Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 PM

"Can't do that love." Cross murmured and started walking deeper into the forest. It had been a slip of the tongue, he shouldn't have said that to her. Shouldn't have mentioned it. Shouldn't have been speaking to her in the first place. A soft sigh slipped past his lips again, what had been done had been done, no point in crying over spilled beans...or was it milk...?

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Youko started forward to yell at him further, finally simply curling her hands into fists and looking at the ground. “…I… I hate this place, all this stupid mystery and lies. I wish Dad never wrote that will to send me here” She hissed, nearly yelling before turning on her heel and walking back towards the school. She was almost spotted by a passing prefect, so distracted by her anger was she. Strangely, however, a flicker of shadow hid her before she returned to her dorm.

Mizuki then stepped out from a shadow where she’d been for the last five minutes, long enough to realize what had happened. She stepped out in front of him, her head bent forward and her hands curled into fists just like her sisters but her eyes held more fear then anger. “Please…. Do not speak to her in such a manner. That girl is stubborn and curious… as well as a little reckless since her family died. There is more going on then you realize… and if she gets near me or finds out about us her life will be in grave danger…”

She shivered a little, closing her eyes as she tried to recover her stirring emotion. She could not afford to be emotional.. For Youko’s sake she had to hold back. “I know you mean to help but… Don’t.” She said simply, raising her head to look at him directly in the eyes. “You don’t know what you’re interfering in…” She said quietly.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 PM

Cross's stpes stopped once again and he stretched his arms above his head, yawning as he popped his shoulders, "Help? I have no idea what you are talking about Mizuki-chan." He let his arms fall and he blinked slowly, "All I did was answer her question...and slip up a bit. I have not tried to help anyone...now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere I need to go before the we have to return to our dorms." Then he attempted to walk past Mizuki.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Mizuki instantly reached out a hand as he attempted to walk away, her claw like fingernails likely making his shoulder hurt slightly as she gripped his shoulder tightly. “She’s a smart girl… Slipping up is all it’d take. And if she does figure it out before I succeed in my intentions, she’s as good as dead and YOU will be the one who will have caused her death. I will not let you bring harm to her… and though I am merely a human turned you do not want to make an enemy of me…”

She spoke it coldly and calmly, as if she was not afraid of fighting him at all… but the devotion for the girl whom she’d said was ’just somebody who looked like her’ was clear. She’d give her life to protect what was nothing more then a human girl… Someone who had always been human and if she had her way always would be … She then turned and walked towards the dorm and school, her eyes on the ground both determined and sad.

Youko meanwhile was back at her dorm, curled up in a window seat and holding a picture book with photos of her human family. She would likely fall asleep there.. She often did. She had not meant to lose her temper but she was angry at so many things.. And this school wasn’t helping yet something always stood in her way, not allowing her to leave.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-07-2010, 12:12 AM

A dark smile alighted on Cross' lips, "Of course love." Then he continued on his way once she had released his shoulder. Eventually he cleared the trees and found himself in a secluded glade. He sat down in the grass and then fell onto his back with one arm behind his head, eyes taking in the starry night sky through a opening in the trees. He needed to clear his thoughts. One, two, three, breathe in. One, two, three, breathe out. He repeated the cycle a few times before then tension within his body left and all that remained was a feeling of calm. Then he stood up and slipped back into the trees, hand brushing against a heavily scarred tree trunk, now time to get back to the dorm house, didn't want to get caught outside after the sun was up after all.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 AM

Briefly the woman paused as he said that, saying quietly over her shoulder “Don’t call me ‘love’” before continuing on. Tough her sister Youko thought it cute Mizuki seemed annoyed by it, though why only she knew.. Bad memories. She would then go to the dorm, standing in her room at the window with her eyes on the moon. There was a faint glow in her eyes, clearly something going on. She was watching.. Though what she was watching for no one ever knew… just that she watched at night like that…

In Cross' room when he got back there would be a simple note on his pillow from Mizuki. ' Please tell no one of what I have told you...' was all it said. It contained no threat, but of course after her earlier threat what need was there of it? She'd made that she would do anything to protect Youko clear... and that Youko not finding her own secret, let alone anyone else finding it out before Youko did, was necessary to protect her life.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-07-2010, 12:26 AM

