NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 AM

"I was just... Wondering, is all," Callum adjusted himself so he was embracing the demon tightly to his chest. "I mean, you look barely of age, and it worried me for a bit." Until he proved just how of age he was... Callum shuddered with pleasure. He really hadn't felt this good before in his life, even in his teen years when he 'went solo', watching what he could to get him through.

"It's nice to be with someone, don't you think?" he commented, breathing in the scent he had come to know and love, after only a couple of nights with Rune. "I wonder if having a boyfriend would be like this..." He was speaking his thoughts out loud now, not afraid what the incubus would think of him.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 AM

Rune lifted his mint-eyed gaze to meet Callum's. Having a... what? Rune had to remember what he was, where he was... It was hard to let the realization keep him from those thoughts he wanted to have, but he sighed lightly, burying his face in the human's chest. "I wish I could think like that." He murmured. "I do sometimes... Even before now. I mean, my kind don't really get into serious relationships, so it's kind of been... a taboo type of thought for me. Like I'm not supposed to think things like that."

He paused, curling like a cat to be a little closer to the human. "Why have you never been in a relationship?" He asked tentatively. Some people didn't really like talking about it, and Rune hoped he didn't bring up a sensitive subject.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 AM

Callum sighed, rolling onto his back and staring up at the mirror on the ceiling. He was looking right into his blue eyes, wondering the same thing. "I guess... I was never really interested in anyone. I mean, I wasn't even sure if I'd like to be with a male... With you..." He looked at the reflection of Rune, wishing he wasn't hiding his beautiful naked body under the sheets. "I had a brief relationship with a girl when I was in high school, though she ended it because I wasn't too interested in her."

"What about you? Do incubi and succubi fall in love? Get into relationships? If succubi can get pregnant, I suppose there is some sort of... Something there..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 AM

Rune moved his head a bit, staring up in the same direction Callum did. It was a strange sight, the reflection, but strangely natural. Like he should have gotten used to something like this a long time ago. He propped himself up on an elbow, feeling too awake to lie around placidly. "We might feel affection for one another." He said. "But I've never heard of a demon falling in love with another demon. You could consider conception more of a day-long ritual, in which incubus and succubus evaluate one another, though it's the succubus that has the last word, because she carries the child. There's little... real feeling involved."

That sounded so harsh. Sounded like some pack of wild animals or something. Rune shook his head, cradling his head so he could look at Callum specifically, instead of at the mirror. "I guess I've heard of my kind falling for someone, once or twice... But it's so rare... I don't know what happens to them, if they find some quiet place to hide away and live or if they... go somewhere far away." He'd thought about that, going far away. He'd never been brave enough to leave the city in worry that it might be worse out there.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-15-2013, 01:02 AM

Callum stared at Rune's green eyes in the reflection. But what of an incubus and a human falling in love? Surely that had never happened before... And if it did, the human was sure to have died. He didn't want to think about it. Was he in love with Rune? Or did he simply enjoy the creature's company? He couldn't tell. He rolled back over, his back to Rune as he closed his eyes. He really did feel tired... He hoped the incubus wouldn't be too sad if he fell asleep right now...

Soon he was in a deep sleep, breathing deeply as he struggled to recharge his batteries. It was hard to feel refreshed around an incubus.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:32 AM

Rune couldn't help but smile as Callum fell asleep. Soon enough the human's breathing was gentle and even, and he was careful as he moved. He slid an arm around the human, lightly squeezing him so he wouldn't wake up, and moved carefully to stand up. He felt a bit weak in the knees, but still so energetic. He'd never felt quite as awake before, or nearly as confident. He didn't shake quite as bad anymore, and never felt his heart beating in his throat at the thought of finally having someone even take a minuscule amount of interest in him.

