AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM

Urik/Uri stepped away from the small group, nodding his head to Zeph. Telling him to handle the leather gowned woman. He would talk more with her later. He'd noticed the way charlotte had eyed him dressed in such a way. He sighed. He didn't want a womans attention. His eyes shop to the white trim of his dress. did he? 'no' he thought shaking away the notion of wanting to be wanted. "I'm not sure where he is, i'll help you find him." he said holding out his hand. "But first I think i should change, my father never approved of me avoiding suitors, it doesn't bother him as much from a distance." her girly voice shimmered. "but if im to talk to him, i should remove my glamour." his eyes shot to the stairs. "Come with me to my room, allow me to change quickly, then we shall find him. does that sound alright?" Urik asked swinging his gown side to side, in a childish manor.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 PM

A sigh of relief escaped Orelia's lips when Xandith returned.She hadn't realized quite how much she relied on him and trusted him in that strange place."Thank you for coming back.I'm really grateful that you're helping me."Wondrous sights where everywhere ,but the young woman was more caught up in musings about her heart and this merman then anything else.

To fill the silence that had fallen Orelia began asking questions that she hoped wouldn't get her in trouble in front of the Wellington standing nearby."Can you tell me anything about your home? It must be wonderful to live under the sea.So merpeople really turn to foam at their deaths? Or is that just something Hans Christian Anderson made up about them? Orelia laughed a little and looked up into Xandith's red eyes with a smile."I hope my questions aren't bothering you."

Himiko Lamprouge
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Himiko Lamprouge Send a message via MSN to Himiko Lamprouge

Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 PM

Charlotte nodded, and began to follow him. If he dressed that that to avoid people then it was working perfectly, but why would he avoid them? Maybe she wasn't the only one who didn't like the idea of being tied down, and being crowded with people who only wanted one thing from her.

"Is that proper? Going to your room" Charlotte asked softly as she followed him closely. Her steps were sinked to his, and echoed a slight clocking sound as her heels beat against the floor. She really didn't keep up with people, and so she didn't know if this situation would cause them any trouble. In some places she'd visited a woman couldn't even show her face to anyone but her husband, and here she was about to be in someone's room. maybe they were relaxed about relationships around here. Actually, why was she worrying about this? It was simply her following someone who was helping her; there was not relationship between the two. It was just an innocent situation. Charlotte really had to spend more time around people and get to know their culture.

"So...you are one of his sons? If you don't mind me asking, what is he like? Mother never even told me what he looks like so I feel I came to this ball blindfolded." She admitted to him.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-16-2011, 10:52 PM

Xandith shook his head. "No they don't bother me. I suppose it depends on how the mermaid is killed, we are immortal otherwise and don't die. The sillyest thing to die from is a broken heart. That is what happens to merpeople when they die of broken hearts, they term to foam." he smiled sheepishly. "I spend most my time in the caribbean, and the bermuda triangle, sometimes in the oceans of greece, it is very pretty." he stretched a bit. "And what is it like to walk on two legs constantly? what is it like to be human?"

----------

Urik laughed as they reached his room. "I never do anything 'proper' as you can probably tell." his voice had begun to change, at about the same time his hair began to shorten. "Excuse me." he said, he invited her the rest of the way in and disappeared behind a dressing curtain. When he stepped out, he was the exact opposite as he had been, he was now tall probably around 6'4. He had a tad bit of muscle but not to make himself look bulky. His hair was short, only some bangs flopped in his face. Most of it was covered with a tophat. He was now dressed in an elegant old fashioned italian tux, his blue eyes shown bright, and he now talked with a male tone, wonderful and soft all at once. "He looks sort of like me." Urik confessed shrugging his shoulders. "It is odd your mother never explained anything about him." he led her out and closed the door, locking it behind him. he slipped the key into his pocket and led her down the stairs. "You're a mermaid yes?" he questioned right before coughing. "Sorry, the glamour i put on my voice before causes me to have a slight cough afterwards." He smiled dazzlingly, showing all of his straight teeth. His canines were a bit large. But he was a pixie.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 AM

[Sorry about the Wellington thing I was reading the profiles and got messed up somehow on who was who ^^;]

Lanalee quickly did a once-over of Orelia. She didn't remember her father putting an Orelia on the guest list, there was an Ophelia or two though...but that was okay...lots of guests tended to show up just because they wanted to. The one thing that she kept thinking back to, however, is that she was human. "So, you're human?" Lanalee hummed quietly for a while. "We don't have lots of human guests, but if you need anything, just find me, 'kay?" Then, she giggled. "I think I'll go find one of my brothers for you~" Running off, she waved backwards and immediately started searching for any of her many brothers.

