~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-14-2014, 03:36 AM

Gemini laughed loudly at the insult dealt to her by Arvin. "What do you know, pretty boy's got wit!" She said. Her temporary good mood evaporated, however, when the doctor and guards showed up to give them a "tour." Deciding she would rather go along with it than be shot, she obediently stood up and followed.

As they were shown around, Gemini found herself unimpressed by the T.V. room, but slightly appreciative of the library. It was huge, after all. The bathroom area made her shudder at the thought of being seen or touched by anyone, but she hid it expertly. It was the gym that caught her attention. She knew already that she would be spending most of her time there, keeping up her martial arts training.

Upon being shown the simulator room, Gemini felt all of her suspicion instantly flood back into her mind. This place was no good. A prison in pretty clothes, it seemed. Judging by the emotions of the people around her, most of them shared her view- except Arvin, who seemed to think the whole things was a game of sorts. Finally, they were allowed to ask questions, and one person mentioned that someone had been taken away. Looking around, she realized that they were, in fact, one less. It didn't sit well with the redhead at all. "Aye, I've got a question. Just what exactly are you people really doing here? All the luxuries in the world don't make up for the fact that you've trapped us here." She said, acid in her tone.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-14-2014, 01:03 PM

From where he was leaning, he could see everything. A pair of binoculars aided his vision, as she was quite a ways away. Intrigued, he watched as she tried to figure out just how she would escape. The little miss had no idea that, should she get around the gates that locked all in, she would bump into a large, clear dome. Shaking his head, he mused it might be time to step in. After all, if she made contact with the dome, it would only smug the place up -- and we wouldn't want that! Leisurely stepping from the shadows of the pines, he sauntered on up to the woman. As he made his way to her, he wondered just what he would do. Should he just say hi? Or should he put on a show?

"Trying to escape, are we?" It was spoken with a peppy undertone to it and, if one dared to wager a guess, one might call it British in appearance, too.

Thias practically jumped from her skin. Her eyes were wide with fear and her face drained of all its color. From where he stood, he could tell this woman was scared shitless. Actually, from the sweat on her brows and how her heart started racing, he knew she was in serious danger. That was no fun though. People were always more interesting when they weren't scared. It was time to calm her to a 'funner' state.

"Oh, babydoll, you've nothing to worry about. I shall aid you in your escape! Ah, yes, that sounds wondrous!" Bending down and riling his butt, he playfully jumped in the air. Giving her a firm shove over the top of the wall, he waited a few seconds before he flipped up onto it. Before plopping off it, he happily kicked his legs against the lovely stone wall that served as a last ditch effort to keep people from touching the dome. Head bobbing from side to side, he gave Thias a friendly wave as she started a full-on run toward what she deemed freedom. The sound of someone humming the Jaws theme song could be heard coming from his direction.

"Buh-bye, my sweetie~!" he chirped happily before sliding off the wall. Now with his feet firmly planted on the ground, he could really have some fun. Running after her, he started to laugh. "Escaping is so much fun! Why haven't I done it sooner?"

Thias was probably wondering the same thing, but she was so focused on leaving that she didn't see a large, crystal-like scythe materialize in the hands of the man who aided in her escape. Just as she was a step from the wall, her head went flying backwards while her body propelled forward due to inertia. Blood splattered the dome, leaving streak marks as it dripped down its rounded edges. Head finally coming to a stop, her starry eyes hadn't even lost their luster or gleam. She died truly happy.

"Sorry not sorry!" he giggled before twirling the scythe in his hand. Maneuvering back to her severed head, he bent to pick it up. Dead the second the blade cleaved off her head, the male laughed again. "Didn't you hear, no one leaves LTB unless they say so." Shaking his head again, he let out a sigh for his fun was done. Perhaps he shouldn't have killed her just yet. But, alas, he didn't want to make more of a mess or worse, get in trouble.

Blood dripped down his pale features as his black hair rustled in the wind. Eyes fading from icy blue to venomous red, the raven whirled around. Fingers moving to his lips, he whistled to the guards in ear-shot to make haste to his location. The moment the robotic guards arrived, his fingers pointed to the wall. "Clean this up immediately. We can't have our guests know that there's no escape. And dispose of the body."

Blank expressions met him, which caused him to roll his eyes in disbelief. "Must I do everything myself?" With a groan, the man by the name of Rroy started to wipe the remains of Thias away. It didn't take long, but it wasn't easy. After all, one smudge would make it plainly obvious that they were trapped within a clear dome -- and we don't want people to know that! After all, the LTB gave off the illusion that it was an open, nice place. If people knew about the dome, all hell would break lose. Although... that would mean more games and bodies.... With nothing left to do but bury the body, Rroy's eyes flashed blue as a smile crossed his features. He was going to play with his dead mouse some.

"No need to bring me a shovel, boys!" Hands conjuring up ice, he used the water in the air to direct his ice particles. Slowly but surely, a hole was dug with nothing but shards of ice. Dirt went flying through the air as Rroy purred a sadistic melody. Those clear pieces of ice were quite magical. If anything, it looked like magic made the hole, which was something Rroy thoroughly enjoyed doing. Oh how he loved his powers. Who wouldn't, though? He could do just about anything if he put his mind to it. Not to mention, ice is clear so no one ever sees things coming. One day, he would impale someone with a giant icicle. It sounded fun. But for now, he would need to device a plan to get the body into the hole.

Not even daring to touch Thias, he materialized a sheet of ice below Thias and used it as a pivot point. Raising the far end with a pillar of ice, he watched as her lifeless body moved into the hole. Jogging back a few steps, he dashed forward and lightly kicked her head into the hole before throwing his hands in the air, waving V for victory signs in the air. "Oh please, hold your applause," he joked to the stiff guards that still lingered in the area.

Wrist to his lips, the thumb of his left hand touched a button. There was a faint click before silence. "The exterminator has dealt with the pest. We shall have no further issues with this bug." A monotone voice spoke the word good to him. "Where shall I go now?" The voice advised that it might be wise to check in on the new recruits. "Splendid idea, Sir! You always know what's best." Hands falling to his sides, Rroy began his calculated walk to the simulation room, where the tour had ended. The duration of the walk was filled with him talking to himself. Had someone been watching him, they would label him insane. What they didn't know was the truth about everything, but that secret will be revealed later.

"I would like a spot of tea with my body, if you please," he jeered in a Britist accent. "A body? Heavens," he breathed out as if he were a shocked damsel in distress. "Why yes, shall yours be next?" This tone was deeper and far more foreboding. Cackling like a villain, he started to side-step and wiggle in delight. He was truly having too much fun. One might even wager that he had no idea he was mentally insane.

Just down the way from the room, Rroy started to skip and whistle. The whistling soon became full on singing and the skip turned to dancing. "If you wanna get with me there's some things you gotta know. I like my beats fast and my bass down low. Ba-ba-bass, bass, bass down low. Bass, bass, bass down low. I, I, I like my beats fast and my bass down low. Drop it to the floor~!" Now in the view of everyone in the room, he dropped to the floor before popping back up and making pretend gun signs at the crew. A wink followed before he flashed a charming grin.

"What's with all the glum faces, hoes?" Shuffling toward Smith and Heyman, Rroy wrapped an arm gingerly around the two. "These fine folk of the LTB are going to make all your problems go away. I mean, just look at me! I used to be a stiff prick and now I'm chill as could be." His arms made wavy motions as a placid look washed over his face. One might call him high, but he was far from that.

Tumbling away from the pair, he rose a finger to his lips before his eyes glistened with delight. "Say, if I'm really good, do you suppose I can have a cane. Oh and a monocle! Ugh, a top hat would be so fetch." His brows furrowed. "I cannot believe I just said fetch! I need to stop making fetch happen. Regina George would be so pissed if she caught me using that word." Winking, he wondered if anyone got the Mean Girls reference.

Rroy's head bobbed side to side again when he noticed the grimness of the room hadn't lifted. "Oh you are a tough crowd. You know, just today the LTB let someone leave. I know, cray right?! It's like, if you're good, you get to leave." It was pretty obvious he was mocking these new recruits. "Listen pups, these guys are here to help you. You came here, now let 'm do their job. They're here to make the world a better place by fixing you. Did you really think it would be a fun and easy thing? Did you think you'd have unlimited freedoms? C'mon, let's get real people. We're prisoners because we put ourselves here. Want to leave, then make the change." Laughing, he turned to no one in particular to joke about something. "Anyone notice I picked up a British accent halfway through that? Ugh, I crack myself up." Wiping away a tear, he laughed again.