He'd never had to creep about his room before, but felt a strange thrill about doing so, creeping into his bathroom to clean up and dress himself, and brush his hair. That little bit of demonic narcissism did exist in Rune, and it came out when one regarded his hair. He'd twist and turn it, often run his hand through it, and made a point to brush it though it never knotted up or became a mess. He stared into the vanity mirror, moving a little so it reflected Callum, and smiled. He felt almost normal now.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-15-2013, 01:43 AM

Callum woke early in the morning, remembering that he had work that day as well. He moaned slightly at how sore his muscles felt, and heard his stomach grumble loudly. He rolled over and sighted Rune, looking as beautiful as ever. He couldn't help but to kiss the creature's perfect lips before sliding out of the bed. "Can I use your shower?" he asked, knowing he wouldn't have enough time to go home for one before he went to work. He located his clothes, finding it odd how comfortable he was to walk around naked in front of the incubus.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:06 AM

Rune's gentle energy kept him awake most of the night, staring at Callum as he rolled this way, that way. He lightly petted his wildly curly, angel-like hair and slid his fingers very lightly down his face, until he woke on his own. He sat back on his knees, watching Callum get up and move about the room. "Of course you can!" Rune said lightly. It was common for a client to use the bathroom of the incubus or succubus they spent time with, and honestly, a little odd if they didn't. Rune watched Callum, staring even as he disappeared, and found himself licking his lips absently. He was built so perfectly, at least, that was what Rune thought. Perfect for him, at least, and clothes did hide that. For a moment he couldn't help but imagine that they lived in a quiet, secluded place away from the eyes of others, rendering clothing unnecessary, but he shook that thought away quickly.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 AM

Callum was pleased to have a shower to wash away the sticky sweat on his body and to massage his aching muscles back into life. The bathroom was small, but fancy, with a shower that was only blocked off by a glass screen. The white tiled floors felt nice underfoot as Callum turned the shower on and found the perfect setting. He stood under the hot water, watching steam cling to the glass. He half expected Rune to join him, or at least to watch him shower for a bit. He would have liked the company.

He found the various soaps and body washes, settling with one that smelt like musk and vanilla. He wasn't one to like fruit-scented things too much. When he was done, he turned the water off and stepped onto the non-slip mat, finding a white fluffy towel to dry him self with. He then dressed himself and glanced at his reflection in the mirror. He didn't seem to need a shave too badly, so he ignored that fact as he entered Rune's room.

"I have to go..." he said to the young incubus, feeling bad that he had to leave so soon. He walked over and hugged Rune tightly, kissing him on his forehead. "I'll be seeing you again real soon... I had a lot of fun last night." He smiled sadly as he left Rune's room, leaving the house without running into anyone else. Once he closed the door to the Rough Diamond and turned around, he almost ran into a tall incubus. This one had curly black horns, similar to a ram's, a long tail that flicked with annoyance, long blue hair and dark eyes that seemed almost black.

"S-sorry," Callum apologised for almost running into him. He walked past the blue incubus and hailed a taxi, wondering who the newcomer was.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 AM

Rune felt a sense of loneliness as Callum parted ways, leaving quickly. Of course he had a job, things to take care of, and the undercity was no place for a human to remain permanently. For a couple days, at the most, but usually they began to dislike the way the cavernous roof seemed so stunted in comparison to the sky, and how dark it was, even during the 'day'. The demons could garner a little sympathy that way, at least. "See you... soon." Rune sighed, feeling as if he were really attaching to this man. Perhaps it would have been better if he couldn't be specific to one person, so none of those wild thoughts could worm their way into his head. He would have gotten over his fear, Rune was sure, and perhaps get into the role of demon, of incubus, the way he was meant to. The way he was born to be.

Standing, Rune absently felt of his horns. Still sharp, they cut his finger when he ran one over their tip, but also still small. He'd learned in school that a demon's horns would grow with age, and experience. His should have been a little larger than this, should have started angling backward by now. Perhaps now they would grow a bit more. They'd become prominent, the way a demon's horns should be at this age. He left his room, pulling the door almost closed but not latching it, and went downstairs. He wasn't looking for breakfast, but rather, a book or some sort of reading to keep him occupied enough to avoid any conversation. The young demon felt almost willing to go out and about on his own. Wearing the clothes Aki had helped him choose only did well to increase his confidence enough so he felt almost confident enough to meet the eye of whomever he passed, or hold his head up a little more, even by himself.

The door opened suddenly, and instinctively, Rune glanced around. Someone had come in, but not a human. Not a client, for sure. His black eyes looked... intense, and his hair made Rune think about a clear sky on the other side of a sunset. Dark, very dark blue. His horns were longer, and curled, and his very presence made the young incubus turn away and huddle into the couch's soft back, hiding behind the cover of a book he wasn't really focusing on now.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 AM

Todd opened the door to his office to see who had just walked in, crying out in joy when he saw who it was. "Azure! Oh! What a surprise! We thought you were in Paris?" He went over to the blue incubus and shook his hand with a wide grin. "Please... I suppose you are here to see Aki?"

