Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 AM

In a future many decades away, the third great war has left the world a different place than the one we know...

The continent once known a North America is now divided into four territories; the Frozen Wastes to the north, formerly the country of Canada, the Eastern Alliance which consists of what was once New England, and the majority of "the South", the Central Nexus which was formerly the Midwest, and some of the central states such as the Dakotas, Texas, and as far west as Wyoming; some of the former "states were divided in half by the Central Nexus and the Pacific Republic, which is the last territory.

Hawaii and Alaska are independent of the continental territories.

The territories have trade agreements with one another, but politicking is a much more cautious game because it's a much deadlier game for some. Technology is much more advanced, though much of it is hard to come by in most areas. People get by, they make livings, and can live mostly contented lives.

Except in areas where the effects from the chemical and biological warfare seeped into the soil and the water. Problems arose in such places with mutating wildlife, livestock, and eventually some of the people. In some it was a minor change, in others it was unstable and ultimately caused their demise.

In a handful, it gave them seemingly supernatural abilities the likes had never truly been realized in human reality. For some it was a blessing, for others a terrible curse, if only for the discrimination they suffered.

Our story takes place in the Central Nexus, where one such girl is about to discover a powerful, latent ability she didn't know about. It's more than she ever could have bargained for...

----------

Name: Chime Himmel
Age:24; she doesn't yet know that she has stopped aging 4 years prior when she moved to the city of Bright Luna
Ht: 5'8"
Wt: undisclosed; curvy and proportionate
Hair:auburn red, a color thought to have died out after the war
Eyes: a bright pale blue

Power/Ability: Chime has the ability to summon, bind, and control demons and great elemental magics.

Bio: Chime originally comes from the mega-city of Kentukiana, but left after the local military police failed to explain the brutal murder of her remaining family. She went to the western most city within the Nexus territory. It was a much smaller place, and the people for the most part seemed to welcome a new young woman to their town.

She got a job washing laundry at a local inn/hotel. It paid surprisingly well for such a job. Her only companion was a tiny chocolate and white dog whom she said was called Pip.

Now, Chime is not only one of the laundry girls, but she also waits tables in the restaurant/bar on busy nights. It was here that she was often harassed by drunken suitors who refused to understand no. Luckily, her boss and owner of the establishment, Arnold Holt, was usually able to take care of them before anything happened.

Last edited by Pink Roses; 09-23-2011 at 12:02 PM..

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM

Name: Svarog/Jace
Ht: 6'1"
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Black
Appearance: Jace / Svarog

Power/Ability: Superhuman physical capabilities and access to demonic magic. Demonic magic can be used for virtually anything, but overuse exhausts the demon and acts like a beacon to a demon's enemies, making it easy prey. Also, higher-tier demonic spells almost always require a specific sacrifice of some sort.

Background: Svarog had been around for millennia. Starting off as a lesser demon, he had cheated, stolen, destroyed, killed and lied his way up to the top. He was powerful now…and had gradually lost interest in directly interfering with mankind’s destiny. Witnesing the rise and unification of nations, he remained unimpressed. He had seen this scenario thousands of times before. And the ending inevitably came – war. Man’s beautiful tribute to the demonic race. Sins were done thousands of times each day at war, feeding and strengthening Svarog and his kind. Their inevitable conquest of Earth was approaching, they only had to be patient for a little while longer…

Bio: Svarog is a demon from the Pride caste. Powerful and highly intelligent, he rarely takes interest in the affairs of men. Although adept at manipulation, lying and twisting the truth, his very essence is that of pride and sometimes this emotion is beyond his control and shows through his "masks". Commiting or persuading others to commit sins has become all but boring for him – he has pretty much done them all, at one point or another, many times. However, that doesn't mean he avoids them, just that he doesn't actively seek them out.

