sakayora
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 PM

Here's a little something I've been writing. It's still incomplete though and I'll post new chapters as they are finished!

~*~

It must have been my older brother. No. It was my older brother. It's because of him that I'm damaged like this. It's because of him that I'm the way I am now. The torture he put me through is what made me snap. It's all his fault that I can no longer feel pity! Pity for those I am assigned to kill... even if they're innocent or have families.

Even now, I am unfeeling as I stare down at the carcass before me. My dagger, still dripping with the fresh blood of my victim, is held loosely, even almost lazily one could say, in my hand.

I hear an abrupt scream pierce the air, and I can't help but smirk. Those maids are so prone to fear it's almost funny.

"Good for nothing." I find myself muttering quietly. After those few words, I promptly throw the dagger behind me carelessly. I'm rewarded with a short scream and the dull thud of a body hitting the floor. I suddenly growl in annoyance. Why did I kill her? That's just more work for me now to get rid of that body too!

I start to ponder on which method I should use to get rid of them... I know. A fire won't be too bad. Especially with the kind of fire that I use. I kneel down before my original target and place a slip of paper on his chest. "Incendium." I mutter and step back.

The whole body catches on fire at once and just as it seems as if the rest of the room would also catch on fire, it was extinguished and all that was left was a charred mark.

I smile grimly and turn to the other body. "Now it's your turn."

~*~

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-24-2007, 10:42 PM

^.^ Do post more. You left me hanging, and I don’t know where you’re going with this, but it is intriguing.

sakayora
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Hmmm.. Truth be told, I'm not quite sure either... ^^;

Wah.... I like Miss Furogane's murder piece so much better! -^^- I wish I could be as detailed as her!

~*~

I have to get away. Soon. No... Now! Damn it! I shouldn't have killed that stupid girl!

I guess you're probably thinking that I got caught and am now being chased... Well... you're partly right. I did get caught, but I'm not being chased. Not now anyways. Later.... I know they'll come after me. The organization and I have been a thorn in their side for long enough. I know that's what they're going to think. I used to be one of them after all...

Damn it! Me and my big mouth... I'll have to tell you who I'm talking about now won't I? Fine. But I swear... I'll slit your neck if you tell anyone about what I'm going to reveal to you now.

When I was younger and my parents were still alive, my brother had a club which he had named 'The Other Side.' Back then, the only ones who could join were other boys like him. Now considering the fact that my brother was extremely abnormal compared to boys his age, there weren't many others. He wouldn't allow girls to join either as he didn't think too highly of them just yet. I suppose he was normal that way, but he had made an exception for me. Why? I didn't know back then, nor did I care. I was just elated to be accepted by him, but oh... how I regret being there now.

When I said that my brother was abnormal, I didn't mean the way he looked. He was average looking: dark brown hair, light blue eyes, tan skin... I meant he was different by the way he thought. He had taken a liking to our father's friend, in which I cannot recall his name, who just happened to be a hired assassin. He taught my brother how to fight and defend himself from bullies, and somehow, my brother started to get the idea that he was destined to also become an assassin when he grew older.

When he told his desire of becoming such a thing to Father and Mother, they began to panic. Mother pleaded with him to not pursue such a career, while my Father thought that the only way to get rid of such thoughts was to get rid of the source of evil - namely his friend.

That's where everything went downhill for us.

~*~

sakayora
*^_^*

Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 AM

I haven't updated this in a little while have I? ^^; Sorry! Well, here is the next part. :3

~*~

The assassin soon found out that he was less than welcome at our home which made him grow angry. To him it was unjust that he was being blamed for my brother's choice of career.

It was midnight when he snuck quietly into our home. I was... shocked, to put it lightly. I was dreaming of wolves when I suddenly opened my groggy eyes to see him hovering over me with a dagger in his hands. I blinked at him, not fully understanding what was going on, and asked, "What're you doing?"

He just stared down at me and tears began to well up in his eyes. "I can't do this anymore. I'm tired and sick of this." He threw the dagger into the wall right next to my bedroom door. Unknowingly, he had woken up my brother who had been sleeping in his room down the hall.

