aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 04-07-2012, 05:17 AM

@TheEmpressofEvil - A fair enough, I know plenty of people that don't enjoy wine. I prefer sweet whites or really dry reds, but I also cook with it a lot. Paska is soooo good. Granted its glorified eggy raisin bread, but still. SO GOOD -drool-. Yeah its not even the look its too sweet and tastes like blegh sugar, I'm not a fan of the choclate covered cherries either lol. I tend to like things that are more neutral than sweet, or bitter.

anadentone
*^_^*

Old 04-07-2012, 05:17 AM

I eat the cherry, green apple,grape and lemon ones. Cherry and grape gets saved til last 8D and I take my time chewing them ;D

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 AM

@aphrodite remix: Ooooo raisin bread is so yummy and eggy makes me think of super fluffy french toast. that sounds so yummy already. I'd like to try some :o Wines, I've tried a few. There was one chocolate wine i liked. It was sweet and not too dry. I think it is the drier ones that I have a harder time with. And i haven't tried many whites but I've been told of some that I might really like.

@anadentone: my mom would steal all my green apples ones! lol. But I like them too.

@fireprincess: i like the cherries but those i only have a few of at christmas time. and ironically those can be too sweet for me. No clue why that is..

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 04-07-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpressofEvil View Post
@aphrodite remix: Ooooo raisin bread is so yummy and eggy makes me think of super fluffy french toast. that sounds so yummy already. I'd like to try some :o Wines, I've tried a few. There was one chocolate wine i liked. It was sweet and not too dry. I think it is the drier ones that I have a harder time with. And i haven't tried many whites but I've been told of some that I might really like.

@anadentone: my mom would steal all my green apples ones! lol. But I like them too.

@fireprincess: i like the cherries but those i only have a few of at christmas time. and ironically those can be too sweet for me. No clue why that is..
Hmm....maybe the chocolate on it? Some chocolates are so rich that they make my teeth hurt so I have to eat it slowly. Some of the brands of chocolate covered cherries are really bad. I get the Queen Anns and they taste more decadent but are more gentle on my teeth

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 AM

@Fireprincess: It could be. I usually end up getting the See's Candies brand of cherries. I've had the Queen Annes ones a few times. I like both. Usually I don't have any issues with chocolate and my teeth except for hershey's. I have no clue why. I have no cavities or anything. that brand is the only one so far that can hurt. It makes me sad though because my bf normally puts hershey's kisses in things but I really don't like to eat them because I know it might hurt.

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 04-07-2012, 05:54 AM

@TheEmpressofEvil - Dude the bread is sooo good! If you can find Paska, I highly recommend buying it :D Ahh yeah whites are definitely nice, if you like sweeter things you should try ice wines. I think you'd probably like those the best. Chocolate wine!?! I've had chocolate stout beer before. SOO GOOD! I braised a huge roast in a few bottles of it and some coffee. Ridiculously amazing.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-07-2012, 05:55 AM

YES! CCEggs are the best - but I'm trying to lose weight and all that sugar is the wrong way to go I think.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 AM

@Aphrodite remix: Yeah i was shocked with the chocolate wine. I've tried a few brands of chocolate wines and there was one that really stood out to me. That one I liked and there was a strawberry wine I liked too. So I guess sweet is my preference. ice wines? I don't think I've heard of those. I think i'll give them a try. Beer braised meats tend to be so yummy. But i actually don't like beer either. I've only tried it a few times though. New Castle and Guiness. I've had lots of friends recommend sam adams. I just haven't tried it yet.

@fauxreal: sugar is definitely something to avoid but really you can have a little. just you have to watch how much you have and have that willpower to limit yourself. Most people don't. For those people, its best not to go there at all. but I agree that CCEs are so yummy!

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:02 AM

Empress ~ I know - but there is so much candy this time of year. People keep giving me more and more - I have a stockpile that could last the whole year if I stick to my diet and behave. ;)

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 AM

@fauxreal: I've done that before with halloween candy. It lasted forever. until my little brother found my stash. then it was gone in a day it seems. lol

my weakness when it comes to dies are carbs and breads moreso than any sweet. and especially pastas! I love pastas...

