MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 AM

A whole lot. It was one of my first Anime as a child and would usually bring the selfishness out of me as I'd always want to watch it no matter what with whoever was in the room with me. Even when knowing there were other ways to do that, I'd still prefer only to watch the episodes on TV with that person. I got over that urge and felt quite guilty about taking other people's TV time away years later...
Back then, the show kept me guessing as to what would happen next, but now, even as I watch the new seasons, everything is so predictable.

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistWater View Post
A whole lot. It was one of my first Anime as a child and would usually bring the selfishness out of me as I'd always want to watch it no matter what with whoever was in the room with me. Even when knowing there were other ways to do that, I'd still prefer only to watch the episodes on TV with that person. I got over that urge and felt quite guilty about taking other people's TV time away years later...
Back then, the show kept me guessing as to what would happen next, but now, even as I watch the new seasons, everything is so predictable.
It is very predictable. It pretty much sucks.

Marionetta-Mudkipz ish kewlz. The new pokemon are okay I am just talking about the season -puffs out my cheeks- neh

Shadow-mew!-cries over N-

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 11-22-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionetta View Post
I liek Mudkipz. Apparently you don't.

I like the seond and third seasons, mostly because there are more ghost Pokemon and cuter Pokemon. I like the first season, but only because of Jigglypuff. *puffs up cheeks and draws all over your faces*
GAH?! -tries to scrub off marker-

lol damn I almost forgot about her (her? lol IDK XD) she was so CUTE! What ever happened to her? owO;

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistWater View Post
I have to agree with you on that; it's just getting too predicatable :(

WHICH IS WHY THE FIRST SEASON SHALL ALWAYS BE THE BEST :XD

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-22-2011, 11:09 PM

Jigglypuff was drowned.

IN A RIVER OF BAD BROADCASTING!!!

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 11-25-2011, 08:23 PM

GASP

THEN THERE WAS NO HOPE TO SAVE HER! QAQ

lol I wished her dream could've came true though; she was such a sweetheart :heart:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 AM

I started Pokemon in it's first season. Then I got interested in the TCG game for a bit and all the other paraphanalia (toys and the like) and eventually the games. Though I've grown out of everything but the DS games, the series still has good memories for me. I watched the first few seasons but it just doesn't seem as good as it was back then. Maybe it's because I'm older now or maybe it really just isn't as good. I still watch the movies when they come out though. The newest one should be hitting theaters soon but I might just wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-03-2011, 02:54 AM

I loved the first season, and the original Pokemon the best.

I miss it~ :cry:

Has anyone else noticed that Ash got a makeover?

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM

If you mean how he looks like he's in a different style in the latest season then yes; apparently he IS in a newish style ;)

If you mean his clothing well, he always changes THAT with every new area he goes too :XD Although I'm not particular fond of this one XP

If you mean something else then LOL I have no idea! Care to elaborate? 8D

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2011, 06:02 AM

I grew up watching the original Pokemon - so yes..I do miss the old days. The anime is a whole different beast compared to the games for me. I don't think the newer shows are that good to me. New voice actors, different feel...it's just not the same! He ce the reason why I don't watch Pokemon anymore. I am extremely huge on the games. I'm a fan of all generations, although Kanto with always be my favorite conscidering it was my first <3

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 AM

WOOT! First season fan! -highfives- :XD

Kanto is where I can get me a Charmander and I do love its final evolution ;)

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 PM

I remember watching the first season of Pokemon way back when...I still remember the theme song, it was probably the best song of all the pokemon songs.

However, I don't think I'd want to watch it again, as with most old but good series it's best left to remember how good it was then.

AarinsRitsuka
Sweet Dream or Beautiful Nightma...

Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 PM

I kind of do and don't. I kind of do since it WAS the FIRST season. But now with the newer ones especially Pokemon Black and White I've gotten really used to the new style and all of that. So it is kind of neutral for me.

cleo873
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to cleo873

Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 AM

I don't miss it because I own it on DVD. Pretty sad for my age though xD

shinigamikarasu
(^._.^)ノ

Penpal

Old 12-22-2011, 09:07 PM

I do miss the earlier seasons. Not just the first season either. I actually loved it right up until the end of Diamond and Pearl. It's the newest season that I don't really like all that much. Which also makes it confusing to watch the newer movies.

I've loved Pokemon since I was in like fourth grade. I didn't have a Gameboy back then, but I used to collect the cards (which I still have). When I did get a Gameboy and, later, a DS, Pokemon was pretty much all I played. They are still the ones I play the most. Including the Gamecude ones.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 08:38 PM

I DO!!!!

i hate the new seasons and the games because they have changed soooo many things
i miss the old characters and pokemons

cuteordeath

Old 01-06-2012, 06:15 PM

I do miss it...I have great feelings of nostalgia about waking up early in the morning to watch it before school. ^^ At the same time I was playing Pokemon Blue, and it was great to have my adventures in the game while watching the anime! Aww, now I want to watch it again.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Wow, does this take me back.

When I was in middle school, I would set my alarm clock to go off at EXACTLY 7:00 a.m. so that I could watch pokemon before going to school.

tanektoshni
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 AM

God yes I miss it. I guarantee that if you start the theme song, someone will join you. I loved the first season. The first three weren't bad at all. I miss misty...

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rukia Kuchiki-

Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Original Pokemon all the way - once they got rid of Brock and Misty it was just not the same.

YamiSora
~

Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM

^ Totalli agree with Rukia up there!
when Sora heard they came out with more than 150 Pokemon.....Sora just stopped. (Sora only remembers all the pokemon names, even today, because of the Pokemon Rap and that is how its going to stay.)

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Yup... Still watching, still predictable. :P
Anyway, I just realized that I forgot to mention the games part of this discussion.
Yeah... I've pretty much played them all. At least when it came to hand-held consoles. From Blue to White and everything in between including the spin-offs. Can't say I've finished them all, but at least I've tried.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team was a bit slow for me, but I did manage to beat the main bosses in both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of The Sky.
Right now I'm playing Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia for the, I think, fifth time... Had trouble with the first one since I played the second one first and the third one... Slightly tricky.
Anyway, that's my Pokemon gaming history as of yet. Still working on it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-26-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyKeehl View Post
Hm, Does anyone... ANYONE at all miss the old pokemon days. Before all of the stupid new seasons and major changes pokemon has gone through...?
I mean I remember when I was a little kid and I'd stay up to watch pokemon.
I loved the first series. I adored it with my little heart xD
Now its confusing and boring. Don't you think?
Have you ever liked pokemon?
Have you ever played any of the games?
I am actually rewatching Pokemon from first episode ever <3 hahaha

And I still love and play pokemon, and draw them. All the time. I'm dressing up my baby girl as a Pokemon for this next Halloween, i just haven't picked which pokemon yet.:]

Legos on the floor
*^_^*

Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiSora View Post
^ Totalli agree with Rukia up there!
when Sora heard they came out with more than 150 Pokemon.....Sora just stopped. (Sora only remembers all the pokemon names, even today, because of the Pokemon Rap and that is how its going to stay.)
THIS HERE. Although I only remember some of the PokeRap.:(

When the second season started, and Misty, Brock, and Professor Oak were all replaced, and the foreign-object pokemon showed up... it just didn't work for me.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 AM

Did you guys know there is an error in the pokerap?

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaijin

Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 AM

Yeah they call graveler a geodude, thats so lame. I am currently on like episode 7.