The incubus called Azure nodded, his eyes sliding from Todd and into the living room, where he saw Rune sitting and reading a book. He let Todd rush to get Aki and joined the silver haired incubus in the room, sitting on the sofa beside him. He leaned in, pulling the book away and slowly running his long and delicate fingers through Rune's hair. He was curious when the young incubus recoiled and backed away. Before he could speak, a voice sounded from the doorway into the living room.

"Azure! What are you doing here?" Aki sounded mad, and he stood with his arms crossed. His face, however, showed just how happy he was to see Azure again. He walked over and pulled the bigger incubus off of Rune. "Rune is exclusive. You can't touch him."

"Exclusive... Hmm?" Azure finally spoke, smirking as he looked at Rune. His voice was deep, and dark, and yet so smooth. "I must say... I haven't met an incubus that's become a human's pet..."

Aki sighed and took the blue demon's hands into his, looking deep into his eyes. "Babe, you didn't come all this way to insult my friends... Why are you here?" Aki asked, tip-toeing slightly so he could plant a kiss on Azure's lips. Azure reacted quickly, embracing Aki tightly and kissing him back, forcing his tongue into the other's mouth and biting on Aki's lip until it bled. Aki blushed and pushed him away slightly, wiping the blood from his mouth.

"Not now," Aki scolded, throwing Rune an embarrassed look. "Rune, this is Azure... He used to work here... He is... Well, was like us in many ways... He doesn't... Um..." Aki paused and surveyed his friend.

"I don't sleep with humans," Azure finished Aki's sentence. "And I am Aki's fiancé."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 AM

Rune was left grasping for the book again, somewhere just an inch out of his reach, feeling his newfound confidence suddenly draining away as if he'd had a plug pulled somewhere. He was almost wiping away the other incubus's touch as if it were lingering on his hair, like a cat remarking its territory after an intruder waltzed through. Azure? It seemed whomever named him had made sure even the colorblind knew of his tones, unless name or hair tone had changed at the demon's decision. Rune shook his head, coming back to reality in time to hear the newcomer speak, but that only served to put more questions in Rune's head than answers. He'd never, ever heard of a demon marriage actually holding merit, actually existing outside warnings or stupid little tales one told young demons.

He startled, shaking his head. "U-um, congrats, Aki... A-and Azure." He slid across the couch, abandoning his book and standing on shaking legs. This blue-toned demon... He just didn't like the way his eyes pierced. And they, coupled with his earlier words (a human's pet?) had a familiar weight settled behind Rune's eyes. He edged toward the door. "I-I was just... gonna go. Out, I mean. Um, r-right, so..." He found the doorknob and flung the door open, sliding out quickly and leaning against the wall as soon as he made it to the sidewalk. He didn't like Azure. There was something... wrong with him... But Rune would have died before he told Aki. Would have cut his own tongue out. Aki was happy, and if he was happy, it didn't matter what Rune thought. Rune's thoughts were probably skewed by his intense first impression of the demon, anyway. Still, he felt so nervous, walking alone, oddly alone. Usually Aki was with him, or in recent cases, Callum, who had gone off to work on the surface. He sighed, deciding to go back to that little bar. It would probably calm him, anyway, that quiet, dark atmosphere.

"Hey... Hey!" A darkly-tanned hand reached out to a passerby with a photo. "You see this guy recently? Or, I mean, at all? No...? N-hey! C'mon, there's like a definite yes or no here! I mean, look at'em, he's gonna stand out, ain't 'ee?" The form sighed in exasperation, leaning against the light post he was in front of. He'd been at it for a week now, carrying the most recent picture he had, keeping one hand obsessively over the hat on his head and baggy pants at the ready from one day to the next. He honestly looked like a bum, but he couldn't care any less now. Sighing, he glanced around for a bus stop; perhaps he could try the upper city, where the big-wigs and high-class lived...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 01:23 AM

Aki scowled at Azure and chased after Rune, wondering why he seemed so upset. He caught up with him down the street, calling his name. "Rune! Are you okay? Azure is a bit... Over-bearing at first. You'll get used to him, darhling," he stopped and panted heavily. He hadn't had anything to eat for a day now, and being around Azure always drained him. "Don't listen to him, I'm not marrying him or anything... He just likes being... Weird."