I listened to him and began to actually pay attention to how he looked rather than listen to what he was saying. His talk was boring me after all, and I was still but a small child with an extremely short attention span. Plus, I never really took the time to get a good look at him.

He had a lean body that was covered in a very tight, form-fitting, and bluish-black stealth suit. His skin was sun-kissed from all the training he did by himself and when he was teaching my brother. His hair was long, jet black, and hung loosely around his shoulders. His hazel eyes were partly covered by his long bangs that made him look mysterious. His hands were covered by gloves then, but I had seen and even felt them before. The back of his hands were smooth, but his palm and fingers had calluses on them, for he sometimes worked without gloves.

"Are you even listening to me?" he asked with a small smile. I blinked and shook my head as I listened to him in rapt silence. He sighed and I felt a little guilty. "Well, there isn't much use of trying to repeat what I said to you..."

"I'm sorry." I whispered sadly. I stared down at the baby blue sheets that covered my body. I hadn't meant to be disrespectful to him.

I heard him shift a little as he crouched down and lifted my head up gently so that we were at eye level. I could feel my face heat up a bit.

"There's no need to apologize little one. I understand that it's hard for you to pay attention. After all, you're only six years old." He whispered this quietly in my ear, and I squirmed a bit. He pulled back and I rubbed my ear. "What's wrong?"

I smiled sheepishly as I replied, "It tickles when you do that."

He suddenly got a predatory look and smirked.

~*~

Well there you go! Critique please? :3

Furogane
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Furogane

Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 PM

Hehe you need to write more!

I love the tone used in this, how it even sounds like a girl inside my head, just the way it's written and the words used as she speaks gives it a voice.

sakayora
*^_^*

Old 06-03-2007, 11:17 PM

-^^- Uwah! Thank you Miss Furogane!

~*~

I grew scared. Why was he smirking?

"You know... I've always wanted children... Especially a daughter. Tell me Sora. Could you ever picture me as being your father?" He began to stroke my face.

My heart began to beat faster. "But what about Mommy and Daddy?"

He grinned and got up. "I'll be right back." He walked out of the door.

A few minutes passed and I grew sleepy again. I laid my head down again. My brother's voice woke me.

"Sora. Sora! Get up, Sora! Mom and Dad are dead!" He whispered frantically. He looked behind his shoulder to see the assassin. There were blood splatters on his face and clothes. My brother's eyes widened and he screamed in terror.

The assassin merely smiled. It wasn't a smile of evil, just a sad smile. He knelt down besides my brother who tried to back away. "Kain, you and Sora are my children now. Aren't you happy? Now we can train whenever you want to, and you can become whatever you want to be."

"You killed Mom and Dad!" Kain shouted. "How do you expect us to be happy?!"

The assassin turned to me. "Are you happy Sora?"

I blinked. "Mommy? Daddy? You killed them? But why?"

"Because I want you two. I'll take care good care of you. I promise."

"NO WAY!" Kain shouted. "You kill our parents and then expect us to come to you?!"

"Would you two rather be sent to an orphanage and separated from each other?!" The older man snapped back.

I started to cry. "I don't want big brother to go away too!"

Kain saw me and sighed in defeat. "Fine." He wiped my tears away. "Don't cry Sora." He turned to the assassin. "I'll kill you someday. Just you wait and see!"

He smirked in reply and ruffled my big brother's hair. 'We'll see about that. You've still got a lot to learn before you're ready to kill anyone.'

My brother just glared at him with intense hatred.

~*~

I want to give the assassin a name so badly! XD I don't know what name to give him though. >3>

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 AM

Part 2: Change:
. He wouldn't allow girls to join either, as he didn't think too highly of them just yet, for he was normal in that way, but he made an exception for me.
It’s a little flat. I’m not getting sucked in like I should be. Try developing a little bit. I think you understand your character, and I like how you have it as a first person, but she isn’t being portrayed as strongly as she could be.
Part 3: I like the development better ^.^
Part 4: change: I laid my head down again.
o.O He seems unstable. I like how well your developing it now!

sakayora
*^_^*

Old 06-13-2007, 03:55 AM

-^^- Thank you so much! I'll get to work on the things you mentioned right away!