r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 AM

Olivia Bain

They had been on the island for at least two hours though time had stopped mattering ages ago. Most gave up hope of ever being found. They assumed this was a deserted island, and perhaps way smaller than it actually was. Those who were able had carried the injured victims to an area away from the tides, and away from the flaming debris. A good while had been spent trying to get as many as they could from the wreckage, but even if there had been other survivors the attempt to get to them had been suspended because it became too dangerous.

Dr. Jonathon Holverson had to be dragged away by his best friend Hector otherwise he would have been lost in the explosion when he was desperately searching for his wife. Kayla. Moments after Hector had pulled him away the plain had went up into a bright blur of flames. Anyone left in there would have been instantly baked like a turkey on thanksgiving. There could be no other survivors.

But Dr. Holverson was stuck in a delirium. Kayla had to be alive. Hector had to use his military training in order to knock him out. It was the only way of getting them to safety. Now awake, but wary the doctor tended as best he could to the survivors while Hector barked orders to the others.

Olivia Bain had been one of the last to come in. In her arms she held a small boy no older than eleven. Aside from his ash covered face, and the fact that he was clearly knocked out he appeared to be fine. Olivia was Hector’s step-daughter, and worked alongside Dr. Holverson at the hospital. She was twenty-three and well into her life. She was also well looking though at the moment she was sweaty, and a mess. Her long brown hair normally straight had curled, and matted in today’s festivities. A diagonal slash had been made across her right cheek, and many others lined the rest of her body. Still her exotic features stood out, tan skin, and large unusually colored green eyes. They almost literately looked like you were staring into a forest. She was a mixture of Arab and Caucasian. Her mother had had a thing for white males.

Dr. Holverson had been like a father to her since he and Hector had been friends all their lives and Hector had been there for her almost all of hers. Her real father was still alive, but she couldn’t remember ever knowing him. She just remembered getting a letter from him once, and then nothing. She hated seeing the doctor like this now, and hated knowing Kayla was gone now too.

Olivia laid the boy flat on the ground. “He should be fine, but watch him. Make sure John gets a good look at him though,” she said to a woman who had come to help tend. She obviously was not a medical practitioner. She was a mom though, and seemed to have enough experience to look after him.

On her way out into the forest area of the island she passed her father. “I’ll be back. I’m going with the others to try to find some supplies. They’ll need a medic out there.”

He kissed her on the forehead. “Take this with you. I don’t want you getting lost out there ok?” She nodded. “They’re a little ahead of you alright, don’t rush to find them, just keep heading west. I told them to stay on the trail. If they haven’t, that’s just oh well.”

“I’ll be alright Dad. Just take care of John. He’s a mess.” She continued out on the trail. It was easily defined by the barren road, and there was much of it ahead.

Prim

On the other end the Warden had gathered his men up in search of the five escaped prisoners. Dressed up in full black with machine guns in hand, they looked more like soldiers, than your ordinary prison guards. Of course this wasn’t your ordinary prison. Inside it was some of the most dangerous criminals. No one had ever escaped it. After a while not even the bravest souls tried to. The Warden kept both his men and his criminals well in line. Most chose to remain well behaved because they knew the punishment for stepping even the slightest out of line. The way he treated his men was enough of a reminder.

As they combed through the forest Prim was careful to stay low. Scaler had brought them out, but they were on their own now. A long time ago he had been one of those men who now perused him. A year ago though he had rebelled, and ended up one of the prisoners instead. He had looked at it at the time as a promotion. He no longer had to be one of the Warden’s mindless soldiers who barked on order. After sometime though it didn’t really matter.

He stopped near a river gazing at his reflection. 383 stood out most against his orange jump suit. The numbers looked like they had been sketched on in Sharpie. His hair he noticed had become white, but his eyes, they had not changed at all. They were still a blue that looked electric. His spirit was still alive, even if just barely.

Prim drank from the water not caring if it was contaminated. How they had made it over those iron wall gates he had no idea. He could not help to wonder if they had been merely let out. Five years in that place since he was nineteen, and it had been molded into him no one escapes. It could not have been that easy, even they had been far too careless because the warden was never careless.

He stared at his hand realizing there was blood there, and all up his arm. It was distilled. Light, but there was no doubting it.

There was a reason why they called him Scaler as there was a reason why they called him Prim. He stared horrified at the mutilated body of the prison guard. A closer observation showed his heart had been ripped out. This wasn’t just a brutal act, it was a sign. Scaler was showing them a pathway. He dragged the body out, and searched through his pocket for a metal case. He slipped into his own pocket, and headed across the river.