[Just fixed the Orelia-Ophelia thing]

Last edited by Q U E E N; 03-17-2011 at 01:43 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 12:11 AM

Orelia nodded absentmindedly when Lanalee left,so engrossed was she in the conversation she was having with Xandith.His question was a hard one,really what was it that made one human?Taking a deep breath Orelia looked up at him very seriously.

"To be human,is to know that someday you will die...And not have it bother you because your life is just so full of everything you could wish for.You appreciate the beauty of everything around you more,how the dew sparkles on the grass in the morning or how the sunlight flashes trough the leaves.The infinity of the night sky makes you feel so small,and the thought of all those tiny lights in the sky actually being huge infernos just fills you with wonder.Emotions run rampant in our lives,we feel everything strongly but that's one of the things that makes life interesting.Walking on two legs,dancing around on them ,running and falling it can be hard,just like life,but it's definitely worth it."

She'd just poured out her thoughts,her views to him.Orelia couldn't help but blush and look up shyly at Xandith after that.Somehow she found herself reaching out a little to brush the back of his hand gently with her own."I don't think I could ever deal with being immortal,it would be so boring because after a while nothing new and exciting would ever happen."She started playing with her hair nervously again,and this time the mass of silken locks tumbled down from it's former place to frame her face.

(It's Orelia not Ophelia,easy mistake to make though. >.< )

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 AM

Xandith nodded. It seemed perhaps even humans didn't know what it meant to truly be human. She'd described emotion so he was still unsure, but he smiled. Taking her answer with grace. "Thank you." he nodded once more taking in what she'd said completely. "Falling hmm, you seem to do alot of that." he thought about Lanalee finding a brother for Orelia to court, it seemed most of the Wellington boys were cold and uncaring. He didn't think Orelia would get along with any of them, he shrugged to himself refusing to make lifes choices for her. If she wanted to be someones beauty he wouldn't stop her.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 AM

The cold was starting to make Orelia shiver tremendously."I guess I do fall a lot." Shifting her feet in their heels to keep her toes warm the young woman looked away from Xandith into the night for a little bit to compose herself.Her mind was wavering about meeting a Wellington man,it truly was.It was like that quote,about missing what was right in front of you because you wanted something out of reach.Her mind made up she turned back to Xandith with emotions roiling trough her eyes."Would you mind if I asked you something kind of...Well something that might be hard to answer,or that you might not know how to,or want to?"

Just a night!Not even a full night and she was already going trough this!Orelia knew she had to be out of her mind.Either that or completely desperate,or maybe ...She shook her head a little and looked at the ground,her feet.At anywhere but Xandith's face.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 AM

Xandith laughed. "Sure, go on and ask. Goodness you look cold." he looped her arm through his and led her to a warm corner of the room, where chairs and sofas had been put for the tired dancers to rest, no one was there for now so they were blissfully alone. "Go on and ask me." he prompted.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 01:01 AM

Letting herself be pulled along,she was glad that he'd noticed.For a little bit Orelia savored the feel of that one touch,then she caught herself and blushed again.The young woman busied herself with arranging her dress so she was more comfortable sitting on the sofa she'd chosen.

Maybe she should stand to ask him?No that would be too nerve wracking,thought Orelia."I know we only met tonight but...Really.." Orelia stopped not quite wanting to go on,she managed to push trough her fear though and her heart pounded hard against her chest as she went on."What do you..Do you feel anything for me?I know I ...That I just can't seem to do anythign without you around,I have no idea how I'll be when I leave this place..Because you won't be there and I'll probably never see you again!" She hoped she hadn't been too loud.Orelia wanted to hope that she hadn't said this too soon.She looked away when she felt her lips beginning to tremble.There was no way she was letting Xandith see her cry,it might influence what he would say.

