View Poll Results: Favorite Frequenter of the Uni Thread?
BlackCart! FTW! 9 60.00%
...Marguerite. Is that even a question? 7 46.67%
Taiyo!!!! YGO addict! 4 26.67%
Happy! You're friendly neighborhood insomniac. 7 46.67%
Zaza (Though we haven't seen him lately) 5 33.33%
Pearl! 6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 AM

I got kicked off mom's insurance when I turned 22 :( I had medicaid for a year, got kicked off it. Now I'm stuck with school healthcare. Which is expensive. Mom is looking to see if I would be able to get on hers again for awhile while I'm at school. But, I'm sticking with Planned Parenthood for that stuff

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 AM

Yeah, they tried to get me on the school's health insurance when I applied at my new college. I was like "no" when I saw the $1,500 bill that would tack on.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 AM

I would LOVE for it to only be $1,500. Mine is over $2,400 for the entire year. -.-
I wish I could waive it now. But, open enrollment for my mom's coverage isn't until November and the waiver period for school is over in October :(

ElysiumFate

Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 AM

I guess that shows the difference in pricing between the midwest and New York.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 AM

Eh... meh? x3 It's slick, I'll give it that. It's just not low enough! What about this, http://www.benlevy.com/auto/meet/aut...9/img_0395.jpg. Mine's the same, excluding the rims. The paint's not as pretty either. My daily's a Hyundai Sonata, so xD.

Politics? PREPARE THE GLADIATOR ARENA! Something like that? xD

Well... XD No, no. Not going to get into it though! I have some personal qualms but they have nothing to do with the organization's mission statement, just aspects of their administrative operations and other aspects. I don't want to be stabbed to death so I'll offer up this white flag. I'm a Criminal Justice and Psychology double major. One of my minors is gender studies. I'm also pretty close to a history degree minoring in ethics. Yeah, I have no idea what happened XD. Anyways, I find myself at odds with just about every organization for some reason or another. I literally can't support anything. D:

Because of various serious legal and ethical issues it's wrong for the government to fund any private organization. Not wrong for them to exist ^^.

serena - That's awful! I bet his dad just wants it all for himself x3. At least you'll make it in a way he will enjoy. Unless if you just want it all for yourself x3.

Salsa's so yummy. Texas has amazing salsa.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 AM

Yeah. I usually make sure when I make stuff for the two of us for dinner, he can eat it. If I'm making something I like, and it has stuff in it he doesn't, I'll make separate for him ^^

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 04:47 AM

Aw... that's nice :3. Does he ever cook?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 AM

Yeah, he does know how to cook. What he does cook, he cooks well ^^

ElysiumFate

Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 AM

@nonsense: I don't think mine could go an inch lower without scraping over speed bumps. http://i.imgur.com/1KjYg.jpg <--two years old, hence the present ribbons. And awh, I like Hyundais, at least the newer ones. You must be wanting to trick out your other car, though. What are your plans?

And that's a really good way to put it, I'm going to have to remember it!

Oh, you won't cop any crud from me about what you brought up with PP. It's just when people like Romney say that it needs to be completely gotten rid of that I want to start kicking ass and taking names.

Small world, I'm a psych major with a minor in business. :)

---------- Post added 09-18-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

Awwwh, Ser found my tumblr and followed me! Whoop. *goes to snoop*

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 AM

Serena - That's good! Cooking's far too much fun to do it alone. To be honest though, I don't think my girlfriend's ever cooked for me x3. Oh well.

Elysium - Aw... it's pretty! I have to admit, it's so absolutely darling and that color red is gorgeous.

Well I've been putting off flushing her out. Whenever the turbo goes to kick in it just sort of gurgles, spits, and winds down. Most of the work is simple cosmetics: replace the interior, new paint, and new weather stripping. I'll probably purchase a extra set of rims and tires. Drifting shortens their lifespan greatly. Someday I'll probably get around to replacing the engine's internals and push her a little harder. Oh, I need to put an exhaust back on xD. My Sonata's nice, it' reliable.

Yes, out of context it does appear to be a direct attack on Planned Parenthood. Here's the sentence in its full context:
Quote:
"You get rid of Obamacare, but there are others, Planned Parenthood, we're gonna get rid of that. The subsidy for Amtrak, I would eliminate that. The National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, both excellent programs, but we can't afford to borrow money to pay for these things."
Taken out of context it appears to be a direct attack on Planned Parenthood but it wasn't. It was referring back to Romney's pledge to defund and revoke federal funding from a list of groups that's somewhat long and I honestly don't remember them all. They include government programs he's going to eliminate (government) or defund (private) to reduce the federal deficit. So not exactly a attack on Planned Parenthood ^^. The context is everything x3.

