Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 02:45 AM

Henry didn't bother counting down that time and just lifted one hand as some kind of signal that he would start. One by one, he took the pictures, thankful that he used a tripod. Otherwise, his hands might shake too much to take even the most amateur of pictures. Too much of excitement got buried under everything else that once he finished the pictures, he looked them over in silence. "They look good. I...think this is good for today," he mumbled in his quietest voice. "I'll show them to Mr Neison and see what he has to say..." And maybe Henry could actually calm down once Kenneth left the room.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 03:04 AM

He dreamed as he shifted through the poses, though he seemed like he was focused on Henry. Kenneth's mind wandered, planning his next costume. He loved sewing, creating costumes that embodied the characters he read about, whose lives he lived right along with them. Working where he did meant he got to read books before they ever hit the shelved, and that was his favorite part of the job. It was the sweetest thing for such a voracious reader.

Kenneth slumped from his last pose, and walked right over to Henry. "I'm sorry for teasing you earlier ... I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." He stared at the ground. Shuffled. Kenneth forgot about his shirt until he noticed it hanging from a random stool.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 04:16 AM

Henry stared down at the ground as well, unable to lift his eyes and actually look at Kenneth right now. He did sound sincere and Henry wanted to believe that Kenneth might care. Or maybe he just felt bad, felt pity like many other people did when they saw him sitting alone in the school cafeteria. "It's fine," he mumbled as he twisted fingers in his hoodie sleeves. Truth was, he would be uncomfortable even if Kenneth didn't tease him, just...much less so. He lifted his head to fake a very convincing smile. "It's already been an hour y-you know. I've got more than enough photos."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 04:38 AM

"What, you mean you don't want to hang out? I could treat you to a meal, you know." He wanted to get to know the other man, make him feel more comfortable around him. They were going to be spending a lot of time together after all. Besides, Henry looked far from fine. He seemed like he needed to relax.

Kenneth slid his shirt on, patted it into place, and then put his shrug on. "What do you plan on doing with the pictures anyway, sine they were practice shots?"

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 07-25-2015 at 05:07 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Hang out? Kenneth had to be teasing him again. No one wanted to hang out with Henry and with how messed up as he felt right now, he wasn't sure he wanted to hang out either. He shook his head, sending his blonde waves bouncing around his face and nearly dislodging his glasses. "I-I have plans already," he lied. Probably sounded like a lie too.

As he went to his computer to pack it up, he looked down at the pictures still loaded up. With a careful shrug, he shut the device. "Just...show my mentor. Then I guess, I-I'll just throw them away." Now he definitely lied. He couldn't throw away such pictures no matter what, but he hoped that Kenneth didn't notice or ask why he would cling to such things so desperately. It was just the little bit of Kenneth that he managed to capture so far.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 07:18 PM

"See you later then," said Kenneth. He was pretty sure the other man lied, but he didn't know about what. Still, if Henry didn't want to hang out that was fine. It just meant more time he could use to get ahead with his work, and more time for reading.

Kenneth realized when he stepped through his front door that he'd forgotten to get his books the day before. There were enough in the shelves lining one of his walls to keep him occupied. He plucked up a few books, set them on a small table and settled down with tea in his reading nook. It was the coziest place in his whole apartment, with soft woolen blankets and a huge pillow set on a large cozy chair.

On impulse, after supper, Kenneth grabbed his phone and sent Henry a text. You read much?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 08:10 PM

Henry finished collecting this things without a word of good bye to Kenneth. After he left though, he heaved a deep sigh of relief. Alone like this, Henry felt so much more relaxed, if a bit heavy. Since he always felt that way, he welcomed the feeling like an old, familiar comfort.

At home, Henry fell onto his couch and buried his head in a pillow. Although his apartment was moderately sized and clean, it looked much smaller with the amount of clutter he owned. This was why he said he couldn't throw away the pictures. Among the many books on his shelf sat half a dozen photo albums filled with photos. And that didn't even count his secret box under the bed where he tossed all the guilt pleasure type--which was exactly where his photos of Kenneth would go along with those of other crushes he'd had and most often, never even spoken to.

