morrissey
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via ICQ to morrissey Send a message via AIM to morrissey Send a message via MSN to morrissey Send a message via Yahoo to morrissey

Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy Addiction
My favorite books are as follooows. . .

As I Lay Dying by Faulkner, A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens, The Chosen by Potok, Dante's Inferno by Dante, Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, Ironside by Holly Black, Lolita by Nabokov, and Tithe and Valiant -- also by Holly Black.

If no one's read them and wishes to but wants to know more about them, I'd love to inform you about them. They've all been great reads for me, and I'm sure anyone like myself would find total joy reading them as well. ;D

Aaahhh, Dante's Inferno!!! Nice choice.

shaggysmule
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to shaggysmule

Old 07-05-2007, 04:44 AM

my favorite is happy potter books I liek them al but the 4th one was my favorite one.. lol.. I have to read all the kings men right now.. but I hate it and dont under stand the book.

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM

I love the Inheritance Trilogy (so far) Eragon and Eldest. The next one wont be out for a while, but it will be awsome ^^

ronneh
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 PM

favorite book? damn. that's hard.

uhm. excavation was amazing. D: and creepy. the creatures in heaven and hell were terrifying to imagine. harry potter series was fantabulous. and still is. [though the last few books almost seemed.. forced. in my opinion.] i'm also in love with the confusing as hell house of leaves. the strange way of writing just blows my mind. :< iloveiiit. daylight & the watchers are the only dean koontz books that i can stand. [well i should say that i can love. D: ] and magic terror was EEEEE amazingly well writing. [the bunny is good bread story was SO FREAKING DISTURBING.] magic's pawn was my favorite book until about halfway through it. then i think i threw it across the room in anger. [TYLENDEEEEL. DDx]

and i think that's it for right now. D: uhm. manga included would only add x/1999 to the list. [because ohmigawd. ; o ; ]

..yep, yep.

EDIT:
OH. AND ANYTHING BY IRIS JOHANNSON. 'CAUSE SHE'S 'MAZING.

ronneh
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite
My current favourite book series is Redwall by Brian Jacques.
It has such a huge collection that I was busy for the past year reading up on them. Every book is filled with imagination and a dizzying array of brilliant characters. There's always a struggle of good and evil and good always shines through. It's so fantastic!
DD: what is that about?

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2007, 06:03 PM

I would have to say that my favorite books are either the Enchanted Forest Chronicles or the Chroniclaes of Narnia.

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles is a four book set. Dealing with Dragons, Calling on Dragons, Searching for Dragons, and Talking to Dragons. ( i may have the order wrong). it's a really awesome set of books. and each book has it's own storyline as opposed to most sets that have all the books connecting by one continuing storyline. The characters and the relationships they have with each other are really the only connection between the books.

I think just about everybody knows the Chronicles of Narnia.(that's what i thought til i found out that my best friend had never heard of them) The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe is a classic, but a favorite.(the movie was killer)

A final favorite of mine is a tie between Dragon's Treasure(forget the author) and Stargazer's Children(multiple authors). They aren't parts of any book sets. but they were still really good books.

Hoshi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hoshi

Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 AM

The Crow By James O'Barr.
Vampire Kisses-Ellen Schreiber
The Vampire Chronics-Ann Rice
Once Upon A Time-Different Author For Each book.
Anything Edger Allen Poe
The Zombie Survival Guide-Max Brooks.
About any book on Kurt Cobain I've read most of them.

I Read a lot and Forget the books Name.

Zillar

Old 07-09-2007, 02:34 AM

I have a ton of favorites! Just to name a few:

Basically anything by Stephen King. I loved the seven book Dark Tower sereis. You really grow on the characters and the story is well thought out. I also like The Stand although there are a number of characters to keep track of and it is a long read. I recommend Cell, especially if you like a zombie-esque theme.

I like Craig Shaw-Gardener's Dragon Circle(or something) series,it was interesting.

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight and New Moon were amazing, you can really relate to Bella and its just an awesome story. Icouldn't put them down <3

Anne McCaffery Books are awesome if you like dragons.

The Inheritence Series (Eragon and Eldest) are really cool and the world of Cristopher Paolini's dragon riders is really exciting (unfortunately the movie butchured it)

Of course I also like the Harry Potter books <3 One of the best wizarding series I've ever read. Can't wait for the 7th.

I'm also a fan of Terry Brooks Shannara series although I got kinda burnt out with them always being blood related throughout the books.

Yeah, thats a lot of favorites xD
Thats just off the top of my head.

M A N G O
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-10-2007, 01:28 AM

M A N G O wrote:

Harry Potter Books Are Really Good But Long >,o
Do Mangas Count?
Anyways

My Favourite Books Are:

>|Alice 19th|<

>|Vampire Knight|<

>|Absolute Boyfriend|<

>|LiLing Po|<

And I Think Thats It ><;

elissis
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 AM

i liked Lord of the Rings.. all three books..
after reading them, i didn't feel like reading anything else for a while ^^

also like 'Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry" and the two books after that by Mildred D. Taylor.
Roll of Thunder was a book i had to use for literature in school last time.