Fumbling and flailing his arms, Rroy tumbled and turned around the people in the room. "Cheer up and have fun, chumps! This is your life until you get fixed." Tossing an arm around Gemini and then moving to Caleb, Rroy smiled. "Is it just me or do these meds really work? Like for realsies, I feel so fly. Good thing I'm a white guy." Tongue lolling from his mouth, he zigzagged back toward the entrance of the room.

"Don't say a word just turn around and let me see. Girl you got something special, something special for me. It's way too many suckers in the VIP. Valet got my car upfront. Tell me do you wanna... kick it in the backseat?" Grin crawling from ear to ear, Rroy gave everyone in the room the double bird (middle fingers) before skipping backwards down the hall.

Oh my, I didn't realize how long this became. I guess I was just having too much fun playing Rroy. I mean, just look at how adorable he is! He's all silly and insane. And a cold-blooded killer. Woo~! I guess the meds really do work. XD

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-14-2014 at 01:09 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-14-2014, 03:52 PM

The first to speak was their green haired movie star. Heyman found him to be the only one in the room who maybe didn't understand exactly what was happening to him, or perhaps who just didn't mind. "Food is cleaned off of the table promptly one hour after it's served. You can leave any time you're finished though, and the kitchen is always open with a fully stocked refrigerator and pantry, and no," Heyman added, "no alcohol. It inhibits judgements and makes what we're doing here for you quite hard to handle."

She addressed everyone now. "You all need to be in a clear state of mind. There will be little time for lounging around drinking, as most of your days will be spent training, or with Dr. Greenwich." Arvin had more questions. "Hobbies?" Hmm. The others who had been here before didn't seem to have hobbies aside from, well, training, and killing. Still, there would be no time. But perhaps they could be used as incentives? If there was time for reading in a library, there could technically be time for other things.

"Yes, those things are allowed," Heyman answered, "But those privileges must be earned." She didn't get a chance to respond to his commentary on the food, as Caleb was butting in. Heyman smiled, almost mocking Caleb as she sweetly said, "Caleb, you were brought here for your issues. Of course you're going to have doctors appointments." She and Smith both laughed.

"Nixie is here for severe anxiety, among other things," she said to the group. "She was merely having a panic attack," she looked directly at Caleb before adding in a lower tone, "that I believe someone here caused," she looked back to the group, "and was taken to see Dr. Greenwich for help. I assure you all she's quite fine." Not that she would actually know what was going on in the basement while she was up here putting on a show.

More questions were popping up in the group, as expected, and Heyman answered them in a way that would explain everything all together. Though parts of it would be lies. "Yes, Elaine, we do plan to cure you of those things that ail you. That is why you were asked to come here." She was speaking mainly to Gemini and Elaine now, though also to the group, in explanation.

"You've all been asked here because you have issues that have gone beyond those of normal human issues. They've become debilitating, unbearable, and incurable with the medicines on the market today, or with the help of even the world's leading psychiatrists." She continued.

"LTB is working on breakthrough technology that can cure a person of any ailment, no matter the cause or problem, in mere moments. It is a combination pill with a simple full body scan of sorts, I won't bore you with the technical terms... Unfortunately there are some side effects, which some of you may be starting to notice." Aside from the fact that this miracle cure hadn't actually cured anything either...

"Upon discovery of these side effects, LTB realized that these powers you've all come to own could be potentially very dangerous for the outside world. That is why you cannot currently leave." Heyman made it sound like they'd still be cured of their problems, and able to leave when they had the hang of their powers, but that just wasn't the truth.

Not only had LTB never intended on curing their problems, they would never be able to leave, not until they were brainwashed enough into fighting wars and coming back, should they survive. "We've provided you with the best living accommodations in the region." She smiled. "So just relax, and let the doctors do their work. In the mean time, the training is to help you learn to control your new abilities." Her tone had been almost mocking, the entire time. But, so long as they believed these things, they wouldn't be killed, so perhaps the lies were what they needed for the time being.

She finished, very proud of herself, just as Rroy arrived. Typical Rroy. That guy was a complete nut, but at least he was on their side. "Good evening Rroy," Heyman said, "We're just finishing up with the LTB tour and orientation." Rroy went on to, somewhat, validate what Heyman had been trying to get across, before dancing his way back down the hall again until out of sight.

Heyman raised her eyebrows and smiled. "Well, that concludes the day, you're all free to roam. Don't forget that breakfast is at 6:00 a.m. and sleep will be your best friend, so I suggest you get plenty of it." On that note, Smith and Heyman didn't wait for any further questions, not wanting to get caught up in any lies. They made their way back down the long hall to LTB and disappeared into the basement, leaving the others there to do what they pleased.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-14-2014 at 03:57 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:20 AM

With the entry of the seemingly insane man, Gemini did nothing but roll her eyes. If she was being honest, she would say that she tuned out most of what he was saying. It was all lies, anyway, and she had no tolerance for lies. Just when she thought things couldn't get any more annoying, the man threw one arm around her shoulder. Her reaction was instantaneous. She stiffened, and her heartbeat sped up to twice it's normal speed. She started to sweat, and without thinking, she turned and kicked Rroy very hard in the shins. "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!" She screamed desperately, backing into a corner away from everyone else. Eyes wild, she didn't notice the maniac leaving the room as if nothing happened. She didn't notice their captors leaving, either. She was too far gone in panic, scratching at her arms as if trying to get the feeling of being touched off of her. Scratching, scratching, until she started to bleed, and then still scratching. A hysterical sob caught in her throat. He touched me. He touched me. Oh God he touched me. Was the only thought running through her mind, over and over.

Graxdon1
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-15-2014, 05:25 PM

Deleted

Last edited by Graxdon1; 03-17-2014 at 07:56 AM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-17-2014, 12:04 AM

"Yeah, someone sure did cause her anxiety to flare - you and this whole damn prison thing! Caleb snarled, but it wasn't like anyone really listened to him. Maybe the other experiment objects, if they could place who they were talking about. After all, they were missing two people now, although Moores had never seen Thias. Meanwhile, discussion continued as lady doctor proceeded to answer questions and lie to them. The sugar coating was so thick the man felt like gagging. But Corynn's hand on his arm made him remain quiet through the whole speech.

Young woman was absolutely overloaded. Her mind had become fast mountain river in flood where she was a mere stick, tossed around. All the things she saw were so clear, so intense that she could barely comprehend even half of them as they rushed over her. And the thoughts were not easier either. She knew that simulation room would cause physical harm, she saw someone being dying here, under the ever watchful supervision of 'doctors'. Corynn also saw small bits of research papers and underground labs, she saw the visualization of 'brighter future' - where this group stood staring ahead dully like zombies, ready to do whatever was needed. It was clear they were simply test bunnies, albeit extremely precious ones, to these two and she could even feel irritation they had for those that weren't as easily fooled.

And then Rroy arrived. Suddenly, saying 'white as a sheet' wasn't just a idiom anymore. It looked like all blood had left Corynn's face, her pupils dilated, swallowing up the pretty gray as her eyes widened in absolute horror. The mountain river that had already been tainted by blood now became only that and she could hear maniacal laughter in her head. The visuals of him killing a young girl were way too bright and vivid in his head. She staggered back, trying to resist fainting or throwing up. Thankfully, Caleb held her up, swatting Rroy's hand away lightly when he tried to touch him and the man soon went away in his madman manner. Last bit she caught from LTB officials leaving soon after was how Smith planned to reward Heyman for her good speech and that, too, was picture she wished to forget as soon as possible. And he didn't even know he wasn't only one keeping her company in very specific way!

As soon as they were all out, Caleb helped Corynn out of simulater where she simply sat down in the corridor, covering face with hands. "He killed her... He killed her!" she whispered in horror and Caleb shook her by shoulders lightly. "Who? Who!?" he asked, angry and mortified at thought Nixie could be dead. It would be his fault on some level...! "Not Nixie," his sister replied quietly, hearing his thoughts, "this girl... I don't know her name. For just having a look around... They won't even try to keep us alive. He is.. insane. And.. and..." Quiet tears ran down her face now as she stared at her brother. He was kneeling in front of her, hiding her from curious gazes of men and women that would pass by. "I won't let anyone touch you," he growled. "You might not have a choice... We can't withstand against them all... They have gifts, too." she said with defeat in her eyes and voice that horrified Caleb more than any death threats.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 AM

Damn. Things went to hell pretty fast. One minute he was being told no alcohol and the next his best friend, the one who mysteriously up and vanished, was there dancing around the room as if he were high on weed. The entire scene the unfolded left Arvin frozen and numb. Between the screaming and the panic attacks, he really didn't know what to do. Should he be honest with his group? Should he succumb to their level of fear and weakness? No, he wouldn't do that. He came here to get better. He came here to prove his worth.

