Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 AM

((This is a continuation of our Role-play from elsewhere. It's based in the Marvel universe, focused mostly on the X-men. But of course, the joy of fandom means we get to splurge with DC to :P

Lurkers: Not suggested you read this. It'll be very confusing since we're bringing it here after a lot has already happened.

RP a la Artifex and Ginkadia))

Quote:
Ciara spent the next day and a half searching for riddler trophys. So far she'd found 6 chocolate bars, 1 box of nicaten patches, 2 boxes of cigarettes, a bag of gummy bears, swedish berries, soap and two cinnomon rolls.

It was getting late but Ciara had to get this last one for the day. She'd found it in what looked like an Ice-cream factory. There was a large crater from the earthquake in the middle of the factory floor and there in the middle was a rather large trohpy. It was like a bottomless pit, she couldn't see the ground... Ciara was part way across the makeshift piece of lumber bridge on her hands and knees. "...Just a little bit further.." She took a deep breath, her heart already racing.
"Well well well" A lanky man in a green suit that was covered in black question marks, leaned forward on his cane from the far side of the pit as he peered down at her, "You have been busy."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 AM

The voice startled her, and instead of advancing another inch she hugged the board. She looked up slowly, "Busy indeed, but you also seem to have been busy... How on earth did you make all these?" She asked. She was also impressed by the fact he had gotten the current large trophy in the middle of this gaping hole.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 AM

"Oh that's just another one of my little riddles" He grinned, "Congratulations by the way. You've uncovered nearly 8% of them and without cheating or dying. My my, aren't you a clever little minx?"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 AM

"Well, I did have a clever father." She stated, rather proudly, straddling the board to sit up. "Only 8%, my goodness you're been busy.... Why is this one bigger than the others?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 01:52 AM

"This one's your reward" Riddler replied, watching her curiously, "If you can solve it anyway."

Last edited by Artifex; 02-09-2012 at 02:05 AM..

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 02:00 AM

She raised an eyebrow and looked down at the board, "hmmm..." She thought for a moment before continuing along the bridge till she reached the middle. "this one's my reward..." She mumbled to herself.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 AM

"Careful, I'm not sure quite how delicate this one's been rigged" Riddler smirked, "I had to watch this one in person."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 02:10 AM

She eyed him and then the trophy and slowly and carefully leaned down. It was during this that she noticed out of the corner of her eye how dark it was outside the windows. "..." She paused and starred, "Must be cloudy..." She mumbled before another hesitant reach for the price before taking a deep breath and just going for it.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 AM

She managed to grab the trophy, it had a surprising weight to it. The Riddler just grinned and continued to watch her, "You seem a little nervous out there. Not a fan of heights are you? I suppose it is a rather long way down to the depths of, well, who knows?" he looked over the edge of the pit and kicked a stone down, "down, down, down it goes, into the endless abyss."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 AM

Ciara refused to follow his gaze, "I think anyone faced with what seems like a bottomless pit would be a bit nervous." She commented looking around, expecting something to hit her in the side of the head, "... Huh. No catapults this time?"

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 PM

"Nope, just me." The riddler replied, "And these." his foot reached behind him and nudged a large box of tampons into view, "And all you have to do, is come collect your prize. The riddle is this: How does one escape a bottomless pit?" he stood upright, suddenly swinging his cane sharply to knock the plank of wood off the edge.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM

She raised her brow at the box, " why would I-" and then it hit her, a wave of pain amd nasesa washifang over her. "Not. Now." She moaned, falling to one knee. She had forgetten how much they hurt, usually she had her suit on which dealt her cramps for her. She fell onto all fours, her breathing picking up.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 PM

"Impeccable timing" Riddler raised a brow, "Ah well. Women are just another riddle aren't they? And I've solved you. How boring. I had hoped that with the combination of your parents, along with your mutation, it would prove more interesting. Apparently my hopes were raised for naught."

He turned away, swinging his cane leisurely, "I heard a bird of another feather is back in town. Maybe we'll see if he's up to my challenges."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM

She grit her teeth. Solved her? All he had figured out was that her period was linked up with the phases of te moon, much like the tide. Slowly she got up, the pain nearly unbearable. She reached toward him, a rope of water wrapping around his legs, " Riddle. Me.this. How many mood swinging water mutants does it take to throw you out a FUCKING WINDOW?!" She boomed,doing just that before falling back to her knees.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM

"Wha?-AAAHHHH" Riddler yelled as he suddenly hurled away and disappeared from sight.

Which left Ciara alone, in the center of a deep, dark pit and now way out.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-10-2012, 05:20 PM

It took her a couple of mins to get back to her feet. She huffed and puffed as she judged the gap, maybe if she- another wave hit her and she stumbled sideways off the pillar. Quickly she reached,manging to grab a hold with one hand... She didnt have the strenght to pull herself back up or hold on. So, she fell down down the pit she went.
When she hit the ground,she felt something twist,most likely her arm... "Big Blue... Help." Her vision was blurring, she was scared.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 PM

After awhile someone approached but Ciara's vision was too blurry to make out the features. His steps sounded mechanical and he stooped to pick her up as she blacked out.

By the time Ciara came to she was strapped down on a fairly comfortable gurney. Her injured arm was bandaged with a splint and her other arm had a medical drip attached to it.

The room was quite cold, though a blanket had been draped over her at least. It looked like a lab with a light mist across the floor. Sitting at one of the tables was a man in a rather elaborate armored suit. His skin was a shade of blue and he seemed to be examining something under a microscope.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-10-2012, 11:09 PM

"Big blue...?" She mummbled softly before passing out.

She moaned, and tried to turned onto her side which proved difficult with straps and a injured arm. A shot of pain shot through her, causing her to fully awake. She looked around, until her eyes spotted the man in the suit. "H-Hello?" She called out uncertain if it was really a wise idea to let her captive know she was awake.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 PM

He continued to look through the microscope for a few more minutes before walking over to a white board and erasing several things, fixing the formula.
"Greetings Ms. McCoy" he then nodded to her, "You have nothing to fear from that" he gestured to the medical drip, "you were low on iron."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 AM

Ciara watched him, uncertain and yet a tiny bit curious. She pressed against the gurney as he approached but seemed to relax as he spoke. She followed his gaze toward the drip and then back at him, "Oh... If I have nothing to fear why am I strapped down?"

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 AM

"I would recognize this anywhere" he replied, tapping the bat on her belt, "Your technology as well, is clearly that of Batman's. He's not much of a friend." he took a moment to check her injured arm, "I am Victor Freeze and you took a nasty spill into the outer tunnels of my little sanctuary."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-11-2012, 01:10 AM

Ciara looked down at her belt buckle as he pushed it which would probably activate it. Batman seemed to have as many friends as he did enemies it seemed... She flinched, wincing a bit. "He kinda let me borrow it." She paused and stared as he introduced himself and after a moment she smiled, "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Freeze. Thank you for coming to my aid. Riddler tricked me into a trap and I fell down the crack in the earth... I'd introduce myself but you seem to already know who I am."

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM

"I may live in a hole, but I do occasionally watch the news" Freeze replied, turning back to his work, "You've been all over it. Except of course this past while. I don't seem to have reception anymore."

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 AM

Ciara blinked, "...You know there was an earthquake which totally wreak Gotham, caused US to not care and strand all the crazies and non-official Americans here right?"

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 AM

Freeze stopped and looked back at her with very much a 'WTF' expression. "Excuse me?"