View Poll Results: Should my hair be short or long?
Short 1 33.33%
Long 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Ever have a bad hair day? How about a terrible hair cut? Let's talk about our beautiful locks here!

I'll start! I've always had medium to short length hair until recently. I decided to take the plunge and get a pixie cut. I've had a pixie for about a year now. Upon asking my husband if I should grow it out or not, he's said I should grow it out. I'm on the fence, I mean I feel like it is looking pretty dumb right now, but if I can get past this awkward growing out stage maybe it will look nice.

EDIT: I got my hair cut! I feel so much better. I feel like pixie cut is more me.

Share your hair pictures and can give each other advice!

Last edited by llonka; 10-06-2013 at 01:25 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 06:31 PM

i love short

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 PM

I like short too. Have you tried styling your hair with gel or styling products whilst it is short?

If you want it longer, how about growing it into a short bob?

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 PM

I just don't know what to do with it besides pin up my chopped up bangs. xP

What do you two do with your hair? (not meaning for this thread to be all about mine.)

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM

Mine is bob length. I usually just let it dry naturally. The only product I use is a leave-in conditioner (either a spray or a serum) because my hair can be dry and poof out a lot.

You could try using something like a styling gel to run through your hair which should keep your bangs off your face too. Although it may look more masculine.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 AM

I think the shortest I have ever had my hair is about between shoulder and chin length. I prefer mine long and am growing it out right now. Its about the middle of my back, I want to see if I can get it down to the top of my behind, by next summer.

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 AM

My hair is long and I am growing out my bangs, this is how I keep my bangs out of my face.. At this time I have a fairly deep side part.
What I do is, get my bangs very wet with water and gel, then separate into two thin sections at the forehead and twist them together, adding a bit of hair as you go, until ll of the bang is twisted. Secure with a small band or tuck into rest of hair and secure with small clip.
Keeps hair looking cute and neat all day.
Oh, and this will work on shorter hair styles, well any length, too.

Last edited by tigerangel; 09-25-2013 at 04:05 AM..

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Silver Storm- good luck growing out your hair! Do you take any special vitamins or wash with anything special?

tigerangel- Oooh that sounds super cute. I'll have to try it!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-27-2013, 01:05 AM

Hmm, both suit you when the hair looks more styled. That's my issue with long hair, people don't do anything with it, it just sits there, and that's not flattering. Have you considered bangs of some description? As those would give a style more definition.

I'd say go for something midlength. Long enough to keep your husband happy, but short enough to be easier to deal with, and maybe go for some layers to add volume and movement?

My hair is very fine, and if I let it dry naturally it looks like someone just poured it over my head it's so limp and flat. But I use anti-frizz serum on it when it's wet, and dry it with my head upsidedown, with a low heat/speed with my diffuser on my hair dryer, and that gives it some shape and volume. I just finger comb it once I'm the right way up again, until I've got it to behave. It makes a huge difference :O

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 02:00 AM

jelly- Oooh thanks! I thought about maybe an inverted or stacked bob? After this pixie cut grows out of course. That's my problem also, my hair is fine. When it's long it gets really limp and stringy.

I'll have to try what you do and see if helps me! Your hair sounds really pretty.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Ha, my hair is just there at the moment, I haven't had it cut for over a year, and I want to get it cut and re-permed, I miss my curls But mastering a diffuser is great for adding volume to thin/fine hair. A bit of mousse and drying it gently upsidedown makes a big difference.

The fun bobs sound like great options to me :D

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM

You get perms? I would have never imagined! I got a perm once and love it. I didn't have a diffuser though and it went flat quick. Maybe I should get a perm again... I love the look of curly hair and us poor fine haired girls, well me anyways, can never get it to stay with a curling iron. Is there a special shampoo you use to keep your perm in?

I think I'll do a bob for now, just gotta figure out when I should go in to get a "maintenance cut". I guess when growing a pixie, you have keep trimming the back so the front can catch up.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Lol, curling irons... -.- Yeah, I'm a hopeless failure with those -.-

I just use a nice rich moisturising shampoo to not dry things out, then a nice slippery textured conditioner for fine hair. I go for this texture simply because a thick gloopy conditioner gets used up so much faster! I prefer to use a smaller amount, and spend a minute or 2 longer working it through my hair, than waste a load of it by using too much. Also, I blot the excess water out of my hair before applying conditioner. Apply it to dripping wet hair and you're just diluting it so it's not going to work so well anyway.