Himiko Lamprouge
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Himiko Lamprouge Send a message via MSN to Himiko Lamprouge

Old 03-17-2011, 01:35 AM

Charlotte felt like someone comepletely different had entered the room when she saw him. He was attractive, so dressing like a girl must have meant he was desperate to keep away from any suitors. She couldn't blame it though, it was one of the reasons she'd left home, and why she rarely spoke to her father anymore.

"I don't speak with my family much these days." She replied hoping it would explain why, and allow her to keep the details to herself. There was no reason to bore the poor man with female problems. Really even she didn't want to relive them. As he came up to her she realized how tall he was, and it made her feel even shorter than normal. With someone over a foot taller than her, it was really intimidating if she hadn't just saw him as a female. Not to mention she was getting a crick in her neck.

"Yes, I'm Victoria and Cleto's daughter...I don't think my father has ever met the family, but my mother apparently has known your father from her younger days." Charlotte continued in hopes to carry on the small talk, and make things less awkward for her

((I'm sorry I was in class then I went home! I'm free for the next 4 days though! lol I'm sorry I'm slow to reply!))

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 PM

(( Sorry for not posting, I've been a bit busier than I thought I would be. Also, sorry for the short post.))

Sil let out a sigh, running a hand through his deep blue hair. He had been standing near the stairs, keeping himself nearly hidden as he watched everything going on around him. He fidgeted with the over-skirt of his outfit, he sighed again, feeling very out of place and uncomfortable. He had seen a beautiful white-haired man, and had wanted to approach him, but another had gotten there first. He silently berated himself, 'Of course, he probably wouldn't like me anyways, she is much prettier than me.' He lowered his head, playing with the edge of his mask a bit. He hated being so shy...

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Codette noticed one of her brothers hiding near the stairs. She gracefully made her way towards him. "Having fun Sil?" She asked her mer-man brother. She lowered her mask completely. Codettes cat-like eyes danced as she watched the ballroom. "I don't know about you, but I'm already exhausted."

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 PM

Xandith turned his head sideways and chuckled a little. "If i....liked women. I probably would adore you." he held out his hand. "I suppose yes i do like you alot. but i can't interpert those feeling correctly because i haven't felt them for a female." he confessed running a hand through his hair. This rarely happened to him. Women that he hing around usually could immeditely tell he wasn't exactly a straight board. "I..." he sighed. "i don't know what to say."

Urik looked down to her. "You could take a step back, it would hurt your neck less." he smiled. "Let's go downstairs, I could use a dance before seeing my father, would you mind very much dancing?" he asked raising one eyebrow. "I think my father would be ecstatic if he saw me dancing with someone as pretty as you."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 10:05 PM

A startled expression crossed Orelia's face.She shook her head a little,quite embarrassed to have put Xandith into such a situation."I'm sorry I had absolutely no idea...I really didn't mean to...Thanks for being so nice about this." All the while she was trying desperately to keep her composure,when she felt the first tears fall at the hopelessness of it all she stood and walked a little distance away. Hiding in the shadows with her back turned to the crowd of frolicking people, Orelia tried to calm down by taking deep gulps of air. It helped,a little. At least she wasn't sobbing hysterically in the middle of the dance floor as she felt absolutely miserable.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 PM

Sil looked up as his sister approached, giving a half-hearted smile as he removed his mask as well. "I guess so... Just watching all the dancing makes me tired." he said, giving a small laugh. He twirled a bit of hair around a finger as he watched all the beautifully clothed people. He loved watching all the colors and fabrics swirl and turn, all the shimmering jewels and metals making the room seem to sparkle. He sighed again and shifted a bit, glancing back up at his sister. "So... do you think any of us will actually get our curse broken? I really don't understand what the big deal about it is.... I mean, we've been living like this for a long time, why do we have to change?" He asked, finally letting out some of his curiosity about the ordeal out.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM