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 09-24-2011, 02:58 PM

It was Chime's turn to take of the special laundry today. Most of it consisted of silk shirts and the like, which meant that it had to be hung to air dry. She was pinning various articles of clothing on the line and didn't the small group of young men walking toward her down the rows. She was startled by the sound of shifting chains, and gasped when she looked up to see Jacklyn; the young man who harassed her constantly when she waited tables. She finished hanging the shirt in hand and moved to the next free space on the line.

"This is an employee only area, sir. You'll need to go back around to the front entrance, please," she said politely without looking at him. She was suddenly very interested in the red silk pants she was holding. Jacklyn just leered at her with open lust. It was the same when he was at the bar in the hotel. Chime crinkled her nose in disgust; the smell of alcohol wasn't flattering. She moved another few paces, and Jacklyn followed her. She rolled here eyes as she fished another piece of laundry out of the basket.

"Go away, Jacklyn. I'm working," she said not hiding her irritation. She heard the rattling of his belt chains again and then his hands were on her shoulders. She knocked over the laundry basket as she shook him off and swatted him away. "Don't touch me, Jacklyn! Leave me alone!" she cried finally able to distance herself from him. He grinned maliciously then.

"Old man Holt ain't here to protect you, Chime," he said almost in an almost singsong voice, "I know you want me; hell I bet you dream about me,". He blocked her path when she tried to move away from him and toward the hotel. Without any warning two more pairs of hands grabbed her arms and held her in place. Chime jerked and thrashed with all the physical strength she had, but it was no use.

"Let me go! Mr Holt is gonna have you guys banned from the property if you don't stop!" she warned them. She was desperate to get loose. All of the sudden, her head felt like it was spinning and she saw red in the edges of her vision. Her eyes watered a little. He hit me, she thought in panic. In fact, he'd split her lower lip open.

"Finally, you shut up!" he slurred. Jacklyn brought his face closer to hers, which made made Chime want to vomit for multiple reasons. His stench wasn't even the worst part of it. "You made me look stupid for the last time, bitch!" he growled. She knew exactly what he was talking about. The night before, she'd been working in the bar and he'd come onto her again. This time she'd smacked him in the head with a tray before the proprietor, Mr. Holt, threw he and his friends out. Her employer found such behavior to be a personal insult, or so he said.

"You embarrassed yourself, Jacklyn. Let me go before the other girls come looking and bring Mr. Holt out here," she said trying to sound reasonable. She didn't want the three of them to know how scared she was and hoped to talk them out of hurting her any further. Instead, he hit her again; much harder this time.

"Shut up, bitch! I tried to be nice," he said belligerently, "but I guess I'm just gonna have to treat you like the whore you really are!" he bellowed. His voice rang in her ears. Chime had to blink through water to see straight.

Please no, she thought, please please someone come help me. She wasn't able to gather the strength to form words. So instead she cried out in her thoughts for some kind of help from whatever powers that might have been.

Help me, oh god, help me. she thought over and over. It grew louder and louder until in her mind it was a frantic scream. Jacklyn started to drag her away by her hair. Her body thrashed and kicked out of reflex. Her mind was shrieking as loud as it could for someone, anyone, to stop this horrible thing from happening.

Last edited by Pink Roses; 09-24-2011 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: was not done posted too early by accidentally