Last edited by r_e_n_o_Love; 05-24-2012 at 02:13 AM..

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 AM

Roland took a deep breath, and bit down on his sweater. "Just hold still, damnit." The voice was harsh, but caring. Roland watched as his friend tightened the rope around his leg, then positioned himself. "3...2..." And without saying one, he pulled the large hunk of metal out of Roland's leg. Roland screamed into the fabric, and gripped the sand that he was reclining on. After taking several deep breaths he spit out the sleeve of the sweater and watched his wound being wrapped tightly with what used to be one of his favourite shirts. "Hey! Not so tight, I don't need my foot falling off." Roland pleaded. "Seriously though, thanks Fisher. Feels better already."

As Fisher finished wrapping up Roland's leg, he sighed and shook his head. "Hell, if rescue don't come soon, it wont matter if you have a leg or not. We ain't got much left, and I don't know where the hell we are." There was a hint of a southern accent as he talked, and his looks seemed to match. Even through the soot and grim you could make out well chiseled features, and a tan skin. Not from genetics, but from long days in the sun. Typical of this, he was a dirty, sandy blonde, that was cut at his ears, slightly shaggy. He was a well built man, and looked like he worked outside, which made sense, considering his family owned a ranch, where he spent most of his time. His shirt was off, but his chest looked rather unscathed. It seems other than dirty, he was fine. Lucky him.

It was a different case for his friend Roland, His leg had been impaled by a large chunk of metal, his arms were scratched and bleeding, and he was completely out of it. "Had to take the window seat, didn't I?" He tried to chuckle, and make light of what was a very serious situation. But before his friend could even reply, they heard the explosion, and the ground shake. What was left of the plane was now completely gone. Anyone left was... well, Roland preferred not to think about it. With a heavy sigh he fell sideways, landing roughly against his carry-on, which thankfully he had out at the time, and it survived. As did most of Fishers. As he landed his hair fell into his face. It was cut just at his ears, shaggy and a a reddish-brown colour. Unlike his friend he was pale and slender, though he had sharply cut features, and a few freckles speckled across his cheekbones and nose. He was kind of scrawny, but not overly so.

"Hey. You can't go to sleep. We don't know if everything is already in your head, yet." Fisher nudge his friend, but it was pretty much useless. Roland was out. "Damn fool, going to die if'in he doesn't listen." Shaking his head he stood up with a grunt. Up until now he hadn't really payed attention to how many other people survived, if any, that is. There was a group, just a short bit away, he jogged over to them, "Hey, my friend over there, he ain't so good. But he wont stay awake, got any time for him? And I'm doin' fine, I can help if ya'll need something lifted or anything, really." As he spoke he offered a broad smile, trying to lighten the mood, even a little bit.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 PM

“Where going to have to move these people up to higher ground soon,” Hector said coming in. “Tides are coming in.” He looked over at his friend. John was hunched over a woman’s body. Suddenly he brought his hand over her eyes, and closed them. Hector sighed. They weren’t going to survive here much longer. Not many of them at least. There was only a small group of them not battered, and injured. Others had barely any skills for survival. What chance did they have if help didn’t come soon?

John rose up pausing as he felt Hector grip his shoulder. He shook his head. “She’s gone.” He stared at the woman, but Hector knew who he was talking about. Kayla. It was hard for either of them to believe she was gone. “I can’t do anything more for these people.” But more than that John’s spirit had died along with her. He had lost the love of his life, his happiness, and every reason for living. The only thing left of him now was an empty shell.

“John they need you. You can’t just give up….”

He shook his head looking wearied eyed into an empty space. Both men stood there in silence until they heard Fisher speak out. John lowered his head while Hector went over to him. He took a good look at Roland before rubbing the back of his head. “I’ll have my friend get a look at him. Um….” He picked up Roland. “We sent out a party out to scout for supplies. If you want to join them they’re up on the trail ahead.” Hector was small in comparison to John, but then again the doctor had always looked like he belonged on the football team. Funny enough he had never played. Instead he had spent most of his younger days in the theater. Hector though was still well built, and had no trouble carrying Roland in his arms.