I tend to get my hair permed every 6-8 months, and get it trimmed every 8 weeks or so. I use Frizz-ease for fine hair on it until it has grown out enough to need a bit more help to encourage the curls, then I'll use a bit of mousse aimed at curl definition too. I've not found any need to use special shampoo for permed hair. But if I didn't dry my hair with a diffuser, it would not look good, no matter if the perm was at it's peek >< It's all about that gentle upsidedown drying. I scrunch the hair up in my hand to help the curls form, and lift it in the bowl of the diffuser until the prongs in it sit against my scalp. I don't hold it there for too long though, because I don't want odd shapes developing and staying.

Once it's dry (all of 5 minutes) I give my head a good shake, then tease my fingers through it from root to tip very gently, then flip my head up the right way. Give it a little shake to get the majority to fall in the place it's meant to be, move a few bits, particularly the front of my part. Sometimes need to run my fingers gently back through the front bit again, but don't do that unless I have to, because the more I do that the closer it edges towards frizz >.>

Then hopefully it doesn't need much more than some hairspray to try and get it to behave for the rest of the day

I wish I had a shot of my hair when it's permed but I've just left it to dry on it's own, because it looks like shit xD But here's a few from when I've dried it properly

All thumbnails so clickeh for bigger :)

Shorter:
Click on thumbnail for full view

Longer and growing out a bit, it's looking a bit stringy there, I think I'd used too much mousse that day, that's what it does to me >< That shot is a prime example of how thin my hair is. See how you can see my scalp through my hair where it parts at the front -.-

Same level of grown-outness, but not too much product xD

Best curls EVAR

Last edited by jellysundae; 09-27-2013 at 11:57 PM..

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 07:38 PM

Oooooh I feel special! I get to see piccies of Jelly!

My hair is thin that you can see my scalp also. I feel you pain. lol!

Sounds like a good routine. I think I'll try that route again. I wonder, can you color your and perm it at the same time? Probably not huh?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-27-2013, 11:56 PM

:P

I have done in the past, coloured my hair the day after getting it permed. Though I just use a semi-permanent colour, and I guess you use an actual dye.

Perms open up the hair follicles for a bit, so if you dye it after a perm the result is likely to be more intense. So I'm not sure if you'd want to bleach your hair at the same time.

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 12:00 AM

Ah okay, just a thought. I always see these women with beautiful light blonde curly hair..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 AM

I guess that would need advice from a hairdresser. Never used bleach on my hair so I don't know

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 04:04 AM

True. Probably couldn't do that, my hair is too fine.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 10-13-2013, 01:55 AM

llonka: I'm not sure what you look like with long hair, but basing my opinion on the picture you posted - keep it short. It looks GORGEOUS! I love short hair on women, I cannot pull it off, but on others - frikken gorgeous!

Since this is a hair thread - does anyone know how to pull off the (what is suppose to be easy) curled hair look? You know when you have long hair you can whip out the curling iron and curl it for that "loose" Jennifer Aniston curl look? I've tried it a million times but it just DOESN'T WANT TO WORK ToT;;

I have thin hair. It's generally pin straight but after I shower I pin it to the side and scrunch it all up with bobby pins, once it's dry I let it go for a type of "curl" to it!

Examples!

Straight (how it is naturally) - http://i43.tinypic.com/5tw6ev.jpg

"Curled" (after the shower/pin up stage) - http://i41.tinypic.com/24m6iax.jpg

What I am looking to do - http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...ls-profile.jpg

What ends up happening - Tight curls that won't loosen

Note: Sorry for the "selfies" I didn't have other pictures of my hair apart from FB profile pics XD

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 10-13-2013, 01:18 PM

Thanks Randeh! I really love it short.

Hmm I've always wondered that also. When mine is long it won't stay curled either. Have you looked up youtube tutorials? Or maybe get a perm? Your hair is really pretty, and I think it looks nice straight. :3

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 10-13-2013, 05:10 PM

8D Short with the proper hair can be so maintenance free and pretty! You wear it well

I've tried youtube tutorials but I fail at life with them LOL. I think I need someone to physically come over and do it while I learn. xD I tried a perm once...worst idea of life @___@;;

This is what my hair looks like today, so I guess it's alright: http://i39.tinypic.com/14y143.jpg

I just want more defined curls but not? LOL! Women, we're always unhappy with something XDD!!!

Thankyouuuu! <3

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 03:06 PM

I totally understand. When mine is long I want it curly too and I can never get it like that. I think looked nice yesterday! Hey what about going to a salon or college cosmetology? I bet they could show you how.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Thank you :)

Hmmm that actually isn't too bad an idea! I think I will try that 8D!

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 PM

Did you ever get to the salon Randeh?

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM

My hair is pin straight, and super fine.
I got a perm last year, and it hasn't been the same since.
It curls when it's wet, yet when it dries, straight.
It tangles too easily now, and it's a little thicker.
My hair falls to my waist. I love an asymmetrical bob, I look really good in it, but hubby likes it long.
I want to go red; current, natural colour is brown.