Cross stepped into his room lazily, running a hand through his hair and stiffened as he instantly noticed a different scent in the air. When he spotted the note he sighed. He closed his door behind him and picked it up, reading it quickly before placing it away neatly in one of his desks drawers. If that was what she wished. His eyes traveled to the bared windows and the full moon peeking out from the clouds. His eyes darkened slightly and he moved quickly to the other side of the room, drawing the heavy velvet curtains across the window and instantly throwing his room into darkness. Once that task was complete he sank to the floor, cradling his head in his arms. He would stay like that for the rest of the night, unmoving until somebody, anybody, decided to call on him. Then he would instantly be up and courteously opening his room door to tell them off.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 AM

Mizuki would not sleep till the moon had fully disappeared, and then she would collapse into the bed. For now during the day Youko was safe… though she feared someone may awaken her latent ability as the sun twin. Still… even one so devoted as mizuki had to sleep sometime…

Youko would show just how creative she was, however, as she snuck into the moon dorm just as the sun was rising. In truth she was feeling guilty for having shouted at the vampire male when he meant her no harm. In her hand would be some cookies she’d stolen from a batch she’d put away. It was her favorite and they were kinda expensive so she didn’t tend to share them but she figured it wise to bring a gift as an apology. She would Identify his room via instinct, as hers were always unusually strong during the day. No one knew why…

She’d open his door and step in on her own, not wanting to be spotted. Looking into the nearly pitch black room she would bite her lip, gazing into each corner. “Erm… Hello? You here? I just… wanted…to…” She trailed off as she whispered, actually a little scared now. This was a stupidly bold thing on her part to do.. But she was always a little rash until it was too late.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 PM

As his door creaked open Cross' eyes opened tiredly. It was morning, that much he could tell by the heavy feeling that had settled on his limbs. What sane vampire wanted to die that much that they would disturb him in the morning? Of course when the intruder's scent filled the room he realized that it wasn't a vampire. He knew who it was even before she spoke. He stood up and was instantly by her side, pulling the door open even more so that the light from the outside hallway spilled into his room. "What are you doing here?" he hissed before looking outside to make sure no one had seen her before pulling the girl roughly into his room by the arm and shutting the door hurriedly behind her.

"It's bad enough that this is the moon dorm, but this is also a guy's room." he muttered darkly, his voice magnified in the darkness. A moment later a few candles scattered throughout the room were lit and Cross motioned for Youko to sit somewhere. He didn't really have any chairs to offer since his room was styled to look like a traditional japanese room, though he could have had that fixed in a moment if he really wanted to. Then he sighed and disappeared into a side room momentarily. He then reappeared with a pot of steaming tea and set it on the table along with two teacups. He sat down at the small table and placed his head in his hands, "I'm sorry about that...I'm just...a little tired." he finally murmured after a long pause. "That was uncalled for." he lowered his head slightly as if in imitation of a bow, or maybe he really was tired? It was hard to tell in the dim lighting that the candles presented. In fact, they were dim enough that Youko could not have been able to see the hand Cross had fisted into the cloth of his white pants.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 PM

Youko had already been stepping inside the room when he was suddenly at her side, pushing her in with enough force she stumbled slightly. Though she hadn’t intended to stay long as he motioned her to a seat she took it. For a moment she was mute, clearly uncertain. She hadn’t thought about the whole guy room thing, but she shook it of quickly.

“here… some cookies as an apology. I just…wanted to apologize for yelling at you yesterday… I’ve been so angry since I” She paused, trying to say since her family died but ultimately she could not. Shutting her eyes briefly to block out the memory she finished, “Since I came here. You didn’t do anything wrong…” She trialed off, taking the tea and sipping a little bit but looking at the covered windows. “I’ll have to leave soon… everybody else will be waking for class soon… I can get away with sneaking out to places because I’m always up with the sun. No matter how tired I am, no matter when I sleep… It wakes me up. I’m sorry I woke you up so earlier… I just don’t have a lot of time I can sneak into here you know?” She said with a chuckle, glancing at the watch on her wrist briefly to check how many minutes more she could safely have.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Cross chuckled, slightly amused now, "Of course, I see. This isn't going to become a daily thing is it?" he hadn't really minded her yelling at him as it was partly his own fault anyway, but waking him up even if he hadn't really been sleeping was a bit dangerous even for her. Oh sure, he could hold back but still it was a risk he couldn't always take. "If you ever want to visit again, just leave me a message. Something like a code? I can't have a heart-attack every time someone comes into my room so early, love." That way he would at least have some time to prepare.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 AM

Daily thing? It was odd, it almost sounded like he wanted to be her friend. She, despite her sunny personality, really hadn’t made a lot of friends so the idea made her smile a little bit. She considered a moment as he spoke, nodding in thought but unsure. Was it really smart? It seemed to her there was some reason they were kept apart. Still… she couldn’t refuse the idea of having a friend.