The first thing he noticed about the situation was how everyone pulled away. The siblings left to be on their own, speaking in hushed tones. Gemini was having her own issues, leaving Arvin to himself.

I saw blood on him, he confirmed in his mind. I know I did. But why. Why would he have blood on his hands. Had he hurt himself? No, that wasn't like Rroy. Praying he was wrong, Arvin feared for the worse. Rroy had probably killed someone. From the way he dressed and acted, it was clear he wasn't like him. Rroy seemed to be a part of the LTB, and that scared him.

"Why is Rroy here. He and I go back. A long way back. What I don't get though is... why is he siding with them? I thought he joined the SO. I thought he was... good." Arvin's yellow-green orbs watched his old comrade vanish down the dark hallway. Lips apart and face longing for answers, he just shook his head. How was all this possible. Just what happened. How did things get to be this bad.

"Something's very off about this whole thing." Pivoting on his heel, he looked at the rag-tag group of participants in this crazed study and sighed. He spoke loud enough to the two in the hallway could hear him, should they desire to do as such. "We might not like the hand we've been dealt, but if we want to get through this, we're going to have to stick together." Eyes casting away and down to the ground, he ended with "And we'll need to make sure we convert him to our side. Or there will be no hope."

Moving toward Gemini, Arvin felt rather useless. He wasn't a medic, that was his beloved friend Varun. He had, however, watched how the medic handled such scenarios. Shifting around the room, he found what looked like a towel -- it was probably for drying off after using the simulation room. Getting it wet by the water canister located not far from him, he moved back beside Gemini. His hands shook as he extended the damp towel out to her. To say he wasn't scared as an understatement. He'd never had to deal with something like this before. He just hoped that his gesture wouldn't upset her more so than she already was.

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-17-2014 at 04:45 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-17-2014, 03:41 AM

Nixie had remained quiet, sitting in her chair, hugging herself. She felt so, used. The worst part was that she recalled all of it. She knew she was being hypnotized the moment it began to happen, but by then it was too late. Weren't people not supposed to remember that kind of thing?

She'd not known exactly what had happened, why he was in her head to begin with, just that he was definitely in there. And it had hurt. Increasingly so as time passed, but there was nothing she could do about it. Somehow she was left with a feeling like, he'd been in her life for a very long time, the whole time maybe.

That's what happened when he entered someone's mind, leaving bits of himself throughout their memories, though nothing solid enough like an actually memory. She felt that he had somehow seen so much more of her than she even knew of herself. And he had.

Suddenly the metal door slid open and Smith stepped in. He explained that the tour was over, and that it had gone well. He was told to escort Nixie back to the first floor, and she followed him out the door, letting her hair fall over her eye and refusing to look at Dr. Greenwich, who's eyes she could practically feel burning through her.

What had he learned while probing around her mind? Nixie shuddered as the metal door slid closed behind them. She followed Smith down the long corridors until the reached the stairs to the first level. He pressed in a code, held his finger over a pad, and a red light scanned his eye. The door opened and he stepped aside.

Nixie climbed the stairs and exited the basement, trying to keep her distance as she passed Smith. When she was out, she turned around, but the door was already closed. She glanced around. What time was it? Had the other captives finished dinner? What of Caleb and Corynn?

She regretted missing the tour, but better her than Caleb or Corynn. She sighed. It should have been Caleb. But Nixie took the blame for the window, saying she didn't know what was happening to her, and that she couldn't control it. She shook her head, the headache nearly gone thanks to the Advil. Which was strange. Nixie had frequent migraines and Advil never worked.

Little did Nixie know that the pills weren't Advil at all. It had been stupid of her to trust Greenwich at all. The pills would merely dull her powers though, for a short period of time. So really, not much harm done.

Wanting to know the levels of LTB, Nixie assumed she'd have to figure things out on her own. What better time to figure than now? Not like she'd be able to sleep or anything. Today super sucked. She moved around the staircase and into the hall, bumping into someone who was walking backwards down the hall, or dancing, she wasn't sure.

She jumped from the unexpectedness of it. "I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, "I didn't see you- my mind is just, somewhere else..." she tried to explain. Who's wasn't here at LTB though, amiright? Peering up from around her bangs, Nixie noticed a head of black wispy hair, a little crazy, and blood red eyes that seemed to have no pupil.

Shock probably showed on her face, since she'd never seen someone with eyes like those. Were they contacts? He was actually quite handsome, in a cheesy vampire movie kind of way. But was that, blood on him? "You've got red on you..." she said meekly, pointing it out. It probably wasn't, probably just juice, or something. Right?

At this point, Nixie would have no reason not to trust the others held captive here, and she had already mucked up the only two friendships she was likely to make. Nixie wasn't a friend maker. She was weird, and awkward, and she made awful first impressions, kind of like she was doing right now.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-17-2014 at 03:51 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-17-2014, 04:02 AM

The panic was receding slightly. She was aware of voices around her, and she picked up on feelings of panic and unease in the room. Someone else was panicking. Though her eyes were closed, when she picked up on another emotion, she knew somehow it was closer this time. Worry? No, concern maybe? It was too hard to tell in her current state. Still shaking, she opened her eyes and was met with a sight so unexpected, it nearly shocked her out of her panic. Arvin stood there, holding out a wet towel towards her, with a look on his face like someone approaching a dangerous wild animal. Her eyes went from his face to the towel a couple times before she seemed to decide that it wasn't some kind of trick, and she reached out one badly shaking hand to take the towel. Once she had it, her self-preservation kicked in and she started cleaning off her bleeding arms. "Th-thank you." She said, not even bothering to preserve her dignity anymore. That ship had sailed when she had an attack in front of everyone. Tears swam in her vision, making things blurry. "I'm sorry. For this...you probably think I'm insane now. You didn't have to...thank you." She finally managed to say, her voice slightly husky and quiet. Normally she wouldn't care what anyone thought, especially this man who had proven himself incredibly arrogant, but for some reason right then her barriers were down and she found herself not wanting him to think badly of her.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM

"Nah, you're not insane. Maybe a bit crazy and scary, but the insane title would certainly go to Rroy." Trying to laugh at his own comment, he fell a bit short and decided to just shrug instead. "I'm sorry, but I never caught your name. I'm Arvin, or the trash rags green monsta. Whatever you prefer. If you're going to go with the latter, I suggest TRGM, much shorter." He tried to laugh again but found it impossible to do. At this point, the gravity of the situation was hitting him. Things were pretty serious and, from the looks of it, they were about to get worse before they got better. To make matters worse, there was no liquor to calm his nerves or ease his wary mind. Fearing the side-effects of the drugs, Arvin mused it would be wiser to control himself. Conceal don't feel, he told himself.

"So this is the simulation room. Wonder what it does." Stepping around, he poked his head around a corner. He was honestly hoping there would be instructions or details on the wall. Just what did all this mean? When he thought simulation room, he thought space and zero g's. From the looks of things, this wasn't something NASA related. "Care to explore? I figured it's best to stay in pairs to avoid the guards or worse, have to deal with another crazy...." Biting his lip, he fought hard not to think about the blood he saw on Rroy's wrist and neck. Just what had the guy gotten himself into? And since when had he become delusional and mad? Something just wasn't right.

---------- Post added 03-17-2014 at 01:00 PM ----------

"No need to apologize, miss. I should have been more careful in my retreat." His mood was unlike what he protrayed earlier. There was no psychotic grin or lust for blood in his eyes. He was perfectly sane now and, if one might be so bold to say it, proper. He almost appeared chivalrous and knightly. Not knowing better, Nixie might even mistake him for being a charming, sweet man. Perhaps a prince, if his bloodline allowed it.

Leaning into her, Rroy's lips gently kissed her delicate hands before he stepped down one step (he did this so he didn't tower over her). Allowing his pupil-less orbs to scale up her body and meet with her own orbs, Rroy smiled. "Miss Nixie, I presume? I couldn't help but notice that you missed the ravishing tour." There was a gleam in those cryptic red eyes. He appeared magical and dreamy, but in a slightly nerve-wracking way. Perhaps it was the red eyes? And the dark hair and pale skin of the devil? Either way, there was something off about him. Thankfully, his smooth voice and gentle gestures were enough to overcome his eerie looks.

"If you're not too busy and wouldn't mind the company, I could show you about." His left arm folded across his body while his right arm went up to twirl a strand of his black fringe. "The name's Rroy, by the way."