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-24-2011, 03:27 PM

"...and lastly, Lord Astaroth insists that you take direct part in our actions agains the humans at the first possible moment." the little imp, serving as a messenger warily looked in front of him. In this plane, demons had near limitless power, including the ability to change their surroundings at will. Svarog's domain - complete, utter darkness and solitude - had been mantained for more than a hundred years now. This nothingness he had chosen for a "home" unnerved the other demons, made him look stranger in their eyes. The glowing red gaze studied the imp carefully, as if he was contemplating his decision.
"I shall not snuff out your existence, little one. You have to deliver a message to your master first." the deep voice suddenly turned into a monstrous growl "You tell this Wrath ingrate that he is welcome to come here and make me follow his lead! Make sure to remind him though, that at the time he made children lie to their parents I was corrupting the minds of inquisitors!"
The embodiment of Pride calmed down somewhat and waved his hand dismissively. It happened every now and then, a fledgling demonic "prince" with visions of grandeur to try and make him a servant. It had never worked so far and this Astaroth was far lesser a demon then some of the others from before. No matter. By now, Svarog only wished to be left alone, pretty much, a well deserved rest before the Last Battle. But it seems he'd never be left alone. besides, he had no desire to appear on Earth right now. It was easy pickings there now, with the humans' society crumbling gradually. Some of the humans mutations', however, could prove troublesome for Svarog and his kind. Stronger psychic resistance, heightened intelligence, ability to see in the future...those and many more have begun appearing recently and had the potential to actually foil the demons' plans for their race, which were so far going smoother than ever. Svarog slowly closed his eyes, resuming his rest. It didn't matter to him. He knew they were winning and was old enough to be patient and not rush things.

And then he felt the pull.

The demon suddenly twitched and growled again. Who dared?! Summoning altogether was very, very difficult, but to weave a spell that compelled him, of all demons...whoever it was, he posessed raw power the like of which Svarog hadn't seen for centuries. It was useless to fight it, to not answer to the call would be like a human trying not to breathe. So he would walk the earth once again...he did not intend to do it for long though. Just enough to twist out of the binding contrach and either submit or destroy the summoner. He was not amused, being called at a whime, like he was some lesser fiend. Now...which mortal form was going to be most effective? Ah, he was just going to pick his favourite one. It didn't posess the charm and soft beauty of the bodies Lust demons chose, nor the mindless rage and raw power of Wrath...but it was durable, incredibly so. Several scars on it he didn't cover on purpose - each of these would have been a mortal blow, had he chosen another physical coil. There was, however, no more time, the calling was too strong. Svarog sighed in annoyance and closed his eyes. So be it...he just hoped his new "master" would be less irritating then the one before.

The air near Chime crackled from the spells energy and in an instant, a small portal opened. It was just enough for the dark haired figure to pass through it, letting it close behind him, and stood directly in the path of the one that had started to drag the girl away. The gray eyes coldly assessed the situation, uncaring of what actions the humans in front of him would take. He only needed the summoner. The rest were nuisances and already dead.

"You have uttered the calling and I have answered" Svarog - or Jace, as he was known in his human form - looked at the blood on the ground and inhaled deeply. Female, unmistakable. And it explained how a spell cast by mistake could turn out that potent. Blood magic. Then...it was clear who he'd have to focus his attention to. But first...the contract had not been completed. First she had to accept the deal of her own volition, otherwise it was void. Oh, he'd do what she told him, but there would be a price. There always was one.

"I pledge my allegiance and services to you, Mistress of the Arcana." he said, but didn't move from his place, although his hands were clenched in fists "But I can not act out of my own volition. If you will have me as your ally...command me. Speak my true name and let it be done..." his gaze caught that of one of the men and the demon grinned mischievously. Although blood and death didn't excite him as much as they did before, he still enjoyed them...and he couldn't wait to turn the men into a bloody mash. It wasn't exactly true, he could have helped her escape, but he wouldn't do it, not before the contract had been "signed". The girl knew nothing of the rules and regulations when summoning powerful beings not of this world...but he did. And he was going to play his cards just right. How would she know his name? She already did, that was a part of the spell. And the choice whether to accept or reject him was also hers...

Last edited by Dominator; 09-24-2011 at 05:01 PM..

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 09-24-2011, 10:24 PM

Chime saw the form of someone through her blurred vision; at least she thought she did. She heard a voice, someone talking to her. Chime only felt the pain of Jacklyn gripping her hair, and the throbbing pain in her mouth. Her mind grew silent a moment and a red haze filled her vision.

