meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Ran blinked when she heard the frantic shouts of someone that came running into the shop. With a quick glance at her watch, she winced, realizing she should have been back at her own store by now.

"Thanks for the tree branch," she said, as odd as it sounded, and stowed the dead tree branch carefully in her bag. "I'll let you know if anything comes from it!" She waved as she hurried to the exit of the shop. She needed to hurry and pick up lunch and get back to the store before her boss got angry.

tooaya
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 PM

Rie raised an eyebrow at Yume's words. She wasn't sure if she should laugh in the panicking girl's face, or try and explain to her seriously what or why the hanfu is engulfed in smokes. Well, the latter wasn't exactly a possibility, since Kirin had told her specifically not to reveal the secrets of the artifacts. And besides, she thought she had given enough hints already! Doing more so will just make herself look like an old witch person with a creepy personality or something that'd freak these poor girls out...if they weren't already.

"Sheeesh. Chill out, woman." Rie closed one eye and sighed impatiently. "Be patient, it'll be over soon enough. Provided that you don't go insane by then. And besides, we are all breathing the smokes, and I feel absolutely fine myself." The dark skinned girl looked over at Zanen and smirked. "How about you? And don't worry, these are just objects...like I said., it'll only be possessed if you believe it to be. But if that's the case you might want to check with a psychologist first."

Deep down, Rie hoped that Kirin would be back soon. Running a shop that is out of ordinary was more tiring than she thought.

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 PM

"Soon?" Yume grabbed this word, as if it was the most important one in the whole speech. "Exactly how soon?"
She yet again shook the hanfu, like if she was hoping that the smoke would go away just by doing this...which it didn't.
"...And actually, just WHY is it smoking like this anyway?!"

tooaya
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM

Rie shrugged. "I don't know. It really depends on you. If you really want it to stop I guess it might listen." The girl rolled her eyes at her own words, obviously not believing in any of what she said. Although she did catch some interest in Yume's next question. She smiled sheepishly.

"You believe in ghosts, that's why."

Angel XIII
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 PM

"I-I guess I feel fine,” Zanen replied to Rie, her eyebrows raising at the swirl of red smoke that seemed to her like it was slowly engulfing the room. Looking down uncertainly at the artifact she held in her arms, she mused over the assistant’s words.

Possessed only if I believe it to be…Well, I don’t have to believe, do I? I should be fine…

As Yume grabbed at the dress and shook it wildly, Zanen backed away warily from her. Granted a smoking article of clothing was a little...out of the ordinary, but the other was behaving rather childish really, almost like she was throwing a temper tantrum. Of course if Zanen had been in the other’s place, she probably would be scared half out of her wits, but no one ever had to know that. After all, she had agreed not to believe and hope this so-called “possession” business wouldn’t spring up and frighten her into insanity.

“Well, I think I’ll be taking this urn then,” Zanen uttered loudly, to be heard over Yume’s piercing voice, “I’ll leave you my phone number, so you can contact me when you find out how much I owe you guys.” Quickly jotting down her number on a piece of paper, she pushed it at Rie, not even considering the fact that she may end up being the one contacting the shop first.

Mustering her best smile, she waved as cheerfully as she could to the two under the given circumstances. With the urn held firmly in her hands, Zanen walked hurriedly out of the store.

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 PM

"GHOSTS?!" Yumeh's voice for a moment became REALLY piercing. "You're trying to tell me... You're trying to... YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME THAT THIS THING IS HAUNTED?!?!?!?! But that's imposiible!!!"
And just why does this person suggest that she believes in ghosts? This is just..impossible!

tooaya
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 PM

"I wasn't trying to tell you anything." Rie sighed, surprisingly finding herself calmer than usual. "I was making a statement, can't you tell? and really, calm down and stop shouting stuff in my ears." Rie carelessly waved at Zanen who almost fled from the shop, and turned back to Yume. "If you can keep quiet, you can stay and wait for Kirin to come back. She'll tell you about the artifact in the backroom."

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 PM

Yume took a deep breath and nodded, calming herself a bit.. Then she slowly started to pack the smoking hanfu back to the bag.
"Yes, thank you." She said with a quieter voice. "I think that's what I'll do."