The tailless incubus straightened up and smiled at Rune, wondering why he looked so... different. Perhaps all this time with his human companion was changing him for the better. "He... It's hard to explain... But he was a good friend of mine during school. He stood up for me when others were teasing me about having no tail... He was also my first... So... He does mean a lot to me. But I don't want you uncomfortable around him. I can teach you how to stop him from draining you too much, if you'd like... When you come home from your walk..."

Aki decided to leave his friend alone, smiling at him and patting his back. "I'm proud of you Rune." He turned and left, going back to the mansion to find Azure waiting for him in his room. His heart was beating funny. He never felt like this around his clients. Maybe he was in love with Azure, but...

-

Callum couldn't stop thinking about Rune all day long. He couldn't even concentrate on his numbers. He talked to his friend, Rory about what he did last night over lunch and the younger man seemed to think it was funny that Callum enjoyed seeing Rune for more than just sex.

"I was thinking of getting him a cellphone... So we could text each other during the day," he told Rory, wondering how silly he seemed. The man laughed loudly and nearly spilt his coffee over his suit.

"You're sounding dangerous, Callum. I wouldn't want you falling for him and then dying for it... You hear about what happened to that guy that married a succubus... Not only did his child die at birth, but he died from exposure to the creature 24/7. And then they had destroy her, due to the laws... You wouldn't want that to happen to Rune, would you? I think you should see someone else, rather than sticking to one incubus."

Callum stared hard into his drink, listening to what Rory was saying, but not agreeing at all. He wouldn't be able to do that to Rune, just cast him aside for someone else. He knew that it would hurt the creature to see him with someone else.

After lunch, he went to a local phone store, buying a decent one that could receive and send texts and phone calls. He paid a courier to send it down to Rune, with a letter from him and instructions on how to use the phone. Callum had learnt that incubi and succubi were gifted every now and then from their clients and were allowed to keep the presents.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 AM

Rune was left feeling shellshocked after Aki left. Perhaps---no, he was definitely right in what he said. No doubt Rune had taken the initial meeting for much more than what it was worth, and overreacted. He was still unnerved, though, as he continued on his way, entering the quiet little bar and finding nothing changed. It was still free of most people, besides the bartender leaning heavily on the unpolished, scratched wood in front of a wall of glass booze bottles, most full, others only half-empty. He stepped up to the squat demon and set down his ID and a fold of money. "I want that bottle." He muttered, nodding to the Silverfin wine bottle. The demon looked at him incredulously, but did as the younger one requested, sliding it over the bar face and taking the money, leaving Rune to sit in the corner with the mostly-full bottle and stare at it. The glass was stringed with real silver, not rare in the undercity or the cities below, and tiny, minuscule bubbles rose from the bottom. Yesterday one glass had already had him a little dizzy, so he didn't know how an unspecified amount coming from a relatively full bottle would handle. He'd probably not even be able to stand up straight.

Still, Rune sighed, and took a few quick, deep gulps from the touchy liquid. Instead of feeling satiny, it was rougher, and burned on the way down in a way that made Rune grimace. He just didn't know how to take it all, now. Didn't know how to handle the strange differences that began showing themselves. He felt like a stranger now, like some parasite had wormed its way under his skin and took him over, and all he could do was watch. Maybe he couldn't handle being a demon at all... Rune growled at the thought, hardly coming up for air before having over half the bottle gone. The stuff left his throat feeling somewhat raw, with a light, prickling feeling. He was so useless... Rune knew that. His first time with a human and he went and started feeling much more than he should. Some type of deeper affection. Some stupid thing only weak demons did. Maybe it was a bad idea to feel so good about being exclusive. Maybe that was why it was so expensive, and so rare. Because humans didn't want to begin developing deeper feelings for the demon. And demons didn't want to face death for the same thing.