Henry had just popped a tv dinner box into the microwave when his phone buzzed. He looked at the message with a feeling of shock. 'Yes?'. Because he really didn't know what else to say. Why was Kenneth texting him?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 08:49 PM

Kenneth looked away from his book when the phone buzzed. He glanced at it and started typing with a grin. I wanted to dress up as a character from my favorite book for the next photo shoot, is all. You couldn't beat cosplaying an elf from Lord of the Rings for levels of awesome, even if your hair was as far from blonde as could be. Then again, that was why he'd spent so much on a wig. He'd made the costume referencing only the books, and not the movies, so his Legolas was a grittier, wilder, more ethereal, version.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 09:08 PM

Henry blinked at his phone, shook his head, then looked at it again. Yep, that message said what he thought it did. He couldn't quite figure out how to react, but at least over a typed message, he couldn't stutter. 'What character?' He asked like that was the important question not 'why would you want to dress up as them?' or 'why are you texting me this now?'. He stuck to the easy things to ask. His food dinged and Henry set his phone down to fetch the chicken fried steak and gravy out. It didn't smell good, but at least it counted as food.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 09:47 PM

He had expected more questions. Then again, Henry wasn't the most talkative of people. If they'd been face to face, the photographer would probably have been stuttering his heart out. Legolas. I thought since you were taking pictures anyway, and we're both still practicing, it might be fun to inject a bit of silliness into it all. :P Was Henry wondering why he texted him so randomly?

If asked, Kenneth would have said he was bored, and all his other friends were busy. He didn't have that many friends to begin with, and he didn't work with any of them. They all had such weird and erratic schedules that it was hard to figure out when to hang out, or even when to text or call them. Kenneth didn't think it would be such an easy thing to explain to the photographer.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 10:08 PM

Henry nearly burnt himself trying to take the plastic wrap off his meal and squeaked out a mild curse. His mother would throw a fit if she heard even that. Sighing, he stuck his finger in his mouth and looked at his phone again. His heart started to race earlier and hoped dearly it wasn't Kenneth related. Oh right, he needed to answer. 'Oh. Okay. I like Legolas.' He didn't say so, but Henry had a soft spot for fantasy genre, probably something to do with escapism. He took his dinner back to the couch and sat down crosslegged with it in his lap. It was weird to be texting anyone right now, but surprisingly enough, he wasn't freaking out as bad now. Maybe if he just kept from seeing Kenneth in person, he would be alright.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-25-2015, 10:45 PM

He liked Legolas? Well that was good. So, have you read much fantasy then? Kenneth texted quickly, then went over to start doing dishes. He'd cooked some rice and a vegetable stir fry, something easy to freeze that he could just unfreeze when he got hungry and was too lazy to make a meal. He hated tv dinners, but didn't like slaving over a stove all the time either.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2015, 11:49 PM

'Yes. Fantasy's my favorite.' Henry texted back. He must have read all of the Lord of the Rings books three times, though it was nothing on the amount he read some other books. Henry didn't so much want to adventure as has his life entirely altered. Someone or something needed to come to him and say, 'you're special.' He shook himself and went back to eating. Of course that sort of magic would never happen to him, so he just had to stick with books. Other than photography, he spent most of his free time reading.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-26-2015, 12:18 AM

When the phone started buzzing, it hopped across the counter a little while before Kenneth was able to grab it. He'd needed to dry his hands first. When he saw the text,Kenneth grinned. Another fantasy lover! It was always a treat to meet one. Me too! He hesitated before adding another line. Have you ever read anything by Piers Anthony? He could talk for hours about books, favorite authors, and anything to do with fantasy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2015, 01:00 AM

Henry's lips quirked up in a smile smile. At least he could talk about this and not stumble for words like he did with most subjects. 'I read one book but never got into his. Harry Potter and Narnia were my childhood books'. There was something special about them. Narnia might have to be his favorite and he spent an entire day in a closet because of it once. Of course, his mother thought he was just being childish and hiding, but he was waiting for something magical to happen.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-27-2015, 12:38 AM

Harry Potter and Narnia? He finished the dishes, and went to settle down in his corner to concentrate on his phone, and the surprisingly interesting conversation. I loved Harry Potter. Call me silly, but I'm still waiting for my letter. ^^ Man he wanted one of those letters. Magic was one of the things Kenneth wanted most in the world.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-27-2015, 03:17 AM

Henry chuckled with a nod. There was a part of him that always knew no letter would come in the mail for him, so he stopped himself from wishing. There were still, so many other things he did wish though. 'I understand. It would be nice right?' Though he wouldn't admit just how much he understood, he felt very grateful that Kenneth turned out to be similar to him. It was more than he could hope for and it left his heart fluttering all over again. He wasn't really falling for Kenneth was he? Not truly, truly falling?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 12:48 AM