“John. We could really use you over here. I think this kid might have a concussion.” John’s movements were slow coming over. If there was any booze here he would have suspected him of being drunk. In this state you would figure he would be useless, but even now the doctor seemed at the top of his game. He was like a machine working on program, never fully aware of what he was doing. "I'll tag along if you'd like."

Precarious Fool

Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Fisher stood, shifting awkwardly from side to side. Clearly John had lost someone on the plane, that's why he was... well, not in a good mental state. But had Fisher lost Roland, he likely wouldn't be much better off. A small sigh escaped him as Hector carried Roland over. He really needed his friend to be okay, it was his fault they were here anyways. Roland didn't even want to come, but Fisher begged and pleaded until the man gave in, and here they were. Hector's words snapped Fisher out of his thoughts and he nodded. "Yeah. I can go see what they need. I was a boy scout, I think I can handle this." He chuckled awkwardly, wondering if they'd think he was wrong for trying to make a joke.

"Take good care of my friend there. Let him know I'll be back when he wakes up." Fisher shrugged and looked at the trail, wondering how long ago they left. Shaking his head, he took off in a job towards the trail Hopefully he wasn't too far behind. A little bit of jogging was all it took though, before he could see a woman on the trail. "Hey, wait up!" Fisher cried out, picking up his pace a bit to get closer.

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 05-29-2012, 11:24 PM

Camp Site

“Good. We’re going to need your type out there,” Hector said with clear amusement in his tone. A boy scout. He had been a boy scout once too. It was like every moment in his life had been preparing him for this. For survival. To think he might be one of the lucky few to survive this saddened him, but then believing he could also be a savior made it all worse. He didn’t want people relying on him too heavily. His only responsibility was to himself, Olivia, and John. He had already reaped the consequences of being responsible for too many.

“We’ll take good care of him.” He set him down into John’s care. John made sure the boy’s head was elevated, and went to work with what little supplies they had on hand. Hector half expected him to say something that would reassure him he was at least half way there. The doctor worked silently barely looking up at either of them until Fisher was out of site.

“He’s lucky.” Hector tossed him his stone blade, and John tore through Roland’s pants to get to his injured leg.

“Does that mean he’s going to make it?”

“No.” It wasn’t definite, but Hector got an eerie feeling just the same. No survivors lighted the eyes of his companion.

Olivia Bain

She had gone a good way out, yet it was not far enough to be surprised at seeing no one ahead of her. The birds were silent though. Surely there was some kind that could be found out here. Her eyes caught a flicker of orange from behind the trees. She kept her focus on the spot as she continued on. Clearly she had to be seeing things. If it had been one of the other passengers they would have called out, and there couldn’t be others. Surely not others.

She heard treading behind her. Her heart began racing. The incidences had come to close together for comfort, and she wasn’t altogether there. Shortly though she heard his voice call out at her, and she turned around smiling, covering her chest. “Good. You’re one of us. I half expected to turn around, and see a spear pointed at my head.” She remembered seeing him at the airport before boarding. It was nice to see a familiar face, no matter if he was technically a stranger. Nearly falling to her death had left her in a daze. “I thought I… never mind….” It was too silly to talk about.

“I’m Olivia by the way,” she said holding out her hand as if this were your typical, casual first greeting.

Prim

He had them gathered up like cattle. The strangeness was none of them belonged here. What threat did they pose to be held at gun point? “Please,” a woman begged. She was middle aged. Her blonde hair was graying, and lacked luster. She kept it tied back, but a lot of it was toppled over her head. Her eyes were rimmed with dark circles. Cuts, and bruises covered most of her body. She wore a pink sleeveless blouse. Her shorts were white along with her shoes. She looked ready for a vacation.

There were two other men with her. One seemed to be watching her closely, husband no doubt. They had him cut away from her, on the ground like he might have tried to act up earlier. The Warden stood inside a jeep in the shadows.

Prim could see him lift his thumb up, then turn it to the side. Death. He scattered out. The moment they finished here they would be looking for him, and the others. Behind him he expected to hear the sound of gunshots going off. Silencer. They had to in order to not tip off the others. Where was the screaming though? There was no hiding that.

He didn’t stop running to find out. He could taste their blood in the air. They were dead.

Last edited by r_e_n_o_Love; 05-31-2012 at 09:07 PM..