He wasn't quite sure how much time had passed, but when he woke up, nothing had changed. In fact, the older demon was still behind the bar, just on the other side of it talking to someone that looked like a regular, and when he glanced around, found he'd had a few inches left in the bottle. Or, it looked like a few inches, the waves in his vision made it hard to tell. He managed to get up without falling flat out, and stepped out the door, using the walls, poles, mailboxes, and whatever else he could to hold himself up as he went back to what he was forced to consider home. Maybe he could make up an excuse. Say he was sick or something---though he couldn't see that as much of an excuse as reality as the world spun wildly left and right and the ground refused to stay solid. Rune made it back to the Rough Diamond without incident, though, and slid inside, half-crawling up the stairs and into his room without seeing anyone, thankfully. This time he closed his door all the way, and collapsed onto his bed, pulling a pillow over his head. Alcohol-induced sleep would make him forget his life for now, at least.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 02:49 AM

The small brown package found its way into the undercity, being passed on to a demon postman and then delivered to the Rough Diamond. Todd opened it first, to check its contents and smirked to see what he found. He rewrapped the package and went upstairs, hearing Aki busy in his room with Azure. He shook his head as he went into Rune's room, hoping Azure would pay him this time.

He stopped when he smelt alcohol and saw the small demon fast asleep on his bed and frowned. No, this was not right at all. Rune wasn't allowed to visit bars by himself and drink himself into near coma. He placed the package where Rune would be able to find it, before walking back down the stairs towards his office. As he neared his comfortable study, the doorbell rung. Sighing, he answered it, wondering who it could be at this time of the night. He wasn't used to clients coming.

"Hello...?" He paused as his eyes fell on the visitor. A large, dark shape stood on his doorway, smoke coming from his jacket and three red eyes glowing in the shadow. "Oh... Oh! Y-You... What brings you... Here?" Todd became extremely nervous as the Collector looked down at him.

"Paaaaaaayyyyyymmmmeeeeennnnnnntttt. We come for payment," the dark and unearthly voice spoke, sounding like several people at once. Todd hid his fright.

"Of... Of course... I... I'll go get it. Would you like to come in?" The shadowy figure remained where it was. Todd gulped and ran back into his office, opening the safe and clearing out what ever money he could find in it. He returned and passed the bag to the Collector. The creature's red eyes narrowed as a tentacled arm took the sack.

"Not enough, Todd, not enough," the Collector spoke again, the sack of money disappearing into the shadowy smoke of his form. "More."

Todd gulped. He shook as he went upstairs, hating what he had to do next. There was only one thing he could do to protect his business... He found Merv sitting in his room, reading a book. It had been two weeks since his last client. "Merv, I hate to... The Collector is here..." The incubus known as Merv changed colour faster than a set of traffic lights.

"Please, no... Todd! I'll.. I'll work harder! Please, don't do this to me!" He stood and begged his old friend, who looked like he was about to cry.

"I'm sorry Merv."

The pair walked downstairs where the Collector waited. Merv had a little bit of time to say goodbye before he was whisked away by the shadow. Todd closed the door behind them, ignoring the screams of pain that came from his old employee. He had no idea where the Collector took all the incubi and succubi, but he knew that it wasn't a good place. He just hoped Merv would be happier once he was destroyed and reused as something else.

Last edited by NekoLen; 08-20-2013 at 02:52 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:22 AM

His dreams were blank and dark, solidly set in some realm he'd never really be able to touch, not that Rune would want to, physically. It was good for a long break, to immerse himself in something that wasn't reality, to forget whatever might be plaguing him. Only this time it was far deeper, and felt longer, and when he woke up he felt a little dizzy, and had a headache that might as well have knocked him out from the pain alone. Feeling a bit ill, Rune sat up and squinted at the room. He never did this... What happened to the other Rune? He didn't think he'd change this much when the time finally came. He knew he wasn't supposed to go out like that, on his own, drown himself then come back just to sleep it off. And now that he thought about it, Rune did care about the rules. He did want to follow them. Perhaps it was just a momentary lapse in willpower... He should have had a tighter grasp on himself.

