rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 AM

Solaria: Aww... how many cats are you sitting for?

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Hello everyone. Is it night around where everyone is?

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to solaria92

Old 07-11-2013, 12:49 AM

I'm sitting two cats, both males, both fixed. They're litter-brothers. :) The dark grey tiger (with white spots and toes) is named Grimalkin, though everyone calls him Grim.

And the grey one's name is Ghost.

My best friend named Grimalkin, her ex-fiance named the other Ghost after Game of Thrones. Then he dumped her and left her with the cats. Then where she lived said she couldn't have the cats so now I have them until she can find a place where she can keep them.

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 AM

awwww, babies *wants to hug the kitties*

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 AM

amaitae: Hi! Yeah its' just after 8pm here. :)

Solaria: Grim and Ghost? Awwwww! They're so cute! Love the chair pose. XD

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 AM

solaria92- That's nice of you to watch after the pair of feline friends and keep them off the street/out of the shelter/etc. It makes me quite sad when perfectly normal, loving, and well-adjusted cats have to be displaced.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 AM

I hope they don't have to be split up and someone is willing to take them together.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 AM

amaitae: You can come up and hug 'em whenever you want, they're so loving and adorable. Haha. Very good boys.

rampartte: My goodness, they're hilarious. I have videos and pictures of them doing the stupidest things. I made a tumblr dedicated to writing about what they do for my friend who actually owns them, so she can get updates on their antics. Haha. She stops down every once in a while to check on them.

---------- Post added 07-10-2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
solaria92- That's nice of you to watch after the pair of feline friends and keep them off the street/out of the shelter/etc. It makes me quite sad when perfectly normal, loving, and well-adjusted cats have to be displaced.
Exactly. If I can, I'll take in animals for a while and try to replace them in good homes. I also rehabilitate small wildlife from time to time, but only the ones I know a lot about. We've taken care of baby squirrels until they were old enough to leave, eastern cotton tail bunnies until we could place them somewhere away from where they were in danger, and hurt turtles we've kept until they healed up and were good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartte View Post
I hope they don't have to be split up and someone is willing to take them together.
No, if it ends up being she absolutely cannot find a place where she can have pets, I'm going to be keeping them for good. I wouldn't split them up, they've been together since they were born.

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 AM

since i'm assuming it's night for everyone:
*brings a bag packed full of candles and begins to light them all. then pulls out a bottle of champage, a bottle of sparkling white grape juice, and some wine glasses*
THERE we go... this is how you relax after a long day!

*starts boiling a bucket of water*

how was everyone's day?

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 AM

Solaria: They sounds super sweet. At least it sounds like they are very happy living with you. :) You're a good faux cat mommy. :)

--

Amaitae: It was a good and normal work day! Got a lot of little things off my desk which always feels nice.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-11-2013, 01:09 AM

grim and ghost look identicle...

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 AM

Shadami: No no, one is sideways on a chair going O^O and the other is sitting on a bed going ->-

. . . why was I just told there is a movie on SyFy tomorrow called Sharknado... is this a real made for TV movie?!?!

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

*soaks towels in hot water. wrings them out and drapes one over her shoulders. passes out the rest to everyone. pours herself a glass of champagne and wades into the cool pool*

i had a long day at work... it's so lonely there now since most of the office is out at a conference all week. *big relaxing sigh*

Last edited by Amaitae; 07-11-2013 at 01:20 AM..

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Yeah, and they look exactly like their father, too. :P But Grim is a dark grey tiger, and Ghost is a light grey tiger. You'll see when they get to your house. <3

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:23 AM

Amaitae: *takes the towel* o___o *drapes it all the way over my head* Ahhhhhhh! Oh, you work at a place that does a big conference? I do too, but ours is held after Thanksgiving some time so it's always cold out. Quiet days at work can be nice though, no one to bother or interrupt you.

Solaria: Is it a permanent house they are going to?

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 AM

rampartte: Well, for now, they're staying with me, so whatever house I'm in is going to be their house. I'm moving in with Shadami soon, so they'll be coming with me and staying in her house, but not too soon after that, we might all be moving to a new house somewhere else, and they'll still come with me. The only way they're going to NOT be with me is if my friend that I'm petsitting for can take them back.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartte View Post
Shadami: No no, one is sideways on a chair going O^O and the other is sitting on a bed going ->-

. . . why was I just told there is a movie on SyFy tomorrow called Sharknado... is this a real made for TV movie?!?!
i ... wow okay . Dinner time!

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

rampartte: we're a tiny company, but we go to about 3(?) conferences a year. our software developers and marketing peeps go, and its usually far away.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

@solaria92- Hot damn, sounds like you practically have a wildlife sanctuary of sorts on your hands! That is a little slice of awesome.

I don't know if it's just me, but you can generally tell if someone is nice or mean depending on if they will open up to animals or not. Now I realise that some people are 'cat people', while others are 'dog people', and some are neither... but just about everybody has some type of animal that they will 'open up' to. Those that don't... who are very mean and spiteful to all animals... tend to be rather nasty people as individuals, in terms of general temprament.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 AM

Solaria: Wow you guys are going to be doing a lot of moving in a short time span! Good luck with that and I hope you have a lot of strong armed friends who are willing to help out! And I'm sure Grim and Ghost are very happy to have someone like you taking after them.

Shadami: LOL. Enjoy dinner.

Amaitae: I would love to travel for work. I keep pestering my bosses to let me go places *crosses fingers* maybe this upcoming fiscal year!

Crow: How could anybody hate cats. I cannot comprehend this idea! =^._.^= They're so cute and sweet and loveable.

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:31 AM

i also find a good benchmark of someone's personality is how their pet behaves. you can tell a lot from that. shows you what people are like when no one else is watching and how they treat their "lessers." (i don't like that word, but couldn't think of something else)

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 AM

Amaitae: .... I wonder what that says about me. -__-; My cat will wander up to strangers despite me continuing to tell her not to do that when I'm not around.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
@solaria92- Hot damn, sounds like you practically have a wildlife sanctuary of sorts on your hands! That is a little slice of awesome.

I don't know if it's just me, but you can generally tell if someone is nice or mean depending on if they will open up to animals or not. Now I realise that some people are 'cat people', while others are 'dog people', and some are neither... but just about everybody has some type of animal that they will 'open up' to. Those that don't... who are very mean and spiteful to all animals... tend to be rather nasty people as individuals, in terms of general temprament.
I love all animals, and I never blame an entire species for the actions of one (this philosophy applies to humans, as well). For instance I have been bitten by dogs plenty of times, but it doesn't stop me from liking dogs. We have two dogs. A rottweiler/bull mastiff mix, Jorja, who weighs 140lbs/63kgs, and my pit bull mix, Sylar, who weighs 120lbs/54kgs. Then I have a cat, Gabriel.

We currently do not have any undomesticated animals in our care (we released the baby squirrels two weeks ago). But it's not rare for us to pick some up around this time. My mom's been dying to get her hands on a fox kit, although it's not like we're going to go and steal one. Animal controls calls us sometimes to see if we can take an animal.

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 AM

i mean more of if they're fearful, or destructive, or well-behaved. obviously a very fearful pet probably has an abusive owner (or had some other trauma, such as a rescued animal), a destructive one has an owner whose too lenient or doesn't know how to train them, etc.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 AM

Oh yes, I have plenty of strong armed friends. :D It'll be a piece of cake.