Precarious Fool

Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 AM

Roland seemed to fade in and out, and at one point his eyes flickered open. What he expected to see was Fisher, his friend and what he really needed at this point. Instead all he saw was two strange men... well, mostly strange. He had at some point seen them on the plane, or waiting to get on, but he didn't know their name. "Where's F-Fisher?" He managed to gasp out, but his throat was dry, and his voice cracked. A small sigh escaped him as his head lolled to the side, his hair falling in his face. He was still so out of it, and tried to convince himself this was nothing more than a horrible, yet painful dream.

---

Just before he could call out again, the woman turned around. He stopped and caught his breath, kicking himself for not being active these last few weeks. The partying and pigging out with Roland was hitting him hard right now. "Sorry to scare yah like that, ma'am. Just didn't want to lose yah." He offered a genuine smile, and pushed his hair back out of his face. "Olivia? My name is Fisher." As he spoke he shook her hand. "Are you out here all by yourself?" He didn't see anyone around, but he couldn't believe that with someone like Hector, and a few of the other men, that they would let her go all by herself. "I mean... n-not that you can't take care of yourself, just... we don't know what all is out here. Could be some strange things in these parts." An awkward smile crossed his face as he ran his fingers through his hair.

He knew they should get moving, they didn't need to be out here in the dark. But what were they even supposed to look for? What was even on this island. Taking a deep breath he looked off further down the trail, and took a few steps, expecting her to follow. Why couldn't they just talk and walk?

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 AM

Camp Site

Both men were surprised to see him awake so soon. John finished taking out the last bit of debris he could find in his leg. “He went off to join the search group. He’ll be back soon.” He glanced over at the doctor moving away. “You on the other hand should lie still awhile longer. You’ve had a rough day.”

John comes back over with a green mush. “This should keep out infection. Won’t hurt a bit.” He applies it gingerly to Roland’s leg.

Olivia Bain

Olivia smiled turning her head slightly to the side when he mentioned other people. She shook her head, and laughed lightly at his fumbling. It was cute in an odd way. Something you would expect of a high school or younger boy. “Don’t worry about it. I understand.” She thought back to the orange spot she had seen earlier, then quickly brushed him from her mind. “I had hoped to run into someone else by now though. I guess that’s what I get for lagging behind.” She began moving alongside him.

“It still feels weird. I was supposed to be doctoring children in India about this time tomorrow, but right now I’m feeling totally useless.” She smirked. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be telling you these things.” It was true. This trip had actually been for her. They were going to head into Europe, then leave early the next morning for India. Her dad was going to stay with them for a week, then head off back home to her mother. John was there to help, but he had his job he still needed to tend to. Olivia was going to remain over there for the next couple of years as a doctor, and to study medicine.

Last edited by r_e_n_o_Love; 05-31-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Precarious Fool

Old 05-31-2012, 02:14 PM

Camp Site

Roland winced and bit his lip. The pain was finally starting to come to him, and it was quite brutal. Taking a deep breath he nodded and laid back, resting his head on his arms folded behind him. He wasn't too beaten up other than his leg, but what scared him is the fact that he might not be able to walk for awhile, if ever. Was he going to lose his leg? Shaking his head, Roland closed his eyes and tried not to think about it. His eyes flickered open long enough to watch the man rub the green mush like stuff on his leg. It made him wonder if this was something he had, or just found on the island. Was he crazy for trusting this man?

Trail

Fisher smiled and nodded, "Well hopefully we'll find some others soon." He tried to pick up his pace a bit, but he was tired, he wouldn't lie about that. Plus, what if she couldn't move as fast as he could? Yet it was going to be dark, and he didn't want to be in these parts in the dark.

His head snapped to the side, and he almost didn't hear her. He had been distracted by something moving in the trees a bit away from them, and it didn't seem like some small little animal. Shaking his head he tried to dismiss it, not wanting to scare the girl. "India, eh? This was my first time leaving the country, Roland and I we're going to backpack in Europe. Pretty silly, compared to what you're up to." A laugh escaped him, and he looked up the trail ahead of him. He could see footprints, so they had to of gone this way, but how did they get so far ahead?

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 PM

Camp Site

John got up, and Hector smiled. “There all better now. Too bad we don’t have anything to wrap it up though.” It was just the two of them now. The doctor had already begun nursing another patient. No survivors. Maybe it was all in his head. Maybe he was the only one between the two of them actually giving up hope. He had never been much of an optimist anyhow. Not since he joined the army. He bit his lip and he could feel the cracking. Water. Food. Higher ground. Survival. Survive.