Awesome! *Dances* Another club is formed.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 AM

Mike and I love cooking together. It's actually quite fun. ^^

@Ely: Yup found you on tumblr :P

ElysiumFate

Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 AM

Thankies. :) When we/I went to buy it, I was like...we aren't going to find a red one. *turns head* WTH? It's a special edition, so there are only so many of that color.

That's what you get with sports cars, I suppose. Everyone drives them hard, so if you get 'em used they're a lot of work.

What'd you do to the exhaust? Bottom it out, or rust it out?

That's the first time I've seen the whole sentence. It's interesting. Won't change my mind on him, but puts it in a little more perspective.

@Ser: I want to reblog all of your things, is that too stalkerish?

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 09-19-2012 at 06:24 AM..

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM

Serena - I'm sure x3. I must learn to overcome my "automatic cooking phase". Sometimes I really get into cooking and I have all the timers, what needs to be done next, and whatnot all in my head and I have trouble figuring out how someone can help xD.

D: All these social network thingies. I'm only on Menewsha and Overclock.net x3. Employers will never find me! Mwahahaha!

Elysium - Sweet! You're probably one of the few Scion XBs around with that color. Any other gadgets with the special edition?

Pretty much, it's a project/hobby car. Meant for drifting and autocross really. What's amusing is my 240sx gets better gas mpg than my Sonata xD.

Because the car was swapped with a SR20DET it needs a different exhaust than the KA engine that comes stock with the car.

Both parties are guilty as sin of picking things out of context. Everybody just picks what parts works best for them.

Is it sad that I don't even know what Tumblr is?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 AM

There are moments where I just want to make something perfect for him. I get obsessive and upset if something doesn't work out right or won't want to accept help. ^^"

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Serena - I know what you mean, perhaps it's a cook's flaw? It doesn't help that they're not some simple customer, but someone you're trying to impress.

"It's wonderful!" *Shakes fist* "It's terrible! You're just saying that! I see the scowl hidden beneath those lips..." "No, no! It's great!" *Throws plate at walls* "STOP LYING!" *Burns down the house*

Maybe it's not that extreme, but my active imagination's out on the prowl. I need to stop studying and sleep xD.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-19-2012, 06:49 AM

@nonsense: It's not too weird that you don't know about tumblr. I mean, it is a pretty famous blog site, but not something that "everyone" uses like facebook.

Yup. Only 2500 of them in the world in that color. :) And oh yes, there are quite a few sparkly things on it. It has a custom interior that only comes with the release series, and the doorwells have red led lights that say "Release Series 6.0". It also has several add ons that came with it, but don't necessarily come with all red scions. It has underdash lights and cup holder lights that light up seven different colors, and a sooped up sound system with a Pioneer navigation system/touch screen with HD and satellite radio, etc.

Aftermarket mods I put in are a subwoofer and sound activated LEDs that light up the cab in 7 different colors to the beat of the music (yes I put in more lights despite it coming with some ).

That's surprising--perhaps your Sonata weighs more?

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 06:59 AM

Facebook will join with the Catholic Church, which will then join with McDonalds... and they'll take over the world.

D: So fancy. That's fantastic! So many toys and so many bits and pieces. Especially sound systems and those touch screen do all-them-things systems. Meh, why not more lights? Those sound activated LEDs are so much fun. I could imagine them being a wee bit distracting though xD.

Oooh. Sub. I've been meaning to buy a amplifier, sub, and speakers for my Sonata, and someday my 240sx. My sound budget has been consumed by my home sound system, sound cards, and various headphones and amplifiers xD. I still want that optic and magnifier though... x3 Only $1,000! Oh, and a upper. Bah! Overall I don't want too many things, but why do they all have to be so expensive?

The SR20DET is a far more efficient engine.

Last edited by Admonish Misconstruction; 09-19-2012 at 07:03 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 09-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Being a psych major really makes you appreciate how awful all three of those things are, ne?

I was quite lucky getting that car, especially with all the things it has in it. I'll remember it lovingly for the rest of my life. :) If I ever sell it...

And yes, when I first got the car I was still a pretty new driver, and had strict laws set down by my dad not to touch the majestical touch-screen doo dad mahthingy until I'd gotten used to the car. I still discover something new about it every now and then because it's so complex of a head unit.