Without waiting for her answer, Rroy moved down the hallway and to a door. "For the most part, the doors lead to either rooms or the outside. Since we're so close to the outside, we might as well start there and head up. You'll find the pool rather relaxing, especially if you're having a stressful day. Upstairs, on the top floor, you'll find a gym. Most everyone spends all their time there. With so little to do here, the gym and library are really the only places to go. You can either train your body or train your mind. I do a mix of both. The mind is only as strong as the body and the body is only as smart as the mind. Without one, you'll never be ready."

Holding the door open, he coaxed her to follow. If she did, he was lead her upstairs to the gym. If she didn't, he would simply go to the gym on his own. Or maybe he would run around outside. He wasn't sure yet, but he needed to do something tiring.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 PM

Everyone seemed to be splitting up, so there was little else for him to do standing there. Turning away, Byren decided to take another look around on his own. To better familiarize himself with things. There was no need to tell anyone this, one might take it the wrong way. He slipped out of sight of the others, making his way slowly along one of the halls. This place certainly did give one an eerie feeling. It was darker, in color and a feeling of behind the scenes. He noticed the man from before, the odd one who had acted more crazed than the others. He was speaking with some female Byren had not had the pleasure of meeting yet. He raised an eyebrow, the man was speaking of training the mind and body.

Byren also prefered both, but there was no reason to interject here. Turning away, he continued on. He decided to head towards the rooms. It would be better to see where he would be staying for now. Following the directions they had been given, he found it simple enough. The door was unlocked to his room, and as he opened it he sighed. The walls were a dark gray color, the bed fitted with dark burgandy sheets. A dark cherry wood dresser stood across from the bed, and a small nightstand with a black lamp stood on either side of it. Other than that, it was prett plain, save for a desk that was neatly organized with paper and pencils. He stepped over to the dresser, it was stocked with similar clothes to the ones he wore now.

"Tch.." he gave a light click of his tongue, before he turned and moved to the bed. It was quiet here within the room, that did not bother him to much. It gave him time to think a bit about all of this before he went out to see thee rest of the place. He sat down on the bed. So far, he knew for certain, that they were not allowed to leave. There were things to do, this place had a pretty flashy exterior, for being so dark. A light sigh passed over his lips, as he laid back upon the bed. He folded his arms behind his head to relax a bit. He wondered when things would pick up around here, get a bit more interesting. It was around here, that a knock came to his door. He glanced to it, before slipping over to the door.

Outside was the female from his room waking up here. She gave him a sweet calm smile, even if her eyes showed more of an uninterested look. "Sorry to bother you, but we need to run some tests...standard measures. If you will follow me.." she turned away, walking along the hall. He sighed slightly, so much for looking around. He was unsure about going with her, but in the end, he doubted that he had much choice in the matter. If he did not go willingly, he would be made to go by that odd man most likely. Stepping out of the room, he closed the door behind him. He followed her along, towards the dining hall. it had been cleared up and cleaned away for the moment, save for a silver case sitting upon the long table.

She closed the door as the two of them entered, before motoning him to a pulled out seat near the case. "Should this not be done in a hospital room hmm?" Byren mused lightly, as he sat down. "There is no need for such simple tasks, especially with one as qualified as myself....you have nothing to worry about" she gave another smile. Odd, that smile seemed to calm him a bit, though he was not fully sure why. She turned the case to her, opening it. He caught only a quick glimpse, before things were out of his view. She pulled out a blood pressure cuff, wrapping it around his arm. He felt the slight pressure as she pumpped air into it. He watched her, why was she doing this? It was supposed to be a hospital right? But then, why did this feel a bit out of place and showy like much else in the home. She finished with the cuff, before pulling out a seringe.

He tensed merely a fraction, and she chuckled. "It is only to draw some blood" she said, turning his arm as she prepared by cleaning the inside of where his arm bent. He adverted his eyes, sad to say, but blood really was not his forte. He was not bothered by it enough that he could not handle it if he had to, but he avoided it when he could. He felt the pinch of the needle, taking a slight breath. She said nothing, as she drew the red substance. Finished, she placed a swab over the wound for a moment to stop the bleeding. "All done" she smiled again, and began cleaning up from that. Once done, she looked at him. "The doctor would like to start you on a regiment soon, to help with your troubles" she spoke to him. His troubles, she ment the nightmares, the anger, the blackouts.

A light sigh escaped from him, "what king of regiment?" She closed the metal case, "simple medication, working out, activity and such. Nothing to overly concern yourself with at this moment in time, we are here to...help you...after all." That hesitation...it was so small, that one might not have catched it, if they were not paying attention. He glanced in her direction, but she was going on as if nothing had even happened. He gave no hint away that he had heard it, "do you have any questions?" she asked, returning her gaze to him once more. He shook his head, doubting he would get straight answers anyways. Asking to much at the same time, could get him into trouble at this point. She looked at him for a moment, then nodded, "I will talk with the doctor then" she said, before moving to the door. She opened it for him, "you are free to go for now." He nodded and stood, keeping his eyes off of hers as he walked out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azelf stood within his room, the dark walls similar to the other rooms. He sighed lightly, glancing at the door. His tail gave a light flick of the air behind him in annoyance. Where was that man? They were supposed to have met to speak by now. He shook his head, most likely he was attempting to intimidate some of the newcomers. He would not have been surprised, the man was a bit...odd. There was one place the other could have been, that would have allowed him to get this over with. He moved to the door, opening it for a moment to glance out. The hall for the moment was clear, so there was no need to hide. He could have easily teleported away, if someone came.

Stepping out, he walked along towards the end of the hall. One of the plus sides to his natural senses, was he would be able to sense if anyone was attempting to sneak up on him, or if they were close. He also knew the place by now like the back of his hand, being here so long had its perks. Plenty of time to explore. His ears caught the sound of an approaching person, causing him to slip to the shadows behind a plant nearby. A male walked past, with black hair and blue eyes. He did not know him, must have been one of the new inmates in this little prison of his. He was tempted to say something, but the other was heading off towards the rooms.

He had no time to be playing detective at the moment, so he slipped off out of sight. He made his way towards the hall, but the scent of a few people around him made him pause. Ugh, it was going to take to long like this. With that, another puff of black smoke formed in the air, where he had been standing. He on the other hand, was gone. In a second puff of curling black smoke, the red skined man appeared up upon the third floor. His tail swayed slightly behind him, as his eyes ran over the spacious room. A light sigh formed from his lips. It was empty, seemed the little man had failed to come up here yet. No matter, it was only a matter of time before he did.

Azelf turned away from the stairs and the doorways, moving over to the kitchenet like area within. He opened the little fridge, slipping out a bottle of water. It was a nice day, which had been one of the reasomes why he was outside before the others had come out. He had been relaxing in the sun, but hearing their noise and commotion approaching, he had been forced up into that tree like some kind of cat. He sighed, leaning against the counter for a moment. Opening the bottle, he took a slight sip of the water. It was chilled of course, the icyness a slight distraction from his thoughts. He turned his attention to a few of the contraptions in the room. Human machines used to work out.

He had used a few of them, he had to stay in shape himself as well. Though with his more animal like body, he was easier to keep fit than a human. His metabolism was faster than theirs. At times, he felt more like a lab rat in here more than the others would perhaps. His attributes did come in handy though. His tail snaked over, slipping around a barbell of ten pounds. He could easily lift it, swaying the metal bell within the air. He could have lifted a full grown person with his tail, and had within his lifetime. A simple ten pounds was nothing on his tail. He smiled, taking another sip of his water. He glanced out towards the pool, the water looked nice today. He would have to think about going for a swim later, if he could find the time to not get interrupted.

Things would get a bit more tricky, now that there were other people here. If he did not make his presence known, he would be sneaking around forever. That, he would not do. He was not about to sneak around for the rest of his life, he had done far to much of that already. To wait for the other however, he moved to one of the lounge chairs by said pool. Sitting upon it in the sun, a light smile formed upon his lips. He leaned back upon it, one hand moving to rest behind his head. The other held the water, the only thing to do now, was to wait.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-18-2014, 04:12 AM

Getting control of her voice, Gemini sniffled. "I'm Gemini. Sorry to have insulted you earlier...it's something of a defense mechanism." She said, managing to stand up. Now that her panic was receding, she felt slightly shaky and honestly didn't want to be alone. It seemed like he didn't, either. "I think I'll just call you by your actual name. It sounds a whole lot better than the other options." She tried to joke but, as with him, it fell a bit flat. Clearing her throat, she joined him in looking around. "Sounds good to me. I don't like what these people seem to be doing. Still, if we're trapped here, we might as well get to know the place." She said, holding her arms tightly as if she were cold.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-18-2014, 05:46 AM

Some things probably should have thrown red flags in Nixie's mind. Words Rroy said like, 'retreat' and that he knew her name, though she had never seen him before. Probably also that he seemed to ignore that she had pointed out the red on him entirely. But they didn't.