She smiled then, flashing a peace sign at him and grinning before delving into her bag. She pulled out a small pad and a pencil, drawing a unique sun design she created herself. She passed it to him then, before putting her things back into her bag. “I designed that, so if you see that you’ll know it’s from me” She said cheerfully.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-08-2010, 03:40 AM

Cross unclenched his hand and took the paper from Youko. His eyes scanned the paper, the design seemed familiar for some reason. He nodded and stood up, placing the design into the desk drawer next to the note from Mizuki. He caught sight of the time and a slight groan slipped from his lips, "Come love, I'll help you get out." Without waiting for her reply he opened his room door and peeked out again, then motioned for her to follow him down the hall, sticking to the darker, unused hallways.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 AM

Youko chuckled slightly, blushing. “Hah… I can do better on my own. It’s silly to call people love though… other girls might take it personal, thanks for the tea by the way” She said quietly, following behind him a moment. She tilted her head to the side, watching as he began to lead her. She knew the in and outs of the school better then most Prefects so it surprised her that he knew of some of them. Still, she would suddenly run ahead without any sound as always. There were rumors among the other girls she was a witch or something, because of these strange abilities.

Once she was fully gone Mizuki would step from the shadows, watching after her with that same sad, longing look she often looked up at the moon with. She ran a hand through her striped hair, standing silently behind Cross a moment until she was sure the other girl was completely gone. “I told you she was a stubborn girl….” She said quietly, biting her lip slightly. “Still… if you care for her at all, you must push her away….hard. Something’s coming and I don’t know how long I can keep it away from the school…”

She turned, beginning to walk towards their room again. She looked like the weight of the world was on her slender shoulders… It was amazing she could stand up. Her carefully laid plans…. This man and Youko were both putting them in danger. She knew that it would hurt the girl, and she wasn’t so sure Cross would listen to her… but she would try.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 AM

"Push away huh?" he muttered. That hadn't worked that well last time. His eyes landed on an un-curtained window and he moved to it, pulling the curtains shut as he did, catching a glimpse of the day class students outside. They looked like they were having fun...his vision suddenly swam as he was hit with a sudden wave of exhaustion. He slumped to the floor in the hallway and laid his head on his knees. It was no surprise he was rarely able to use the bed. He couldn't even make it to the said piece of furniture before his body gave out. It seemed he was at his limit for the day.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-08-2010, 04:14 AM

Yes…” She returned, having started to walk away when she heard him fall to the floor. Sighing she walked to him, picking him up slowly and taking him to his bed. She’d lay him there then pull the blanket up over him, her eyes still dull even as she helped into bed. She stepped back a moment, looking down at him as she whispered to herself “Please… don’t put yourself or my sister in danger…” She would then head to her room, collapsing into her own bed.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 AM

Was he dreaming or not? Cross couldn't tell anymore. He was too tired to bother with trying to decipher a meaning out of anything and so just let go of his hold on his senses, letting them stretch out and fill the space around him. Just for now...he would let his guard down.

((time skip time anyone? XD))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 AM

((Lol makes sense.))

As the day passed it was the time for the night class so slowly Mizuki left her room. Ki seemed more tired then usual… distracted by something. Still, she was always quiet and seemed to stare through people so few would notice. Even vampires had others they didn’t look at closely and for most of the others in her class Ki was one of them. So she sat by the window, gazing outward at the moonlight. She could feel it … something was testing the edge of her barriers… something was trying to come into the school.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Cross was quick to jolt out of his bed, the flash that felt like lightning that had passed through him left a tingling feeling in his fingers. He reached over to his side table an picked up his glasses, sliding them onto his face delicately. Something was wrong...his eyes narrowed behind the lenses, his hands were shaking. "Tch." he slipped out of the bed and changed into a fresh uniform after taking a quick shower, seemed he was skipping class again.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 PM

Ki focused, letting her energy bleed into the barrier a little further. She had to see as much as she could. She suspected it would be one of her enemies, the one who sought her for the pureblood who turned her’s order. They couldn’t find out about her sisters rebirth… not until she was ready for Youko to awake, or it would mean the sun child’s death. Though she had managed to damage the pureblood to the point of nearly true death, still he caused such trouble! That relic… should just die already.