Sighing, Rune cradled his head, not feeling like standing up, but something was on the table near the door. A box that hadn't been there before. Todd must have come in, must have seen him. Now he felt like he should go apologize for breaking the rules... Standing on slightly wobbling grounds, he made his way across the room and felt it was more of a maze than anything, picking up the box and sitting quickly on the chair nearby. It looked like it'd already been unwrapped, which was no doubt the case, as Todd would have inspected it first. But still, he was so curious... Taking out the protective foam, he spied a flat black object. A phone... no, a cellphone! Callum had sent it, by the name on the box, and he couldn't help but feel as if he were... special, somehow. Perhaps he was. Callum couldn't have made a habit of this like other clients tended to do. They would have their favorite at the time, send them gifts every day or every week, then move on to another somewhere else.

But he'd never had a cellphone before. He didn't know the first thing about how to operate it... Rune carefully set the thing down and made sure it was in a safe enough place that it wouldn't fall, and collected the box and wrappings to throw away. He moved a little slowly, walking with careful steps and calculated movements downstairs and to the trash can, tossing everything in and going to find Todd. There was a strange feeling in the downstairs levels as he walked, though, holding onto sturdy items to keep steady. It felt familiar, though, cool, the way it felt when the Collector came to take payment. He found Todd in his office, and leaned against the doorway slightly. "I'm sorry." He muttered, not making eye contact with the demon. "I... don't know what's gotten into me so suddenly. I guess I... don't know about myself right now. In a... a s-strange place." He breathed out shakily. "I guess I... not really... not good enough to be a demon... I s-should have been taken." It had to be painful, to be destroyed... Rune shook his head quickly, feeling that was good enough as he quickly turned away. He didn't know what was taken, or who, if that was applicable.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 03:47 AM

"Don't be silly, you are earning the most in this place now. I can't lose you, it would ruin me." Todd didn't say anything else to Rune, instead he handed him the small card that had come with his present. It had a list of instructions on how to use his new phone, as well as a time that Callum would be seeing him next. "I understand how hard it is, to be the way you are. But you have a client now and you can learn to be a better incubus with him."

Aki walked down the stairs, looking a bit ruffled and tired. He sighted Rune and went straight to him, pulling him into the living room. "The Collector took Merv," he said, sounding sad. "But this means Azure is going to stay... Rune, I..." He looked like he had been beaten up, sporting multiple bruises and bleeding lips. Azure was known to be extremely rough, especially with Aki. Aki enjoyed being hurt, but having the blue demon around could change everything.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:09 AM

He was...? He was the highest earner? And in less than three days it had changed, his scraping by like a bum to rising to the highest mark, even for the lowest of the brothels. Still, as he took the items with unsteady hands and tried to focus on them---quitting very soon after with a hiss and a hand to the head---it felt... amazing. Like he was finally something. Useful. Todd needed him now. But his heart fell quickly when Aki stole him away with the news. They took Merv? Well, not too many women came to the undercity. For every one woman, there were five men, and at a certain point curiosities were raised and they would often return. And the women certainly didn't look to the Rough Diamond for much, considering its ranking.

And Azure would be staying... He just didn't like the sound of that, but looked at Aki in despair more for the collected incubus that would be destroyed. Or already was. But Aki, despite looking rather worse for wear, sounded... uncharacteristic. Rune pocketed the papers. "Y-you don't sound normal, Aki." He muttered, feeling the world tip backward suddenly and his hands reach out to grasp Aki's arms. "Sorry... I won't make a habit of this, I swear... But... what's wrong, Aki? You can... tell me, you know?" He felt it was time he returned the favor for Aki's protection of him. The least he could do was hear the other incubus out if something were weighing on his mind.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 04:21 AM

Aki grimaced at how the younger incubus staggered under the fading effects of alcohol. What had driven the silver haired beauty to drink so heavily? He hoped it had nothing to do with Azure. He smiled, helping Rune back up to his room, stopping when he saw Azure standing at the top of the stairs. The blue demon's eyes stared straight at the pair, a strange look... Intriguing... It almost pulled Aki away from his friend and back into Azure's arms. "I'll be a second," he told Azure instead, pushing past him and into Rune's room. He locked the door behind them and shuddered.

"He's amazing... You know? Knows exactly what makes you... scream..." He shivered again and took Rune over to his bed. "But... He's... Dangerous. Used to work where they destroyed incubi and succubi, Rune. He killed people like us. And he enjoys it." He smiled and tried to push away the worry he had for Rune.

