit more than Succubi, had a hypnotic effect on people who looked at them. They were closely related to sirens, or merpeople. Shadow knew a few merpeople--most of them had foul attitudes and didn't trust people, regardless of what human legends spoke of them.

He wasn't planning on leaving his room until he heard Aaron waking up. He would fetch him something to eat.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 12:19 PM

As he sleepily blinked open his eyes tne hext morning Aaron yawned and stretched, arching his back off the bed. He heard a few pops and winced slightly. It took him a moment to remember where he was and when he did the memories of the night before came flooding back into his mind. He sat bolt upright in bed and looked around at his bedroom, the bedroom that was at least twise the size of the one that he had spent most of his childhood in. He yawned again before carefully pushing the covers out of the way and setting his feet on the dark greep carpeted floor.

He glanced around the room again, a thing that he seemed to be doing a lot of lately, before bending down and grabbing his bag. He looked through the few sets of clothes that he'd brought with him and picked out a pair of faded, clearly well worn blue jeans and a plain short sleeved green shirt. He glanced at the door and debated whether he should step outside it or not. He didn't know his way around and, if Shadow was to be believed, then there was a lot of things that he probably didn't want to run into wandering around.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 12:26 PM

When Shadow heard Aaron stirring, he finally willed himself away from the bathroom--he'd been obsessively brushing through his just-washed hair. He padded his way across the dark navy carpeting in his room and opened the door. It was old and usually opened with a loud creak, so Aaron would probably hear him approaching.

He walked through the hallway, rubbing at his eyes absently, and knocked on the human's door. "Are you ready to get up, yet?" he called, curiously. "Come on if you are. Do you want anything to eat for breakfast?"

He was a real decent cook. If he wanted to, he could probably run his own restaurant...but money did not concern him, seeing as his superiors paid him handsomely already. Plus he was rather lazy and didn't want to go through the effort...it was a waste of money, in his mind.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM

Aaron jerked his head up as he heard the creaking sound and then the knock on his door followed by Shadow's voice. "I'll be out in a minute!" he called quickly. He pulled on a pair of socks and a spare pair of shoes he'd thrown into the bag before standing and walking over to the door. For some reason he felt nervous although he didn't know exactly why. Pushing the thought from his mind as he reached the door he reached up and pulled it open.

Shadow was on the other side of the door and, as Aaron stared into the unmasked face, he could feel his eyes widen and his pulse quicken. He was transfixed by Shadow's unmasked face. He was unsure how or why but all he knew was that he couldn't tear his eyes away. What was happening to him? He swollowed hard before finally manging to say. "Good morning," in as calm a voice as possible.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 12:39 PM

Shadow waited patiently for Aaron to finish getting ready--he heard him shifting around in there, probably slipping clothing on or brushing through his hair. When the human finally opened the door, the Incubus recognized that mystified, fascinated look on his face. He idly remembered that Aaron had not seen him without a mask on, yet...and he knew what his looks did to humans.

"Good morning," he greeted, his voice a low and pleasant purr. "Are you hungry?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 PM

Shadow's voice reached his hears, barely, and Aaron forced himself to look away. He looked to teh side, upwards, downwards, anything to avoid looking at Shadow's face again. "Yes," he replied. He coughed and tried again, atempting not to sound like such an idiot. "Yes I would like something to eat, thank you."

Try as he might he could not keep his eyes away from Shadow's face for long and as his eyes returned to the unmasked features he could feel the heat rise in his cheeks. What was he? Some blushing school girl? This was ridiculous.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 12:59 PM

"What would like you to eat, precisely?"

Shadow offered his hand to Aaron, politely, and then began to lead him through the hallway. He made a turn halfway down the Blue Hallway and into a smaller hallway that would lead them to the hallway he had dubbed the Orchid Corridor. This was where his personal dining room and kitchen were. This hallway was more focused on Victorian decorations and fashion, it seemed...its main colors were many different shades of purple, black, and silver.

A few more feet down this hallway and he stopped at another large door. The main rooms of the house always had larger doors than the other rooms--these were the rooms that he personally used...

He opened the door to the dining room. The kitchen was connected to it, joined in the back via a smaller doorway. The dining room itself was large. It could seat at least twenty people, plus more if more chairs were brought in. The kitchen in the back was just barely visible, but it had dark-tiled walls.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 01:06 PM

Aaron took Shadow's hand and was thankful when they started moving. As they moved to a different corridor he noticed the change in decoration and colour scheme. He glanced around at all the different decorations and idly wondered if all the hallways in this place were as elaborate as what he'd alreayd seen.

They entered the dining room and Aaron released his hand from Shadow's own and turned to take it all in before returning his focus to the inclbi. "I'm not that fussy," he answered. When he was younger he probably wouldn't have gotten any food if he'd been overly fussy. "So anything you make will be fine." It was only now that he realised just how hungry he was. He hadn't eaten much the day before. He'd been too busy studying and getting some overdue chores done and now he wished that he'd eaten a bit more. His stomach chose that moment to gie a particularly loud growl and Aaron felt the blood rush to his cheeks with embarrassment.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Shadow had a thing for seeing people blush. Naturally, he cracked a smile when he noticed Aaron getting so flustered over everything. He loved it when he could make others blush, especially without even trying. Being an Incubus, it gave him some kind of personal pleasure to see people reacting to him and what he did so powerfully...

"How does a big plate of eggs, french toast, and sausage sound?" He began to make his way over towards the kitchen. It wasn't clear whether or not this was intentional, but his hips swayed ever so slightly as he walked. With the way he looked, it certainly worked. He was a mix of male and female features--of course being what he was, he could change his gender with enough stimulation. It took a lot out of him though so he would often remain the gender he chose to change into for a few days before he could change again.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 PM

At the mention of the food Aaron's mouth began to water of it's own accord and he nodded his head. Then, realising that Shadow couldn't see his nod with his back turned, he spoke aloud. "That sounds nice. Thank you." He followed Shadow towards the back of the dining room and his eyes moved of their own accord to the demon's slightly swaying hips. He had to be doing it on purpose.

He needed to distract himself so he asked a question. "How many people actually live here?" It was a fair enough question. And from what he'd seen this place was huge. If he had to guess, judging by the elaborate decoration and the scale on which everything appeared to be, then this place had to be bigger than his college campus. He wanted to know how many other people were around and, more importantly in his mind, how frequently he would run into other demons.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 PM

Shadow had immediately set to work on cooking. Aaron's meal was simple enough, but he would make something more elaborate for himself seeing as he knew exactly what he liked. He moved quickly, and in no time the smell of cooking food came wafting from the kitchen.

"I live here with one other demon. The rest come and go as they please...it is as if we are living separately. There are several demons I trust who have keys to my place and often come to stay here. The other demon that lives with me is an Imp. A word of warning beforehand...he likes to play pranks on people. So watch your back while I'm not around."