"Non curo quid facias. Serva me! Duis eis!" she shouted suddenly finding a voice. She'd just spoken in Latin, a language she only knew a few words in. She had told him "I don't care how you do it. Protect me. Stop them !". How did she know this person was a him? Since when was she fluent in Latin?

The thoughts in her mind raced and she could barely see for the red haze and the tears that burned in her eyes. Once again she spoke, before the shadowy figure could answer, she practically screamed, "Aperuero tenebris porta. Dico enim per turbinem auxilium. Responde mihi dicunt, Svarog!" She felt her chest heaving as if weighed down. Jacklyn has stopped moving, confused by her sudden outburst. ((She had said " I have opened the dark gate. I call through the darkness for your aid. Answer my call, Svarog".

Who was Svarog? She'd never heard that weird name before, she'd remember it.

In the back of her mind it was still unsettling that she cried out in a language she had only learned bits of in school years ago. It didn't matter, as long as he helped her.

Last edited by Pink Roses; 09-26-2011 at 04:56 AM..

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-25-2011, 05:14 AM

Svarog closed his eyes and smiled as the words fell into place. The contract was made. He'd walk the earth again, even if it was not his own wish. But, more importantly, now the demon had a hold over the summoner. The contract bound him to obey every command...but for a price. A tiny piece of the girl's soul came into Svarog's posession every time he made her wish come true. The bigger the request - the bigger the piece. Wishes that affected a single or a few humans were almost irrelevant, but she'd want more evetually. All humans did. Greed was a part of their very essence, just as much as it was a part of demons'. And, once he had more control over her soul than she herself had...it was over.

"Fiat voluntas tua, domina"(Your will be done, mistress) replied the demon with an almost soft voice. His head slowly turned to the man who was supposed to be the leader of the three. Svarog's eyes looked at the hand holding the girl's hair and he bared his teeth "Humans...you have done a terrible crime. And for this I declare your life forfeit."

"Well aren't you a big bad..." the man let go of Chime and he and his friends stepped forward, closer to the demon. Svarog simply smiled. The only reason they were still breathing was the small chance that they could hurt her. He no longer needed to worry about that. Before Jacklyn could finish the sentence there was a loud swish, although the motion was so fast that the demon's hand seemingly didn't move. Jacklyn's moved, however - it fell on the ground, torn off. He couldn't even register what had happened before Svarog growled quietly and charged. The speed made his motions blurry, but that was probably for the best. After every hit, every attack there was a small fountain of blood and pieces of flesh flew in the air. The screams of terror and pain only lasted a few seconds. That was how a demon fought - bloody, inflicting the maximum ammount of pain for the shortest ammount of time. Then it was over, just as fast as it had begun. Jace stepped over the pile of meat that was supposed to be a human body and calmly approached Chime.

"These pests will trouble you no longer." Svarog extended his arm, still dripping with blood, to help the girl get up from the ground. The contrast between his actions from seconds ago and his almost gentle behaviour now was more than apparent "Might I inquire what your name is, mistress?"

Last edited by Dominator; 09-25-2011 at 05:53 PM..

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Chime took the outstretched hand in a daze. What just happened, she wondered. As her vision returned to normal, she went from feeling confused to being horrified. There was bloody mayhem everywhere; including some of the surrounding laundry.

She made a high pitch sound as she spun in a quick circle. All of the clothes were likely ruined. She'd never be able to explain this to anyone, most especially Mr. Holt.

"Oh my god! The laundry! Mr. Holt is gonna have a cow!" she cried aloud, momentarily forgetting her strange rescuer. A fresh wave of panic, albeit a different kind of panic, began to wash over her.

She'd lose her job, her place to live, a way to feed her little dog, or herself for that matter...all because Jacklyn had been the definition of an idiot. She didn't care that three people lay in pieces everywhere, they hadn't been good people anyway. In fact, they'd be horrible people as far as anyone told her.

She stood helplessly looking at the horrible scene; blood just didn't come out of silk. What am I gonna do, she thought with despair. A thought occurred to her then that could at least lessen the penalty she'd suffer for the clothes.