"I see you got a present from Callum. What is it, darhling?" he asked, becoming his perky self again. He really didn't want Rune to feel bad or scared of Azure. The incubus was difficult enough to deal with. If Rune feared him or hated him...

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:47 AM

Rune almost shrank back at Azure's presence, and stared at the ground under his look. He didn't like the look. No, he didn't like it at all, and didn't like a lot of other things he just couldn't place. Aki didn't need to tell Rune how dangerous he was, or could be, not with his wrecked appearance. But it was little wonder why Rune just didn't feel right around the blue incubus---he killed his own kind. It wasn't taboo, or unheard of, but Rune had gone out of his way to avoid those he knew killed incubi or succubi. Still, when Aki seemed to come back to his usual self, Rune tried to do the same, and offered a smile, though he felt it might have been half-hearted.

"I think... Callum sent me a phone." He said, nodding to where it was by the door. "I just..." He paused, and pulled out the papers from his pocket. Rune squinted, studying the time he would meet Callum and be able to thank him for the item. That would be soon, so he would have to find something to cure the headache still plaguing him. "I don't know how to work it." The instructions were probably simple enough, and he looked through the small booklet. The writing was too small, though, and he put it aside quickly, covering his eyes. "Aki... I'm such an idiot... I just don't know what to do about this change... It's so much at once... Not like coming down here from... above." It had been a rough transition, but he'd gotten used to it because it was only one change. Now it felt like so many, inside and out alike, had begun taking place, like a domino reaction.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 AM

Aki sighed and placed a hand on Rune's shoulder. "It never happens over night, love. A lot of incubi or succubi would like to pretend they were always like this, but it's not true. I remember when I first got my taste of... It... It took sometime to get used to the strange energy flowing through my body, and how it changed almost into something entirely different..." He continued to smile as he heard Azure knock on the door. He ignored the needy blue demon.

"A phone, huh? They are easy enough to work out. It seems like he gave you a simple model..." It was already charged, so Aki turned it on for him. A small beeping tune signalled that he already had a message. "Oh, look! Callum sent you a message!" He passed the phone to Rune and showed him how to open and read the message.

"Hey, Rune. I hope you enjoy your new phone. Now we can always talk to each other, even if I don't get to see you."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 AM

Rune trusted Aki. He nodded, though still felt a bit uneased. He doubted he'd change so drastically that he'd leave all semblance of himself behind, but at the same time, he was worried about changing too much. Surely Aki had befriended him because of who he was now, and if that changed... No, he wouldn't change that much. He'd still be his odd, nervous self no matter what, surely. An Callum... He liked Rune the way he was. Liked him enough to send him an object to communicate with the human. Enough to make him exclusive. A pet. When he thought of it, Rune liked the way it sounded in his head. Not the way Azure had sneered it at him, but kinder.

He looked around to Aki as he spoke, and then to the phone. It didn't look hard to open messages, and when he saw the one that Callum had sent, Rune couldn't fight back a blush and a smile. "H-how do you, uh...?" He paused as Aki showed him how to respond, and he took the phone back, curling over the item in his hands to focus on the little keys. Normally it wouldn't have been an issue, but Rune's vision was still foggy and swam a little if he tried to focus too hard. But he got a message typed out without delving into some ancient and dead language:

"Thank you Callum. I love it! Maybe soon I can show you how much I love it..."

Rune curled in a little tighter and quickly sent the message before he could either regret it or let Aki see and embarrass himself more than how much he was already. He honestly couldn't wait to see Callum again... It felt strange, but in the best of ways, to be eager for someone. Maybe it was just the beginner's feelings, but Rune hoped it would never fade away.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 PM

The knock came at the door again, much to Aki's annoyance. He breifly regretted locking the door. Azure could be silly at times, and was known to be insanely possessive of him... Aki was happy when Azure decided to move away to France. Now he had to deal with the blue demon all over again. "Give me a second!" he called towards the door, hugging Rune a bit before standing up.

"Blocking out Azure is easy. Just don't look into his eyes. If you catch his eyes, he'll never let go." Aki grimaced slightly before turning and going to the door, opening it to an annoyed looking Azure. The two went back into Aki's room, where an argument could be heard. It seems that Azure thought Aki was doing more that just comforting his friend.