Perhaps it was that 'Advil' she'd been given, slowing her reasoning. Perhaps it was just Rroy, and his majestic demeanor of sorts. He took her hand and kissed it, and Nixie's cheeks turned a deep sunburn red. She could feel it, and it only embarrassed her, bringing on the first signs of her incredible anxiety that started with her heart rate picking up significantly.

Rroy was incredibly charming, and gave Nixie the feeling of being a princess in a Hallmark movie. Only his appearance would tug at that feeling enough to make her wonder why he was here at LTB in the first place. They were all here because they were, well, broken. In one way or another. Perhaps Rroy's problem was that he believed himself to be royalty. Maybe he was royalty.

No. It had to have something to do with those eyes. He had a condition of some sort. It was hard to think about those things with him lingering so close to her. Half of her wanted to panic. Anxiety had already set in. The thing that happened to her when she felt awkward, thanks to her incredibly low self esteem. The other half of her imagined Rroy a prince, and herself in a billowing ballgown. The wind blew her hair gently as they stood in a flower garden, him kissing her hand...

Nixie snapped out of it to realize that Rroy was nowhere near her now. He'd moved to open a door, and Nixie hadn't said anything the whole time. Her cheeks felt hotter yet. She was such a weirdo! Rroy probably thought her half stupid. Bad first impressions one billion, Nixie zero.

She hurried along to close the space between them and enter the door he held, bare feet padding along the floral carpet. She kept her head down with her bangs over her eye between them, treating it like the wall she always had, protecting her from the world. She had a very 'you can't see me if I can't see you' mentality about those bangs, which was such a shame. Though Nixie didn't think so, she was hiding quite a pretty face and set of icy grey eyes.

When her anxiety had receded, and she'd started really looking around, Nixie found that LTB was actually quite beautiful. It was huge, and very accommodating, for a bunch of lab rats. So there was a gym? Eh... Nixie wasn't into that kind of thing. She could hardly lift her own body weight, and she'd sucked in P.E. in school. She couldn't climb the rope, and she thought her sides were going to burst any time she ran a quarter mile.

After a while, Nixie found that she had questions. She followed Rroy anywhere he went, remembering the rooms and information for later use, or not use, for things like the gym. "What do you mean 'ready'?" she asked, half sounding like she'd only been thinking out loud. "I don't really understand this place," she said, looking down in thought. "I've been told so many things, but no one ever says why the things are happening in the first place," She peered around her bangs at Rroy.

She realized it was the first thing she'd said in an awful long time. "I'm sorry," she tried to explain, "I'm not usually so quiet, or... weird." She paused. "Yes I am, actually..." She frowned at herself and half smiled at Rroy. He thought she was a loon, she was sure of it. She shook her head and looked at her toes. "Thanks for showing me around, that was really nice."

((Haha! I made myself laugh when she was imagining them like some kind of sappy prince/princess movie. He just killed a girl! XD Nixie has him allllll wrong, thanks to that second personality he just picked up.))

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 PM

"Come on... Come on now, don't be like that," Caleb's tone was nearly pleading. Corynn was a strong person, there had been only few times she had lost will to go on. To see her like this was worse than any nightmare, any physical pain. It rendered him powerless. Well, woman's tears in general did, but if it was any other girl crying, there was also frustration building up which might come out as yelling at her. Now, there wasn't even that, just helplessness. He pulled her closer in a hug, squeezing tightly as if that could protect her.

Quietly, she sobbed, head resting on his shoulder. He was all security she had ever known and now even he couldn't protect her anymore. In fact, she would have to be protecting him. It wasn't nothing new - guarding himself from his anger had become her task for long time now, but it had never imposed danger as great as now. She knew she should pull herself together, that she was hurting him with her tears, but she just didn't have the strength. If only there was a moment of silence in her head, but no... The voices and images continued.

He stood up, dragging her along. "Let's get you to your room..." he suggested and wiped some of the tears away as gently as he could. She nodded slowly. It was horrible thought that she would need to go there, that it was her room, but where else could they go? At this moment, she caught his thought of working out all these horrible feelings in simulation room and woman began shaking head violently. "No. No! Don't go there, all simulations... they hurt you for real. People die there," she said to him, eyes wide.

Caleb frowned, but knew better than to doubt her words. Honestly, he did want to, mind reading did seem crazy enough, but he had seen what Nixie could do. "We should warn them," Corynn began vigorously wiping her face, although her eyes were still puffy. At least there was no mascara to smudge. When she looked somewhat presentable, the pair headed back to simulation room.

Some of the 'experiments' had left it by now and she didn't want to go in deeply, but she caught up to Gemini and Arvin. "Do you two plan to use this right now?" she asked. "I'd just like to warn you that if axe swings at you and you don't get out of the way, you'll actually get cleaved..." She had serious tone, but her voice hitched a bit at the end, image coming back to her mind once more.

The 'gray mouse' slipped out of simulation room soon after Arvin began talking to red-haired woman. There was nothing she could do here. And the dirty tricks of this place she already knew. However, if she started sharing everything she knew, there would be questions how she had learned it and too much unwanted attention on her. She paused in the hallway, watching two siblings, with slight pang of guilt and sadness in her heart. She'd liked to assure them both everything would be fine, but promises are a tricky thing to keep in a place like this. Besides, they had each other. That was more than she had had for years.

She debated going to the kitchen - after meals was the best time to gather food she could eat in solitude. Eating with others wasn't really possible for her, although she'd attend the meals so not to break the image. Maybe they wouldn't force her, though, since she had been here for a while, unlike the group that had been taken on tour. Some of them were rather interesting, really. All, even. But she couldn't quite form solid opinion on them all quite yet. It didn't seem any of them clearly displayed powers, either, except the one with brother.

But where had Rroy gone? It would do good to continue keeping an eye on him. But it would be tricky. His mind had been twisted and altered, his reactions were hard to predict. Although she did have some defenses, the girl didn't feel like testing their efficiency against him right away. She needed a recording device beforehand. It was needed for proper following of the Protocol. Knowing where the man usually went to, she headed for the gym. In truth, she even managed to pass him and another of the 'experiments', but that was even better - it wouldn't seem like she was following him.

When she came to gym, she realized she wasn't first to arrive, though. A calm presence entered her senses. It was hard to distinguish one individual's emotions in a larger group, but as this person was the only 'group', she could read that he was rather calm. Expectant? She, too, wandered over to kitchen area and picked up few apples. What now? Wait for Rroy and the woman? Go to library? Justitia opted for moving towards balcony. It couldn't be suspicious, really.

As she came closer, she recognized this presence, or thought she did. One of the older 'experiments', he was here before her, but not long. He thought no one knew or saw him... She had decided not to break this illusion. After all, she didn't quite seek company of others herself. And as such, she hesitated before walking out on the balcony.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:33 PM

Gemini wasn't such a bad lass after all. It was funny how misunderstandings could really impact how you view someone. Within no time, he could see these two being partners, even if it went against what the LTB wanted. Truthfully, he wanted to pair up with Rroy but with that crazed grin on his face and the look of insanity in his eyes, Arvin had no desires to be anywhere near his so called friend. Gemini, although suffering from mental breakdowns and panics, was far less a threat. Not to mention, she was rather cute. Controlling his urges to just up and make a move on her, Arvin figured it was high-time to suppress those arrogant ways. It was better to be less flirty than it was to be alone.

The control room was getting a tad boring so Arvin randomly selected a button. Whatever it was, it turned the system on and allowed him to toggle through simulation options. Grinning, he called Gemini to his side to help him pick out the dome's appearance. When "training program" popped up, they both decided it might be wise to try out the training simulation. With any luck, it would shed some light on the whole room.

Just as he was stepping into the dome, his ears caught someone telling him something. Looking around, he green eyes landed on Corynn. "I think we'll manage. With everything we know about this place, it's pretty obvious not to trust what we see. Our eyes can deceive so we'll let our other senses guide us." There was a smirk to his last statement. It was funny to see himself quoting Rroy, but no one would know that.

Completely disregarding the siblings, Arvin stepped into the room and moved up to a red X on the floor. A voice echoed from above and stated, "Training Simulation Initiated. Subjects __(Arvin's number here)__ and 717375 engaging simulation dome." Brow cocked, he turned to look at the little miss at his side. "Let's assume everything we see is here to kill us. So we'll dodge and duck. If you get pinned, lemme know and I'll come aid." He wasn't entirely sure what the simulation would entail, but they soon found out. Targets popped from the floor and the voice spoke again. "Strike down targets with red." Seemed pretty easy. Too bad the voice didn't tell them that the targets in red could shoot weapons and move toward you. Spikes poked from the red bodies and so did axes, guns, and spears.