Twism
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-13-2007, 06:40 AM

Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card *_* <3

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Aquatica Send a message via MSN to Aquatica Send a message via Yahoo to Aquatica

Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 PM

I love the Inkheart books, and To Kill a Mockingbird, and Rebecca.

Lulu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lulu

Old 07-18-2007, 05:25 PM

• Among the Barons by Margaret Peterson Haddix

altrondragon
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to altrondragon

Old 07-23-2007, 07:52 AM

IF it iisnt Dune By Frank herbert

Its either any of the Shoadow run books.

Outlanders or deathlands by James Axle

Or any thing by Terry Brooks

shadowolf~forever
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-23-2007, 10:10 PM

• I love anything vampire/werewolf related. Dark romances are also a favorite..oh..and the DRoP series by Anne McCaffery

Boogiepop
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 AM

I remember I used to read and re-read a book called "Whalesong" by Robert Siegel. I haven't read it since middle school though. I'd like to though, just to see if I'd still like it. ^^;
I was also quite fond of "Call of the Wild" by Jack London.
Ooh, I could name books all night, I think. I was in a book club in middle school so I got to read so many good ones.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Favourite books...? hmmm....currently, I am reading, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Dreamers and still, searching any Enid Blyton child tales that I had missed years ago...and then...Sherlock Holmes...I still have the last few cases left...the big book is not beside me anymore, in home town.

Those are few of my favourites. But if it is really really a favourite, it would have to be romance novels that is written by someone with the name GuLing.

Rather than speaking about which book. It would be the genre that determines most. I like comedy, adventures, magic, thrills, mystery.

Blithe_smilE17
Send a message via Yahoo to Blithe_smilE17

Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 AM

I have a lot of favorite books as many of ya'll do:

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Twilight & New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Vampire Kisses series Ellen Schriber
Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgamary
Heartland series by Lauren Brooke
Cut by Patricia McCormick
Creepers by Michael Finklea
Zlata's Diary by Zlata Filipovic (read this and i cried)
That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton (GREAT!!!)
Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Big Mouth and Ugly Girl by Joyce Carol Oates (funny, funny, funny)
The Squires Tales series by Gerald Morris
Our Town by Thorton Wilder (I love anything to do with plays)
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin (love Jane Austin)
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (I want so bad to read Fairest by Gail Carson Levine)
The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine (what can I say?)
A Child Called "IT" by Dave Pelzer (the most heart-wrenching story ever)
Whispering To Witches by Anna Dale
Holes by Louis Sachar
Little Women by Loiusa May Alcott (prehaps one of the best stories ever)
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (love the fantisy world of Narnia)
...........if you thought that was all, my friend you are sadly mistaken...there are plenty more that I have read where the title or autor has slipped my mind...i can read anything and everything for hours on end...well I don't get very far for I am sad to say I am a slow reader...but I make sure I finish what I started...I have a very weird range of books from fantisy to action to heart-wrenching tragiditys like that of Romeo and Juliet...I also love Shakespear...Twelf Night and The Taming of the Shrew...just to name a few...:D well that is about it of my personal library of Favorite books, stories...etc :D

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-25-2007, 04:05 AM

I don't read a lot but I would read these books over and over again:

Battle Royale
Juniper
Wise Child(follow up to Juniper)

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM

1. The Inheritance Trilogy. Eragon, Eldest and the new one...I can't wait for it!!

2. Captain Corellis Mandolin. I fell in LOVE with this book :3

3. Violin By Anne Rice, its so beautiful

Lady Taurus
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Taurus Send a message via MSN to Lady Taurus Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Taurus

Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Cirque Du Freak is my favorite book series. I really enjoy many books though.

eternal_black_kiss
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 PM

My favorite books are:
Inkheart
La grosse femme d'a cote est enceinte
Notre-Dame de Paris
The Redwall books
Anne of Green Gables

Sumiko
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 PM

My favourite books are:
Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling),
Twilight (Stephenie Meyer),
and Gossip Girl series (Cecily von Ziegesar).

I also have many other favourites, I'm just way too lazy to list all of them here. ^^''

neur0mancer
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to neur0mancer Send a message via Yahoo to neur0mancer

Old 08-02-2007, 12:35 AM

Neuromancer and Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson

The Book of Atrus, Book of Ti'Ana, and the Book of D'ni by... some people I cant remember right now. @__@ (The books are based off a popular adventure/puzzle game called Myst. They books give you background on a lot of the characters. Even if you dont like videogames, or even that genre, they're all wonderfully written fantasy books. And thats saying someting; I usually dont like Fantasy.)

Second Variety by Philip K. Dick

Time Enough For Love, Stranger in a Strange Land, and Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Im also into Tank Girl, Transmetropolitan, Bone, and anything involving the character Cal McDonald. :3

foolish dream
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2007, 06:28 AM

I like Ann Rice and Stephan King and the like. But my favorite book of all time is called Raptor. I forgot who wrote the book, but it is great. I keep coming back to it.