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 AM

*omg* *drooooool* You are speaking my language! I have the weird addition to my diet that my kidney's are all wacked out - so I actually get to have some of those carbs... mostly because that's all I can eat sometimes.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 AM

lol I'd love a reason to eat more carbs. I really would! they're my favorite. :)

Sorry to hear about your kidneys though. I hope everything's ok.. My grandma used to be on dialysis. Her kidneys actually failed and I know that wasn't fun so i hope that's not your case or anywhere near it.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 AM

Well - I just finished a second stem-cell transplant... if that doesn't fix them... I don't know what else will really.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 AM

I'm going to hope it does :) and I wish you good luck.

what's wrong with them, if its not too personal?

I know my grandmother's failed because of a blood pressure medication she was on.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 AM

I have lupus. The main thing it effects are my kidneys. It bothers everything else - but that's the biggie.

I don't mind talking about it at all. I love educating people about it. <3

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:30 AM

Oh I see. Sort of. I know of lupus but not entirely what it entails like I didn't know it seems to bother kidneys more.

Citrus Hammer
Orange Sheepie

Penpal

Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
What is it you look forward to most when it comes to easter?
Food

Quote:
Is there a favorite tasty treat you like to get?
I like getting just about anything that's chocolate filled with caramel

Quote:
Are there any family traditions you have for easter (egg hunts, a social gathering etc)?
Not really.

Quote:
Anything special you have planned for easter?
Just hanging out with my family. We're having a HUGE roast this year =D

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 AM

@Citrus Hammer: Roast sounds so yummy. We're doing bbq stuff. so burgers and corn and chicken and veggies. it should be good :)

caramel filled chocolates are also good :) One of my favorite candies used to be rolos. I haven't had those in a LONG time though. I don't think I've even seen them for sale in a long time

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 04-07-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpressofEvil View Post
@Fireprincess: It could be. I usually end up getting the See's Candies brand of cherries. I've had the Queen Annes ones a few times. I like both. Usually I don't have any issues with chocolate and my teeth except for hershey's. I have no clue why. I have no cavities or anything. that brand is the only one so far that can hurt. It makes me sad though because my bf normally puts hershey's kisses in things but I really don't like to eat them because I know it might hurt.
Oh that stinks :p
I don't have cavities either but the sugariness makes them sensitive.
I think Cadbury makes regular chocolate bars they sell all year round if their chocolate doesn't hurt your teeth. I'm not sure if they have it in the "kisses" form though

marissa12345
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 AM

OMG!!!!YES PLEASE! They are one of my favorites. :]
I love eating them during Easter.

Happy Easter everyone! :D

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 04-07-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
All the tasty candy and bunny items that are out in stores! Especially the day after Easter when it all goes on sale! It's the only time of year where I can find stuff to fit my name (My friends call me Bunny in real life :sweat:)

Quote:
I love Godiva chocolate!

Quote:
Are there any family traditions you have for easter (egg hunts, a social gathering etc)?
We used to do an egg hunt at my house every Easter, but then all the hunters grew up and lost interest =-_-= Now we go to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and "quality" family time (they're a bit nuts). Apparently they're doing an egg hunt this year for the grandkids, but I won't be there this year.

Quote:
I have cue-to-cue for the first day of tech week (I'm in a production of the musical, "Chicago"), so it's gonna be a really, really long day. But that's okay, the cast's having a potluck and I like them better than most of my family anyway =^^=;;

wish

Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
hmm...nothing much. cute bunnies?

Quote:
i don't get any. :/ haven't had any easter treats in a while except for the tiny chocolate eggs.

Quote:
nope. i used to have egg hunts when i was little. but not since high school.

Quote:
do my thesis... lol oh story of my life @___@

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 PM

@marissa: they're yummy imo :) Happy Easter!

@Rochiel Silverfire: That's neat that your friends call you bunny. is there any reason why or it just sort of happened one day? Godiva chocolate is so yummy.Never really get it though. :(

@wish: yep. definitely know the school work making you busy for holidays bit. I'm only one week into this quarter and I'm swamped. But I've decided I'm not doing any school work on Easter. Which of course means today is going to be chaos for me.But I'm determined to enjoy spending time with my family and my bf.

Narcotic Dolly
LYRIONESS

Old 04-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Chocolate OVERLOAD!!
Quote:
Also a creme egg fan. How do you eat yours?
Quote:
No but it's a neat time at work. I teach kindergarten so we have sack races, egg and spoon races and an easter egg hunt XD
Quote:
Nope, just gorging myself on chocolate, same as last year

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2012, 12:29 PM

@Narcotic Dolly: lol. chocolatey goodness is so hard to resist! I think how I end cadbury creme eggs is partly why my mom gets grossed out. I bite the tops off first and sort of lick out creme.