Eyes wide, Arvin moved back as if he shield Gemini. "I hope the buildings that are materializing around us aren't fake. We will need the shelter." With a gulp, the game began.

NOTE: Because this has become an issue, I'm just changing my post. Sorry Poppet, I'm moving us. Since he was still wrapping up the tour, we'll just say they went up to the roof so he could explain the whole outside portion of things.

Since Nixie had followed him, he pointed out some of the locations along the way. He showed off the pool as well as the gym area. They stepped inside for a bit and he could sense her confusion with all the equipment. "If you're unsure how to use the equipment in the gym, I would be more than willing to work with you." He couldn't help but notice Nixie's figure and how it looked as if the woman had never even been in a gym before. "A fellow with green hair would also be a fine trainer. Might even be better than me as he used to work at a gym for a while." Rroy was now wondering what Arvin was up to. Where had he gone and what was he getting himself into. That guy was known for getting into trouble. With a sigh, he could only imagine what was going on. A part of him wanted to go and hug the guy, but Rroy knew better than to break that facade. For now, Arvin had to think he had lost his marbles. Later, he might catch Arvin up to speed with things, but Rroy wanted to know how his green-haired friend would fair.

Gently taking her hand in his own, Rroy guided Nixie to the roof. The inside rooms were pretty easy to figure out from here. The second floor were the bedrooms and the first floor was like your standard house with a living room, dining room, and study. He saw no need to show her around there. After all, she was probably growing sick of the raven.

With the hopes of giving her a nice ending to the tour, he held his hands over her eyes the second before her head poked up to see the view. Gingerly guiding her forward, he moved his hands and smiled. "Just saving the best view for last," he chirped.

Recalling something she uttered earlier, the apology, Rroy seized this moment to talk to her. They were alone and, for the most part, he could be 'honest' with her.

"My dear, have you ever heard of war, death, destruction, poverty, and corruption? All these things stem from bad people. People who live to suppress and oppress the people. Their twisted ways are meant to hurt and hinder the world. LTB will not sit back and do nothing so they created this institution, or so I believe. You see, with nuclear war and bloodshed on the verge, someone needs to stop the world from destroying itself. Not to mention, pollution and global warming are at there highest yet! We need trained, educated, and real people to do this job. We sought out the impaired and worrisome for they have the greatest to gain and the least to lose. We're here to make sure life, truth, and beauty, LTB, remain." Rroy's lips turned up into a smile as he tried to incite Nixie with his devilish eyes. "For all we know, you could be the key to saving humanity. You could be the catalyst that will stop the wars and free the people. You could be the savior this world desperately needs."

Although Rroy didn't know every secret of the LTB, he had come to form his own conclusions about the place. It was easy to see how he could side with the asylum-like place, especially taking his noble stance. He was so wrapped up in the idea that he fulled embraced the LTB as being the messiah the world needed. And Rroy? Well, he wanted to be a part of this redemption. There was no way he wasn't going to partake in this adventure. And, should any get in the LTB's way, he would mow them down and show the world who was boss. LTB was the future. LTB was justice. LTB was... life.

Happily whirling around in a graceful manner, he scoffed at Nixie's insecure gesture. My dear, never apologize for who you are. Weird is in the eye of the beholder. If you think you're weird, the world will throw it back at you. Find your strength, find your core, and become what you are. Embrace your fears and march toward the truth." His hands enveloped hers as he pulled her close. "Should the world ever get to be too much for you, know that I will be right here. Behind every beautiful face is a knight who will protect the lady savior."

It was nice being alone with Nixie. He didn't have to worry about anyone overhearing his words or thoughts. In his opinion, none of those peons were worth his time or effort. Nixie, however, had the potential. She needed the coaxing and she could easily become someone of great importance.

"Have you any other questions, my lady?" He wanted to make sure he was down with Nixie before playing with other distractions.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-19-2014 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Edited post to change location, again. Content of post changed too to fit the flow better.

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 PM

Elaine decided to stay out of the way. Everyone was separating now. Not wanting to be bored, she was reminded of the pool table. That was always fun, and since everyone had already gone on their own, no one would mind. She walked back, thinking over what the Dr. had said during the tour. We'd be noticing side-effects. What kind of side-effects? What do we do when we see them? She didn't trust the doctor's here. If it was a simple experiment, they wouldn't be forced to stay.

She had to admit, LTB was a decent place. It would be a nice vacation spot, other than the freaky doctors and guards in the halls. Even forgetting that, there just wasn't something right here. Something very wrong. Ellie knew that when she left here, she wouldn't be the same. Hopefully it would be for the better.

She got to the right room and set up a game of pool for herself. She didn't mind playing alone, it gave her good practice. She played fine for a few minutes, alone in her thoughts. Until she hit the ball, and it missed the hole. "Damn." she whispered before walking over to the side. She felt like she could burn a hole through it, just from her anger. Well, she didn't exactly burn a hole in it. But it went flying over the side of the table.

"What the hell!?" She said, a little louder than she had meant to. Elaine walked over to the ball, picking it up and inspecting it. No strings were attached. She would have noticed earlier though. So what made it move? "Holy cow, the place is haunted too." She whispered to herself. She sighed, putting it back onto the table. "This sucks." She had a habit of talking to herself.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 PM

Corynn watched helplessly as Arvin activated the simulation. She had faintly hoped he wouldn't find a way to start it, but now it was too late. And what was worse, it affected the whole room. They all were trapped in it now - she could hear the doors sealing as the enemies appeared. And not just some test dummies, but fully battle ready bots that could take them down with ease. Especially since none of them had actual weapons. They were supposed to use their powers. Only... Three of them didn't really know theirs yet. And her own were not useful in battle.

"Good going man," Caleb grumbled, coming to stand on other side of Gemini. He leaned slightly forward, fists clenched as if he was readying for a boxing match, but thankfully, he knew more than that about fighting. Direct close combat didn't seem the best approach right now. He also hoped that powerful punch thing would come back when needed. "Stay behind me, Corynn, try not to get separated from me," he instructed his sister in 'no buts' tone. But of course, it wouldn't be her if she didn't think on her own. At least she was back in game...

"Some of us could distract few enemies so others can work on taking down same target," she spoke up, "could work faster." She was willing to do the distraction, not as nimble as Caleb, but faster than him. Maybe she'd find something to throw at targets, too, or something to bash them with. They weren't fully supposed to use their powers, were they? Hadn't they thought some people could have passive ones, like she had ended up with?

Not that there was more time for chatting, targets approached, weapons ready to cleave and shoot. Whatever they were going to do, they better start on it soon.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-19-2014, 04:09 AM

With a glint in her eye, Gemini followed Arvin into the simulation room. By the time the siblings' warning registered with her, it was too late, and the four of them were locked in. Clenching her fists, Gemini stood firm, refusing to back down. Corynn came up with a strategy that sounded good. "Worth a try. If we're all going to have powers at some point, now would be a good time to learn what they were." She said, frustrated. She didn't notice the purple colored lightening dancing between her fingers. Suddenly, one of the battle bots came in for an attack. "Incoming!" Gemini shouted, raising her hands instinctively to protect herself. What happened next was so unexpected that it left her standing, stiff as a board, in shock. As if in slow motion, she saw the purple lightening fly from her hands, arc towards the battle bot as if attracted by it, and hit with a huge flash and burst of sparks. The flash was followed shortly by a cracking sound like a gun going off. The battle bot fell to the ground, charred and broken. "Oh...my...God...whathtehellwasthat?!" Gemini shouted, looking in horror at her hands.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-19-2014, 05:12 AM

The dark haired young man pulled the blanket over his head attempting to ignore the knocking on his room door. “Go away!” He knew well what the nurse was here for and he didn’t want any part of it. “Aiden, don’t be that way. If you don’t take your meds as scheduled and Dr. Rhodes finds out we’ll both be in trouble,” the nurse’s tone was soft yet stern as she entered the room. All that came from the young man was a groan as he curled up into a tight ball, holding the blanket to keep the nurse from uncovering his head. “Aiden! Stop acting like a child and take your medicine.” Grabbing the blanket roughly the woman yanked it off of her patient. Aiden glared up at her, his azure eye being the only one visible to her. “Quit calling me Aiden, it’s Jake and like I said I don’t want those nasty things.” After more arguing and the nurse resorting to some violence the dark haired man was forced to take the pills she had brought to him. Due to his agitated state the meds to calm him took effect rather quickly. Within 15 minutes he was out like a light.