I tend to not drive with the sound activated LEDs on. They tend to go onto a strobe effect at inopportune moments, and despite the cool factor, it's not good. XP I only turn them on when I'm sitting still to enjoy it, or if I've got others in the car to show them off to.

My sub only cost $250 and it shakes windows on the lowest setting. Has good sound quality when playing normally as well. I'd tell you what it is, but sounds like you want something far more complex than the simple one I put in.

But, anyway, it's all so expensive because everything good in life has to be worked for!

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Yeah I have no car lol I prefer the bus and my friend just got her volkswagen fixed which wasn't cheap in fact since everything has to be imported. As for insurance I'm not on any just something that makes lab and hospital visits cheaper. I have finally succeeded in posting lol.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 03:55 PM

Elysium - The world's no longer good verses evil, it's evil verses less evil. Damn you psych! There's no more black and white, there's just grey xD. Knowledge isn't power, it's pessimism.

You'll probably have her for a long time! If you want x3. These new cars seem to last so long without any issues! Not a huge fan of how computerized everything is under the hood but I think I've maybe replaced the alternator in my Sonata? My 240x's twenty-three years old without any major problems. How long will these new cars last?

"Suuuuure dad. I'll do that x3." It's shiny, how are you not going to play with it? Bah, I'm jealous! Those things are just so cool.

Yeah, a mobile disco would be distracting xD. Your friends better be jealous x3.

Oh man, that's not a bad price. I know absolutely nothing about car audio xD. I have no idea what I'm going to get.

But I have a terrible work ethic. D: xD

Lonely - Public transportation would be nice, unfortunetely there's just so little and everything's just so spread out and intermixed. Oooh. What Volkswagen? Hm. That's interesting, car insurance makes hospital visit more expensive?

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 PM

Um Its a beetlebug car not sure if thats a model speaking car is so not for me. Yeah everythings pretty close here so it works for me in the end.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 PM

The old fashioned Beetle? Those can be so pretty! As much as I love having a car I'd love to be able to bike and take public transportation everywhere. I do love the ability to move about and everything though. Maybe I'll live in a city with good public transportation for a year or two.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 PM

Yeah, knowledge for sure doesn't bode well for optimistic people these days. That is the one thing I dislike about psych--absolutely no black and white. I like to think there are a few things left in the world that are black and white.

Scions are made by Toyotas, too, which bodes quite well for them. I suppose within 10 years a new car will come out that I'll love to death, but till then I'll be very happy with my baby.

I pretty much listened to him for the first month. The thing really was a lot to get used to, so I only ever messed with it when I was parked safely in my driveway in the beginning.

They definitely get a kick out of it. ^.^ Some of them want it now that they know I have it.

It's just a flat sub that fits under my driver's seat. I didn't want anything that would take up my trunk or make it hard to access my spare if I ever get a flat. The thing puts out bass, though. I don't think I have it a third turned up and it'll shake the windows easy.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 AM

Unfortunately only the utmost extremes become black and white, genocide and the like. One thing I've noticed especially, even before college, is that many things are counter-intuitive and are the exact opposite than how we think they are. There's numerous stigmas, views, and beliefs that are contradictory to rather good evidence.

Aw... keep her! She's too pretty and special to give into the hands of some stranger. How will she visit you?

Ah psssh. You have more self control than I. "Now son, I understand your new car is... well. Be safe and be careful." *Goes sideways and destroys tires instantly*

x3 Is it difficult to install?

I dare you to turn it all the way up. I dare you!

In two weeks my pretty little Ritsuko's going to get a three thousand dollar makeover :D. Absolutely ecstatic. Hopefully she'll be ready to hit the track again in a month or so. I need to go buy a new helmet...

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 AM

People even try to defend genocide at times, or at least the main person responsible for it.

That's why I like psychology, though. Everything is questioned, and studying it opens my mind constantly to things I never would have thought of on my own. It's made me a much less biased person in some ways.

Lol, very true. I'll see how my life goes, and if I get into good standing money wise later on in life, I'll probably keep her, and get another new car, while I go about repainting and modernizing my old one.

My dad told me that if I f'ed up my tires before they just naturally went bad he'd make me pay to replace them. >.> Considering that the tires that came on my car are racing tires, I would have gotten an ass whooping for destroying $900 worth of tires on a burn out. XP I don't plan to replace them with tires that are that expensive, but I couldn't live down destroying them, either.

As per the sub, it depends on the car, so I can't for sure tell you how much of a mess it'd be for your car, but mine took about four hours. Difficulty will depend on how familiar you are with car electronic systems.

I think things would stop working if I turned it up all the way.

What are you doing for $3000?