She was unsurprised as she saw a noble vampire cross onto the school grounds, ignoring all treaties and following the shadows. He held the mark of the pureblood tattooed on his neck… that’s all she needed to see. Nodding to herself she excused herself, saying she was feeling unwell. She heard a few snicker at her ‘weakness’ but she simply feigned a smile and headed for what would appear to be the dorm…

Appearing in a shadow near the edge of a tree she stepped out, looking at the man who now landed before her and bore his teeth at her. He shouted at her “You thought you could hide here! As if milord-” It was here the female vampire cut him off, rolling her eyes and reaching her hand above her head where a blade of strangely luminescent shadow energy and ice would form. It was a sickly looking blade and seemed to cause the male vampire to pause.

Holding it out towards the other vampire she gazed at him, her face cold and passive. “I will give you a chance to leave only once…in respect of the treaties here…. I would hate to have to kill a noble vampire…” She said quietly, the last oozing with sarcasm. The truth was she didn’t care about killing or even the treaties as much as she wanted him to leave before the sounds of a fight drew others attentions… The council was not involved, most thinking the pureblood who controlled these assassins dead by suicide, and she was not so foolish as to not know it was best for her to keep it that way no matter how little she knew of vampire politics.

Last edited by Staria; 06-09-2010 at 01:32 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 PM

It was interesting. That's all it was to Cross as he watched from just within the school's shadows. There was no need for him to step in, it wasn't his fight. And either way it would probably be his death. She was serious, that Mizuki, about protecting that other girl, Youko. Just what was it that made her so special? Cross stood stock still as he watched Mizuki pull a blade out of thin air, managing to somehow remain unfazed. For a human turned vampire, she was certainly more...adept then some of the nobles he knew. Such a pity, really, that those same noble's were now dead. They could have learned a thing or two from Mizuki about standing up for what they believed in.

As the girl spoke about killing, Cross couldn't help but let out a small snicker. After all the threats she had made against him, it really was funny. His eyes darted to the front doors of the school, maybe he could help her out just this once. He doubted that she would want anybody to walk in on her little...talk.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-08-2010, 11:59 PM

The noble vampire paused, but only for a moment. “A human turned like you…. You could never hurt me!” He taunted loudly as he started forward, his hands growing claws that glittered in the moonlight. Ki quickly jumped back out of the way, speed being her primary physical trait. He was not going to be conviant it seemed.. He was getting loud, to much danger here…

He left her no choice really…. It was this vampire or Youko, and Ki would choose Youko every time. She would have her sister who she’d thought she lost to death back… no matter how long she had to wait. Stepping to the side as he slashed at her, tripping him with one leg while gripping the hilt with both hands. With that she chopped off the other vampires head in one simple, efficient motion as he fell forward. Once Ki decided to kill someone she didn’t waste motions or time… It was clear she wasn’t kidding when she said she was not an enemy anyone… not even a pureblood, would want.

“That man… always leaves such a mess…”
She muttered to herself, the sword dissolving into nothing as she gazed at the body. Just how would she do this? She could only transport herself and someone who shared her blood through the shadows, not random unrelated vampire corpses. She used a simple gesture with her hand to cover the blood and wounds to hold them from messing on her crisp white uniform. She then reached forward to touch the body wrapped in solidified shadow, debating clearly. She then glanced up, sensing someone. Holding out her hand she summoned the strange sword of ice and shadow, expecting it might be another assassin. It would not be the first time they came in pairs though this one had seemed a bit arrogant to do that….

Last edited by Staria; 06-09-2010 at 01:31 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 12:20 AM

Oops, seemed he was caught. Cross tilted his head, debating on whether or not to step out of the shadows. Judging by the fact that she had that sword out again...stepping out it was. He held one hand behind his back, the other reaching up to cover a yawn as he stepped carefully onto the lighted path. "Hey."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 AM

“It’s you…” She said in an emotionless tone. She was either annoyed or happy judging by her words but her voice did not reveal which. She glanced at his hand behind his back and hesitated a moment but then released the hilt of the sword which disappeared in a swirl of shadow at that same instance. She then stood, brushing her skirt into place with her surprisingly clean hands.

“How much did you see… hear?” She asked quietly, her voice still that flat, empty tone. Whether she was curious or worried… god only knew. She simply stood there, studying him with her sapphire eyes. She was not interested in what he felt about it, only what he knew. She could request he keep quiet… but first she wanted to know if there was any reason.

Last edited by Staria; 06-09-2010 at 01:31 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 AM

A shrug. "All of it I suppose." he murmured, letting both hands fall to his sides and releasing the seal he had placed on the front doors. He let his eyes rake over the shadows that had enveloped the decapitated body in a bored manner. He was tired again, maybe stargazing after this conversation would be nice...