“Hector, and that’s my buddy Dr. Holverson over there though I’m sure he wouldn’t mind you calling him John. We’re all about equal here wouldn’t you say?” He chuckled. Titles really were meaningless. They were pieces of papers back home. Home. Home with his wife, and Olivia. He gazed over in the direction of the trail. At least someone should have been back by now. No survivors. Perhaps they got overly enthusiastic, and went further ahead?

You’re going to die here Hector Alexander Hall…. He could taste the warm metallic ooze in his mouth, but it was the sudden hotness in his chest that threw him off guard. “Son of a bitch,” he muttered falling down to his knees. “Bullet….”

Olivia Bain

“Backpacking in Europe ay?” There was a bit of deviousness in her grin. “No. It sounds fulfilling.” It sounded like an adventure. After all this maybe she would go on her own, if adventure was still in her. This wasn’t like the movies after all or the wild books she had read. In about a day they would be found. The flames of the plane most likely hadn’t burned out, and surely the pilot had radioed in before….. She couldn’t remember before. What had in fact happened before the plane went down?

The footprints caught her attention. A chill went up her spine, and it was like a sort of sixth sense opened up. The ones here were dry. The ones ahead looked like they were being wiped away. No they had never been there to begin with. She pulled out the compass her dad had given her. She appeared to be studying it as they walked on, but in truth she was contemplating. Keep your mind clear Princess, her dad’s voice echoed.

Further ahead there was a bush with broken branches. Someone had gone through there. Keep walking Olivia, she told herself. She hadn’t realized she had stopped until she found herself bending over. After pushing away some of the branches she discovered a white shoe. It had been tied here not simply left behind. Why would somebody do that, if not trying to convey a message?

Prim

Prim opened up the metal canister he had stolen off the dead guard. Inside it was a packet of tobacco, rolling paper, and a zippo. He rolled it up, and then lit it taking a slow drag. It was exhilarating. In the distance he could hear a man, and woman talking. He laughed. “Dead. Dead. Dead.”

Precarious Fool

Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 AM

Roland sighed softly and nodded. I'm going to lose my leg. Then I'm going to die. That was all he could think at this point, it was all he knew. He had seen enough movies, heard enough stories, his leg was going to get infected, they would say they could save him, and cut off his leg, but he would be slow, useless, and be one of the first to go. Better to go first than last, eh? Shaking his head he tried to rid himself of those thoughts. That wasn't what he needed right now. He needed to keep his mind clear, stay awake, and survive. Help would come soon, the plane would have sent out distress signals, the coast guard was likely on their way now, and in just a few hours, they would be on a ship, wrapped in those funny foil blankets, and sipping hot chocolate until they made it back to civilization. Yes. Hot chocolate and a hotel bed in no time.

"Hector? John? My name is Roland. And that guy that I was with, his name is Fisher. He'll be the most help of the two of us." Roland managed a small smile, and nodded his head while trying to sit up a bit. Suddenly he wasn't so tired, yet he wasn't sure why. He noticed Hector glancing towards the trail, and he too wondered how long they had been gone. And what was out there. A dangerous tribe? Drug cartels who use the island? Vicious animals? Anything, and Fisher had just went out without any sort of protection. Shaking his head he looked to the ground.

It wasn't until he heard Hector mumble something, and the man dropped to his knees in front of him. At first he didn't understand, but then the word clicked. "Bullet." He muttered under his breath. Shit. Where had that come from? Instead of dropping to the ground like he should have, he glanced behind him, trying to see if there was anything, or anyone there. All the while he screamed, "Help! Gun!" Trying to get everyone's attention.

-----------

Fisher laughed and shook his head, "Just something silly to get the adventure out of our system, and to say we did it." He shrugged and continued to follow beside her, listening carefully to the sounds around him, and wondering why everyone was so far ahead. Had that much time really passed between them getting off the plane and getting out here? It felt like ages, but it couldn't have been much more than a few minutes. Yet still, no one.

What he didn't notice was the footprints, before he could, Olivia was staring at her compass and he was busy watching her, trying to see what she was up to. "Something up?" But he wasn't sure she even heard him. She seemed distracted by something in the bushes. At first he didn't follow, figuring it to be some animal or plant or something that she was interested in. But before he could say anything, urging her to continue on, he glanced over her shoulder.

"A shoe?"

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM

Camp Site

Please to meet you, he would have said. He had smiled at least before the bullet hit.