Are you kidding? Nice isn't even the word. Wonderful is more like it. He gave his fingers a break for a few seconds, before he went on. I wish magic were real. For more reasons then one.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2015, 02:27 AM

Henry sighed. 'I do too. But it's not.' He set his phone aside and sat up, staring at his ceiling for a second. It was perhaps a sad note to end the conversation on, but after that thought, he didn't have much else to say. He tossed his phone into a corner of his room and pulled out his laptop to stare at the results of their photo shoot. Tomorrow he could meet with his mentor and talk about the pictures, but until then he could just stare like he was so accustomed to doing.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-28-2015, 09:45 PM

He sat there waiting for another text, but nothing came. Kenneth found himself more disappointed then he'd expected, as if he and Henry were friends. Talking with the photographer had been fun. He was looking forward to seeing Henry again, so he wandered to his closet and rummaged around again. Yes, he'd left garment bags behind, but he still needed to wear something to get there. Once that was done, Kenneth slipped into bed and went to sleep, content with having found potential new friend, and safe in the knowledge that his work tomorrow would of the lighter kind.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-29-2015, 03:02 AM

Bright and early in the morning, Henry found himself biking through the streets on his way back to the studio. He had all his work stored in his backpack as usual along with his I-hate-mornings face. But of course he would never dare ignore his alarm and be late. So right on time, he walked into the studio and found Mr. Neison setting up his equipment.

"Morning," Henry grumbled, tossing his bag to the floor. The older man smiled at him.

"You did your first photo-shoot yesterday didn't you?" he asked. Henry opened his mouth; didn't manage any words. Because where could he possibly start. "I see, there's some work that needs done in the black room, so why don't we take a look at what you have during our lunch break? I look forward to it!"

Henry wasn't sure if he did, but he slipped away to the dark room where he could disappear into his thoughts alone. The camera had its own allure that he loved, but this dark space also spoke to him in another way. Even the chemicals started to smell good after a while.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-31-2015, 12:47 AM

Kenneth was expected in the office to review the work he'd done during the week. So, even tough he hated having to go into such a stuffy office building, he did because it allowed him the freedom to work from home and create his own schedule on a regular basis. How many people could say that? Not too many.

He was munching on toast when he stepped from the elevator, file folders under arm, when he spotted his friend. "Hey Lisa!" It was more of a mumble then a shout, but the pretty editor heard, and lifted her head from her cubicle with a grin.

"So what have you been up to?" said Lisa.

Kenneth shrugged. "Oh nothing much, just helping out a budding photographer. He asked me to be his model."

"What, seriously? You're kidding right?"

They went on talking like that, Kenneth mentioning who Henry was studying under, until the time for the copy editor's meeting rolled around.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2015, 01:49 AM

"How's it coming along?" The question made Henry jump and he turned to find his mentor entering the break room. Henry just spread out his lunch seconds before and Jack took the seat opposite of him. Both their eyes went to the laptop sitting at the edge of the table.

"I finished developing the negatives. Everything is ready for you to look at and do some prints," Henry mumbled, his eyes down on his ramen cup.

"Come now, I know you're dying to show me those pictures of yours. Give my work a rest," the older man said, indicating the laptop with his fork. Henry finally pulled up the files with a few nervous taps of his finger before letting his mentor see. Jack hummed and stared for a minute, every part of him focused on the pictures. When he looked away, Henry nearly shook with nerves.

"It's a good start. Keep pushing it, kid. Don't just take pictures."

Henry didn't quite understand that, but he nodded his head. If it was advice from his mentor, then he would do his best to live and breathe it.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-31-2015, 02:07 AM

Kenneth found himself sitting alone during lunch, staring at his empty plate. Lisa and James, his other friend, were still working. That left the copy editor twiddling his thumbs until he remembered his phone.

With a smile, he pulled it out and started typing. Hey, how's it going? Did your boss like the pictures?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2015, 03:27 AM

Henry got the message immediately since he'd been sitting alone in the break room for minutes, avoiding doing anything else. 'Yes, I think so?' Or at least, his mentor's words seemed to have instilled a strong desire to take many more photos and keep pushing it as Jack said. Before he could psych himself out of it, he sent another quick text. 'When can we meet again?'