-

His phone beeped to tell him he had a message. Glancing about to make sure no one was watching him, he pulled it out and grinned when he read Rune's message. It didn't seem like the innocent incubus to text dirty and he could just imagine the cute thing curled up and blushing. He put away his phone, still smiling as he finished off the paperwork for today.

As he was about to leave work for the day, a woman that worked nearby approached him. She was young and attractive, with a studious look as she wore glasses and her hair up. Callum smiled at her, trying to remember her name. It was always hard to remember every one's names around this place. All he could remember was that she was an accountant.

"Hey," Callum greeted, as she stopped near him, but didn't seem to be able to meet his eyes.

"Hi," she said, sounding shy. "I was wondering if you got the memo about the work-do we are doing tonight. Going to go bowling. Boss says it is a great way to get to know each other."

Callum nodded, though his mind was elsewhere. He was going to go see Rune tonight. "I don't think I can make it, I have other arrangements," he replied to the woman, wondering why she was asking him about it. Maybe she helped plan it or something. She looked a bit sad at the news.

"That's a shame, well... Maybe some other time, then." She then walked away and Callum watched her, curious. He sighed and was about to start packing up to leave when another visitor came to his booth.

"Ooh, what did Janette want with you?" Rory asked him, hovering over him like some sort of gossip.

"Just was asking if I am going bowling. But I am seeing Rune tonight, so I can't come." Rory laughed loudly.

"Falling in love with a demon, are you?" he chuckled, not waiting for an answer before leaving Callum to his tidy up. Callum scowled.

He was deep in thought as he left work and made for the gym. He couldn't help to think that perhaps Janette liked him. He wasn't sure if he could be with a girl, now that he was with Rune, and he wasn't sure how the demon would take it if he started seeing someone else. But... he thought to himself as he worked out his frustrations, She is pretty, with nice tits. Maybe I could marry her and have a family? I can't have a family with a demon...

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM

His eyes...? It sounded like such an ominous warning that Rune couldn't help but shudder harshly when Aki left. The shouting match that issued almost immediately after could be heard all the way to Rune's position, and immediately Rune felt as if he'd caused it. No, of course he caused it, he was the cause of a lot of strife. Was there much of a trade-off? Maybe it would be better for everyone's relationships if he just stayed in his room permanently, wait for Callum when he wanted to come by, keep the door closed and locked so no one accidentally stumbled in and he said something stupid or did something to create strain for who was left in the house.

He went to his window and stared out into the back street. No one really came this way, it was an alley that was used as a quick and sometimes dangerous route. Only a cat walked it now. Maybe he could talk to---No. Talking wasn't really what Callum had him for, was it? And if he talked to anyone about his irrational worries and fears, it'd just make more of a bother, wouldn't it? He nodded to himself, sighing and pressing his forehead to the glass. It was cool on his skin and almost calmed him a little. He could forget when Callum arrived. Even if it was only for a while. Even if he had to struggle through the sludge of the undercity anytime else. It was sad that Aki was stuck here... He was so dynamic, friendly, kind, he could be anything in the surface city... And he wouldn't have to worry about Rune's clingy, troublesome tendencies.

Rune put a hand in his pocket and felt the phone he'd been given. Was Callum really so kind to him, or was it some way to buy Rune's complete devotion? He didn't like to think either of them could be right, to save himself the crushing sensation when one became obvious.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 PM

The silence echoed louder than the argument. Aki had stormed off, to go down town to do some personal therapy through shopping. Azure waited in his room for an hour, before moving. Like a blue shadow, he went to the room next to Aki's and opened it, without knocking. He found the small silver incubus sitting near a window, looking forlorn, like a pet whose owner was away at work. He laughed.

When Rune noticed he was in his room, he seemed... Frightened. He kept glancing away from Azure, as though afraid that if their eyes connected, he'd be petrified. Azure moved quickly, picking the scrawny runt up and slamming him against a nearby wall. He held Rune with one hand, his tail snaking around and the sharp tip pointing at the young one's throat.

"You... You stay away from my Aki. He's mine. He does not belong to you. I know what you sluts do in here with filthy humans. I know what you are, a pet to some human that pretends to love you and then will leave you without any notice. This whole place is filled with filth. I'll take Aki away from it, so he can be pure. And you are not to touch him." Azure stared hard at Rune, baring his fangs and growling.