John pushed ¬Roland down and used his body as a shield in case any other bullets came towards them. Around them people stared dumbly at their surroundings. There were very few others who were capable of doing anything. The rest were of no use. Someone was going to run soon, and then the rest would follow. Hector grabbed onto John’s arm. “Get Roland out of here.” John looked down at Roland. His hand rested on the boy’s chest. It would be one or the other, him, or Hector. He had already lost enough.

“Don’t John. Please don’t.” Hector pulled John over to him. “Listen to me.” He would not look at him. “Listen to me John!” He could tell very easily what was going through his friend’s mind. “You know better than I do he’s got a better chance out there.” There was hate in the doctor’s eyes, rage. If he didn’t convince him out of it he would leave Roland for dead.

“I’ll take you,” John said to Roland. There was a twinge of bitterness in his tone. He offered him his hand after he had gotten up. In the meantime Hector had laid himself down.

Olivia Bain

“Yeah. I don’t….” She looked back at Fisher. “I think I’m going to go investigate this. You should probably head back to camp. I wouldn’t want you getting lost along with me.” She smiled at him to lighten the situation. In her quick inspection she had discovered specks of blood behind the tongue. Olivia hoped he didn’t notice it too. This was a lure for sure, and she rather go at it alone. At least this way Fisher had the chance to stay alive and alert the others something was wrong. She wanted to see if she had the chance of saving someone, if not discover what had happened to the owner of this shoe. Obviously it was not an animal, and certainly not an accident.

There was someone here who most likely wanted them disposed of.

Precarious Fool

Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM

(I'm so sorry I disappeared, between having a baby and just everything in my life going crazy, I didn't have time for Mene. Did you still want to continue this?)

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM

If you are up to it, I defiantly am. And don't worry about it. I totally understand. I actually haven't been on mene in a while because of school, and stuff. But yeah I'd defiantly be up to still rp with you, and you can take your time.

Precarious Fool

Old 11-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Roland couldn't react fast enough, so it was by grace that John pushed him down and shielded him, otherwise he would likely be dead. But who would be shooting at them? First their plane crashes and now this? Something wasn't right, and he just wanted to get out of here.

Lost in his thoughts he missed the beginning of the conversation, but he came back in just to hear them discussing him. He hated being weak, and that they were even worrying about how to save him. Perhaps he could help himself? He tried to adjust himself, and move his leg. That brought nothing but sharp pain and nearly made him black out. "Damn..." he grumbled as he looked to John and Hector. "Don't worry about me, I'm just a stranger."

---

"What kind of cowboy would leave a lady behind?" Fisher joked with a broad smile, half joking but implying that he wasn't about to just leave her there. "And even if I made it back to camp, I'd still be lost. We're all lost on this island. I'm not going anywhere." That was that. He wasn't about to go anywhere, surely not leave her behind, not knowing what was in the forest. But then again, he didn't notice the blood, or suspect that anything could be wrong. Had he, he might had made them both go right back to camp, instead of follow this lead. As far as Fisher was concerned, he figured it wasn't much more than one of the people on the plane got spooked by an animal and lost their shoe in the process.

"Let's find out where they went."

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 11-30-2012, 06:16 AM

Just wanted to say I shall try posting soon

r_e_n_o_Love
*^_^*

Old 12-25-2012, 06:07 AM

“You listen to me kid. John’s gonna take good care of you, and you let him,” Hector said.

John nodded, and refusing to let any more time be wasted, threw Roland’s arm over his shoulder. He lifted him up swift, and hopefully without struggle. Almost as soon as he had managed to steady them out the bullets came flying out again. They were lucky. Bullets came their way managing to only hit the ground.

The air clouded around them blocking any direct shots. John was no expert on war tactics, but it didn’t take much for him figure out now was as good as time as any to escape into the denseness of the forest. He had no chance for a proper goodbye.

“Roland I’m going to throw you over my back, ok?” he said once they were in the clear. “It may sound a little silly, but we’ll be able to travel faster. Once we’re safe I’ll figure out something that will help you to at least move somewhat on your own.”

------

“Humph.” She should have known better than to have expected any less. ‘Last I checked most men don’t tend to let women wander off into scary places all by themselves. Well any real men,’ her father would have told her.

“Thank you.” Olivia was a bit pleased he wouldn’t leave her. At the same time she still worried. Well what could she do about it now? She could always run off and leave him behind. She was quick. What sense would that make though? Besides what was she expecting to do all on her own? The orange blur flashed into her mind again. What way had it gone?