HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Abridged Series are popping up all over the place now. You take an anime and put your own script to it. A few examples of these are Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Sharman King and there are many more sprining up all over the place.

So seen any?

Like the sound of them if you haven't?

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-19-2008, 01:34 AM

I used to watch Yugioh the Abridged series by Little Kuriboh religiously because it was SO funny and true! He somehow kept to the plot while making fun of it at the same time. I loved it when he made fun of the company 4kids for screwing around with potentially good anime that was never meant for mass market kiddy fandom. *I was really upset that the first season never made it over to America* I don't think he does the episodes anymore and Youtube was always banning his videos for gay reasons so he moved over to dailymotion. I'll have to check back and see if he's done anymore but I doubt it since last I heard he proposed to his girl friend...I wanna know what she said!!!!!!

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 AM

LK still does his videos he's still going with the series and he's done some bonus videos.

butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 04:45 PM

YuGiOh Abridged is pretty cute although I haven't watched it lately.

The rest though... no. I'm not sure why the Naruto one is so popular because it isn't even remotely funny - mostly because they TRY too hard to be funny. The same stupid jokes are used over and over and the voiceover is terrible and not in a good way either. I've poked around at some of the other Abridged series' too and they don't seem to be any better. :<

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 PM

Naruto abridged steals jokes from Yu-gi-oh abridged, I've seen Naruto abridged and I don't understand what all the hype about it is.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 PM

I love the abridged series!
However, it gets boring after a while.
*I'm not a huge fan of those new Naruto ones though. haha.*

DeviChiyoko
*^_^*

Old 01-20-2008, 07:04 AM

The abridged series is awesome!
I specially like the yugioh series, it's so funny xD

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to dianakitsune

Old 01-25-2008, 01:58 AM

Yu-Gi-Oh is the only abridged series that I love and like so far. Naruto is ok, but not as good and some are just plain retarded. But I love the Yu-Gi-Oh ones :D

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 AM

I LOVE the Abridged series, though I haven't watched the latest "Polkamons" or the Yu-Gi-Oh...or the Naruto...;-; So much to catch up on.

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 01-25-2008, 03:41 PM

To me, the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged will be the one and only. (But then I never did buy into the whole Naurto thing anyway).

I just love the voice work and LK has a good sense of what jokes work in the context of the show and the characters.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 PM

Since LK's abridged series became popular everyone is making an abridged series out of animes. Abridged series are springing up everywhere now and some of them are stealing jokes from more popular ones.

LK's done a few more spin off videos about youtube as well.

Uzura
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM

I love the abridged series of YuGiOh and Yu Yu Hakusho. I even had one of my comments answered in one of the YuGiOh shows! I was so excited that I couldn't stop giggling xD

k i t s u n e
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-25-2008, 11:13 PM

I love Naruto Abridged, it's hilarious. xD
Though the constant Sakura & Sasuke bashing tends to get old fast...

And Saiyuki Abridged too. <3

I need to catch up on them...

Yu-Gi-Oh may be the original abridged series or whatever, but I'm not going to bother wasting my time watching it, because I don't even like the series in the first place... >___>;; I feel like the odd one out here..

CupCake Fairy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to CupCake Fairy

Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 AM

The Best thing ive seen on You tube besides the Elfen Lied AMV.

Its really funny but I only watch the Naruto Abridged.
There are also alot of other runny ones. BeeSnipes "Plot less series" Is also realy funny. and theres also "What you dident Hear"
Abridges is a good one they have alot more episodes

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 AM

I've found some more abridged series I found a Full Metal Alchemist, Avatar and a Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura abridged series these are ones that I shall have a look at. Abridged series are funny even if you haven't seen the anime that it's taking off.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-26-2008, 03:02 PM

I <3 Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. It's just so amusing and so true xD I've showed it to all of my friends who have seen an episode or two of the show (I'm one the few who has actually seen most of the episodes).

I've been meaning to look into some of the other abridged ones...

nemesiss
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 AM

the berserk abridged serie was quite funny, quite some good puns, which fit perfectly with the story.
too bad the guy finished the serie.

naruto abridged gotten better over time, some jokes needed some time to be funny, like clucky.

yu yu hakusho abridged is ok.
could use more jokes, but they are pretty sutile.

deathnote abridged...
the one being done by team dattebayo is the best.
has some very good jokes..interesting story twist.

yugioh abridged isnt dead, little koriboh just took his time. his serie is legendary.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 PM

LK takes about a month doing them but it depends on what's going on in his life as to how long it takes him. Some of the LK copiers are funny when they admit that they've copied him and have taken on GX to try and copy him.

Naruto abridged stealing jokes from YGO abridged does get old quickly. I shall have to take a look at the abridged series you've said Nemesiss.

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 03-24-2008, 02:49 PM

I love abridged series! I actually like the Naruto Abridged Series a lot x). I've tried to find the YGO Abridged Series, but I've had no time to watch it ):. I really like the Death Note Abridged Series right now, the special effects are very well done and the jokes are funny xD.

dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM

The Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged series is my favourite, it really rocks my socks

EvelynWn
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup!!!!! !!!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:39 AM

I watch the yugioh. It is soooo funny.

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 10-08-2009, 07:38 PM

I have seen these. I don't know if I like them that much though. Some of them are pretty....well some of them aren't that good.

Darkestofsouls
El Sleezo's Discount Constructio...
Send a message via MSN to Darkestofsouls

Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Dragon Ball Z abridged FTW! Also, Yu-Gi-Oh abridged rocks.

There's just something about reliving a series you watched years ago in a shortened version with all it's faults hilariously pointed out that makes you want to point and laugh.

BrimStoneFang
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-11-2009, 04:17 AM

Yugioh abridged, DBZ Abridged, Yu Yu Hakusho abridge and Naruto Abridged.

And I can't wait for the con near me, the actual people who does all of those abridged I just mention are going to be at the con, I'm going to get there autographs! =D

YamiSora
~

Old 10-11-2009, 07:49 PM

HA HA! I have YGO:AS on my Ipod touch I watch it so much and everytime i go to my anime meetups, I bring that and my Hello Kitty Speakers and we watch the newest episode......

heck! even on the episode with the drinking game for everytime someone says friendship,you have to take a drink, WE DID THAT! XDD (with orange soda...........gets you more hyper and more of us were underage LMAO)

we just love it so much! but we dont like the other abridges ones.....we prefer originals XP