LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 05-03-2014, 01:31 AM

Since there has been a continuous problem with not enough people coming on to Mene, I suggest doing a daily rewards system to try to encourage people to come to Mene more often....

Any opinions on that?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 05-03-2014, 05:26 AM

I think it'd be cool. Could be like the Troth Tokens on KofK.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-03-2014, 01:21 PM

I'd love something along these lines, not in the Gaia sense of filling your inventory with tatt, but an cumulative thing. I have ideas for this that have been marinating for years.

Positive thoughts and all that, people. :)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 PM

That would be cool. I would be all for that

Could be tokens for a special store. I know mene doesn't want to make certain items as CIs like halos and whatnot, so using them as items which could be purchased with "activity points" would be sweet.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 PM

Mennies, give me all of the Mennies!
D:

But yeah, tokens sound cool.
xD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-06-2014, 06:42 PM

Mennies would be bad. People would stop donating if mennies was available otherwise

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 05-06-2014, 07:01 PM

I wasn't saying it should be an option. I'm just broke, and I really want to donate.
xDD

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 05-13-2014, 05:37 PM

sounds like a peachy idea.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-17-2014, 03:32 PM

Too bad someone couldn't whip up some sort of "UFO catcher" Flash game, where one could use hypothetical activity tokens to get... say, items you could only get via that game, or random(smallish)amounts of gold, or more activity tokens... or maybe even a small, small chance to get a CI or something...

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 01:01 AM

Do you mean like a claw game to try and collect items?
that would be pretty cool. Have the chance to get old rares from banned accounts or something. .. but that would be hard to code.

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 05-19-2014, 03:52 PM

It would be kind of cool to add along like consecutive log in rewards for those who log in like every day for a week?
Maybe a small amount of gold, like 50g. :) That'd be an incentive for logging on to Mene kind of...

Or with the tokens, maybe there could be like a weekly or monthly raffle?? And the random winner gets a small prize or something. Maybe gold or something? Just an idea. Not sure how well it could be implemented in the site.

I dunno. I just think that something like this would make people want to log in, even if for just 10 minutes. I'm sure some people could abuse this but, with that small amount of gold (25-50?), it shouldn't be too big of a deal. You can make much more by posting. I guess consecutive log-ins for X amount of days are a buffer to the gold gain.

There are equal amounts of cons and pros here I think.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-02-2014, 03:30 AM

A daily award seems like it would pique the interest of the users who like to hoard items instead.
A daily chance isn't what draws me to a site.

Aganab
Butt

Old 07-04-2014, 06:07 AM

I feel that if a rewards system for activity was implemented, it shouldn't be just for logging-in - after all, some people don't ever log out. I usually leave Mene open in a background tab, and, since I almost never close my web browser, it's kind of as I was logged-in all the time, even if I don't visit Mene at all. Plus, even if people do log in just for this reward, that wouldn't really encourage them to be part of the community - we already have certain users that are relatively active concerning being on Mene, however, they don't post and instead get all their gold from games. No, if there was a rewards system for activity, it should be for actually participating in the community - particularly, for posting.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-04-2014, 03:57 PM

aganab - like the first post bonus?

Aganab
Butt

Old 07-05-2014, 09:42 AM

I suppose? But for continuous posting, as there are plenty of people who have posted once or a couple of times and then realised that playing the games is a much easier way to earn gold, and thus stop posting altogether.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 07-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
A daily award seems like it would pique the interest of the users who like to hoard items instead.
A daily chance isn't what draws me to a site.
I agree. It's a good idea in theory, but eventually all the hoarders will come out of the floorboards. I feel like an achievements system for posting certain amounts would work. (1000 posts = prize, etc.)

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-08-2014, 04:15 PM

It would be cool to have a game with personalized item prizes. Like how Gaia has the fishing hole, and the slot machines and blackjack tables earn them tickets to spend and the Prize&Joy.

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 PM

Well, there's bound to be hoarders in any avatar community. It's something we can't really avoid. 8(
But, I do agree. I think achievements for activity or certain actions sound a lot better!

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
"activity points"
Maybe there's some way to tie into posts per day? I don't know why exactly but I watch that number on my account. I suppose just because it's there and it's like I'm tracking my batting average or something.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2014, 03:14 PM

OH MY GOSH, QUESTS. Or maybe challenges? Quests being things thought up and offered by Mene, and challenges being a list of things you could sent to your friends, acquaintances, dog, archenemy, senpai... and completing them would get you prizes.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-10-2014, 04:24 AM

Well penella I was thinking menewsha already has an event currency.
what they could do is create a new currency and for each post you get say .1 activity. it would be only fair to start everyone at 0 right?
then leave a shop open for certain items which can't become CIs like halo or the like and you can purchase them with that.

yeah yeah jelly I know that requires coding xP

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 AM

I am thinking about... an exclusive simple item made specially as a prize. Item given out whenever the person reach certain post level?
Like, 100th post. They get a black color of the item.
and then 500th post. they get red color of the item.
... so on. Same item, different color.

I would think the giving part is a lot of work?

I am a hoarder and collector. <33 I love to collect stuff like those.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Yeesh...See, I'm not a hoarder and having prizes like that would probably annoy me more than anything. Especially if it's an item I don't care for; getting it over, and over, and over, and fucking over again wouldn't be an incentive.
Then again, I can't speak for a majority of users because I don't have a big attachment to anything, either.

All I can speak for is from experience, which derives from things like the Achievements on Gaia, and the Achievements on Ernya. While I don't feel that they are going to do anything to entice new users or even keep old users, they are a neat feature and it's kind of fun to try and complete the challenges when you're not occupied with something more personable. You've already created those stars below a username, which is another form of this.

I would pool the users across all of the forums to ask them what initially draws them into a site. For me, personally, it's the visual aspect.
What do the avatars look like?
What does the site look like? Is it easy to navigate?
Is it easy to earn currency here? Can I spend it easily?
Is it active?

These are the things that I look at, and if the site can pass, then I'll keep returning.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-13-2014, 06:40 AM

jupiter - They could always have it be a shop item perhaps? Something you can just "sell back" if you don't want it.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 AM

Daily rewards should include some form of effort. Maybe, something like 5 posts a day? Lets say 30 consecutive days of being on you get 250 mennies or something? Maybe even a post amount reward. 1k posts gives 10k, 5k gives a special accessory, 10k gives something, 25k, 50k, 75k, 100k. There are alot of things that can be done to show users appreciation for their activity.