She started gathering all the bloody laundry in the basket. She was going to destroy the evidence. There was a small forest nearby, she'd walk there and burn the clothes, and then tell Mr. Holt the clothes had been lost. That would only cost her pay, not her job.

Let the rich bastards buy more, she thought making sure she didn't miss any sullied piece.

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-26-2011, 06:52 AM

"Pardon?" the demon looked at her with a hint of amusement. She was apparently still in shock "The laundry? Really? I do not think you understand the gravity of my presence here. You have summoned me, a great demon of Pride, and yet you worry about clothes? That is no longer necessary, mistress."

The demon raised his right hand and whispered a short incantation. She hadn't expressly ordered or wished for this, but this one little favour he'd do for free, just to prove his point. The ruined clothes burst into flames just as Chime had stepped back from them for a second. Then, before she could react, the demon's hands were placed on her shoulders as he stood behind her back.

"You no longer have to serve." he softly whispered in her ear "All you have to do is think. Think who would you like to be, what you would like to posess. Then you need to but say it. It is now my duty to make your desires reality..." the demon smiled with an unseen smile. It was coming back to him, the subtle manipulation he had used countless times in the past to lead men and women on the path to ruin. He used to be really good at it, it only remained to be seen whether he had lost his touch in the last centuries.

"You are a being with a tremendous potential, mistress. I would have this potential fulfilled. Today you've ascended beyond mere humans." Svarog inhaled deeply and his eyes narrowed almost happily. She smelled enticing, this girl. Maybe he could corrupt her in more ways than one...ah, the pleasures of having a physical form. He'd have to keep his appetite under control for now though, gaining her trust and getting her to act in the way he wanted her to act took priority.

"Do you understand? You could be anyone...have anything you want. Isn't it time you had control over people, not the other way around?" softly asked the demon, moving in front of Chime with two calm, almost laidback steps, his gray eyes fixed on her own. By now the clothes had already turned to ash, some of which spun around his feet, as if attracted to the demon "Your will - my hands."

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 AM

Chime shuddered as this figure stood behind her back, whispering in her ear. She wasn't 100% sure what he was talking about, but it felt it hollow, somehow. Something inside told her that he spoke the truth, somehow she knew that. Yet...his offers, promises maybe, weren't things she had ever desired.

It was always nice to be in control sometimes, sure, but she was happy cleaning clothes and waiting tables for now. She was young, she had her whole life to learn new trades and skills, to see more of the world, to learn. She was still a virgin, even. She had as much time as she needed to meet someone to love.

It wasn't that what he was saying wasn't at least a little true, but it had more to do with not wanting that kind of power over someone else. She didn't want that kind of responsibility. She was happier doing and receiving praise than if she gave orders.

Back and forth her thoughts went calmly. Finally, her heart won and she told herself to thank this person for resucing her from Jacklyn and his friends. She looked around and realized that the ruined clothes as well as the body parts were all burnt up, and blowing away in the wind as they spoke. She couldn't have asked for a better solution.

Her heart felt at least somewhat lighter then. She could live with docked pay for a week. She looked over herself quickly, inspecting her uniform for blood.

She looked up suddenly and gasped. She'd almost forgotten her rescuer.

"Oh...oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude. Thank you for your help, for everything. I can explain missing laundry a lot better. Oh geez," she said looking at him, smiling nervously.

I'm such a mess
, she thought. She felt a little bad for not acknowledging him in the first place.

"My name is Chime, by the way. I really appreciate your saving me from them; they just couldn't take no for an answer. I dunno why they were so obsessed. They didn't want to believe I was a virgin, I guess. Anyway, thank you. I've got to go tell Mr. Holt that Jacklyn and his friends ran off with some laundry," she said wincing as she tried to smile again. Her lip really hurt.

She started walking back toward the back door of the hotel.