Several hours passed before Aiden woke up. His mind felt fogged as he sat up in bed. He found himself having trouble remembering what happened before he fell asleep. For now he would just chalk it up to being the side effects of another one of that man’s experimentations. Anger welled up inside of him at the very thought of that man and what all he has done. After a moment he forced himself to relax. Now wasn’t the time to let his emotions get away from him. The young man stood and went about changing into his favorite black shirt, purple vest and blue jeans. He ran a hand through his hair and decided that would do. Right now all he wanted was to clear this mind and relax a bit. Both things were easier said than done.

Slipping out of his room the young man moved quietly through the halls, avoiding all LTB staff. He made his way to the first floor. A game of pool or something should help to remove the fog from his mind he thought. When he reached the common area where the pool table sat he found a young woman there. Elaine had beaten him to the table. He stood silently watching the unfamiliar female that was playing pool. One of his eyebrows cocked when the ball went flying over the side of the table. Interesting he thought to himself. A small smirk appeared on his lips when he overheard the girl say something about this placing being haunted. “I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if this entire facility was haunted by the poor souls that have been lured here and were then murdered.” His voice was dark and sarcastic as he spoke, “And all for what? The name of science? To better humanity?” A dark chuckle came from him, but only lasted a moment. His duel colored eyes watched her curiously still standing in the same spot.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-21-2014, 04:46 AM

Nixie was definitely going to need help in the gym area, if she ever found herself up here again. Of course she would though, it would either be required by LTB, or she would realize she needed it, one or the other, sooner or later. Though, when Rroy mentioned a green haired man being a fine trainer, an image of one Arvin Kaiser popped into her head.

She was fairly sure he was the only green haired man she'd ever known of. And boy did she know of Arvin. She had all of his movies, posters of him on her walls, and knew most of his personal information, by heart. That's right. Nixie, Arvin Kaiser's number one fan. Though, Rroy couldn't possibly be talking about someone like that here at LTB. It was almost silly to think of someone famous like Arvin here. Then Nixie was sad again. It was hard to think about anyone here.

Before she knew it, Rroy was leading her somewhere with his hands over her eyes. The close proximity to another person, along with not being able to see what was happening, was sure to send Nixie into a full blown panic attack. But Rroy reassured her, and removed his hands, revealing quite the beautiful view indeed.

They'd made it up to the roof, in the secret spot up the stairs, hidden off to the side of the pool balcony. Heyman had left this part out of the tour, not seeing any need in anyone being up there. The sun was setting, and from this spot, Nixie could see beyond the trees and out into the horizon splashed with a multitude of vibrant colors. For a moment, Nixie forgot that she was at LTB, and forgot that an invisible dome separated her from the outside world.

Rroy's words made sense to Nixie. In a strange way. She could see where LTB was trying to make a positive difference in the world. Of course, LTB wasn't really all that good. But Rroy gave a good speech. Almost too good. Nixie was buying into it, even if she still didn't see why they couldn't have found willing volunteers.

Nixie imagined herself as someone saving the world. She shook her head. She just couldn't see that. No amount of special powers and workout equipment would make Nixie awesome. She was Nixie. Awkward, weird, and with loads of issues.

Rroy caught her off guard when his hands enveloped hers, pulling her close. Her heart rate picked up. What was he trying to do!? People never wanted to be close to Nixie. Yet, here Rroy was, being nicer to her than anyone else ever had been, and, making complete sense all the while. Rroy's words made her a little less worried about LTB, while falsely, and even made her feel a little bit better about herself. All that inspirational mumbo jumbo about finding and being yourself. Nixie was really buying it.

When he asked her if she had any more questions, she snapped herself out of it, taking her hands back and taking a step away, facing out towards the sunset as she cleared her throat lightly, trying to lower her own heart rate before something crazy happened. "No," she said. "Thanks," was added as an awkward afterthought. She was still mulling over his words though, wondering if LTB was really the bad place they were all making it out to be, and wondering if she really could become something great, and powerful.

With a sudden realization that Rroy had clearly been here a while, Nixie turned to him again curiously. "Do you have any special, abilities?" she asked. "How do you figure out what you can do?" she asked as an afterthought, but more wanting to know what Rroy could do.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 PM

There was sound near him. For a moment, Azelf stayed still. His eyes narrowed at the coming presence. They might have thought they were hiding, but it was very hard to sneak up on someone who's senses were inhuman. It was not who he was waiting for, so he had no intrest in being seen at the moment. A puff of black smoke curled around him, as with a slight crack he vanished from his location upon the poolside. His first instinct was to go up. Unfortunately, the area seemed to be preocupied as well. He appeared behind the doctor, and who seemed to be a new playmate of his. Neither seemed to notice him right away which was good. He stood there silently for a second, the girl he recognized.

It was the one from outside, this was quite interesting indeed. His skills with blending in and stealth came in handy now, as he moved more to the girls blindspot so she would not see him. This was either an attempt at romance, or a very good manipulation plot. Azelf knew better, most likely it was leaning more towards the second one. He was not worried of her seeing him, if she turned, he could easily teleport out before she saw even a hair of him. Right now though, he found the sight rather ammusing to be honest. It was not every day, one got to spy upon a doctor attempting to "woo" one of the patients. His tail swayed behind him lightly, as he sat down upon a couch behind the girl's field of view. He crossed his legs casually, as he rested his head upon his left hand. He smiled, slightly catching the doctor's eye.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 03-24-2014 at 04:32 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM

Just when he thought the day couldn't get any better, Nixie asked for something magical, something that would really let Rroy show his true strength and power. A sly grin sneaked up on his face as his eyes hid behind that raven fringe of his. Head turning toward the ground, Rroy fought to suppress a rather dark sounding laugh. In the laugh's place came a small snicker, a cocky snort of sorts. "Why don't you tell me, princess?"

Stomping his right foot on the ground, a sheet of ice erupted from below his boot. As it slide across the roof's surface, his hands twisted up toward the air. Tangled in a fluttering motion that followed the fluttering patterns of butterflies mixed with the rhythm of dance, his body swayed to the breeze as if it sang to him. Whirling and twirling about, his hands shimmered as his eyes glowed blue. Blowing a held breathe from his lips, a cool chill kissed Nixie's pale cheeks before twirling up into her hair. Frail snowflakes started to shimmer down from the heavenly blue skies above and as they collided with the warmth of a body, they burst into magical stardust like powders. Glittering as they fell to the ground, the once snowflakes soon became nothing to the sun's warm rays of light.

Hands pulling moisture from the air, Rroy looked as if he were plucking apples from an invisible tree. With each pull down, a stream of frost would follow. With a simple flick of the wrist and circle of the finger, the frost danced above as if it were flames. Creeping onto his body and coating him in sequins of ice, Rroy began to glow and shine as the light reflected off the crystal flecks on his skin. If one was familiar with the sparkling vampires of Twilight, they might believe Rroy to be a Cullen.

Long, black lashes sliced through the air as his blue orbs vanished behind his eyelid. Silent and still, when Rroy's eyes opened again, the crimson orbs appeared. Bowing ever so gracefully, his hands outstretched behind him. If anything, one might say he looks like an Olympic figure skater with his form and glowing beauty. Arrogance all over his face, he could see that Nixie was still blind to his true abilities. Bringing his hand to his lip, he then directed it over the edge at what some would call a true work of art.

Standing about 12-feet tall stood a full body statue of Nixie made completely of ice. Ever last detail, to her wind tousled hair to the dark bags below her eyes were captured in this giant ice sculpture. Each wrinkle and rippled in her attire was there, showing off where the wear patterns were. She seemed simple, but elegant in her icy form. Nixie, if anything, could simply be a model if the right designer were to create clothes and designs for her.

Rroy stepped forward to really admire his work of art. While his hands flew through the air as he seemed to dance, he was secretly hard at work materializing this icy masterpiece. Bending forward, he waved a hand from Nixie to her sculpture. "Ice can be a truly wondrous thing, if you learn how to control it." Red eyes flashing blue, a grimace grew on Rroy's face. His set of flawless, white teeth appeared from behind his lips as he growled lightly. A contorted, almost ugly scowl seized his handsome features. A wrinkle grew between his brows. And then, his hands that once wrapped around his body shot outward before quickly caving back in on themselves. In that very moment, the ice sculpture exploded into a million lethal shards that hurled in every direction. Large, crystal points came shooting right at Nixie, but a large, sleek wall of ice grew up between her and the deadly ice crystals. Stomping his foot again, the ice vanished and the dancing flecks of ice in the air became nothing in the sun.

"But every rose has its thorns. Ice's destructive power has leveled civilizations, frozen many hearts, and turned man and animal wild." Looking away from the woman, Rroy found himself smiling. Oh how he loved destroying his beautiful work. It just felt so refreshing to smash and shatter things. But now was not the time to shed a tear on his perfection. No, now was the time to coax Nixie on.

