Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-07-2011, 03:23 AM

Which just sucks all around. It makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes when i'm out with friends and trying to talk to them and they're constantly texting people. :/ It feels a bit rude. I use to text a lot, but I dont think its very polite to do so while in the middle of a conversation with a person. It puts you off a little if you're talking to someone and they're just staring at their phone most of the time.

Aah, James McAvoy is indeed quite dreamy. He was a cute Mr. Tumnus in Chronicles of Narnia, and he played the role in Wanted really well, too.
That does sound quite hilarious! :lol: Ooh. Manly bonding you say? Definently a must watch. ;D Oh-ho-ho.

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 AM

Exactly. I never used to text, but then I made friends with some exchange buddies from up north and then it was just cheaper to text instead of long-distance calling.
When I go to uni this fall, I'll switch to a national texting plan so I won't have to worry about the text charges I get right now.
My parents wonder why I don't just switch my 'location' to where my uni is ('cause I'll be staying there most of the year), so I tell them most of my friends are still back in Toronto.
Watch me turn into a text-addict after one year *coughcough*

Oh! I knew he was in Wanted, but I never noticed him as Mr. Tumnus! Gonna go back and watch that again then hehehe.
"Male Bonding" is always fun :drool:
That reminds me, James McAvoy was one big BAMF in Wanted. Even if no one could curve a bullet, it's still nice to see all the background details they put into that movie. Morgan Freeman stole the show with the last scene of course. Typical.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 AM

I got turned into one. X.x; didn't use to be until I got more people to text. XD and a better phone..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 05:49 AM

hahaha true true, up 'til a year ago most of the people on my contact list don't text, or don't use their phones often enough.
oh the perils of a qwerty keyboard.
If I had those number key ones I would have probably driven myself crazy trying to text, but it seems like everyone has an iphone or blackberry these days.
It both saves and wastes my time >:/

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 05:50 AM

I know!! The keyboard was my doom. XD

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 AM

oh interesting thing I found out about keyboards a while back, apparently there're quite a couple of other types of layouts besides qwerty
I've always wanted to try another one *v*

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 AM

@ Ahmelo - I had never cared to text when we didn't have it. Then my parents got it unlimited because my brother wracked up a huge bill from texting. Then I became rather addicted. o_o;; I use to just call people if I needed to find something out or ask them something, now I just prefer texting. Its kind of sad, really. :/ We grow further and further from people these days because of technology. I use to text like crazy, though. Constantly texting with friends of mine. But i've grown apart from them, mostly. We've grown up more and have our own responsibilities, so texting all the time to just chat isn't easy anymore. I find I usually just get annoyed with people these days anyway. ^^;;

Yup! It was unexpected to see him in Wanted after him being nice little Mr. Tumnus, but I think he did both roles well. ^^ And he looks like he does really well in that, too. I wil have to see it for sure. Its not out yet though, right? A shame I didn't get to see it in theatres. :'(

Yes, its fun and full of laughs. :lol: And we can all use a good laugh from time to time. :yes:

Ooh, yeah. He got more and more serious throughout that movie. I kind of want to watch it again now, actually. I really enjoyed that movie, and i'm not usually that big of a fan of violence and the like, but I found his character appealing. The way he acted was a little different, but a good different.

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2011, 05:56 PM

hoho yeah, my plan charges me 15 cents each time I receive or send a text.
I know what you mean, I find myself texting more these days, must resist! I still usually call to ask about stuff and chat, but if I find like a funny one liner or joke I would text it to them.
It seems as if the older I get the more I don't feel like putting up with other people's bs. Back when I was younger I would always make nice with people, even if they are unpleasant I would make an effort to talk to them. But now, I actively avoid some of my old 'friends'.

Just watched The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe again with my family yesterday, Mr. Tumnus! And that little dude (Edmund?) was a total idiot >_____>

Ah, he learned to take control of his life, or some other moral like that. Can't wait to see what other movies he will be in.
Have you seen Crazy Stupid Love? I'm wondering if it's worth the time and money to go see it in theatres.
Usually I only see action movies, because the effects are much better on the big screen.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Mhmm. I think thats what got my brother. His girlfriend at the time had always been texting him, even though he'd told her he wasn't supposed to text, and it ended up costing $300.

My friends use to get annoyed when I couldn't text and I'd call them for questions and what not. They were always wanting me to get texting. So we only call each other when one of us isn't answering their texts and we have to talk to get a response fast. Yeah, I hate putting up with bs. lol I try to be nice to people at least, but if they're being rude to me, i'll be right rude back. And if someone is being rude to my friends, then I will not put up with that.

Mr. Tumnus! o 3o I actually have cosplayed him on here before. :D
I know, right? Man, that boy needed to be smacked in that movie. He gets better in the later ones, though.

Yeah, pretty much. And I agree! Look forward to see his other roles.
Nope, i've not seen it. I usually watch action movies in theatres, too. Haha. Or ones with pretty nice graphics.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Is edmund the one that was with the witch?

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 AM

Mhmm. He's the youngest brother. Bit of a bratty kid in the first one.
I think he grows up a bit more in the next ones, though. :yes:

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 AM

Suona
Whoa! My friend's sister made the same mistake, except it was using the internet without a data plan for her

One of my friend is...socially inept to say the least. I won't say that she's a mean person, but she tends not to see how her actions will reflect on her.
Once I asked if she wants to sit with my usual group during lunch ('cause she usually eats alone and works through lunch), and she told me 'no offense, but they are kind of boring'. It was highly awkward.

Did you catch Transformers then? It was so EPIC in 3D, I got a little dizzy towards the end, but man were the graphics :drool:
I totally wanted to see it in imax, but a ticket was like $24 *cries, so alas, 3D it is.
No plot, but hey, when there's hot cars and awesome robots, I probably can't muster up enough brain cells to pay attention to the plot anyways.

Ascadellia
yeah he was a brat in the first movie, geeze didn't anyone tell him stranger danger?

Shania583:
here you go!

and a wip for Ignis

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 AM

Thanks I really like it :)

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2011, 03:34 AM

welcome, glad you like it :D
it took a while longer than expected *_*

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 AM

Thats alright :)

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM

I would love if you would do one of my current avi should you return and have time. :)