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM

"You're not following what I'm saying" although the demon's voice had remained almost soothingly calm, he was beginning to get more irritated. What was this human saying? Everyone wanted more power. That had always been the punchline in demonic bindings, otherwise people just wouldn't do it. So why was this girl beeing so difficult right now? "Thanks are not necessary, I simply fulfilled my duty. I also will not leave your side unless expressly commanded. You might be stuck with me for a while, I'm afraid. I take my contracts very seriously. You'd do well not to underestimate them as well."

The demon caught up to Chime, walking next to her, as he remainedd silent for a few minutes. It mattered not. He'd find a way to persuade her to...strive for more. It didn't have to happen straight away. First he had to make her feel comfortable in his presence, then trust his judgement and advice...and he had all the time in the world to make it happen. Patience was a virtue more intelligent demons understood was good to posess.

"You may use my alias, mistress. Jace. It sounds less strange to humans' ears that my real one, or so I've been told... Holt, you said. Is he the leader of this place. If so, this person lacks the ability to maintain discipline and order." the black haired man tilted his head lightly, as if failing to understand something "Why remain in a place where your safety is in jeopardy? Why follow people, who cannot secure your well-being?"

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 AM

Chime paused outside the back door. This person, Jace he said he was called, was telling her that Mr. Holt should have been protecting her. Mr. Holt only owned the hotel, he didn't run the town. The mayor did; for all the good that did anyone. Alucien Belfrei was as useless and selfish as they came.

"He can't be everywhere, you know. If it weren't for Mr. Holt, those bastards would have had me months ago. I might even be dead," she told him looking thoughtful. The burly proprietor really had been a lifesaver on numerous occasions.

"I'm glad somebody heard me calling. I dunno how, and I don't know why, but you could hear me. I really appreciate all your help, I'll never be able to express how deep my gratitude really is, but you can at least sleep in my loft tonight," she said trying to be friendly.

Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 AM

"He can't be anywhere. But I can. Whatever your wish, I can make it happen. Until then, I will just be watching out for you..." the demon stepped forward, his grey eyes studying the girl with a concentrated look "I am grateful for your offer, mistress. The only way to protect you adequately is to be by your side at all times, of course."

Oh, he was going to be a genuine gentleman, for as long as he had to...unless he figured out a way of behaving that she was going to like more. He wanted to get under her skin and sooner rather than later...however, it seemed he was going to have some difficulties with that after all. She didn't wish for anything. That's what puzzled him the most. All humans wanted something, right? And once they got it, they just found another thing to desire. And this was especially true now, with the rampant poverty and criminality. So why did she decline then? Svarog seriously doubted that the girl had everything she wanted...or even needed. It was simply a question of showing her what she really wanted.

"After you, mistress." the demon bowed slightly as behind him the flames engulfed the remains of Jason and his friends, filling the air with the smell of burnt flesh...an aroma all too familiar and pleasant to him "Lead, and I shall follow."

Pink Roses
*^_^*

Old 10-07-2011, 10:49 PM

Chime looked over her shoulder and smiled gratefully. Her face held only gratitude and sweetness.

"Thank you, Jace," she said taking a step up. She poked her head inside and looked around cautiously, making sure no one else was close enough to hear the next things she said.

"Just go along with what I tell him," she said softly and began to tear up again.

She rushed inside and sobbing loudly, making sure she was seen and heard. As long as everyone believed it, this tiny white lie would work and she wouldn't have to think about the gory scene from moments ago.

When she finally found Mr. Holt, she threw herself onto him, wailing and unintelligible. The horror was real, at least it was coming from a real place.

"What happened to you, girl?" he said, patting her uncertainly. He ran a hand through his silvering dark blonde hair. He could tell something traumatic had just befallen his best employee. She had a busted lip and was hysterical.

He eyed the strange young man who had followed her, instantly suspicious.

"And who're you? You got about five seconds to explain yourself, boy," he warned protectively.