"With time and proper training, you'll unleash your inner strength and let it come to life. We're all born with different abilities. It's how we use them that determine's our significance to the world."

Still standing on the roof, Rroy turned away from Nixie to overlook the grassy fields below. A coolness came to the air around him, a word of warning to those who knew its message.

"Have you anything else to ask?" He spoke to her with his back to her, a sure sign that he was done with her... for now. Sure enough, Nixie took the hint and wandered off on her own, leaving Rroy and Azelf to the roof. Grin sliding on his face, the male smirked. "I spy a ninja," he teased.

---------- Post added 03-24-2014 at 03:03 PM ----------

Now, probably better than never, was the time to really put all his stunt skills to work. Unlike most actors, Arvin did all his own stunts and took quite a beating, but at least he learned how to fight, dodge, and do sweet tricks in the air. As an ax whizzed toward his body, Arvin found himself ducking, dodging, and rolling from its sharp blades. As he went to raise, the man took to his hands while his feet dangled above his head. Giving his body a good, quick twist to the right, he pushed off his hands and swung right. In the motion, his body flipped so that his feet were now on the ground. Running toward one of the axes that landed in the wall, he gave it a good, strong tug to break it free. As it ripped from the floor, Arvin whirled his body around to fling forth the ax. Only, he stopped just short of throwing it when lightning erupted from Gemini's fingertips.

Tripping backwards, Arvin tried to understand the situation at hand. Why did everyone keep talking about powers and abilities? Why did they all think they were 'freaks of nature.' Clearly, he was missing something. Or maybe they had too much water (clearly laced with something screwy!)?

Regaining his ground, Arvin bent to grab the ax when he saw something fly from the corner of his eyes. Green orbs dilating, he felt that bright light known as death give him a big kiss right on the lips. Surely, he couldn't dodge this attack and he would be dead in seconds. There was no way to escape the thrown axes, just no way.

No. There had to be a way. He didn't come here to die. He came here to prove his worth. He came here to find answers. And along the way, he found Rroy. There was no way he was about to die before seeing Rroy again. He had a focus now. He had a reason to fight, a reason to live.

In those blurred few seconds, Arvin found his courage and took a good hard fall onto the ground. Sure, the blade skinned him but the burn of that was better than bleeding out. With more blades coming his way, Arvin hissed at his luck. Why the hell were the axes only being shot at him? It just wasn't fair!

Enough was enough. With a somersault, he drew forth two axes. On the balls of his foot, he whipped his body around as if he were playing shot-put. As the axes sailed through the air, one landed with a large KUNK as the other cleaved off one of the robot's head. Well, at least one was down, right?

NOPE. Of course the little f---er had the strength to rise again. Peeved, Arvin sound himself rolling up imaginary sleeves. Veins and wrinkles popped up on his forehead as he went into his rage mode. He was beyond pissed at this point. Even with the others screaming, yelling, and doing whatever, he refused to come to terms with them. There was only one thing Arvin cared about and it was that ax throwing robot before him.

Frothing at the mouth (he's unaware of this), Arvin wiped his wet lips on his arm. Shaking off the access spit, he didn't even see the ground begin to steam the second his spit made contact with the floor. In fact, he didn't even notice the vile color green saliva he was producing.

Glaring down the enemy, Arvin waited for the ideal moment to charge forward. The moment the blades left the robot, he ducked and made his charge. With such passion, he lunged at the robotic foe. Hands colliding with the robot's arms, the two found themselves struggling for the upper hand. Sure, the robot was strong, but it lacked the passion needed to win. And, of course, it wasn't a dirty cheat like Arvin.

A smug grin crossed Arvin's features. Leg coming up, he kicked the bot from his grip before spitting at it. He was opting for the ultimate sign of disrespect, but when the green acid started to fray the robot and short its circuits, Arvin found himself stumbling backwards away from the monster. As he tried to scurry away, he discovered that his arms were sweating this hazardous looking yellow sweat. Panic set in as he frantically tried to swat the whatever off his skin. With no luck, he stopped, dropped, and rolled.

It seemed to work for the ground was now laced with corrosive acids that eat away at the floor. Body clear of the hazardous material, he skidded back to the group. "The f--- was that sh--!?" he panted with large, feral eyes.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-24-2014 at 07:54 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-26-2014, 02:46 AM

Gemini was forced to forget her shock quickly as more robots started coming. Her instincts kicked in and she started using everything she had ever learned in martial arts training simply to keep herself alive. For a while, she tuned out what the others were up to, until she spotted Arvin out of the corner of her eye. He seemed to be glowing a radioactive yellow. Ducking another attack, she jumped back to where he was. Unfortunately, she happened to step in whatever he had been sweating, and her bare foot was burned almost instantly. "Ow! Sonofa-" She bit off a curse as she looked at the actor. "What is going on here?" She asked him, wide-eyed and frightened. Why were all these strange things happening to them? Was it part of the simulation? Somehow, she didn't think so.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-26-2014, 04:15 AM

Dr. Rhodes’ eyes narrowed as he read over the report he was handed. He whispered a curse under his breath when he finished reading. There was no doubt about it something was going to have to be done about Rroy. Of course Rroy was following orders from the higher ups, but still it wasn't right. The subjects were important to research, plus since it was new comer there were other ways and means in which they could have dealt with the situation. The nurse that had handed him the report looked nervous as she stood there waiting for his orders. A look of relief washed over the woman’s face when all he did was dismiss her saying that he would take care of this problem himself. Jonathan ran a hand through his silver hair. The question was what exactly to do with Rroy. He would figure that out on his way to talk to him about what exactly happened earlier.

On his way to find Rroy the ‘good’ doctor happened to pass by the simulation room. Looks like some of the new subjects were using it unsupervised. Apparently no one told them that it was off limits unless there was a doctor watching on from the control room. Boy this day was just getting better he thought to himself as he moved to enter the control room. With a sigh of frustration Dr. Rhodes walked into the control room. He press the intercom button. “I know that you all are probably having a ton of fun playing around, but you really shouldn’t be in there unsupervised. You know that you can be severely punished for what you’re doing right now.” He smiled, almost grinning, as his eyes scanned over what was going on within the room. “Since you all seem to be new and unaware of the rules I’ll give you two choices. Choice One - I just end the simulation now and you come out of there. Choice Two – I let you continue the simulation and supervise over it to make sure no one gets too hurt. Choice Three – You ignore me and I report you all to the higher ups.” The man paused to let them think over their choices. While they thought it over he pressed another button to pause the simulation. He adjusted his glasses, a smirk playing on his lips as he awaited their answer. “So what will your choice be?”

Last edited by blueblackrose; 03-28-2014 at 04:42 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Azelf watched the woman walk away, his tail lightly flicking the air as he remained seated. He smiled lightly, as the other male spoke to him finally. "A ninja hmm? Unfortunately, no ninja could compare to myself" he stood, his eyes glancing in the direction that the female had gone in. He moved over to the edge of the roof, careful to avoid the bits of ice still lingering upon the floor. "A bit showy hmm? You certainly are trying to impress this one" he chuckled lightly, "could make one begin to wonder what is going through that head of yours." He slid his hands into his pockets, his eyes moving to the assistant in front of him, "and we all know how dangerous your thoughts can be."

His smile grew for a moment, slightly in an amused way. He then turned his attention out to the darkened sky. "It seems there are more rats in this little lab of ours, I wonder how they will fare when things....heat up.." his tail paused in the air for a moment, the end of it curling slightly. It was a habit when he was in thought, just as the slight twitch was a habit when he was annoyed or agitated. Perhaps he was becoming more feline than he thought, though that mattered little at the moment. He leaned a bit upon the edge, glancing in the other's direction. "It is plain and clear you already have an intrest in two of these little mice, what is it you plan to do now hmm?" he asks a bit curiously.

It would matter little if the other chose to open up about his intrest for the moment or not. He smiled, closing his eyes for a moment as a slight breeze flowed over the roof. He loved the outdoors, it was more of his element, his expertiese, though he faired just well on the inside as well. He was a bit of a mystery still to those who knew him, even most who worked here. After all the time he had been here, few had gained the oportunity to be let inside his world. Except for one....One he had grown quite close to, and had grown close to him as well. He chuckled lightly, the little mice were in for an interesting time.

"So...Sir" the word was said with an amused tone, "sneaking around forever in the shadows is just not me...not anymore, I am not ashamed of who I am, and it would be...beneficial...to move things along with intergrating me within the other's lives" he opened one eye, looking at him, "wouldn't you say?" His smile returned to his lips.