Codette gave a short giggle. "I know. They think dancing is tiring, try watching others do it." she rolled her eyes, and gently grabbed another glass from a passing tray. Codette really didn't care what the beverage was, she just liked the imagery it gave her. Everyone always thinks that necromancy is dirty magic, but really, theres a lot of imagery and seduction to it.
When Sil posed his question she sighed. "I honestly don't know. I ,for one, am happy the way I am. Although I can guarantee you, even if the curse was broken, I'd still break mother and fathers hearts by practicing necromancy, whether or not my apparent 'true love' approved." Codette smirked sipping her drink.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 10:55 PM

Xandith stood, had she taken what he said badly? He said he did indeed feel something for her, he just didn't know what. "Wait!" he called after her. He turned around trying to figure out where she'd gone. "Orelia!" he walked out onto the dance floor as people swirled around him, he had to find her. she'd been so upset. he didn't want to leave her that way. "Orelia please? I don't know what to do." he said aloud, he noticed Codette who he'd seen before talking with some odd looking male. he turned away, his mind still on Orelia.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 PM

Codette looked over and noticed Xandith looking lost. They had met at a previous ball. "Xandith!" she called. "Did you loose something or someone?" she giggled lightly. A kind smile almost out of place on her cat-like face. Codette lifted her mask back up to her face.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 PM

Wiping the tears from her face Orelia turned when she heard her name called by a familiar voice.Slowly she walked out onto the dance floor past all the dancing people.Catching a glimpse of Xandith she went to him,deftly avoiding the swirling skirts of women and the twirling pieces of male clothing.Just behind him,she wasn't quite sure what to say after her sudden unexpected outburst that had so upset him.Drawn like a moth to the flame,thought Orelia silently.

It had been what,ten minutes since they'd spoken last? Hearing a woman call out to the merman,Orelia sighed.She spoke up before he moved again,even thought his back was still to her."I'm sorry,I was just..I never expect this kind of stuff to work out for me.I automatically assume it won't." This had her so confused and muddled!Unthinkingly she placed a hand on his shoulder,hoping that maybe he wouldn't be too angry with her.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 PM

Xandith looked to codette. "Just...a girl." he said smiling weakly. "I think my preferances may have upset her."
he then heard her talk, he whirled around quickly. "I'm sorry Orelia, i do think fondly of you...maybe if you just give it some time i could." he trailed of taking her hand in his. "Please don't be upset."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 PM

A small,tiny, smile flew across Orelia's face when Xandith took her hand.At his words she shook her head a little."Don't change who you are,just because of silly me.It's a comfort knowing that you're fond of me.As for me being upset...Well this isn't the first time my liking someone hasn't worked out..." Trying hard for him,she plastered a smile onto her face.It was already bad enough that she'd acted the way she had.If she had told him how upset she was,well the whole evening would have been a disaster for the two of them. It was a blessing that young woman was oblivious to whoever could have been watching the scene.Otherwise there was no telling what might have happened.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Xandith nodded. "I know you are faking, but your doing it out of goodness." he smiled warmingly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have acted as i had towards you." he hung his head a bit. "It might have been letting you on, I don't know. All i know is i do like you very much and would like to keep you around. You make me happy." he said shrugging a little. "And as far as i see it, as long as we make eachother happy there is nothing wrong with keeping our friendship intact."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-17-2011, 11:49 PM

There was one thing Orelia wanted to do,just out of the blue. Impulsive like she had been the rest of the night,gently she put her hands on Xandith's shoulders. She leaned in and kissed him lightly on the lips,then pulled back.Not lingering any longer then a moment or two.Looking into his eyes,her cheeks at full blush she marveled at how short a time it had taken for so many emotions to roll trough her heart."You never led me on,I'm simply horrible at figuring these things out.You're right,as long as we are happy being friends,there's nothing stopping us." Pausing ,Orelia knew she would have to explain that kiss somehow."Don't be angry about what I just did,I just wanted to know what it would be like ..You know just once?"Pulling back from him,she looked to the floor. She was quite aware that she'd jeopardized the friendship that hadn't even begun because of her curiosity.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 PM

"Uhm." he took a step back and looked down, like a young school boy he too was now blushing wildly. "I don't m..i mean, I didn't mind. its okay." he nodded. "It sort of made my stomach flip like a dolphin." he put a hand to his stomach and took a step forward after he'd composed himself. "So then Miss Orelia, friends?"